HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFBoards Hab Fans Prospect Depth Chart

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-23-2012, 09:36 PM
  #1
Scotianhab
Registered User
 
Scotianhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
HFBoards Hab Fans Prospect Depth Chart

HFBoards Hab Fans Prospect Depth Chart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to the WTK prospect polls, I thought I would create a prospect depth chart of each position based on the voting of the Habs board members. Hockeys Future has their own but I was curious to see what it would look like from the board members. This can be merged into the main prospect thread if need be.

LW

Tim Bozon
Blake Geoffrion
Mark MacMillan
Charles Hudon
Erik Nystrom
Olivier Archambault
Phillipe Lefebvre

C

Alex Galchenyuk
Louis Leblanc
Michael Bournival
Patrick Holland
Brady Vail
Gabriel Dumont
Joonas Nattinen
Daniel Pribyl
Dustin Walsh
Michael Cichy

RW

Sebastien Collberg
Brendan Gallagher
Danny Kristo
Steve Quailer
Alexander Avtsin
Ian Schultz
Alain Berger
Maxim Trunev

D

Nathan Beaulieu
Jarred Tinordi
Morgan Ellis
Dalton Thrower
Mac Bennett
Darren Dietz
Brendan Nash
Greg Pateryn
Josiah Didier
Magnus Nygren
Colin Sullivan
Joe Stesjkal

G

Peter Delmas
Robert Mayer

That's a bit better to read. Thanks to the posters for their help.


Last edited by Scotianhab: 07-23-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:48 PM
  #2
Scotianhab
Registered User
 
Scotianhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
That didnt turn out well and it wont let me edit it. Maybe a Mod can help

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 10:09 PM
  #3
Galchenyuk94
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Just do a LW, C, RW, D and G section, not lines

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 10:34 PM
  #4
not quite yoda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Qatar
Posts: 3,504
vCash: 500
cool thread, bro

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 10:57 PM
  #5
Takashi
Registered User
 
Takashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 941
vCash: 500
żou shoud've put Left D and Right D

Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:09 PM
  #6
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
cool thread, bro
I didn't see you smartass lift a finger to do half the work he tried makin'

the man went through a lot of trouble to compile that entire list and got only an embarrassing result due to poor forum formatting. Last thing he needs or wants is some lazyass condescending attitude.

Scotianhabs, have you tried reposting the list in other posts, displayed as simple text colum? Add sorting numbers if you can, helps sort out and talk about the kids.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:41 PM
  #7
Not a Fish
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
HFBoards Hab Fans Prospect Depth Chart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to the WTK prospect polls, I thought I would create a prospect depth chart of each position based on the voting of the Habs board members. Hockeys Future has their own but I was curious to see what it would look like from the board members. This can be merged into the main prospect thread if need be.

LW

Tim Bozon
Blake Geoffrion
Mark MacMillan
Charles Hudon
Erik Nystrom
Olivier Archambault
Phillipe Lefebvre

C

Alex Galchenyuk
Louis Leblanc
Michael Bournival
Patrick Holland
Brady Vail
Gabriel Dumont
Joonas Nattinen
Daniel Pribyl
Dustin Walsh
Michael Cichy

RW

Sebastien Collberg
Brendan Gallagher
Danny Kristo
Steve Quailer
Alexander Avtsin
Ian Schultz
Alain Berger
Maxim Trunev

D

Nathan Beaulieu
Jarred Tinordi
Morgan Ellis
Dalton Thrower
Mac Bennett
Darren Dietz
Brendan Nash
Greg Pateryn
Josiah Didier
Magnus Nygren
Colin Sullivan
Joe Stesjkal

G

Peter Delmas
Robert Mayer

That's a bit better to read. Thanks to the posters for their help.
Puts things in perspective. Skaters look good in all positions except LW.

Not a Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:45 PM
  #8
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,276
vCash: 50
Should we realistically put Leblanc as a center?
Also, Holland is a RW not a C.
What does Dumont play with hamilton? Wing or C?

Man, just going down the C list makes me feel we're missing depth there. The Goalie depth is obviously lacking and the LW depth isn't very strong either. RW and D look relatively good.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:58 PM
  #9
Scotianhab
Registered User
 
Scotianhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Should we realistically put Leblanc as a center?
Also, Holland is a RW not a C.
What does Dumont play with hamilton? Wing or C?

Man, just going down the C list makes me feel we're missing depth there. The Goalie depth is obviously lacking and the LW depth isn't very strong either. RW and D look relatively good.
I wasn't sure about Leblanc, was drafted as a C but played RW in his call up. Holland played C in junior I think. I went by what WTK had listed. Quailer could also be moved to the LW.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:28 AM
  #10
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,276
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
I wasn't sure about Leblanc, was drafted as a C but played RW in his call up. Holland played C in junior I think. I went by what WTK had listed. Quailer could also be moved to the LW.
Holland is listed as a RW on HF, Hockeydb, whl.ca, eliteprospects, etc...

I figure he's a RW unless they're all wrong. Mind you, I didn't watch Holland in junior so maybe they are wrong.

Well, the idea is leblanc would probably end up like higgins. A center converted to wing but who knows, just many feel he won't be a C.

Even with Quailer, the RW position is stacked relative to the LW.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:53 AM
  #11
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ch‚teauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,041
vCash: 1340
That Goalie Depth.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 07:50 AM
  #12
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,133
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
LW needs some work.
Center needs more work as well since Leblanc is a RWer.
Goalie needs a TON of work.

Right now the strength in the pool lies in our D and RW.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:07 AM
  #13
danyhabsfan
Registered User
 
danyhabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
HFBoards Hab Fans Prospect Depth Chart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to the WTK prospect polls, I thought I would create a prospect depth chart of each position based on the voting of the Habs board members. Hockeys Future has their own but I was curious to see what it would look like from the board members. This can be merged into the main prospect thread if need be.

LW

Tim Bozon
Blake Geoffrion
Mark MacMillan
Charles Hudon
Erik Nystrom
Olivier Archambault
Phillipe Lefebvre

C

Alex Galchenyuk
Louis Leblanc
Michael Bournival
Patrick Holland
Brady Vail
Gabriel Dumont
Joonas Nattinen
Daniel Pribyl
Dustin Walsh
Michael Cichy

RW

Sebastien Collberg
Brendan Gallagher
Danny Kristo
Steve Quailer
Alexander Avtsin
Ian Schultz
Alain Berger
Maxim Trunev

D

Nathan Beaulieu
Jarred Tinordi
Morgan Ellis
Dalton Thrower
Mac Bennett
Darren Dietz
Brendan Nash
Greg Pateryn
Josiah Didier
Magnus Nygren
Colin Sullivan
Joe Stesjkal

G

Peter Delmas
Robert Mayer

That's a bit better to read. Thanks to the posters for their help.
In conclusion we have a better group of prospect but were still small up front.

Forward=B (in need of more size)
Defense=A
Goalie=D (but we have Price)

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:09 AM
  #14
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
LW needs some work.
Center needs more work as well since Leblanc is a RWer.
Goalie needs a TON of work.

Right now the strength in the pool lies in our D and RW.
The jury is still out for Leblanc imo. (Like it is for Eller) I think he belong as a center personally, but there's just a lot of competition(and young competition) in front of him at the moment. This could change if some of the prime guys are traded. Wouldn't be too surprised to have a center line of Galchenyuk - Eller - Leblanc at some point, neither would I be surprised if Leblanc end up being a perennial high quality 2nd-3rd liner who can chip in offensively.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:13 AM
  #15
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
In conclusion we have a better group of prospect but were still small up front.

Forward=B (in need of more size)
Defense=A
Goalie=F
I changed something...

We have no NHL talent in our goalie prospects, it's a failure, this needs to change. Price is out of this discussion and really the fact that we have a top guy is irrelevant when you look at prospects.

I'm still wondering if Timmins was gunning for Dansk more than Collberg, but that's another discussion.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:24 AM
  #16
Paul Dipietro
Registered User
 
Paul Dipietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
I changed something...

We have no NHL talent in our goalie prospects, it's a failure, this needs to change. Price is out of this discussion and really the fact that we have a top guy is irrelevant when you look at prospects.

I'm still wondering if Timmins was gunning for Dansk more than Collberg, but that's another discussion.
I'm fairly confident that we'll find someone in the undrafted pool (likely from the Q). If that doesn't pan out, we'll draft our next franchise goalie in the late rounds next year -> DEEPEST POOL EVER

Paul Dipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:50 AM
  #17
habs_24x
Registered User
 
habs_24x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,377
vCash: 500
In 2 years

Subban - Tinordi
Gorges - Beaulieu
Emelin - Thrower
Ellis

habs_24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:58 AM
  #18
SeriousHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,661
vCash: 500
Didn't we reaquire Cedric Desjardins? He can't be worst than Delmas and Mayer.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:59 AM
  #19
SeriousHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x View Post
In 2 years

Subban - Tinordi
Gorges - Beaulieu
Emelin - Thrower
Ellis
4 rookies on defense. I hope the 2015 draft will be good!

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 09:06 AM
  #20
habs_24x
Registered User
 
habs_24x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
4 rookies on defense. I hope the 2015 draft will be good!
Well, you can bring in 2 next year and 2 more the year after. Ok, maybe 2-3 years but i seriously cant wait!

habs_24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 11:07 AM
  #21
danyhabsfan
Registered User
 
danyhabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x View Post
In 2 years

Subban - Tinordi
Gorges - Beaulieu
Emelin - Thrower
Ellis
Why not? if theyre ready.

NYR had a good young blue line with cheap contracts.

That way you can go on the UFA market with a lot of money (Richards)
or via trade (Nash) and still have cap space.

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 11:13 AM
  #22
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Should we realistically put Leblanc as a center?
Also, Holland is a RW not a C.
What does Dumont play with hamilton? Wing or C?

Man, just going down the C list makes me feel we're missing depth there. The Goalie depth is obviously lacking and the LW depth isn't very strong either. RW and D look relatively good.
I'd like to see Leblanc get a shot at C in the pros this season. Really, the only times he's ever played wing is in the WJC and last year. Even at Habs training camp a couple of seasons ago, the team moved a bunch of players to the wing, but kept Leblanc at C. Given our depth at RW and lack of right shooting C, it seems to me the potential benefits of him starting the 12-13 season at C outweigh the risks.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 11:15 AM
  #23
Paul Dipietro
Registered User
 
Paul Dipietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Didn't we reaquire Cedric Desjardins? He can't be worst than Delmas and Mayer.
It's already been established that he's old thus irrelevant

Paul Dipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:10 PM
  #24
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,133
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Leblanc doesn't have the vision to be a center at the NHL level, nor do I believe he has the elite puck handling abilities required.

He's much better along the boards and using his smarts to integrate himself into the play.

Eller is a natural center and if the team takes him out of there for long term, they are the biggest morons.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:17 PM
  #25
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Leblanc doesn't have the vision to be a center at the NHL level, nor do I believe he has the elite puck handling abilities required.

He's much better along the boards and using his smarts to integrate himself into the play.

Eller is a natural center and if the team takes him out of there for long term, they are the biggest morons.
I agree that Leblanc is not the greatest playmaker or puckhandler, but I don't think that necessarily precludes him from being an effective center. His skating and defensive smarts are an asset down the middle. I'm thinking of Dominic Moore as a possible comp.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.