HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Organization Report

Old
07-22-2012, 06:44 PM
medhatcanuck

vCash: 500

1) Starting Line-up
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - _______
Higgins - Maholtra - Higgins
Raymond - Lapierre - Kassian

However, there is hopefully going to be major changes in the 2nd and 4th lines.

Bieksa - Hamhuis
Edler - Garrison
Ballard-Tanev

Schneider
Luongo

Top Call-ups
Eddie Lack, G
Kevin Connaughton, D
Nicholas Jensen, F
Jordan Schroeder, C
Bill Sweatt, F
Yann Sauve, D

2) Description
Henrik Sedin: Passing Extraordinaire. Henrik is mysterious if anything. He has scored a 30 goal season where he looked like an unstoppable train when his brother Daniel was gone to injury. Ever since that hot streak, it looks as if Henrik is scared of taking control of games or scoring goals. Although more physical then the public perception of his play, he doesn't make big hits or scare anyone with his physicality. His major strength is his insane possession game with his brother. Armed with legitimate secondary scoring, the Sedins would be unstoppable.

Alex Burrows. The real behind the scenes cog for the canucks. You could argue at times he is the most important player on our team. His greatest asset is adding chemistry to his lines. Whether that is 5-on-5 with the Sedins or PKing with Ryan Kesler, Alex Burrows seems to make himself invaluable. He is a workhorse who will do whatever it takes to win. He has recently cleaned up his game from his prior "dirty" and "unsportsmanlike" game and is quite the package now. What would make him even better would be consistent goalscoring and finally hitting a 40-50 goal season.

Alex Edler. Edler has shown flashes of greatness with the right defensive partner. He has made game changing hits, scored timely goals, and made great passes and rushes. In the last playoff, we saw his lapse, he plays well only if the team is playing well and will not be the guy to correct the course of a sinking ship. However, given his weakness, he is possible the best all around D.

3) Wants
a) RW Powerforward- 2nd Line
b) C- 2nd/3rd Line
c) Any Powerforward at any forward position

4) Surplus
a) None

Trade Bait
a) Roberto Luongo
b) Keith Ballard
c) Mason Raymond
d) Prospects and Picks

5) Prospects
1. Nicholas Jensen, FWD, This season-1 year
Our top offensive prospect. This kid has size, scoring, and speed. He will not be returning to junior and will be playing pro either in Vancouver, Chicago, or Europe. The most promising offensive Canucks offensive prospect in a while.

2. Kevin Connauton, DEF, This season-1 year
6'1 defenceman. He looks like GSP with more muscle and has a cannon of a slapshot. At one point in time he was leading the AHL defencemen in scoring. He played junior with the Vancouver Giants and has spent the last 2 years in the AHL. He is an offensive defencemen who has played with Canucks' Chris Tanev and would be a perfect pair for Tanev.

6) Strengths
a) The team does not need major tinkering, the core is here, and there is rising talent ready to step in. The defence, goaltending, 1st and shutdown lines are both good to go.

7) Weaknesses
a) Management recognizes the lack of size and secondary scoring within or 2nd and 3rd lines. Kesler, Kassian, Booth are the only sure-things for those two lines. Leaving Raymond, Lapierre, Jensen, Schroeder, and trades to fill in the rest.

8) Draft Picks
2013:
2014:

9) Cap Situation
With a 22 man roster, Vancouver has 3 million in cap space. Once Luongo has been moved and Eddie Lack signed, the team will have closer to 7.3 million, and furthermore, if Ballard was replaced by Connauton, canucks would have 10.3 million to upgrade their offense.

10) Season Projection
1st-3rd in Western Conference

medhatcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 06:46 PM
medhatcanuck

Damnit, i wish I could edit it. Hansen is on the 3rd line. Not 2 higgins.

Also, no idea how to insert canucks picture. Does OP have the power to remove posts or edit them?

medhatcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 07:15 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
Damnit, i wish I could edit it. Hansen is on the 3rd line. Not 2 higgins.

Also, no idea how to insert canucks picture. Does OP have the power to remove posts or edit them?
You can edit it yourself... Bottom right corner, click edit.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 07:23 PM
zeus3007*

Interesting idea...but I don't have time for this, lol.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Machinae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Personally I don't think JVR will play any center during the regular season. They will try him at practice and during the preseason, I think it will fail miserably and they move on to someone else (probably falling back on Bozak again) for opening day.
This is exactly how it's going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Carlyle wanting to try JvR at centre means he's going to be at centre, likely for the opening day roster. I think it's a stupid idea, but I'm not going to ignore it, because I want to be "as accurate as possible." Predicting scratches is a complete *hitshow; it's kind of retarded to call me on Tim Connolly. I think the guys listed are more capable than he is. Whatever. The defense pairings are all pairings we've seen either in full or part time capacity. They're also difficult to predict because Carlyle hasn't finalized them yet. Everything I listed has basis.
Connolly played fine for the Leafs. You're proposing a legitimate 2nd line player, with defensive capabilities that allow him to also play on a checking line, be scratched for a relative unknown. That is some false advertisement.

I don't think I've ever seen Liles/Gardiner together and if I have I must have suppressed that memory out of sheer horror of what I saw.

Machinae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Dekar

1) Starting Line-up

Forward Lines
Gionta - Plekanec - Bourque
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Moen - Eller - Armstrong
Prust - Nokelainen - White

Defensive Pairings
Subban - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Bouillon - Diaz

Goaltenders
Price
Budaj

Scratches
Gomez
Kaberle
Weber

Top Call-ups
Louis Leblanc, C
Aaron Palushaj, RW
Brendan Gallagher, RW
Mike Blunden, RW
Blake Geoffrion, C
Frederic St-Denis, D

2) Description
Tomas Plekanec
Top line centre, one of the best two-way centres in the league, plays in all situations, is a mainstay on the penalty kill, can put up respectable points with just about anyone on his wings.

Max Pacioretty
Had a breakout season last year as a top 6 goal-scoring winger, lots of size, great shot, great chemistry with his centreman, David Desharnais.

P.K. Subban
Young, top pairing defenseman who logs heavy minutes, large offensive potential, booming shot, good hitter, not afraid to drop the gloves, world-class agitator.

Carey Price
All-star goaltender who will be backstopping the franchise into the future, mentally unshakeable, sound positional goaltender, not afraid to play with an edge.

3) Wants
a) Top 6 winger
b) Top line centre
c) Large, physical top 4 defenceman

4) Surplus
a) Offensive defencemen
b) Fringe-NHL prospects and players

Trade Bait
a) Yannick Weber
b) Tomas Kaberle
c) Scott Gomez

5) Prospects
1. Alex Galchenyuk, C, 2013-2015
Large, highly-skilled centreman with elite top-line potential

2. Nathan Beaulieu, D, 2013-2014
Talented offensive defenceman, capable of scoring and running a powerplay.

3. Jarred Tinordi, D, 2012-2014
Huge, physical, shutdown defenceman, top 4 potential.

6) Strengths
a) Penalty kill
b) Powerplay (potentially, if Markov shows any glimmer of former self)
c) Goaltending

7) Weaknesses
a) Size on defense
b) Transition game
c) Powerplay (as it stands)

8) Draft Picks
1st (own)
2nd (own)
2nd (via Calgary)
2nd (via Nashville)
3rd (own)
(4th goes to NY Islanders)
5th (own)
6th (own)
7th (own)

1st (own)
2nd (own)
3rd (own)
4th (own)
5th (own)
6th (own)
7th (own)

9) Cap Situation
Approximately 6.9 million in cap space with only PK Subban, who will likely command somewhere between 4-6 million.

10) Season Projection
While many indications show that last season was an anomaly due to injuries and some bad coaching/team management, there is no guarantee that history could not repeat. Many thought Gomez couldn't have a worse season than 2010-2011, for example, but he found a way. I think the Habs could finish almost anywhere in the conference, from division leader to battling the cream of the crap for the basement. If I were to make an honest projection, I'd say in the 5th to 11th range. middle of the pack, so to speak. It's rarely as good as it can get, and much easier worse than it should be (as last season showed), so I'll say we'll occupy the last playoff spot.

Last edited by Dekar: 07-23-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 11:22 PM
eskies4life

Someone make a Oilers one

eskies4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 11:29 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

:
1) Starting Line-up
Jamie McGinn - Paul Stastny - David Jones
Gabriel Landeskog - Ryan O'Reilly - Steve Downie
PA Parenteau - Matt Duchene - Milan Hejduk
Cody McLeod - John Mitchell - Chuck Kobasew

Scratch: Mark Olver
*All three top lines play equal minutes*

Greg Zanon - Erik Johnson
Ryan O'Byrne - Jan Hejda
Matt Hunwick - Ryan Wilson

Scratch: Shane O'Brien

Semyon Varlamov
Jean-Sebastien Giguere

Likely call-ups F: Brad Malone, David Van Der Gulik, Michael Sgarbossa
Likely call-ups D: Tyson Barrie, Stefan Elliott, Cameron Gaunce
Likely call-ups G: Unknown at this point

2) Description
I will do three fowards, one defenseman, and one goaler.

Gabriel Landeskog: Burst into last season with above-average play, but got better as the season went along. Absolutely dominated physically and never gave up on a puck. Scored huge goals and played just like a veteran to get him into the discussion and winning the Calder trophy.

Ryan O'Reilly: Before the season, majority of Avs fans were happy with Ryan's third line play, but right at the start of the first faceoff, he showed decided to show up and finished the season with MVP of our team award. Another character player, he never gives up on a puck or the play. Always backchecking, trying to improve himself. I would like to see him remain consistently into next season offensively, but I wouldn't trade him for the world right now.

Matt Duchene: This is definitely not a season to remember for Duchene. He was out with two knee injuries and his play in-between was even less satisfying. He kept playing a selfish trying to beat five players by himself and whenever he had the puck would always lose it due to playing a VERY small perimeter game. But the guy has all the talent in the world and just needs to mature on the mental side.

Erik Johnson: Last season EJ had an amazing training camp to come out and start the season slow. Like Duchene, Erik tried to play a very complex style of game and just wasn't working, but towards the middle of the season he justified the blockbuster trade that happened in the middle of night two seasons ago. I say he will improve and have a big season in 12-13.

Seymon Varlamov: At first I did not like this trade and have considerable changed my mind. Yes Caps have Forsberg, but we have a goaler who's potential is without a doubt top 10 and in some cases could be a top 6-7 goaler in the league. As all young players, including goalers, Varlamov struggled with inconsistent play at times in the season, but I love this trade and would make it 9 of the next 10 times.

3) Wants
a) Top 2 spot defenseman
b) Top 6 goalscoring winger
c) Depth bottom 6 forwards

4) Surplus
a) Defensemen
b) Character smallish-centres
c) Goalers

Trade Bait
a) Defensemen (Any kind, OFD/DFD, young/old)
b) Centres (Probably Stastny considering all our core players)
c) Goalers (Good depth, but like to hold onto them as of now)

5) Prospects (Top 5)
1. Stefan Elliott, D
Elliott is the reason we traded Shattenkirk. He's a great skating, offensive defenseman with an amazing wrist shot. Needs to work on strength.
ETA: 1 more season in-between the AHL and NHL.

2. Joey Hishon, F
An amazing two-way centre that sat out last season due to a nasty concussion by McNabb. He's an amazing stickhandler who will beat you by his smarts and vision. Needs to get healthy and stronger.
ETA: Questionmark. 2-3 more seasons strictly in the AHL getting top 6 minutes.

3. Duncan Siemens, D
Siemens has some decent offensive talent, but is more known for his smooth skating toughness. Which makes him very hard to beat on the outside and in-front of the net. Needs to drastically improve his shot.
ETA: 3 seasons; 1 in WHL and 2 in-between AHL and NHL.

4. Cameron Gaunce, D
Had an amazing season last year in the AHL. More of defense first defenseman, Gaunce acutally showed some offensive talent and carried the puck hard to the net with shots and physical presences. Looked like a true veteran carrying his team on his back at times.
ETA: NHL ready. But 1 season in-between AHL and NHL due to our logjam.

5. Tyson Barrie, D
One of our more underrated prospects, Barrie is another offensive defenseman that made Shattenkirk expendable. Last season he looked much better than Elliott at times and absolutely dominated our PP for Lake Erie. Like Elliott, he needs to get stronger and gain experience to compete in the NHL.
ETA: 1-2 seasons playing in-between the AHL and NHL.

6) Strengths
1) Scouting Department.
2) Focusing on skilled character players.
3) Management never acts, before thinking a situation over.

7) Weaknesses
1) Some questionable moves considering our coaching staff and system.
2) Marketing team is just beyond brutal.
3) At times you can lose faith in our organization.

8) Draft Picks
2013: 1st through 7th
2014: 1st through 7th

9) Cap Situation
We are about at the end of our rebuild and had some major players to sign was why we had the lowest cap the last 2-3 season, but this season we have spent money, but still lack a major free agent star. Will be interesting on what we will do next FA period. I'm just glad that management has been smart with our situation and haven't overpaid players.

10) Season Projection
We should be in hunt for one of the last three playoff spots, so somewhere around; 6 to 11.

Last edited by S E P H: 07-23-2012 at 12:06 AM.
S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 01:26 AM
Vikingstad
**** the King

1) Starting Line-up

Hall-Nuge-Eberle
Yak/Hemsky-Gags-Hemsky/Yak
Smyth-Horcoff-Jones
Eager-Belanger-Petrell
Hordichuk

Petry-Smid
Shultz-Shultz
Whitney-Potter/Sutton
Peckham

Dubnyk
Khabibullin

Top Call-ups
MPS (LW), Hartekainen (LW/RW), Lander (C), Teubert (D), Fedun (D), Plante (D), Cornett (F), Pitlick (F), Vandevelde (F/C)

2) Description
Taylor Hall: 1LW, Dynamic goal scorer, Extremely Fast, causes defenders to back up with speed, Unlimited Energy, Future Captain, Leadership, Intangibles. Heart and Soul of the team.

Jordan Eberle: 1RW, Overall Offensive threat, exceptional hands, quick release with great accuracy beats goalies clean, positioned correctly almost all the time, excellent backhand, strong on puck, defensively very reliable too.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins: 1C, incredible vision/passing ability, sees the ice better than anybody on the Oilers, good speed, great agility, ability to avoid checks, rarely ever gets hit. Underrated shot, has ability to pickpocket opponents, and is defensively responsible for an 18 year old. Most importantly, runs the PP from the half wall, exceptional talent with the man up.

Sam Gagner: 2C, great hands, accurate shot, but pass first player. Brings out best of himself and other playing with more offensively gifted players. Not great on the faceoff or defensively, but improved a ton last year. Reason hes so important to the Oilers is that if hes gone, Horcoff is our 2C, and thats just suicide.

Ladislav Smid: Exceptional defensive defenseman. Does everything you want from a defenseman (besides offense). Top shot blocker, and hits a lot. Basically like Girardi. Everybody who plays with Smid has their defensive load lightened, so they play better.

3) Wants
a) 1/2 Defenseman
b) Top 6 forwards with size and scoring
c) Larger 2C

4) Surplus
a) Top 6 forwards
b) Prospects
c) Picks (Dont really need to draft much more, just a bit more)

Trade Bait
a) Hemsky (I like him, but looks like hes on the block because Yak/MPS will be fighting for spots
b) Gagner (can only trade if somehow get an upgrade on 2C)
c) Prospects/Picks

5) Prospects
1. Oscar Klefbom: Defender, plays with Farjestad, good size (6'3, 204) and good skater. Projects to be all around defender, with upside of #1/2 D man likely atleast panning out as a top 4 D. Captained the Swedish WJHC team to Gold, has leadership capabilities, and committed to improving himself as a player. Likely couldve fought for roster spot this year, but committing to his SEL team and spending another year there. Likely roster player in 2013/2014

2. Martin Marancin: Very large slovak Defender, at 6'5 196. Very good skater, and uses stickwork to seperate the puck from oncoming forwards. Offense may not translate to NHL, but at max upside can project to be #2 Shutdown D with some puckmoving capabilities, likely top 4 D man. Still very lanky, needs to fill out frame. Likely with OKC Barons in 2012/2013, still a year or 2 away from trying for the big club.

3. Justin Shultz: Puckmoving Offensive defenseman. Great skating, great passing, and very accurate shot from the point. Jumps into rush often. Defensively reliable, but not exceptional. Could be PPQB on the point. If pans out, could be #1/2D and PPQB, looking like top 4D lock, and looks like he will be playing this season.

4. Anton Lander: Player with great work ethic, always tries hard to better himself. Played 3rd/4th C duties in the nhl for most of 2011/2012, but was sent to OKC later to help build his offensive ability. Very capable defensively, offense is available, but not as strong as defense. Has leadership abilities too, lead his WJHC Swedish team twice I believe. Pans out likely as an Elite 3C, but could be 2C if offensive ability grows a bit more. Could be on roster next season, but right now its looking too full, so likely starts in OKC.

5. David Musil: Big strong defensive D man from Czech Republic. Was top D man on his team at WJHC. Has size, at 6'3 196. Shot blocking, defensive stickwork and seperating player from the puck using the body are his fortes, but needs to work on skating ability, and it doesnt look like he will develope much offensive ability. Actually looks to be projected as a Smid clone (very good). Upside as a 3/4 Shutdown D. Still a few years away from NHL action though. Played in CHL last year, I think he will still be there this year, but may join OKC, not sure.

6. Martin Gernat: Size wise, is pretty much like Martin Marincin, listed as 6'5 187, very lanky D. Opposite type of player than Marincin. He is an offensive puckmoving D. Had a very good, very surprising output in CHL, put up lot of points as a 4th round draft pick. Isnt very good on D work though, needs to work on that. If he fixes his Defensive play, he could be a top 4 OFD, but if not he may just pan out as a 5/6 powerplay specialist, (kinda like Cody Franson is right now). Still few years away.
Important to note, that Gernat and Marancin played together at WJHC for Slovakia, as a 6'5 pairing, and they looked very effective together. Hopefully can continue chemistry.

6) Strengths
a) Top 6 players with skill
b) Defensive prospect Depth
c) Character team, everyone gels in nicely, great locker room with pretty much no cancers. Everyone on the team is dedicated to the team (Omark is the one exception)
d) Financially stable team, fans are loyal and come out to watch, and have one of the richest owners in the league.

7) Weaknesses
a) No #1/2 D men, lot of 3/4 though
b) Size and grit in top 6 or in C position
c) Young team, where inexperience shows when we are unable to close out games or get that tying goal, reason why we lost a lot of games by a goal. Veterans also are known for not showing up when it matters, unlike the kids.

8) Draft Picks
2013: Have all own picks, Ducks 2nd
2014: All own picks

9) Cap Situation

Currently have 11M in cap space. 3.75 being payed to Khabibullin comes off in 1 year, Horcoffs 5.5M comes off in 2015/2016, in time for us to sign Yakupov, nuge, etc.

10) Season Projection

Considering development of top 6, and D, also Dubnyk getting the clear starter job now, we shouldnt be a lottery team next year. Likely around 21st in league, give or take 3 spots. Lots of variables though, injuries have been a problem for years, and if they occur again we still could be in lottery. Also Kruger is going to be tested and could be very benifitial to the team, and the team could be a surprise contender for 8th seed.

My guess is 10th in the West.

EDIT: Holy that took a long time, hope its appreciated.

Last edited by Vikingstad: 07-23-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Vikingstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
Well, now all the CBJ and NYR fans have to change up their stuff.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Wingsfan2965*

1) Starting Line-up
Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist
Filppula - Zetterberg - Samuelsson
Cleary - Abdelkader - Bertuzzi
Eaves - Helm - Miller

Kronwall - White
Ericsson - Quincey
Smith - Kindl

Howard
Gustafsson

Top Call-ups
Tomas Tatar, Left Wing

2) Description
Gustav Nyquist: Talented playmaking forward who will thrive playing with Datsyuk. Needs to gain some weight over this offseason ashe was easy to push off the puck last year, but overall, looks like a very promising prospect.

Brendan Smith: Offensive defenseman. Needs work defensively and will probably start on the third pairing and work his way up. Could find himself on the #1 PP unit before the end of the year.

3) Wants
a) Defense
b) Defense
c) Defense

4) Surplus
a) Forwards
b) Forward Prospects
c)

Trade Bait
a) Johan Franzen
b) Dan Cleary
c)

5) Prospects
1. Calle Jarnkrok, Center, No earlier than 2013-2014, more likely 2014-2015.
Draws a lot of comparisons to Henrik Zetterberg. Has a lot of skill, just needs to gain some weight.
2. Tomas Jurco, Right Wing, 2013-2014 at the earliest.
His size and skill with the puck draw comparisons to Marian Hossa.

6) Strengths
a) Offense
b) Goaltending
c) Deep Prospect Pool

7) Weaknesses
a) Defense
b) Most Defensive Prospects are still a few years away.
c)

8) Draft Picks
2013: All
2014: All

9) Cap Situation

A little bit under the floor. Absolutely fine.

10) Season Projection

Hard to say, the panic posts about how they're gonna be out of the playoffs are unwarranted due to the fact that while they lost Lidstrom, they upgraded their offense. And yes, while they have taken a step back, nobody in the central has really taken a step forward. Nashville has certainly fallen back hard regardless of what happens with Shea Weber. Central will be a horse race between Detroit, Chicago, and STL.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 08:05 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far. I'll start filling it in as soon as I can!

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Mrb1p

:
1) Starting Line-up

Forward Lines
Pacioretty- Eller - Desharnais
Gionta -Plekanec - Cole
Bourque- Leblanc/Galchenyuk - Armstrong
Moen - Nokelainen - Prust

Or
(More plausible)
Patches-Desharnais-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Eller-Armstrong
Prust-Nokelainen-White

Defensive Pairings
Gorges-Subban
Markov - Emelin
Bouillon - Diaz/Weber

Goaltenders
Price
Budaj

Scratches
Gomez
Kaberle
Diaz/Weber

Top Call-ups
Louis Leblanc, C
Aaron Palushaj, RW
Blake Geoffrion, C
Frederic St-Denis, D
Brendan Gallagher, RW
Brendon Nash, D
Mike Blunden, RW

2) Description

Tomas Plekanec
1B two-way centre. Can face anyone on BOTH side of the ice. Minute eating center.

Max Pacioretty
Elite winger, incredible attitude, our very best offensive weapon.

P.K. Subban
Top pairing, minute-eating Dman with alot of room to get better in offense and defense.

Carey Price
All-star goaltender, Face of the franchise (see below.) , Montreal Canadiens best goaltender since Hart Theodore.

Andrei Markov
Baring a return to his own self: Highly intelligent player that think, see and execute better than anyone else on our defense. Could turn out to be Montreal player if he comes back healthy.

3) Wants
a)Physical and good defensively bottom 4 dman.
b) 4th line checking center.
c) Top 6 Winger

4) Surplus
a) Offensive defencemen
b) Bottom 6 wingers.

Trade Bait
a) Yannick Weber
b) Tomas Kaberle
c) René Bourque

5) Prospects
1. Alex Galchenyuk, C, ETA 2012-2014
Centerman with top-line potential. Good attitude and high motor.

2.Louis Leblanc, F, ETA 2012-2013
Outstanding hockey mind, hard working two-way forward with good size. Need's more speed/strenght to play his style of game in the NHL.

3. Nathan Beaulieu, D, ETA 2012-2015
Talented offensive player, can run a powerplay, has good wheels, but need's polishing in his own end. Some might sayhe has attitude issues.

4. Sebastian Collberg, W ETA 2014-2015
Speedy, offensive dynamo. Somewhat small, but has elite offensive potential.

6) Strengths
a) Penalty kill.
b) Carey Price.
c) Good depth.

7) Weaknesses
a) Soft defense.
b) Lack of top 6 players.
c) No goaltending depth.

8) Draft Picks
1st, 2nd, 2nd (NSH), 2nd (CGY), 3rd , 5th ,6th ,7th

All. 1 to 7 .

9) Cap Situation
Uses league-cap, has around 8 millions left.
Still need's to sign P.K. Suban, who will command from 3 to 6.

10) Season Projection
Could go from last to Division leader. Depends on Markov, Price and Therrien.

I see us finishing between 7 and 11 in EC. Lack goalscoring to do more.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:00 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Well, now all the CBJ and NYR fans have to change up their stuff.
Dammit

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:36 PM
ShameOnYouZidlicky

Leafs

Joffrey Lupul - Tyler Bozak - Phil Kessel
James Van Riemsdyk - Mikhail Grabovski - Clarke Macarthur
Nikolai Kulemin - Jay McClement - Matt Frattin
Mike Brown - Dave Steckel - Tim Connolly

Carl Gunnarsson - Dion Phaneuf
Jake Gardiner - Cody Franson
JM Liles - Mike Komisarek

James Reimer
Ben Scrivens

Scratches: Matt Lombardi, Leo Komarov, Korbinian Holzer

Callups: Nazem Kadri, Joe Colborne, Keith Aucoin, Jesse Blacker, Mark Fraser

Joffrey Lupul: Great two-way player, with good playmaking abilities and established chemistry with Kessel

Phil Kessel: One of the best snipers in the game, hold your breath when he has the puck. Also has developed a good passing game

Mikhail Grabovski: Does all the little things right, and has a tremendous work ethic. Can put up points

Jake Gardiner: Stepped into the league last year and played fantastic. Very smooth skater with a good first pass.

Dion Phaneuf: The offense and the physical game are there. He needs to fine tune his defensive game if he really wants to help this club in becoming a contendor.

Wants:

1) Number 1 goalie
2) Number 1 Center

Suplus:

1) 2nd line/3rd line tweeners
2) Defensive prospects

Trade Bait: Clarke Macarthur, Matt Lombardi, Tim Connolly

Top Prospects:

Morgan Rielly: Offensive minded D-man with great skating and passing abilities, ETA: 2014

Nazem Kadri: Offensive player with good hands and playmaking skills: ETA 2012-2013

Joe Colborne: Big playmaking centre, with top 6 potential ETA 2013-2014

Tyler Biggs: Big, nasty power forward with potential scoring touch, ETA: 2013-2014/2014-2015

Jesse Blacker: Good two-way defender who plays a quiet game ETA: 2013

Strengths:

A pretty good offensive group, with players who can put the puck in the net. If Carlyle uses that third line (which i think he will, he likes his shutdown lines), I think it could be one of the best third lines in the game. A few good defensemen. Good prospect system

Weaknesses:

Lacking that highly coveted first line centre. Forwards are too small, need more size in top 6. Between the inconsistent play of Phaneuf, Franson, Liles, and Komisarek, and the uncertainty of Holzer, our defense just has too many question marks. Goaltending is the obvious choice, if Reimer continues to struggle, I'm not sure if Scrivens can take over.

We have lots a cap room, and we will always be able to spend to the cap.

Prediction: 7-12 in East. 10th in conference, 4th in divsion to be exact.

ShameOnYouZidlicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 06:55 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravi83Oil View Post
EDIT: Holy that took a long time, hope its appreciated.
It's quite appreciated. Thank you.

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravi83Oil View Post
Very little i would disagree with. Only thing i'd say is if Schultz counts as a top prospect then he should be higher (I'd even say ahead of both Marincin and Klefbom, but at least the former), and Yakupov should also be included. I wouldn't count Lander as a prospect, and if i did i'd say Hartikainen and Paajarvi should count and are both better. Also i think i'd go with Rieder, Bunz, Teubert, Fedun, Moroz over Gernat, but i can see the appeal of him there also. More than anything though Yakupov should be mentioned somewhere (prospect or core), Hemsky too should be listed as a core guy. Overall i think it's a great job, and impossible for there not to be some differences of opinion.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Where do rangers fans see Hagelin slotting in? Do you still think he'll see top 6 icetime?

Old
07-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
I kind of think NJD should trade Larrson if their gonna keep scratching him ruining his development, that or send him to Albany or trade one of their D's away
Late to the party since this was like 50 posts back but

What the hell are you smoking and where can I find some? Larsson will be on the roster, even if that implies trading one of Tallinder or Volchenkov.

Ilkka Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Sweech
COYS!

I'm also not too big a fan of the Colorado roster.

I just cannot see O'Reilly and Landeskog getting dumped on the third line after the season they each had last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
Late to the party since this was like 50 posts back but

What the hell are you smoking and where can I find some? Larsson will be on the roster, even if that implies trading one of Tallinder or Volchenkov.
The Jets would easily take either of those guys to slot next to Bogosian on the second pairing. What (within reason) on the Jets roster would interest the Devils for either of those players?

Old
07-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
The Jets would easily take either of those guys to slot next to Bogosian on the second pairing. What (within reason) on the Jets roster would interest the Devils for either of those players?
We need top 6/top 9 wingers, even if that means we have to package a non-first round pick or a prospect with whichever D-man we trade if the forward we get back is worth it.

Not really familiar with the Jets roster to pick someone, though.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:05 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Very little i would disagree with. Only thing i'd say is if Schultz counts as a top prospect then he should be higher (I'd even say ahead of both Marincin and Klefbom, but at least the former), and Yakupov should also be included. I wouldn't count Lander as a prospect, and if i did i'd say Hartikainen and Paajarvi should count and are both better. Also i think i'd go with Rieder, Bunz, Teubert, Fedun, Moroz over Gernat, but i can see the appeal of him there also. More than anything though Yakupov should be mentioned somewhere (prospect or core), Hemsky too should be listed as a core guy. Overall i think it's a great job, and impossible for there not to be some differences of opinion.
I would have to disagree about Gernat, with a +/- of +41, he has a good defensive game. Wouldn't of played the PK if his Dgame was weak, was also used as a shutdown D towards the end of games. Likes to use his stick like Marincin, but not as physical. He will lay out the big hit and is not afraid to muck it up.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
We need top 6/top 9 wingers, even if that means we have to package a non-first round pick or a prospect with whichever D-man we trade if the forward we get back is worth it.

