HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Delisle?

Old
07-24-2012, 03:48 AM
coolbean04

vCash: 500
Delisle?

What kind of prospect is Delisle? Is he some AHL filler or does he have potential upside?

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 03:50 AM
Blueshirt Believer

pretty much crap, weakest prospect in blue jackets weak prospect pool. He was basically a player dump.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 04:21 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
pretty much crap, weakest prospect in blue jackets weak prospect pool. He was basically a player dump.
When we "lost" Erixon we needed some AHL depth, ESP as Big Mac is out for a while
Logical move
Funny, my Dad ( former NHL scout) and brother (SEL GM) both argued the other day if Erixon had the goods to make it in the future in the NHL. They were undecidedly not in agreement. Interesting discussion though...
CT d looks like this now:

Redden
Parlett
Versace
Collins
Delisle
Pyett
McIllraith (inj)
Niemi echl?

Big changes from last year.
We need a scoring replacement for Wellman still...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 04:32 AM
Osminator

Contract dump, avg. ECHLer. Yay.

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:23 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Well we did get Rick Nash, I don't think we would be so lucky as to get a McDonagh-type as a throw in for a second time. Lol.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:26 AM
darko

There was talk that Jackets would've been over the limit (contracts) and had to send someone our way. That might be the reason Delisle was included.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Big kid with below average mobility, but he makes up for it with very good positioning and solid stick work. He reads the play very well. If his feet could catch up to his head, he might be a bottom-pairing guy someday. He lost most of his first year to an injury, so we'll see how he goes.

Hartford's D took a pretty big hit with this deal. Hopefully Parlett can rebound from a poor season. Still have hope that he can be a reliable call-up.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 09:46 AM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/steven_delisle/

a warm big body

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 01:09 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
When we "lost" Erixon we needed some AHL depth, ESP as Big Mac is out for a while
Logical move
Funny, my Dad ( former NHL scout) and brother (SEL GM) both argued the other day if Erixon had the goods to make it in the future in the NHL. They were undecidedly not in agreement. Interesting discussion though...
CT d looks like this now:

Redden
Parlett
Versace
Collins
Delisle
Pyett
McIllraith (inj)
Niemi echl?

Big changes from last year.
We need a scoring replacement for Wellman still...
that... doesn't look very promising...

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 01:36 PM
BKBlackRanger
My Glove******Instagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
that... doesn't look very promising...
The the guys we drafted the past two years should help if they keep developing, but this year we might see how good Talbot is if he has resigned.

BKBlackRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 02:36 PM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

I'll admit that when I saw the name, the first thought that came to mind was "Who?" and I'm a CBJ fan. He was WAY down on the depth chart.

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 06:38 PM
YoungD4

imagine if we signed Schultz

YoungD4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 06:50 PM
MoeBartoli
Chex-to-Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgirl View Post
I'll admit that when I saw the name, the first thought that came to mind was "Who?" and I'm a CBJ fan. He was WAY down on the depth chart.
Same here...and I still say "who"....actually makes it the best part of the trade as I can't miss someone I never knew.

MoeBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 07:24 PM
district9

injury issues, marginal player. average junior player, good in the ECHL but that doesn't mean too much. wouldn't ever expect him to play in the NHL.

district9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 07:35 PM
GAGLine

If there are compliance buyouts in the new CBA, Redden will be gone. If the players are locked out and it drags into October, will Redden still play in Hartford? Would the Rangers allow it? Would the league? I can't see it happening. It's quite possible Redden has played his last game for Hartford.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
If there are compliance buyouts in the new CBA, Redden will be gone. If the players are locked out and it drags into October, will Redden still play in Hartford? Would the Rangers allow it? Would the league? I can't see it happening. It's quite possible Redden has played his last game for Hartford.
If there's a lockout, Redden isn't allowed to play in the AHL, since he has a one way contract (there's no way to send him through waivers if there's a lockout). On the other hand, if there is a lockout, it will be easy to find defensemen who are allowed to play in the AHL (Bell for example) so I'm sure they can find a way to improve the blue line down there.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 11:40 PM
district9

wouldn't his one way contract keep him in the AHL though? if i'm sather, i don't use that buyout on redden. redden's making a lot of money but most everyone in the organization agrees that he's very valuable in CT and god knows the dolans have the money. i'd try to save it for one of these guys who we might REALLY need it for one day.

district9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 12:01 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
wouldn't his one way contract keep him in the AHL though? if i'm sather, i don't use that buyout on redden. redden's making a lot of money but most everyone in the organization agrees that he's very valuable in CT and god knows the dolans have the money. i'd try to save it for one of these guys who we might REALLY need it for one day.
Only reason to is if AHL salary (or a portion of it) counts against the cap in the new CBA. Which is rumored.

07-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
Redden is currently on the Rangers' roster, his salary counts against the (summer) cap. The only way he can play in Hartford is if he sent through waivers once training camp starts. That's why he can't play in Hartford if there is a lockout.

After the lockout in 2004-5, teams had the opportunity to buyout players--but there was a very short window (a couple of weeks if I remember correctly). I see no reason why it would be any different this time, if allowed at all.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote