HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rick Nash+S. Delisle+cond. 3rd to NYR for Dubinsky+Anisimov+Erixon+2013 1st (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2012, 03:01 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Only thing I'm upset about is that I need to change my username now

Old
07-24-2012, 03:12 AM
Jxmarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead777 View Post
We should have gotten Nash when i asked for him, and we'd be Stanley Cup Winners already.
The trade that was made yesterday was not available at the trade deadline. In other words, you're saying we should've met Howson's demands in February and traded Kreider, Stepan & McDonagh or MDZ instead of the players we sent. Ok...

No single player acquired in February would've guaranteed the Stanley Cup for the Rangers, especially if it meant subtracting other key players. I would rather put my team in the best position to win for the next 5 seasons than strip my team to make one questionable run.

Old
07-24-2012, 03:12 AM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

I've heard all sorts of stuff about how this guy is in the room, ranging from tremendous leader, to arrogant locker room cancer

I'm excited to get to know the real Rick Nash.

Old
07-24-2012, 03:26 AM
Jxmarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
If nothing else Nash is probably a better fighter then Dubi and Arti combined.

Goon our way to the cup in 2013
I hate to break the news, but Nash isn't a better fighter than Dubi. He's had 8 fights in his 9 year NHL career, only one of which (vs. Jim Vandermeer) was noteworthy.

This one against Malkin was particularly embarrassing...

http://youtu.be/UiMPsB6qJKA

Fortunately, we did not acquire him for his fighting skills.

Old
07-24-2012, 03:34 AM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I've heard all sorts of stuff about how this guy is in the room, ranging from tremendous leader, to arrogant locker room cancer
When you have to carry a team's offense without any support for as many years as Rick Nash, you might get to the point where you no longer contribute to the locker room in the best way. As a captain and franchise player you could say he should put the team before himself, suck it up and just lead his guys, but I don't blame him if he found it harder to be cheerful in the locker room towards the end.

I'll really miss Dubi and Artie, but I love the trade and can't wait to see #61 start playing with the Rangers. No lockout please.

Old
07-24-2012, 03:50 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

I remember Torts saying after the season ended that there were players that he like what he saw in the playoffs and didn't like what he saw in the playoffs. I have a feeling that these were two of the players that Torts didn't like what he saw in the playoffs. Sure, Stepan, Kreider, McDonagh, and Hagelin are younger players, but if Hagelin played worse than he did, my guess is he'd have been on Torts out list as well.

I feel in this trade Torts got a player in return he really wants and gave away two players he wasn't sure about moving forward.

As much as we applaud Sather for keeping the right players, Torts and the rest of management get the thumbs up for making it known that certain players aren't going the other way.

Old
07-24-2012, 04:35 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxmarts View Post
I hate to break the news, but Nash isn't a better fighter than Dubi. He's had 8 fights in his 9 year NHL career, only one of which (vs. Jim Vandermeer) was noteworthy.

This one against Malkin was particularly embarrassing...

http://youtu.be/UiMPsB6qJKA

Fortunately, we did not acquire him for his fighting skills.
To be fair, Dubi can only fight Mike Richards without embarrassing himself, so that's a wash.

And Arty prefers the hands off approach to taking care of an adversary.

Old
07-24-2012, 05:26 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Late last week, Sather added Erixon to the talks as a “sweetener” to get the deal done, sources told The Dispatch, but only if the Jackets would add something to their offer. Howson added the third-round pick, and he and Sather mulled the trade over the weekend.
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...-rick-now.html

Where does Erixon fit on Columbus? They added Jack Johnson and selected Ryan Murray. They gave Nikita Nikitin a 2 year deal worth $4.3M. They have two big contracts in Fedor Tyutin and James Wisniewski. Johnson is a 3rd big contract on D. Their top 4 is Johnson,Wisniewski,Tyutin and Nikitin. Tyutin can play the right side. They gave Adrian Aucoin $2M guaranteed. Righty shot on their 3rd pair. It leaves one spot. Scott Howson turned down 10 picks for Ryan Murray. He is their #1 pick. 2nd overall. The next great NHL D. Logic dictates Murray will be on the team. The NHL scouts believe Murray can play in the NHL this season. Murray is a lefty. Their first round pick from 2009 John Moore is another lefty. David Savard is a righty.

Now the Columbus fans say Erixon can be a top 3 D for their team. With Johnson and Murray on the left side,Erixon is a 3rd pair LD with Nikitin still on the books. On the right side,they have Tyutin(6 years remaining/$4.5M cap #) and Wisniewski(5 years/$5.5M cap #). Both of those players have NMCs and modified NTCs.

Will they trade Erixon? His next team would be his fourth NHL team and 3rd trade. David Rundblad is also on his 3rd NHL team having been traded twice.

Old
07-24-2012, 05:33 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
imho the Rangers just went from being Stanley Cup Contenders, to being Stanley Cup Favorites.

Big call. Not sure I'd say we are favorites.

Either way there are 3 very good teams in East. Pens, Rangers and Flyers (assuming they get Weber). Bruins are notch below these 3 IMO. Flyers without Weber would be there with Bruins.

It sucks that 1 of top-2 teams in East will have to settle for #4 seed.

Old
07-24-2012, 05:34 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post

Either way there are 3 very good teams in East. Pens, Rangers and Flyers (assuming they get Weber). Bruins are notch below these 3 IMO. Flyers without Weber would be there with Bruins.

As I said, if they address their other holes they could be the favorites. Depends what Sather does before the season.

Old
07-24-2012, 05:43 AM
Levitate

Interesting to me that there's the idea that the Rangers added Erixon as "sweetner" to get the deal moving, when we know he was already offered up before now. Maybe as part of the deadline deal or around the draft Sather offered him as part of a package, and then pulled back on when Howson didn't bite. Then he waits a bit and throws Erixon out again, hoping for a bite, and gets one this time. Sather already knew he was fine with moving Erixon, but was waiting for the right situation where including him feels like "the Rangers are moving off of their demands!" to Howson

Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but Slats is a big fisherman after all!

edit: I still don't expect him to score 40 though. Yes, maybe he'll have more talent to work with, but we shouldn't be banking on a the whole "change of scenery!" too much. People though Gaborik would score 50-60 with a "change of scenery"

I think last year was a down year for Nash and he's better than that, but I'm expecting more around 35 goals if anything. I do think he'll be able to keep that up for several years though. I think he starts to tail off around 32

Last edited by Levitate: 07-24-2012 at 05:51 AM.
Old
07-24-2012, 06:15 AM
Moosehead777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxmarts View Post
The trade that was made yesterday was not available at the trade deadline. In other words, you're saying we should've met Howson's demands in February and traded Kreider, Stepan & McDonagh or MDZ instead of the players we sent. Ok...

No single player acquired in February would've guaranteed the Stanley Cup for the Rangers, especially if it meant subtracting other key players. I would rather put my team in the best position to win for the next 5 seasons than strip my team to make one questionable run.

All i said was if we had had him for the playoff run we'd be Stanley Cup Winners by now.

I dont pretend to know what happens behind closed doors.

Maybe you should stop mistaking "my team" as i was there for the talks and negotiations.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:17 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Interesting to me that there's the idea that the Rangers added Erixon as "sweetner" to get the deal moving, when we know he was already offered up before now. Maybe as part of the deadline deal or around the draft Sather offered him as part of a package, and then pulled back on when Howson didn't bite. Then he waits a bit and throws Erixon out again, hoping for a bite, and gets one this time. Sather already knew he was fine with moving Erixon, but was waiting for the right situation where including him feels like "the Rangers are moving off of their demands!" to Howson

Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but Slats is a big fisherman after all!

edit: I still don't expect him to score 40 though. Yes, maybe he'll have more talent to work with, but we shouldn't be banking on a the whole "change of scenery!" too much. People though Gaborik would score 50-60 with a "change of scenery"

I think last year was a down year for Nash and he's better than that, but I'm expecting more around 35 goals if anything. I do think he'll be able to keep that up for several years though. I think he starts to tail off around 32
I'll sign up for 35 goals from Nash right now. Add that to a pro-rated Gaborik, and I think you have two quality scoring lines, and two lines that force the opposition to pick their poison in terms of defensive matchups. This is where Kreider becomes a wild card.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:23 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post

I expect him to be in the vicinity of 35 goals, but I think his real value will come out in the playoffs. The Rangers needed that big power forward who can drive the net and score the dirtier goals. Gabby is great, but that's not his game. Also, the opposing shut down D can't be on the ice to face both of them...

Old
07-24-2012, 06:33 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post

Adding Weber certainly helps, but, if either Simmonds or Voracek have to be sent back as part of the deal, the Flyers have taken a hit offensively. And substituting Schenn for Carle is a lateral move. Plus, Bryzgalov is still in goal.

The Pens have lost Staal and Michalek, while adding Sutter.

The Bruins are every bit as good as either of those teams. Seguin will continue to improve exponentially.

What the Rangers have done is rearrange their 3rd and 4th lines while upgrading their top six. Plus, they get Kreider for a full year. So, they've gone from Dubi and AA in the top 6, to Nash and Kreider. (Or literally, Nash replaces Hagelin, who replaces Dubi, and Kreider replaces Anisimov.)

Old
07-24-2012, 06:41 AM
alkurtz

I've always been a big fan of Nash, and thrilled that he is part of our team.

However, I have some grave reservations that have nothing to do with Nash but with the loss of Erixon.

There were two reasons why we were eliminated in the playoffs: lack of scoring and an overreliance on four defensemen who wore down as the playoffs progressed and finally hit the proverbial wall.

Going into the offseason I felt it imperative that the Rangers somehow rebuild that third pair of D so as to remove some of the stress from our top 4 and keep them from playign 27+ minutes a night. We all know how Torts leans on certain players.

Erixon was, hopefully, to be part of that 3rd pairing. Now we are left with Stralman and Bickel. Both did a fairly good job last year, but when push comes to shove, we all know that Torts will not play either guy.

Although our options are limited, we need to do something about our 3rd pair D. Injuries will happen. We can't count on Sauer. McIlrath is likely a year away from playing regularly in the NHL.

Attaining Nash hopefully addressed one problem but created another. What are we going to do about our third pair D?

Old
07-24-2012, 06:55 AM
Moosehead777

Now go get the Doan................

Old
07-24-2012, 06:56 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkurtz View Post

However, I have some grave reservations that have nothing to do with Nash but with the loss of Erixon.

There were two reasons why we were eliminated in the playoffs: lack of scoring and an overreliance on four defensemen who wore down as the playoffs progressed and finally hit the proverbial wall.

Going into the offseason I felt it imperative that the Rangers somehow rebuild that third pair of D so as to remove some of the stress from our top 4 and keep them from playign 27+ minutes a night. We all know how Torts leans on certain players.

Erixon was, hopefully, to be part of that 3rd pairing. Now we are left with Stralman and Bickel. Both did a fairly good job last year, but when push comes to shove, we all know that Torts will not play either guy.

Although our options are limited, we need to do something about our 3rd pair D. Injuries will happen. We can't count on Sauer. McIlrath is likely a year away from playing regularly in the NHL.

Attaining Nash hopefully addressed one problem but created another. What are we going to do about our third pair D?
Probably a trade, or maybe a UFA signing. Trade if we actually try to acquire a pp triggerman. UFA if we are acquiring a body.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:57 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Darren Dreger said Nash will get score 40 goals in his sleep playing with Richards.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:57 AM
Moosehead777

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkurtz View Post

Minor inconvenience.

With lighting the lamp so much who cares about a 3rd pair.

You and me will play 3rd pair.

And it'll seem like were all stars.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:58 AM
Moosehead777

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Darren Dreger said Nash will get score 40 goals in his sleep playing with Richards.
im saying 42 goals.......90 points.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:00 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Nash is essentially the replacement for Loui Erickson. I think Nash will have more chemistry with Richards than with Gaborik. In fact, I don't think Gabs will play with Richards again. Nash will take the first line RW spot.

Gabs will probably be moved back with Stepan when he is healthy.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:17 AM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Nash is essentially the replacement for Loui Erickson. I think Nash will have more chemistry with Richards than with Gaborik. In fact, I don't think Gabs will play with Richards again. Nash will take the first line RW spot.

Gabs will probably be moved back with Stepan when he is healthy.
Nash's natural position is LW.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:19 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Looking at the CBJ thread, where everyone was expecting one of Kreider or Stepan, the trade does look like a fleece.

Didn't think they actually expected that to happen. Wow. Good thing I don't leave HFNYR.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
If Step can hold his own between Gabby and Nash he could have an AMAZING season. I know most assume it will be Richards but I'm sure at some point they will put Stepan.

Closed Thread