HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[NYR/CBJ] Rick Nash+Steven Delisle+3rd for Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon, 1st (part II)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-23-2012, 10:36 PM
  #1001
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoreira1981 View Post
As a Rangers fan, when this went down, I thought: this is highway robbery by Glen Sather. To get Rick Nash for ONLY Dubi, AA, Erixon, and a 1st is absolutely nuts.

Has Mayor Bee chimed in yet?
Briefly. I realize that whatever I say will be either ignored completely, or else twisted around entirely into something ridiculous.

So I'm waiting a couple of days.

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 10:37 PM
  #1002
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reini29 View Post
How the hell did Howson give up 2 more assets along with Nash? I mean, they arent anything major but Nash alone should've landed that package and possibly even more.
Delisle is not an asset.

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 10:39 PM
  #1003
oilerbear
Registered User
 
oilerbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reini29 View Post
How the hell did Howson give up 2 more assets along with Nash? I mean, they arent anything major but Nash alone should've landed that package and possibly even more.
Cause Howsen got 2/3rds of what is the 5th best tough comp line in the league by results. The other 1/3 is already on CBJ.

Howsen just traded away nash for two players who can outscore a XXX-Richards-Nash line.

There are a whole bunch of (Hammer, Saw, Wrench) saying Columbus got worked.

Beauty!

Plus he got erixon and a 1st.

aemoreira1981 do you understand hockey?
You traded away two of the three players who could play the other teams best to even or better.

Do not say Richards and Nash cause that would be embarrassing. -ve,-ve,-ve.

oilerbear is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 10:41 PM
  #1004
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,920
vCash: 500
Howson got what he asked for. NHL forwards.

I don't think people understand (and I read this somewhere) that with Nash's cap hit ($7.8M), age (28), and having a NTC that allows him to choose where he wants to go, Howson didn't have many options here. Nash was in the driver's seat, NYR set their price with younger NHL forwards, a nice prospect and a 1st, CBJ either accepted it (which they did) or keep Nash.

Flat Stanley is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 10:44 PM
  #1005
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrant View Post
Didnt the flyers offer more for nash? JVR and a prospect Howson seems like an idiot.

That's never been confirmed

I Am Chariot is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 10:50 PM
  #1006
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post

Howsen just traded away nash for two players who can outscore a XXX-Richards-Nash line.

Huh? Dubi and Arty combined for like 25 goals last year. I do think Howsen is competent enough to take the best deal on the table, but Dubi is a VERY inconsistent player as far as production goes. He will hustle and he will fight guys he has no business fighting, but he's still got a lot to prove.

I Am Chariot is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 10:52 PM
  #1007
FakePlasticJackets
Registered User
 
FakePlasticJackets's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SF via Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoreira1981 View Post
He also tends to fleece the team traded too. Now that Rick Nash actually has players to complement his talent, I see him getting at least 75 points next season if it's a full one.

I have to wonder what Scott Howson was thinking.
As a CBJ fan I agree that it's a tough deal but it's also tough to question what Howson was thinking. The deck was obviously stacked against him. Nash, the face of the organization and Captain, mind you, requested a trade and then listed only a handful of teams to which he could be traded, completely handcuffing any GM. 61 had his cake and ate it too. There were rumors that Ottawa was interested and may have even put together a deal that would have included Zibanejad but that deal was nixed by the guy who insisted that he wanted to "help" Columbus rebuild. You can't blame Howson for that.

Moreover, Nash has always been considered a good "character" guy in Columbus but his actions were even worse than the Adam Foote's in my opinion. Say what you want but Foote was at least a decorated winner in this league and maybe even earned the right to play where he wanted. Nash is certainly not a winner by any stretch. He just comes off as a spoiled brat who cried until he got his way - and on his terms, no less.

Thanks for the memories and good luck in the big city, Captain. Hopefully you will mature a little while you're there.

FakePlasticJackets is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 10:53 PM
  #1008
oilinblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrant View Post
Didnt the flyers offer more for nash? JVR and a prospect Howson seems like an idiot.
JVR got Luke Schenn

nough said.

(not high value to the flyers or many others)

IMO Zibanejad, even though only a prospect, straight up would have been better than Nash. Next to Boumeester i put Nash as the most over-rated player in the NHL.
CLB did well. they have a nice second line and improved PK.


Last edited by oilinblood: 07-23-2012 at 10:58 PM.
oilinblood is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 10:55 PM
  #1009
oilinblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakePlasticJackets View Post
As a CBJ fan I agree that it's a tough deal but it's also tough to question what Howson was thinking. The deck was obviously stacked against him. Nash, the face of the organization and Captain, mind you, requested a trade and then listed only a handful of teams to which he could be traded, completely handcuffing any GM. 61 had his cake and ate it too. There were rumors that Ottawa was interested and may have even put together a deal that would have included Zibanejad but that deal was nixed by the guy who insisted that he wanted to "help" Columbus rebuild. You can't blame Howson for that.

Moreover, Nash has always been considered a good "character" guy in Columbus but his actions were even worse than the Adam Foote's in my opinion. Say what you want but Foote was at least a decorated winner in this league and maybe even earned the right to play where he wanted. Nash is certainly not a winner by any stretch. He just comes off as a spoiled brat who cried until he got his way - and on his terms, no less.

Thanks for the memories and good luck in the big city, Captain. Hopefully you will mature a little while you're there.
If the NHL did anything with NTC/NMC's i think it needs to be that if a player requests a trade they have zero say in where they go and thus void their clause.

oilinblood is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 10:57 PM
  #1010
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNH View Post
Rangers for cup next year!
Hell yes!

Kershaw is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 10:57 PM
  #1011
Vaive-Alive
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
The Rangers need goals and size. Whitney addresses neither. Nash has both. The Rangers gave up two players with low ceilings, Erixon who has the potential to be very good and a 1st rounder. Not exactly Carter for Jagr but the Rangers didn't give up all that much and they're getting a player that's still just 28.

The Rangers have a great mix on the top 6 wings: Gabby's 30, Nash 28, Callahan 27, Kreider 21. Gabby's got two years left on his current deal. The Rangers are set for Stanley Cup 2 runs.
NYR gets the best player in the deal. Yes. He's big and can score. But I hope he uses that size and goal scoring ability better than he did in CBJ. If anything - Richards will make HIM a better player IF Richards and him create some chemistry. Players making 7.8M/ yr. should be elite. He wasn't elite by himself - nor could he elevate the game of any of his teamates to make them elite - so maybe someone else can make HIM elite so that he's worth that 7.8M/yr.

Vaive-Alive is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 11:06 PM
  #1012
ReyHF
Neutral fan
 
ReyHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 2,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Delisle is not an asset.
Well he is a huge 21 yr old defender that was picked in the 4th round. I admit i know nothing about him and the way his stats look like he isnt projected NHL D at this point but you never know. But yeah more like a throw-in than an asset.

Anyways, i know there was very close to zero options to trade Nash to, but sadly i believe that neither Erixon or Anisimov will turn out to be difference makers. If they both pan out though, this could be a great deal for Columbus.

ReyHF is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 11:09 PM
  #1013
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975
 
Alberta_OReilly_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
JVR got Luke Schenn

nough said.

(not high value to the flyers or many others)

IMO Zibanejad, even though only a prospect, straight up would have been better than Nash. Next to Boumeester i put Nash as the most over-rated player in the NHL.
CLB did well. they have a nice second line and improved PK.
i would say jay bouwmeister and rick nash are the two most underrated players in the nhl in your rating system

but perhaps someone else might overrate them if they think they are the very best players in the nhl

in reality bouwmeister is a legitimate 25 min per night guy who would be a top guy on most teams.. a second guy on the rest... and nash is a guy that will score 35-40 goals most seasons even without decent linemates if he stays healthy and motivated. will be always invited to team canada and all star games... is considered one of the top 5-10 wingers in the nhl by all hockey people who actually know enough to have jobs in the NHL

whether this trade is good or not... will ultimately depend on what NY does to surround nash with talent... how the cap works after the new cba... how healthy nash stays

it seems like going market rate or a bit better as far as recent trades go. i guess both sides did the best they could do

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 11:21 PM
  #1014
flameaholic
FOREVER a Flame!
 
flameaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Hell yes!
Hell no!

flameaholic is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 11:22 PM
  #1015
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 30,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
At the limit here

ColePens is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.