Not really familiar with the Jets roster to pick someone, though.
Tough call as the Jets most definitely don't have any top 6ers to spare. We've only really got 5 to begin with...

This is also the first season in a long time that we're icing a true top 9 after adding Jokinen and Ponikarovsky. So it's very hard to imagine what we could lose from our forward core.

We do have some picks and prospects we could offer, although a few of the prospects are older guys looking to crack the big roster like Cormier, Machacek and Klingberg who all look to max out as very good third liners with the fringe chance of slotting in as a second liner. For some reason I could see NJ being interested in a guy like Klingberg, but he may need another year split between the AHL and NHL.

I'm also guessing Tallinder would be the more valuable of the two?

Old
07-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Tough call as the Jets most definitely don't have any top 6ers to spare. We've only really got 5 to begin with...

This is also the first season in a long time that we're icing a true top 9 after adding Jokinen and Ponikarovsky. So it's very hard to imagine what we could lose from our forward core.

We do have some picks and prospects we could offer, although a few of the prospects are older guys looking to crack the big roster like Cormier, Machacek and Klingberg who all look to max out as very good third liners with the fringe chance of slotting in as a second liner. For some reason I could see NJ being interested in a guy like Klingberg, but he may need another year split between the AHL and NHL.
This name is awfully familiar

While we do need to restock the forward prospect pool at some point, a roster player would be the most immediate concern. We just aren't good trade partners.

Quote:
I'm also guessing Tallinder would be the more valuable of the two?
I'd say so, yes.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:55 AM
last_sd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post

1) Starting Line-up
Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist
Cleary - Abdelkader - Bertuzzi
Eaves - Helm - Miller

Kronwall - White
Ericsson - Quincey
Smith - Kindl

Howard
Gustafsson

Top Call-ups
Tomas Tatar, Left Wing

2) Description
Gustav Nyquist: Talented playmaking forward who will thrive playing with Datsyuk. Needs to gain some weight over this offseason ashe was easy to push off the puck last year, but overall, looks like a very promising prospect.

Brendan Smith: Offensive defenseman. Needs work defensively and will probably start on the third pairing and work his way up. Could find himself on the #1 PP unit before the end of the year.

3) Wants
a) Defense
b) Defense
c) Defense

4) Surplus
a) Forwards
b) Forward Prospects
c)

Trade Bait
a) Johan Franzen
b) Dan Cleary
c)

5) Prospects
1. Calle Jarnkrok, Center, No earlier than 2013-2014, more likely 2014-2015.
Draws a lot of comparisons to Henrik Zetterberg. Has a lot of skill, just needs to gain some weight.
2. Tomas Jurco, Right Wing, 2013-2014 at the earliest.
His size and skill with the puck draw comparisons to Marian Hossa.

6) Strengths
a) Offense
b) Goaltending
c) Deep Prospect Pool

7) Weaknesses
a) Defense
b) Most Defensive Prospects are still a few years away.
c)

8) Draft Picks
2013: All
2014: All

9) Cap Situation

A little bit under the floor. Absolutely fine.

10) Season Projection

Hard to say, the panic posts about how they're gonna be out of the playoffs are unwarranted due to the fact that while they lost Lidstrom, they upgraded their offense. And yes, while they have taken a step back, nobody in the central has really taken a step forward. Nashville has certainly fallen back hard regardless of what happens with Shea Weber. Central will be a horse race between Detroit, Chicago, and STL.
Few things I want to change from this (altho he did a good job)

We are not paying 1.9M per to TooToo to sit.
He will play 4th line for us.
Also as much as I want Nyquist to play top 6 he will most likely start on 3rd line and move up.

1) Starting Line-up
Franzen - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Cleary - Helm - Nyquist
Eaves/Miller - Abdelkader - Tootoo
Eaves/Miller, Brunner, Mursak, Emmerton

I would change wants and surplus like this.

3) Wants
a) top 2 D
b) top 6 sniper to play with Datsyuk
c) if a) fails veteran 3rd line D

4) Surplus
a) Bottom 6 Forwards

Trade Bait
a) Johan Franzen, Flippula (only for upgrades)
b) any bottom 6 player not named Helm, Tootoo(just signed)
so Eaves, Miller, Mursak, Emmerton, Cleary

10) Season Projection
With current roster I think we will be around 6~9. We will miss play off if Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Kronwall/Howard misses significant time due to injury

last_sd is offline   Reply With Quote