HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alex Edler

Old
07-24-2012, 12:23 AM
gsharpe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan271315 View Post
hahahaha your not getting giroux for him thats a good joke
Edler, Kesler, and a first?

gsharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:24 AM
wahoyaho

No thanks.

wahoyaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:31 AM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsharpe View Post
Neither team does that

LeX4cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:34 AM
gsharpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeX4cavalier View Post
Neither team does that
Edler, Kesler,+

Giroux and Mezjaros

gsharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:34 AM
flyersfan271315

Quote:
Consider giroux to be untouchable the only way to get him would be crazy overpayment by the other team. For example van. would prob have to give up edler kesler and 4 1st rounders to even start the conversation and while that is crazy its what would have to happen to even start a conversation not even saying that would get it done

flyersfan271315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:42 AM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Now we're talking. Always liked Shattenkirk; yet another Vancouver Giant escaped the Canucks' WHL scouts (or lack thereof).
Yeah that's not a Blues fan the Blues would not trade Shattenkirk straight up for edler due to contracts.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:45 AM
Yammer

I don't think that Edler has done anything to lose his spot on the team.

Sure he's inconsistent and this and that. But still, he's a good D -- a guy you add to, not put in a deal until you've got a solid plan to replace his minutes.

Yammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:50 AM
DJOpus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yammer View Post
I don't think that Edler has done anything to lose his spot on the team.

Sure he's inconsistent and this and that. But still, he's a good D -- a guy you add to, not put in a deal until you've got a solid plan to replace his minutes.
The guy was tied for 6th in D scoring this year while being a two-way player with a physical prescence...

It all started when Canucks fans figured they could trade Edler for Weber...that I'd do. Now that Weber's gone, for some reason some Canucks fans still want to trade Edler...its madness.

Quote:
Now we're talking. Always liked Shattenkirk; yet another Vancouver Giant escaped the Canucks' WHL scouts (or lack thereof).
What do you mean? Shattenkirk never played fo rthe Giants or in the WHL.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:52 AM
McTank

Quote:
Well, MG has been very good at getting his FAs to sign at team-friendly deals, Ehrhoff being one notable exception. We could very well be headed into yet another CBApocalypse season here, who knows how things will shake out. I would imagine getting Edler under contract will be a pretty high priority this year.

To turn your question around, why wouldn't he re-sign? Vancouver's a contending team, a pleasant city to live in if you've got lots of cash (barring the odd riot), the owners of the Canucks have deep pockets and they're not afraid to open them, Edler's in the system that drafted and developed him and the only NHL team he's ever known, his friends are here, etc etc etc. Cap hit aside, Ehrhoff was making $10 mil last season, let's not forget. If Edler's more reasonable, I for one remain optimistic we can strike a good deal for everyone involved.
Thats a fair point. Just figure the players are seeing these 100 million dollar contracts being handed out and wanna get in on it. If the canucks are willing to pony up the money he should re-sign

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:53 AM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
Stewart, Shattenkirk, and a 1st
This would probably be near fair value if Edler was signed long term

Old
07-24-2012, 01:26 AM
Rey

Quote:
This would probably be near fair value if Edler was signed long term
If Edler was signed long term, it isn't even close to what the return Edler should be getting.

Stewart, a lazy, power forward who is inconsistent and is questionable defensively and Shattenkick, a non-physical puck moving defense man at 5'11. This is nothing. It would be a fleeced situation like the Nash Trade. Even if you put in, Oshie it still wouldn't be fair. Oshie's a flashy small forward. He's be on the Nucks 2nd line at best, while the Canucks would have a huge hole on D.

St.Louis is one of my favorite teams, If i had to chance to trade 2 of any 3, plus a 1st for Edler. I'd do it in a second. Edler and Pietrangelo would thrive, especially in Hitchcocks system, Edler would probably reach full potential. Those 3 players are all replaceable. Especially since they have so many intriguing forward prospects.

Last edited by Rey: 07-24-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 01:43 AM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If Edler was signed long term, it isn't even close to what the return Edler should be getting.

Stewart, a lazy, power forward who is inconsistent and is questionable defensively and Shattenkick, a non-physical puck moving defense man at 5'11. This is nothing. It would be a fleeced situation like the Nash Trade. Even if you put in, Oshie it still wouldn't be fair. Oshie's a flashy small forward. He's be on the Nucks 2nd line at best, while the Canucks would have a huge hole on D.

St.Louis is one of my favorite teams, If i had to chance to trade 2 of any 3, plus a 1st for Edler. I'd do it in a second. Edler and Pietrangelo would thrive, especially in Hitchcocks system, Edler would probably reach full potential. Those 3 players are all replaceable. Especially since they have so many intriguing forward prospects.
Shattenkirk is far from replaceable. He's had over 40 points his first 2 NHL seasons. He is on the small side but he really doesn't shy away from contact. He's not physical player but far from soft. Shattenkirk is pretty good positionally defensively. Far from a liability defensively.

Stewart has scored 28 goals twice. Stewart really isn't a lazy player either if you watch him play.

BTW I understand the Canucks wanting to keep Edler bit you really are downplaying Shattenkirk's value to the Blues. To be honest by trading Shattenkirk for Edler is almost a lateral move for how much ti would help the Blues. Pietrangelo and Edler would be great together but the 2nd pairing would have not offensive spark at all as it would be Jackman on Polak most likely.

No real Blues fan would make that deal......

Old
07-24-2012, 01:48 AM
Tyler Biggs*
Go Leafs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Realistically a return I would want for Edler: A top defensive prospect/rookie ready to make an impact in the NHL, plus a good top 6 winger.

For example, Franzen + Smith, or Lupul(or JVR+) and Gardiner.

Depending on which players come back, we may have to add some in return, but that is what I would like to see come back.
No.

Tyler Biggs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 01:51 AM
Rey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Shattenkirk is far from replaceable. He's had over 40 points his first 2 NHL seasons. He is on the small side but he really doesn't shy away from contact. He's not physical player but far from soft. Shattenkirk is pretty good positionally defensively. Far from a liability defensively.

Stewart has scored 28 goals twice. Stewart really isn't a lazy player either if you watch him play.

BTW I understand the Canucks wanting to keep Edler bit you really are downplaying Shattenkirk's value to the Blues. To be honest by trading Shattenkirk for Edler is almost a lateral move for how much ti would help the Blues. Pietrangelo and Edler would be great together but the 2nd pairing would have not offensive spark at all as it would be Jackman on Polak most likely.

The way you are saying it, You seem to represent the blues.

Like i said. I wouldn't make the deal if i was Vancouver, so whether you like or not. You can keep your scraps.

You don't wanna make the deal? Fine. Canucks shouldn't trade Edler to begin with.

Old
07-24-2012, 01:51 AM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post

It would take a massive overpayment to get Edler. That package is an overpayment, but they are only slightly overpaying. I understand why the Blues wouldn't do that, but it would take that, if not more to get Edler.

Old
07-24-2012, 01:56 AM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
The way you are saying it, You seem to represent the blues.

Like i said. I wouldn't make the deal if i was Vancouver, so whether you like or not. You can keep your scraps.

You don't wanna make the deal? Fine. Canucks shouldn't trade Edler.
Shattenkirk is only 23, and has already gotten 43 points. Chris Stewart is a good pwf who is capable of getting 25-30 goals and 50-60 points, I wouldn't consider them scraps, add a 1st to that too.

Old
07-24-2012, 02:01 AM
Rey

Quote:
Shattenkirk is only 23, and has already gotten 43 points. Chris Stewart is a good pwf who is capable of getting 25-30 goals and 50-60 points, I wouldn't consider them scraps, add a 1st to that too.
None of them, make the Canucks better. The Canucks desperately lacking physical players on the back end. Chris Stewart will have to fight for a top six position. There's a reason they have to be packaged to acquire Edler.

Old
07-24-2012, 02:04 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
None of them, make the Canucks better. The Canucks desperately lacking physical players on the back end. Chris Stewart will have to fight for a top six position.
Hahah, oh boy.

Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk both easily make our lineup and both easily would help.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 02:05 AM
Rey

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Hahah, oh boy.

Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk both easily make our lineup and both easily would help.
Okay, Genius. Who takes over Edler's spot?

Old
07-24-2012, 02:06 AM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
Garrison

Old
07-24-2012, 02:07 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Oh jeez, maybe Jason Garrison?

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 02:08 AM
Rey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Oh jeez, maybe Jason Garrison?
Garrison isn't even close to the level of Edler. Garrison basically replaced Salo. He's not going to physical...

Old
07-24-2012, 02:11 AM
McTank

Quote:
None of them, make the Canucks better. The Canucks desperately lacking physical players on the back end. Chris Stewart will have to fight for a top six position. There's a reason they have to be packaged to acquire Edler.
Isnt raymond in your top 6?

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 02:13 AM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Garrison isn't even close to the level of Edler. Garrison basically replaced Salo. He's not going to physical...
You know last season Edler had 143 hits correct? Garrison had 127 hits. It's really not that far off. Edler was #3 on the Canucks in hits garrison would have been #3 in hits if you took Edler out or #4 with Edler.

Old
07-24-2012, 02:13 AM
Rey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Isnt raymond in your top 6?
When Healthy, it's going to be:

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler XXXXX

He's got one spot open, and no Raymond isn't in the top 6.