HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose Bryz Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
07-18-2012, 04:18 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

vCash: 500
Great interview.

Old
07-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
Asked about having what he described as his worst season:

""I would like to clarify — the most "mixed" season. I did have stretches where I had shutouts, when I was showing the stats like in Phoenix, when everyone praised me. Philadelphia made it to the second round of the Stanley Cup… You can find the positives. But my personal rating is that I am not happy with the season.

"I would like to thank fans who fairly criticized me. I got to know the Philadelphia media. This is an invaluable experience that will certainly help me. But I cannot say that I have 'sport rage' now and the next season I will show who the real Bryzgalov is! I set certain goals for myself and I will work to reach them. Otherwise you can do so much bad if you're filled with emotions.""

That makes it sound like he knows what to expect from the media and fans in Philly this coming year. Good. Hopefully he can keep everything zen and just focus on stopping pucks.
This, please. I know it will not be easy, but I think last season was a rude awakening for him.

Old
07-18-2012, 06:22 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Asked about having what he described as his worst season:

""I would like to clarify — the most "mixed" season. I did have stretches where I had shutouts, when I was showing the stats like in Phoenix, when everyone praised me. Philadelphia made it to the second round of the Stanley Cup… You can find the positives. But my personal rating is that I am not happy with the season.

"I would like to thank fans who fairly criticized me. I got to know the Philadelphia media. This is an invaluable experience that will certainly help me. But I cannot say that I have 'sport rage' now and the next season I will show who the real Bryzgalov is! I set certain goals for myself and I will work to reach them. Otherwise you can do so much bad if you're filled with emotions.""

That makes it sound like he knows what to expect from the media and fans in Philly this coming year. Good. Hopefully he can keep everything zen and just focus on stopping pucks.
So there were fans that fairly criticized him.....hmm interesting. Glad Bryz is able to distinguish between constructive criticism and fad hate...

Old
07-18-2012, 06:24 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
This, please. I know it will not be easy, but I think last season was a rude awakening for him.
Obviously it was and its good to hear that he accepts his responsibility in the mediocre year he had.....but plenty of apologists still insist on deflecting...

Old
07-18-2012, 06:25 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

i can't help it. he's awesome and were lucky to have him locked up for 8 more years. we have other holes to fill though. some are the holes in the front of some "fans" faces.

Old
07-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
i can't help it. he's awesome and were lucky to have him locked up for 8 more years. we have other holes to fill though. some are the holes in the front of some "fans" faces.
Go find out how many 35+ goaltenders are worth 5.6 million dollars. We are not lucky to have him for 8 years.

07-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Go find out how many 35+ goaltenders are worth 5.6 million dollars. We are not lucky to have him for 8 years.
esp. if he suks in years 2 and 3..

LOL, thats a scenario i'd hate to see going forward..

Old
07-18-2012, 08:14 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
He's gonna change the face of goaltending history. he's gonna make his own rules.......then break em.

Old
07-19-2012, 08:17 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Couturier View Post
No. I've googled around, but I can't find any references to him being overweight/out of shape last season.
yea, me neither .... that unfounded 'claim' would really make zero sense, anyway ... whatever weight he was, he was the #1 star for the last full month of the regular season.

that claim comes off as trying to pile on Bryzgalov, who was one of the very few Flyers who did his job vs NJ in the playoffs - and that was when he was gonna be judged. Do i want a more consistent / better season this year from him? yes, obviously.

but he was last on the list of reasons why we lost to NJ in the playoffs.

Old
07-24-2012, 04:01 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

No Weber means Bryz can not afford to be garbage the majority of the year.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:42 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
No Weber means Bryz can not afford to be garbage the majority of the year.
so you acknowledge our defense was a problem last year. it would've been nice to see pekke rinne without him. regardless of who's here besides bryz needing to play better our team needs to change its attitude towards defending our zone. we don't need to breakout with awkward passes on every possession below our blue line. matt carla is addition by subtraction tho.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Defense was a weak spot, but Bryz was still flat out awful for a long time regardless. It doesn't matter how good or bad your D is if your goalie can't track the puck or is letting in a stream of weak goals.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:46 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Defense was a weak spot, but Bryz was still flat out awful for a long time regardless. It doesn't matter how good or bad your D is if your goalie can't track the puck or is letting in a stream of weak goals.
he was a product of the disaster not the cause. you know so much then you know how ALL goalies are mental and confidence is key. you saw fleury breakdown with zero confidence. happens to em all. we disagree. relax.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
He's going to have to be tremendous for us to win. There's no question about that.

I pray to all that is holy that Schenn has a better time in our system than he did in Ron Wilson's, because if he doesn't rebound in a big way, we're in big, big trouble. Even moreso if Timmonen and/or Mezsaros have injury issues.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
he was a product of the disaster not the cause. you know so much then you know how ALL goalies are mental and confidence is key. you saw fleury breakdown with zero confidence. happens to em all. we disagree. relax.
No, he wasn't a product of the defense. He was a product of his own awful play. With the way he was performing, having prime Timonen, Howe, and Pronger on the ice wouldn't have prevented goals, he was just sloppy and lacked focus. He flat out has to be better.

For the last 2 years Fleury has been prone to 1-2 month periods of flat-out suckage. He does it regardless of what his team is doing. Bryz did the same thing. In both cases it's on the goalie for just being terrible.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:52 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
He's going to have to be tremendous for us to win. There's no question about that.

I pray to all that is holy that Schenn has a better time in our system than he did in Ron Wilson's, because if he doesn't rebound in a big way, we're in big, big trouble. Even moreso if Timmonen and/or Mezsaros have injury issues.
there's no pretending. were in a transition/rebuild here. when we went young we did it all the way except in goal. there banking bryz gets better with age like thomas and roloson. besides injuries, its all about playoff match ups because i don't see us changing our run and gun to the finals mentality.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:56 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
No, he wasn't a product of the defense. He was a product of his own awful play. With the way he was performing, having prime Timonen, Howe, and Pronger on the ice wouldn't have prevented goals, he was just sloppy and lacked focus. He flat out has to be better.

For the last 2 years Fleury has been prone to 1-2 month periods of flat-out suckage. He does it regardless of what his team is doing. Bryz did the same thing. In both cases it's on the goalie for just being terrible.
dude. just stop. please. your right. your goalie sucks. were doomed.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
were doomed.
Only if October-Feb Bryz shows up for extended periods again. All I ask for is solid, reliable goaltending.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Only if October-Feb Bryz shows up for extended periods again. All I ask for is solid, reliable goaltending.
We can win if we get March Bryz, we'll definitely lose if we get October - December Bryz and we're a first or 2nd round playoff loss with any other month. Great.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:07 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
but you can't have that if we don't play a certain way in front. thats the rub. and thats when we get in to this this goal was weak that one wasn't b.s. both goalies sucked last year for a reason. it took bryz just losing his mind and ceasing to give a crap anymore for him to pull out of the rut. he received no help from that defense. he is good. i just wonder if they acknowledge that intensity needs to be high at both ends. you can't deny were geared towards cheating down one end of the ice sometimes being mentally two plays ahead while being physically two plays behind

Old
07-24-2012, 07:21 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

I found this on the NHL meme facebook page, thought someone might enjoy it (not mine)

Old
07-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Viller

Quote:
He wont play the duration of the contract, common now.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:04 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnov View Post
Ilya Bryzgalov on CBA salary rollbacks, Claude Giroux’s fear of Russia and the Universe

Chesnokov of Puck Daddy intervievs Bryzgalov, good stuff and well worth a read.
Late to the party, but one of the funniest interviews I've read in a long time.

Your participation in HBO's series showing the inner workings of the Flyers was a discussion amongst all fans. In America your words about Belka and Strelka being the first in space are still the talk.

"I was just talking about something that interests me. And now I read Twitter and people write only two types of messages to me — about space and the white bear that I noticed in the stands in Pittsburgh."

Do your children ask you what the Universe is made of?
"They are very interested in it. They watch programs about history and nature. And Vladik [Bryzgalov's son] recently asked what black holes are made of. I told him. Now, my six-year-old son draws them and tells that they have a very strong gravitation. My kids also know all planets of the solar system."

Old
07-24-2012, 08:24 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
so you acknowledge our defense was a problem last year. it would've been nice to see pekke rinne without him. regardless of who's here besides bryz needing to play better our team needs to change its attitude towards defending our zone. we don't need to breakout with awkward passes on every possession below our blue line. matt carla is addition by subtraction tho.
I never said the D wasn't a problem.

Its just funny how Bryz played like a maniac in March with the exact same D in front of him.

I would say our troubles last year were 75% Bryz, 24% D and 1% anal seepage.

Old
07-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Back to more Bryz discussion?

Haha, we really need some positive off-season news.

Closed Thread