*OFFICIAL* Oshawa Generals 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

vCash: 500
*OFFICIAL* Oshawa Generals 2012-13 Season Thread

2012-13 general Generals discussion can go here.

07-19-2012, 09:31 AM
seen em all

New staff New Team????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1987 View Post
2012-13 general Generals discussion can go here.
Now that the Gens have a new coach, new assistant coach, and new GM, let`s hope they can regroup and get it together,as everyone knows, last years group underachieved big time,I believe that with returning players the Gens can be a top contender in the East.

Go Gens Go

Old
07-22-2012, 02:44 PM
ExtremeHockeyFan

This will be a big year for Scott Laughton. Played well at Flyers' development camp - look for high numbers from him this season.

Michael Dal Colle is intriguing. He's got good size, and I figure he could have a year much like Brent Pedersen did with Kitchener.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:26 AM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan View Post
This will be a big year for Scott Laughton. Played well at Flyers' development camp - look for high numbers from him this season.

Michael Dal Colle is intriguing. He's got good size, and I figure he could have a year much like Brent Pedersen did with Kitchener.
I agree Laughton should have a breakout year, Jenner, Lessio also.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:59 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan View Post

No disrespect to Brent Pederson but Dal Colle is a much more skilled player. He's a little taller than Brent but a little lighter as well. Adding a little extra strength and weight should help him play against the older OHLers. But Michael will be a great part of Oshawa for years to come.

Old
07-24-2012, 11:56 AM
TuckerFan1

Michael Dal Colle Commits to Gennies!

http://www.oshawagenerals.com/articl...ts-to-generals

Cant wait to see what this kid brings to the team. Also is Thomas eligible to come back as an OA or is he likely gonna being playing in the AHL?

Old
07-27-2012, 09:32 AM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckerFan1 View Post
Michael Dal Colle Commits to Gennies!

http://www.oshawagenerals.com/articl...ts-to-generals

Cant wait to see what this kid brings to the team. Also is Thomas eligible to come back as an OA or is he likely gonna being playing in the AHL?
What`s happening with Biggs?

Old
07-27-2012, 12:43 PM
bidzey

did you guys hear anything about Jonathan Lavigne? I know he participated in a 2 day camp with the Generals, I don't really know him but he's from my home town. He played at the Gilmour Academy last year.

Last edited by bidzey: 07-27-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old
08-01-2012, 06:40 PM
TuckerFan1

http://www.oshawagenerals.com/articl...london-knights

Gennies traded Kevin Bailie to London for a 4th round pick in 2013. I assume Altshuller is gonna be starter this season, dont know much about Appleby but It seems he'll be the back up.

http://www.oshawagenerals.com/articl...-from-kingston

Gennies also trade 5th round pick in 2015 for Adam Lloyd (Kingston)

Old
08-05-2012, 07:53 AM
KL14

Signings

Any word on whether Owen McDade has been signed yet by the Generals ?

Old
08-07-2012, 10:11 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by seen em all View Post
What`s happening with Biggs?
95% he will join the Generals. 5% Marlies. The Leafs will look at him in training camp and than send him down as I dont think he is ready to play with the Marlies just yet. The Marlies have also signed a bunch of vets recently.

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 08-07-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old
08-08-2012, 12:10 PM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
95% he will join the Generals. 5% Marlies. The Leafs will look at him in training camp and than send him down as I dont think he is ready to play with the Marlies just yet. The Marlies have also signed a bunch of vets recently.
Well that`s great news for the Gennies, I hope your`e right.

Old
08-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
No disrespect to Brent Pederson but Dal Colle is a much more skilled player. He's a little taller than Brent but a little lighter as well. Adding a little extra strength and weight should help him play against the older OHLers. But Michael will be a great part of Oshawa for years to come.
MDC is a great kid and a great player. Watched him play for many years. Kid is a leader and has carried his GTHL team on his shoulders for years. He needs to toughen up some, then watch out.

Old
08-09-2012, 05:10 PM
big papa

Tyler Biggs signed his ELC with the leafs today. As a leaf fan i think a year in the OHL will help him alot and will be a great pick up if he does commit to Oshawa

Old
08-09-2012, 05:54 PM
defensehockey19

the hunters and Thowey have always had a good relationship and been trading partners.... That's my guess as too where he ends up. Although Thowey has never "won" any of those deals with London.....

Old
08-24-2012, 02:50 PM
TuckerFan1

A nice little article on Dal Colle
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...tml#more-13135

Also training camp opens on the 29th, I assume we'll start to get a better understanding of what the team will look like this season. Heres hoping Biggs has a good camp

Old
08-29-2012, 08:53 AM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by big papa View Post
Tyler Biggs signed his ELC with the leafs today. As a leaf fan i think a year in the OHL will help him alot and will be a great pick up if he does commit to Oshawa
It looks like Biggs is signed sealed and now to be delivered, Gens Camp opens up today with physicals and individual photos ect... teams actually hits the ice tommorow for intrasquad games at 10 am and then again at 3:45 pm,anxious to see the Team this season.
Go Gens Go

Old
09-04-2012, 11:36 AM
dirk

Update on the Gennies?

Been very quiet from the Gens camp...any updates on roster happenings? They do have an OA situation that needs to be addressed..

Old
09-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Been very quiet from the Gens camp...any updates on roster happenings? They do have an OA situation that needs to be addressed..
How has Biggs looked so far in camp?

Old
09-04-2012, 07:28 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Went to the game in Niagara.

Sabourin looked like he is going to bring a little extra bit this year.
Although there weren't many sure starters playing for both sides. Him and Cassels look like solid penalty killers. lots of energy

Goaltending was pretty shakey, but they are just getting their feet wet. I hope to see Biggs in some exhibition action soon.

Old
09-05-2012, 01:48 PM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Gens Camp has been anything but quiet, Biggs looks good, good skill, man strenth, very strong along boards, cycles well, but I think he should be dominating, but has not been yet,I like the Dennis kid, Alonzi is pushing really hard for a job, I think it is him or Hughes, as for the OA's Petgrave has impressed, but I think Schemitch needs to step it up or he could be out, Clark looks slow and disinterested, Lobardo is having a hard time finding the back of the net, he had 5 excellent opportunities in 2 Red & White games and has struggled, Sabourin has put on a good 20 lbs. and has improved in every aspect of his game, in my opinion should be the Gens 3rd OA. Goaltending should be solid with Alshuller and Appleby,but Appleby by needs to play in order to get better, he really started camp on fire in the 1st few sessions but then seemed to struggle, I found the he was a little too deep in the net on a lot of shots.On defence Hamilton showed he is not going to back down from anyone by getting into 3 scraps in Camp and then another no show fight with Bennet from Niagara (both players ended up in a hug fest) but I like the kid not sure if he'll be on the final roster but he does have balls.

Old
09-05-2012, 02:12 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by seen em all View Post

Gens Camp has been anything but quiet, Biggs looks good, good skill, man strenth, very strong along boards, cycles well, but I think he should be dominating, but has not been yet,I like the Dennis kid, Alonzi is pushing really hard for a job, I think it is him or Hughes, as for the OA's Petgrave has impressed, but I think Schemitch needs to step it up or he could be out, Clark looks slow and disinterested, Lobardo is having a hard time finding the back of the net, he had 5 excellent opportunities in 2 Red & White games and has struggled, Sabourin has put on a good 20 lbs. and has improved in every aspect of his game, in my opinion should be the Gens 3rd OA. Goaltending should be solid with Alshuller and Appleby,but Appleby by needs to play in order to get better, he really started camp on fire in the 1st few sessions but then seemed to struggle, I found the he was a little too deep in the net on a lot of shots.On defence Hamilton showed he is not going to back down from anyone by getting into 3 scraps in Camp and then another no show fight with Bennet from Niagara (both players ended up in a hug fest) but I like the kid not sure if he'll be on the final roster but he does have balls.
How has Petschenig looked?

Old
09-05-2012, 03:37 PM
defensehockey19

How's McDade? Still around?

Old
09-05-2012, 03:55 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
How's McDade? Still around?
McDade played for Pembroke on Sunday.

Old
09-06-2012, 06:39 AM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
How has Petschenig looked?
Petschenig looks really good, he has been extremely physical, 1st pass, is tape to tape, he seldom get`s caught out of position, it`s amazing how 1 year of Tier 2 can help a player develope, Petschening is playing with total confidence,something the he was lacking at last years Camp. I see him being a 4th or 5 defence on the depht chart, with a great chance to move up as the season goes on.

Closed Thread