HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Rick Nash to the Rangers

Old
07-23-2012, 07:50 PM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Cannot believe Blowman couldnt trump that trash with Blackhawk scraps.

I would have thrown in Saad to get a proven commodity like Nash.
C'mon dude Nash is overrated

committedindian86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:53 PM
MagicSlap*

Nash is a very good player, not overrated at all, he will be awesome on the Rangers.

That said, anything thinking the Bowman could've landed him is just being ridiculous.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Didn't read the thread, but I'm assuming it exists because people are like "OMG why didn't we trade for Nash? We NEEEEED someone like him!!!1! We could've given up Kruger, Frolik, Olesz and a 1st for him!!1!1!one!!!1!"

Rick Nash would've cost us roughly Bolland, a better version of Stalberg, Olsen, and a 1st. All things considered, that's not a bad package to give up for a guy of Nash's caliber... but then you consider that Nash is being paid 7.8 mil for the next 6 years and our center depth (something everyone seems to love complaining about) gets even weaker and Kruger (something everyone seems to love complaining about) becomes our 3rd line center.

A big no thanks from me. We don't need another winger for our top 6, especially one that's very overpaid. If it was someone like Mike Richards, I'd give heavy thought to it... not for Rick Nash though.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:58 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I had to laugh at everyone who was legitimately upset that Stan didn't do everything within his power to make sure Nash was brought to Chicago.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Hawks weren't on Nash's list and Nash said he wasn't modifying his list

He was never coming to Chicago even if Bowman would have tried

And you dont trade the face of your franchise in-division (Unless your Bob Murray/Bob Pulford and Bill Wirtz)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
C'mon dude Nash is overrated
Hardly.

Young, a proven player in the NHL? I will take that for this team every single day and give the cash needed to get Saad a cab to the airport.

Players like Nash dont grown on trees. Now, the trash the BJ's got for him.........

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Hardly.

Young, a proven player in the NHL? I will take that for this team every single day and give the cash needed to get Saad a cab to the airport.

Players like Nash dont grown on trees. Now, the trash the BJ's got for him.........
7.8M inconsistant/streaky wingers who float in defensive zone dont grow on trees your right

It takes a special player to be amongst the top paid in NHL and MIA majority the time

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
the package, clearly.

eta...i can't believe it took so long for this deal. CBJ should have been able to get the exact same thing at the trade deadline or draft.
Howson has been holding out for MUCH more but I think he finally realized he wouldn't get an entire play-off ready roster in return for Nash so he settled, just didn't expect him to settle this much.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:31 PM
ndgt10

Brutal trade for Cbus. You trade your franchise player and can't even get 1 of Kreider/McDonagh.

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:32 PM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
7.8M inconsistant/streaky wingers who float in defensive zone dont grow on trees your right

It takes a special player to be amongst the top paid in NHL and MIA majority the time
Just an awful analysis. Is Nash flawed? Yes.

Is he one of the best power forwards in the NHL? Yes.

You try working your ass off every single night when the entire other team's game plan is solely focused on shutting you down, oh yeah, and your team is garbage and going nowhere.

He will flourish with a good team.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

I think Nash has been overrated but Christ people on this board are ridiculous. He is a premier power forward in the NHL. He is big, strong, skilled, and has pretty good skating for someone his size. He is only 28 and has put up 30+ goals the last 5 years playing on a horrible team with no other talent on the roster.

Anyone who says they wouldn't have given up Saad for Nash should immediately get their head checked.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Anyone who says they wouldn't have given up Saad for Nash should immediately get their head checked.
It's the HF Blackhawks board, man. Posters on here wouldn't give up Saad for Crosby and Malkin each signed for ten years at league minimum.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:02 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
Brutal trade for Cbus. You trade your franchise player and can't even get 1 of Kreider/McDonagh.
you are crazy if you think they should or would have landed either of them.

the Rangers and the 4 other teams on Nash's list, had the BJ's by the balls....Columbus got an excellent return for a guy that all these teams knew wasnt going to return to Columbus and hand picked the teams he wanted to go with....any gm on that list that moved their top prospect to get Nash should be fired...

Dubinsky and Anisimov will outperform Nash this season, and Timmy E and that 2013 1st round pick could both turn into gems as well.....that 2013 pick is the key as the BJ's could use it to pick another player or use it in a package to move up and grab another stud kid in what many believe as the deepest and most highend draft since 2003.

I like Nash as a player and if paired up with talent like he will be in New York, he should do better then he has the past 2 plus seasons...but his contract is albatross, he is going to handicap that team in the future more so then helping it, and people on here over-value one individual player over a group of players way to freaken much. Its all about depth and not just highend players, the 2010 Hawks, 2011 Bruins, and 2012 Kings should have proven all of that by now....

Teams win on depth and not on individual players...the BJ's just picked up depth and bodies, and the Rangers are going to be relying a heck of a lot on Nash...kind of the way they did the same with Gomez prior..

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:11 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
you are crazy if you think they should or would have landed either of them.

the Rangers and the 4 other teams on Nash's list, had the BJ's by the balls....Columbus got an excellent return for a guy that all these teams knew wasnt going to return to Columbus and hand picked the teams he wanted to go with....any gm on that list that moved their top prospect to get Nash should be fired...

Dubinsky and Anisimov will outperform Nash this season, and Timmy E and that 2013 1st round pick could both turn into gems as well.....that 2013 pick is the key as the BJ's could use it to pick another player or use it in a package to move up and grab another stud kid in what many believe as the deepest and most highend draft since 2003.

I like Nash as a player and if paired up with talent like he will be in New York, he should do better then he has the past 2 plus seasons...but his contract is albatross, he is going to handicap that team in the future more so then helping it, and people on here over-value one individual player over a group of players way to freaken much. Its all about depth and not just highend players, the 2010 Hawks, 2011 Bruins, and 2012 Kings should have proven all of that by now....

Teams win on depth and not on individual players...the BJ's just picked up depth and bodies, and the Rangers are going to be relying a heck of a lot on Nash...kind of the way they did the same with Gomez prior..
Last year both of them playing on a better team didn't outperform Nash, not that Nash is on the more talented team and they aren't you suddenly expect that to change?

No Nash is going to outperform everyone he was traded for.

Teams win on talented depth, not just depth. You don't win fielding a bunch of third liners on your top 2 lines.

Old
07-24-2012, 12:12 AM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Look what he had to play with.

Nash is a proven superstar. To get a player such as that for chump change like Saad is a no brainer.

And another thing, why does anybody seriously care about a salary cap when, just this weekend, none of the Hawk players did and the general opinion was..."who cares? They can find a way to fix it if it means winning a Cup next year?".

I really think the players just want to win a Cup and can care less about a salary cap.

I mean, I did talk to them, and all at the convention..........

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:50 AM
Cullksinikers

Not a great return, however, it's great to get a disgruntled captain that lacks leadership out of a situation filled with distractions.

Cullksinikers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 07:04 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Being the man on a bad team means you're gifted all sorts of ice time, especially powerplay time, and you're the only real option on that team. That's no excuse for not producing. Kovalchuk did just fine in Atlanta on a terrible team. Nash's production and situation was more in line with David Booth and Stephen Weiss in Florida.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:30 AM
stingo

Central is looking weak except for the Blues.

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:44 AM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
Just an awful analysis. Is Nash flawed? Yes.

Is he one of the best power forwards in the NHL? Yes.

You try working your ass off every single night when the entire other team's game plan is solely focused on shutting you down, oh yeah, and your team is garbage and going nowhere.

He will flourish with a good team.
You can tell exactly who in this thead has actually watched the last ten years of Blackhawks hockey. I'd prefer Nikolai Zherdev to Rick Nash.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:38 AM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingo View Post
Central is looking weak except for the Blues.
Yeah our division took a serious nose dive this summer. I'd say St. Louis with their superior coaching will probably take the central pretty handily.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:43 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Last year both of them playing on a better team didn't outperform Nash, not that Nash is on the more talented team and they aren't you suddenly expect that to change?

No Nash is going to outperform everyone he was traded for.

Teams win on talented depth, not just depth. You don't win fielding a bunch of third liners on your top 2 lines.
last years stats

Anisimov and Dubinsky = 72 points

Nash = 59 points

not sure what your math suggests, but 72 is more then 59....

Dubinsky and Anisimov outperformed Nash last year and will again this year as well

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

vCash: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
Yeah our division took a serious nose dive this summer. I'd say St. Louis with their superior coaching will probably take the central pretty handily.
I'll be incredibly disappointed in the Hawks if they don't finish in the top 2 in the Central next year.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:52 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
If we finish 3rd in our own division, I doubt we make the playoffs, so yeah, that is a mush.

coldsteelonice84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:55 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
I'll be incredibly disappointed in the Hawks if they don't finish in the top 2 in the Central next year.
I think we're on the inside track for that, as St. Louis and Chicago have remained the same while Detroit, Nashville, and Columbus have all gotten worse.

If we don't finish at least 2nd in the Central, it'll be an utterly disappointing regular season, even if we still reach the playoffs.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

vCash: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
last years stats

Anisimov and Dubinsky = 72 points

Nash = 59 points

not sure what your math suggests, but 72 is more then 59....

Dubinsky and Anisimov outperformed Nash last year and will again this year as well
I can see Nash having a much better year in NY playing with much more talent around him than he ever played with in Columbus.

The Rangers have Gaborik, Richards, Stepan, Callahan in their top 6 to play with Nash.

As someone else already mentioned, you need talented depth to compete. Depth in itself doesn't cut it.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote