HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Getzlaf to Calgary

Old
07-23-2012, 07:58 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirouxFlamesFan View Post
Its too late to acquire a firsg line centre IMO, yes Iggy is still chugging but if we get one the window will be small. Plus I wouldnt give what the ducks are asking for him, yes he had one bad season but again I dont want a first line centre.
I agree with this, Iginla is still a great player but the window for a cup win built around Iginla is over he is now going to be just a piece of this team we need to think about 2-3 years from now when it is the rookies team.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:52 PM
gtwyc
L.A. Kings Fan

vCash: 500
hes a Saskatchewan boy

gtwyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Deen

vCash: 29000
Should of drafted him when Calgary had the chance. He played for the Hitmen and you could tell he was a big powerful gamer. I was chocked the Flames didn't grab him.

Deen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:57 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
When are flames fans going to realize that they just dont have the assets to land big players like Getz, Seguin, Couturier etc.
So what you're saying is even if the Flames offered Baertschi, Giordano, Gaudreau, + 1st no team would be interested? Get your head out of your @$$!

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Virtanen2Horvat
BoHorvat53

vCash: 647
Getzlaf will probably stay in Anaheim.

Virtanen2Horvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
So what you're saying is even if the Flames offered Baertschi, Giordano, Gaudreau, + 1st no team would be interested? Get your head out of your @$$!
Team needs my man, team needs.

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 10:04 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
Should of drafted him when Calgary had the chance. He played for the Hitmen and you could tell he was a big powerful gamer. I was chocked the Flames didn't grab him.
We took Phaneuf instead.

To be fair, at that time he had franchise d-man written all over him.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Cawz

Getzlaf and Iginla should just sign together somewhere next year, similar to what Suter and Parise did.

Cawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 06:03 AM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawz View Post
Getzlaf and Iginla should just sign together somewhere next year, similar to what Suter and Parise did.
Can't wait to see Iginla in a Ducks jersey next season

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:01 AM
tony d
ATD 2015

It would take Michael Backlund, Sven Bartschi, Mark Giodarno and a 1st rounder to get Ryan Getzlaf to Calgary IMO.

07-24-2012, 01:01 PM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfan8 View Post
Getz is our only quality center. We don't even have a real number 2 center. Who is going to be our number 1 and 2 center if we deal Getzlaf? 3 team trade would be a must if Calgary wants him before he hits FA.
I've asked this in another thread and didn't get a response so I'll ask here because it kind of fits. I know based on all the threads/posts I've seen, Ducks fans don't seem to think it will be an issue re-signing Perry and Getzlaf before they could walk as UFAs. I would think right now, both sides would have the priority of getting those guys locked up to long term deals where you can add on the years at the end to drag down the cap hit before a new CBA could eliminate that. Has anything been reported about talks for extensions on those two?

But then I also see posts like this that point out the team has some major question marks that I think would concern Perry and Getzlaf. Several Ducks posters have pointed out the team doesn't have a real number two center, you've got Selanne that's near the end of his career and I wouldn't be sure if Koivu sticks around if Selanne retires. That's going to create some holes. I think it's obvious Ryan is frustrated with Ducks management about all the trade rumors but that's something that probably can be worked out. The Ducks have some great forward prospects but they're not totally proven yet. On defense they've got some guys that make good 2, 3, 4th defensemen types but I wouldn't say they've got that big physical can play 25+ minutes a night true number 1 defenseman. Plus, and I think this could be the biggest factor for Getzlaf and Perry, ownership either can't/isn't willing to spend near the cap. Granted, that could change depending on where the new CBA sets the cap. If the cap isn't changed all that dramatically and the Ducks are spending about $10 mil below the ceiling, that's going to hurt their ability to build a team with the depth needed to go deep in the playoffs.

I'd also put Anaheim in the same boat that LA and SJ are in when it comes to attracting free agents. They've all been able to attract depth pieces (guys like Lydman and Mitchell) but it's hard to get the top big name free agent types to give California a try. For the Ducks, Sharks, and Kings, they've got to build through the draft or trade because assuming that top tier free agents are going to sign here isn't the best assumption to make. I think players when they end up here, most of them love it, but convincing them to make the big move is difficult. I could see Getzlaf and Perry being worried about the teams ability to attract players in the future. Are they going to be able to fill holes with free agents if necessary?

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaluvsthekings View Post
I've asked this in another thread and didn't get a response so I'll ask here because it kind of fits. I know based on all the threads/posts I've seen, Ducks fans don't seem to think it will be an issue re-signing Perry and Getzlaf before they could walk as UFAs. I would think right now, both sides would have the priority of getting those guys locked up to long term deals where you can add on the years at the end to drag down the cap hit before a new CBA could eliminate that. Has anything been reported about talks for extensions on those two?

But then I also see posts like this that point out the team has some major question marks that I think would concern Perry and Getzlaf. Several Ducks posters have pointed out the team doesn't have a real number two center, you've got Selanne that's near the end of his career and I wouldn't be sure if Koivu sticks around if Selanne retires. That's going to create some holes. I think it's obvious Ryan is frustrated with Ducks management about all the trade rumors but that's something that probably can be worked out. The Ducks have some great forward prospects but they're not totally proven yet. On defense they've got some guys that make good 2, 3, 4th defensemen types but I wouldn't say they've got that big physical can play 25+ minutes a night true number 1 defenseman. Plus, and I think this could be the biggest factor for Getzlaf and Perry, ownership either can't/isn't willing to spend near the cap. Granted, that could change depending on where the new CBA sets the cap. If the cap isn't changed all that dramatically and the Ducks are spending about $10 mil below the ceiling, that's going to hurt their ability to build a team with the depth needed to go deep in the playoffs.
Our GM doesn't care for the long term deals, and it sounds like he's waiting on the new CBA before he'll sign the twins. We've only had preliminary talks at this point.

Koivu was willing to sign whether Teemu came back for another year or not. He said that wants to play in the Sochi games, and he said he'd be content playing here even in a third line role. I don't think there's any issue there.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote