HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rick Nash+S. Delisle+cond. 3rd to NYR for Dubinsky+Anisimov+Erixon+2013 1st (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 10:51 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Alright.
Thank you.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:53 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus Dog View Post
Just the history (link I posted) of the very short list of players increasing goal totals after age 28.
You're being vague.... I suspect deliberately.

Increasing them from what? The year before, or over their career total?

If Nash has to beat his career total this year to get on that list, that means he can score 41 goals and still not get his name on there.

Which makes your list completely worthless. Everyone on here will be ecstatic if Nash scores 40 goals.

As I pointed out, a player like Gaborik came here at age 28 and he has scored 40 twice despite only doing it once before, at apparently the "peak" of his career from 18-27 in Minnesota.

He comes to NY and scores 40 twice in three years.

Oh, but he doesn't make your worthless list because he only scored 42 and 41 goals here. Since his career high was 42 previously, he didn't "increase" his number of goals scored over his career high after 28, so he doesn't make your list.

Who cares? Your list is ridiculous semantics.

There is nothing to prove that Nash can't score 40 here just like Gaborik did. And if Nash only gets 39, there's nothing wrong with that either.

Getting a 40 goal scorer like Gaborik in here (and Nash in on that level) is well worth what we gave up.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Now throw Semin or perhaps Doan into this mix and our offense will be absolutely lethal.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:54 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Posting it over and over doesn't make the point any better.

It's still easily refuted as a worthless list.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Gaborik did it.

07-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Swedish Fish
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Never sinks in for me until I actually see the guy on the ice in uniform.
i need hockey now!!!!!!

Old
07-23-2012, 10:57 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Fish View Post
i need hockey now!!!!!!
Bettman will **** that up for us.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

By the way, what is the conditions of the 3rd?

Old
07-23-2012, 11:03 PM
Lexus Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
You're being vague.... I suspect deliberately.

Increasing them from what? The year before, or over their career total?

If Nash has to beat his career total this year to get on that list, that means he can score 41 goals and still not get his name on there.

Which makes your list completely worthless. Everyone on here will be ecstatic if Nash scores 40 goals.

As I pointed out, a player like Gaborik came here at age 28 and he has scored 40 twice despite only doing it once before, at apparently the "peak" of his career from 18-27 in Minnesota.

He comes to NY and scores 40 twice in three years.

Oh, but he doesn't make your worthless list because he only scored 42 and 41 goals here. Since his career high was 42 previously, he didn't "increase" his number of goals scored over his career high after 28, so he doesn't make your list.

Who cares? Your list is ridiculous semantics.

There is nothing to prove that Nash can't score 40 here just like Gaborik did. And if Nash only gets 39, there's nothing wrong with that either.

Getting a 40 goal scorer like Gaborik in here (and Nash in on that level) is well worth what we gave up.
Is this real life? Come on guys this is ridiculous. I don't OWN or OPERATE the site. The facts are the facts. After 28 you should not expect an increase in goals. Only 33 players! And look at how elite most of those guys are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
Posting it over and over doesn't make the point any better.

It's still easily refuted as a worthless list.
No, it isn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Gaborik did it.
He's not on the list.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
With my question is...can Pyatt play RW effectively as it would seem line 3 is
Hagelin-Boyle-Pyatt
and if not who is 3rd line RW?

Without Gaborik....can Kreider play RW so line 2 is
Hagelin-Stepan-Richards

and then who is line 3 RW?
What on Earth are you talking about? Richards and Stepan are not going to play on the same line. They're both centers. We don't have a third top-six caliber center.

Quote:
Acting like advanced stats mean much of anything in hockey is absurd. This isn't baseball. Hockey is a real team sport. It's foolish to try and draw conclusions from the numbers.

Edit: And that's just a list of who put up the most points between the ages of 28 and 33. What does that have to do with anything?

Old
07-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Another thing to think about...our PK took a huge hit this off-season. Prust, Dubinsky, Anisimov and Fedotenko were 4 key PKers. Other guys are going to have to step up/learn to kill penalties.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:06 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Is this real life? Come on guys this is ridiculous. I don't OWN or OPERATE the site. The facts are the facts. After 28 you should not expect an increase in goals. Only 33 players! And look at how elite most of those guys are.
Who cares?

Nash can still top 40 goals and not make your stupid list.

Gaborik did the same exact thing.

There's no reason to think Nash can't have a Gaborik-like impact here. None at all. And if Nash produces such a season, we win.

The only one being ridiculous is you.

The facts show that Gaborik only scored 40 once from age 18-27, yet when he got to NY he did it twice from ages 28-30.

