time to shuffle the deck

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2003, 01:33 PM
Don Cherry*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
it does make sense from a stylistic standpoint. but i guess since he doesn't fight or throw bodychecks on every single shift, he's not worthy of playing.
you bring up how great a guy like oliwa is in about 800 other threads (and by the way, he's about as useless as any hockey player i've seen in this league), so what, i can't reference what you said from post A to post B? that's rather shortsighted. tell me, what should the bruins do? should they get rid of axelsson, zinovjev and several others, and bring in more "deserving" players like doull and orr?
Please refer me to more than one post where I even mention Oliwa other than where I said something like "McCarthy isn't an enforcer, at least Oliwa knew his role". Show me one/any thread where i ever even mentioned Colton Orr because I never have.
I never said Zinovjev had to fight or throw checks, but it would be nice to at least be able to tell if he were breathing before we promote him to the first line.
I really wish you could come back with some sort of reasoning and be able to explain why Zinovjev deserves the first-line promotion rather than make the completely ridiculous Oliwa, Myhres, Doull, etc. comments when they clearly have nothing to do with the first line nor was anyone even discussing them.

Old
12-02-2003, 01:37 PM
Boston Bruno

Gospel

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
tell me, what should the bruins do? should they get rid of axelsson, zinovjev and several others, and bring in more "deserving" players like doull and orr?

Trade them for Georges..

He would be the ultimate Mike Knuble for the First line.. Lets make it a 730Lb line!

I think one of the sore spots the bruins have is Marty Lapointe again. Bergeron and Samsonov work - but give them someone who can actually shoot with some consistancy -

Get a shooter on that line - screw the mucker. 9-10 on the attack when bergeron and sammy are moving it its Lapointe who crashes and burns the attack. he doesnt have enough offensive moxy for those two.

Line 2 needs more finish, less pass.. Lapointe isnt dependable enough to shoot. You put a shooter on that line (like Palffy or Bondra) and they would generate huge.

Im not smackin on lapointe either, Im just saying that it may be time for the b's to look at an alternative..

Old
12-02-2003, 01:47 PM
Don Cherry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE WANT LARAQUE
Trade them for Georges..

He would be the ultimate Mike Knuble for the First line.. Lets make it a 730Lb line!

I think one of the sore spots the bruins have is Marty Lapointe again. Bergeron and Samsonov work - but give them someone who can actually shoot with some consistancy -

Get a shooter on that line - screw the mucker. 9-10 on the attack when bergeron and sammy are moving it its Lapointe who crashes and burns the attack. he doesnt have enough offensive moxy for those two.

Line 2 needs more finish, less pass.. Lapointe isnt dependable enough to shoot. You put a shooter on that line (like Palffy or Bondra) and they would generate huge.

Im not smackin on lapointe either, Im just saying that it may be time for the b's to look at an alternative..
Laraque on the Bruins would be great, but I doubt it would happen when we have a great "enforcer" (snicker) like Sandy McCarthy already.
I like a physical grinder like Lapointe with Bergeron and Samsonov. I'm not a fan of Palffy or Bondra, but the Pens just gave Martin Straka away for crap while O'c sat back and watched. There's a guy we could have used and he actually works hard which is a lot more than can be said for certain players that some would like to see on the first line.

Closed Thread