HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

2012 CBJ Offseason Part III (Proposals, Speculations, Blog Rumors, etc. go here)

Old
07-24-2012, 08:34 AM
GrimReeper

vCash: 500
Umberger-Brassard-Dubinsky
Prospal-Anisimov-Foligno
Dorsett-Johansen-Dmac
Atkinson-Letestu-Gillies

GrimReeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:40 AM
GrimReeper

Just for fun

Umberger-Brassard-Semin
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Ryan
Prospal-Johansen-Foligno
Dorse-Letestu-Atkinson

Old
07-24-2012, 08:58 AM
kingofpuck

Prospal-Brassard-Atkinson
Anisimov-Johansen-Umberger
Foligno-Dubinsky-Dorsett (ENERGY)
Gillies-Letestu-Mackenzie

Wisniewski-Johnson
Nikitin-Tyutin
Aucoin-Murray

Bobrovsky
Mason

kingofpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Howson should now try and get Ryan. He's got assets. All the guys he got today plus all of the other forwards and two low first round draft picks. Plus Erixon, Savard, Moore, Weber & Calvert.

Brass and Savard? Plus maybe our #2? Capn' think that works?
Watch him flip the NYR 1st, Anisimov, and Erixon for Ryan.

Essentially getting Ryan and Dubinsky for Nash....the fairy tale ending?

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 09:21 AM
BringBackLibertys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Watch him flip the NYR 1st, Anisimov, and Erixon for Ryan.

Essentially getting Ryan and Dubinsky for Nash....the fairy tale ending?
Sorry to inform you that the Rangers made the same offer that netted Nash to the Ducks and they said no (at least that was the speculation from the reporters that broke the Nash trade).

BringBackLibertys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 09:28 AM
BringBackLibertys

PS: I am not trolling, I love Dubi and was wondering how your lines would shape up. I am actually going to be pulling for CBJ now in the west, since I don't have a team out there, and you have 3 of the home grown NYR players.

On the NYR, a lot of success was had by using:

Dubi-AA-Callihan

so I would think

Dubi-AA-Umberger would be a great line for 2 way play AND scoring. What do you think? Can Umberger play both sides? I know he is listed as a Left Wing...

Old
07-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackLibertys View Post
Sorry to inform you that the Rangers made the same offer that netted Nash to the Ducks and they said no (at least that was the speculation from the reporters that broke the Nash trade).
Well thanks for ruining my day

I know, its a dream, but abusing the Ducks in a trade would be sweet revenge (Fedorov).

Old
07-24-2012, 09:35 AM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackLibertys View Post
PS: I am not trolling, I love Dubi and was wondering how your lines would shape up. I am actually going to be pulling for CBJ now in the west, since I don't have a team out there, and you have 3 of the home grown NYR players.

On the NYR, a lot of success was had by using:

Dubi-AA-Callihan

so I would think

Dubi-AA-Umberger would be a great line for 2 way play AND scoring. What do you think? Can Umberger play both sides? I know he is listed as a Left Wing...
Well it helps in my household that we all liked the Rangers (wife still wears her Richter jersey) since my kids love Nash, even named the dog Nash, and now we can at least catch him on VS (or whatever the hell its called now) 8-10 times a year.

I really hope he does well, would love to see him notch 40 goals a year. He's a quality individual and a class act, but don't expect him to lead in the traditional sense, or compete much in the trenches. His game is best in the open ice despite his size and strength suggesting otherwise.

Old
07-24-2012, 09:51 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Erixon is widely regarded as being NHL-ready. That would leave an NHL roster of Johnson, Nikitin, Tyutin, Wisniewski, Aucoin, Erixon, and one of Moore/Savard. Murray can thus go back to the WHL.

Of course, if there's any type of lockout, Erixon, Moore, and Savard can all play in the AHL while Murray can go back to the WHL.
I don't think there is a snowball's chance in heck that Murray plays in the WHL. Zero. Howson didn't pay Aucoin to tutor Erixon and Moore. He's there for Murray.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:01 AM
BringBackLibertys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Well it helps in my household that we all liked the Rangers (wife still wears her Richter jersey) since my kids love Nash, even named the dog Nash, and now we can at least catch him on VS (or whatever the hell its called now) 8-10 times a year.

I really hope he does well, would love to see him notch 40 goals a year. He's a quality individual and a class act, but don't expect him to lead in the traditional sense, or compete much in the trenches. His game is best in the open ice despite his size and strength suggesting otherwise.
Well thank gosh we don't need him to lead! We have quite a few leaders, if he just shows up, and plays hard, he will do fine here.

Old
07-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I don't think there is a snowball's chance in heck that Murray plays in the WHL. Zero. Howson didn't pay Aucoin to tutor Erixon and Moore. He's there for Murray.
Especially if nothing budges (i.e. trade of Moore or Erixon for a forward), I don't think Murray's spot on the squad is a given. I think he'll get his 9-game tryout, but if he doesn't show that he should definitely have the spot, I could see him heading back. And that's how it should be.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:12 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Wondering if Tyutin might be on the way out. We might end up actually having one of the most dynamic blue lines in the NHL in 2 or 3 years, even if we may not be able to stop the puck from going in the back of the net in our own end.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Wondering if Tyutin might be on the way out.
Tyutin has another one of the NTC's.

(Tyutin, Wiz, Prospal, Aucoin, RJ are the ones with one this year)

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:22 AM
EDM

Grimreaper, why would you put a little guy like Atkinson who has great scoring touch on the 4th line ? Makes no sense whatsoever.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Which seems crazier, paying Adrian Aucoin to be in the press box, or having Savard and Moore in the AHL while a guy four years younger gets prime NHL time to learn under Adrian Aucoin?

I get the feeling that, no matter what happens, certain people will immediately brand it "mismanagement" and then start wanting to picket the All-Star Game too.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:28 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Which seems crazier, paying Adrian Aucoin to be in the press box, or having Savard and Moore in the AHL while a guy four years younger gets prime NHL time to learn under Adrian Aucoin?

I get the feeling that, no matter what happens, certain people will immediately brand it "mismanagement" and then start wanting to picket the All-Star Game too.
We simply have to many pieces in too few places right now. And not enough in others. Despite what a couple of you have said, more moves have GOT to be made before training camp.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
We simply have to many pieces in too few places right now. And not enough in others. Despite what a couple of you have said, more moves have GOT to be made before training camp.
And if there's no training camp, or one that doesn't begin until November or later?

Of course, I've mentioned before that I'd love to snag a young forward from Winnipeg...nothing has changed.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:37 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Erixon strikes me more as the "backup plan" if Murray doesn't make the team.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

FORWARDS

Brandon Dubinsky ($4.200m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / R.J. Umberger ($4.600m) - RJ and Brass were showing good chemistry towards the end of last year. I suspect Dubi and RJ might go well together too. RJ's on the RW because we know he can play both, whereas Dubi is AFAIK an unknown on the right.
Nick Foligno ($3.083m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.875m) / Cam Atkinson ($0.875m) - Two big guys to go with the little guy. That and I think Foligno and Atkinson's hustle will go well together.
Vinny Prospal ($2.500m) / Ryan Johansen ($1.945m) / Mark Letestu ($0.625m) - Letestu and Prospal were both very effective all around, so I view this as a "start giving Johan *real* opportunities" line.
Colton Gillies ($0.625m) / Derek MacKenzie ($1.000m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m) - It's what we've got left. Makes for a killer defensive/checking line, IMO. Start 'em with RinTinTin and run a 1-3-1 with Gillies up front and Tyutin in back. (only half kidding)
Ryan Russell ($0.700m) / Jared Boll ($1.050m) - RRuss is Okay Depth for the checking line. Boll is... well... he's on the team... and he'll punch people...

DEFENSEMEN
Fedor Tyutin ($4.500m) / Nikita Nikitin ($2.150m) - I knew RinTinTin did very well. I didn't realize just *how* well until I saw some of the advanced stats. nhlnumbers is comparing them to Weber/Suter and McDonagh/Girardi. Seriously.
Jack Johnson ($4.357m) / James Wisniewski ($5.500m) - What everyone will think of as our first pairing. Given how they did together when they got here, I suspect they'll do very very well.
John Moore ($0.965m) / Tim Erixon ($1.750m)
Adrian Aucoin ($2.250m) /
- Aucoin isn't technically on the bench; I think folks are going to get rotated around as time and minutes allow. I have Moore and Erixon on here simply because I think they'd get the initial benefit of the doubt, but we'll see.

GOALTENDERS
Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)
Steve Mason ($2.900m)
- Do you need to ask?

BUYOUTS
Mike Commodore ($1.542m)

------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,575,476; BONUSES: $3,187,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $14,624,524

I can see it now. "Stars? We don't need no steenkin' stars."

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 11:02 AM
gojackets1
Someday.

14 mil in cap space. Jesus...

Umby-Brass-Atkinson
Anisimov-Johansen-Prospal
Foligno-Dubinsky-Dorsett (this line would be bad ass)
Gillies-Mackenzie-Letestu

Before anyone knocks me for putting Atkinson on the first line, the first two lines are definitely interchangable. We don't really have a first line, which is actually a pretty good thing in my opinion. Creates competition.

gojackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

FORWARDS

Brandon Dubinsky ($4.200m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / R.J. Umberger ($4.600m) - RJ and Brass were showing good chemistry towards the end of last year. I suspect Dubi and RJ might go well together too. RJ's on the RW because we know he can play both, whereas Dubi is AFAIK an unknown on the right.
Nick Foligno ($3.083m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.875m) / Cam Atkinson ($0.875m) - Two big guys to go with the little guy. That and I think Foligno and Atkinson's hustle will go well together.
Vinny Prospal ($2.500m) / Ryan Johansen ($1.945m) / Mark Letestu ($0.625m) - Letestu and Prospal were both very effective all around, so I view this as a "start giving Johan *real* opportunities" line.
Colton Gillies ($0.625m) / Derek MacKenzie ($1.000m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m) - It's what we've got left. Makes for a killer defensive/checking line, IMO. Start 'em with RinTinTin and run a 1-3-1 with Gillies up front and Tyutin in back. (only half kidding)
Ryan Russell ($0.700m) / Jared Boll ($1.050m) - RRuss is Okay Depth for the checking line. Boll is... well... he's on the team... and he'll punch people...

DEFENSEMEN
Fedor Tyutin ($4.500m) / Nikita Nikitin ($2.150m) - I knew RinTinTin did very well. I didn't realize just *how* well until I saw some of the advanced stats. nhlnumbers is comparing them to Weber/Suter and McDonagh/Girardi. Seriously.
Jack Johnson ($4.357m) / James Wisniewski ($5.500m) - What everyone will think of as our first pairing. Given how they did together when they got here, I suspect they'll do very very well.
John Moore ($0.965m) / Tim Erixon ($1.750m)
Adrian Aucoin ($2.250m) /
- Aucoin isn't technically on the bench; I think folks are going to get rotated around as time and minutes allow. I have Moore and Erixon on here simply because I think they'd get the initial benefit of the doubt, but we'll see.

GOALTENDERS
Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)
Steve Mason ($2.900m)
- Do you need to ask?

BUYOUTS
Mike Commodore ($1.542m)

------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,575,476; BONUSES: $3,187,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $14,624,524

I can see it now. "Stars? We don't need no steenkin' stars."
Viqsi you win. The best lineup we could put out there. I'm actually excited. That 2nd line could surprise a lot of people, serious speed and skill. RJ and Dubi HAVE to work well together, they're the same player

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 11:45 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
Tyutin has another one of the NTC's.

(Tyutin, Wiz, Prospal, Aucoin, RJ are the ones with one this year)
Yeah, pretty much ignoring NTC's.

Old
07-24-2012, 11:49 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Viqsi you win. The best lineup we could put out there. I'm actually excited. That 2nd line could surprise a lot of people, serious speed and skill. RJ and Dubi HAVE to work well together, they're the same player
The lineup I was playing with didn't even come close, on some respects, to what she was posting. We other than the second line is identical. Point being? Lot's of possibilities and I was looking at differently than she was. There isn't going to be "The best lineup".

Old
07-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
The lineup I was playing with didn't even come close, on some respects, to what she was posting. We other than the second line is identical. Point being? Lot's of possibilities and I was looking at differently than she was. There isn't going to be "The best lineup".
Well on paper that's what suits my eye. Obviously we aren't going to really know until it get out there and performs.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:03 PM
GrimReeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Grimreaper, why would you put a little guy like Atkinson who has great scoring touch on the 4th line ? Makes no sense whatsoever.
Majority of the league has gotten away from the 4th line being nothing but a goon line. It's a position where you can let your young players get 12 minutes of ice time and not be overwhelmed.

It's not top 6 or bust for skill players anymore.