So it's reasonable to expect with the cast here, Nash (who scored 40 twice from age 18-27) can also do it twice in the next three years.

The only reason he might not that you've been able to reasonably cite is that there will be so much other goal scoring, he won't have to score 40.

And there's no reason to count that against him.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:

No, it isn't.

He's not on the list.
Your list says nothing about what your claiming, therefor he is not on the list. That list is 180 goals from 28-33, Gaborik isn't 33, of course he isn;t on the list.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Ed Wood

Congratulations Ranger fans. I'm surprised you were able to get Nash for such a pedestrian offer. Ottawa made what I believe was a better offer but Nash didn't want to play here. Having recently visited Manhattan I can't say I can blame him for preferring New York.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Lexus Dog is clearly trolling at this point, just don't give him anymore attention.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:10 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Tim Erixon

This is from late February. A few days before the trading deadline

Quote:
Spoke to a New York Rangers scout who was there to watch Dan DeKeyser, Matt Tennyson and Jordie Johnston, who scored Ferris State’s goal in regulation. Asked if he felt DeKeyser was ready to turn pro, the scout shook his head. “I have a defenseman from Sweden, kid named Erixon, who I absolutely love and he’s just like five out there. Same build. And he’s getting eaten alive in the American League right now.” The scout said that DeKeyser has the brains and the hands, but not yet the leg and upper-body strength to stay afloat during the long war of a professional season.
http://broncohockeyhotstove.com/2012...-friday-night/

That comment sounds like it came from Gordie Clark's mouth. He talks that way.

When Erixon was recalled in March,he still had a hard time. His lack of strength is a concern and he kept getting hit. Del Zotto played in the NHL as a 19 year old. Erixon as a 20/21 year old has trouble with physical play. He was overmatched physically.

I heard Howson's conference call. Erixon was included because he wanted a top prospect. Sather wasn't giving up 3 forwards including Miller in the deal. Kreider was off-limits. So it was Erixon. Craig Patrick scouted the Whale last winter. That's how they knew about JAM.

Torts told Kay that Erixon had the potential to be a really good player but he had not seen it.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:13 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Jim Cerny said on one of his chats a few weeks ago,Hagelin will be used on the PK. Nash can kill penalties. He had 9 shorthanded goals in his full 2 seasons playing for Ken Hitchcock.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

What's the conditions on the 3rd, RB?

Old
07-23-2012, 11:18 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wood View Post
Congratulations Ranger fans. I'm surprised you were able to get Nash for such a pedestrian offer. Ottawa made what I believe was a better offer but Nash didn't want to play here. Having recently visited Manhattan I can't say I can blame him for preferring New York.
What was the rumored ottawa offer out of curiosity?

Old
tpb209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
What's the conditions on the 3rd, RB?
If the rangers make the finals the pick is returned to CBJ

Old
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Another thing to think about...our PK took a huge hit this off-season. Prust, Dubinsky, Anisimov and Fedotenko were 4 key PKers. Other guys are going to have to step up/learn to kill penalties.
Hagelin should be a penalty killer this season. Halpern kills penalties. Pyatt and Asham can kill penalties too. Even Nash has had some use on the pk because he can be a threat shorthanded.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Hagelin should be a penalty killer this season. Halpern kills penalties. Pyatt and Asham can kill penalties too. Even Nash has had some use on the pk because he can be a threat shorthanded.
Still going to be an interesting adjustment period, IMO. Wouldn't be surprised if the PK struggles the first month or two. But then again we have the King, so you never know.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpb209 View Post
If the rangers make the finals the pick is returned to CBJ
Thanks. Is that just for 12-13?

Old
07-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

vCash: 4057
Just wanted to offer my congrats on landing a fish as big as Delisle.

You guys are gonna be so good next year, it's scary.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:25 PM
Lexus Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
What on Earth are you talking about? Richards and Stepan are not going to play on the same line. They're both centers. We don't have a third top-six caliber center.

Acting like advanced stats mean much of anything in hockey is absurd. This isn't baseball. Hockey is a real team sport. It's foolish to try and draw conclusions from the numbers.

Edit: And that's just a list of who put up the most points between the ages of 28 and 33. What does that have to do with anything?
These aren't advanced stats

What does it have to do with anything? It means you wishful thinkers that see Rick Nash having a born-again experience with the Rangers is, well, unlikely to say the least. He will not improve his goal totals from now until 33. Unless you think he's some sort of shining beacon of generational talent.

Off-topic: Ignore advanced stats to your peril (Even these aren't, at all). Puck possession (Corsi and whatnot) was a major problem of ours last season and we didn't do much at all to improve it in the offseason. You know, uh, having the puck is a good thing.

Closed Thread