HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Team Atlantic 2013 World Under 17 Challenge

Old
07-20-2012, 08:27 AM
localfan

vCash: 500
how were the NS boys?

localfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Q7scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan1977 View Post
Smallman is not at the camp. His parents do not believe in it. I don't believe he has ever played at POE either
haha....don't believe in it??? Does their religion prohibit playing for Hockey Canada?

Q7scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 01:21 PM
hockeyfan1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q7scout View Post
haha....don't believe in it??? Does their religion prohibit playing for Hockey Canada?

possibly..but most likely think it is a big money grab.

hockeyfan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:02 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Thats really strange on the Smallman's behalf.. But it was their choice and not ours so what can you do

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:03 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Btw working on roster will post soon

Old
07-20-2012, 04:17 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Highmore-Noel-Gallant
Moody-Bishop-Kielly
Pugsley-Yetman-Batt
Tibbo-Hynes-Messenger
MacSween

Donaghey-Nickerson
McIntyre-McCabe
Quillan-Deschenes
Mann

McDonald
Landry

NS-9
NB-3
NF-7
PE-3

This is an all around solid group and they for sure compete for a medal. Im not sure if the 3 player rule is applied so I put it in anyways. Normally Blanchard would be in MacSween's spot but... Anyways, up front, the top line is gonna be great and should put up a lot of points. The second should do the same and addition some energy with Bishop and Moody's gritty playing styles. The third line is like the second line, should be able to put the puck in the net, and also provide energy. The fourth line should be a good defensive line that could be depended on at the end of games. On defence, the first pair should be pretty good offensively, and decent defensively. McIntyre and McCabe, if they play together they may be the most physical pairing at the tournament. They both aren't overly great offensively, but both have good positioning, can skate pretty good, and both can hit like trucks. The third pairing is good two-way and it wouldn't surprise me to see Deschenes jump into Nickerson or McCabe's spot. In nets, McDonald could arguably be the top goalie at the tournament if he's on his game, and Landry gives him good assurance as a backup. Team Atlantic looks solid and has great depth. If the rule isn't in place, and they take Blanchard over MacSween, and Whiffen over Landry, this could be one of the first times I remember the whole team being drafted except for the underagers. They surely should compete for a medal.

Old
07-20-2012, 05:55 PM
hockeyfan1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
Highmore-Noel-Gallant
Moody-Bishop-Kielly
Pugsley-Yetman-Batt
Tibbo-Hynes-Messenger
MacSween

Donaghey-Nickerson
McIntyre-McCabe
Quillan-Deschenes
Mann

McDonald
Landry

NS-9
NB-3
NF-7
PE-3

This is an all around solid group and they for sure compete for a medal. Im not sure if the 3 player rule is applied so I put it in anyways. Normally Blanchard would be in MacSween's spot but... Anyways, up front, the top line is gonna be great and should put up a lot of points. The second should do the same and addition some energy with Bishop and Moody's gritty playing styles. The third line is like the second line, should be able to put the puck in the net, and also provide energy. The fourth line should be a good defensive line that could be depended on at the end of games. On defence, the first pair should be pretty good offensively, and decent defensively. McIntyre and McCabe, if they play together they may be the most physical pairing at the tournament. They both aren't overly great offensively, but both have good positioning, can skate pretty good, and both can hit like trucks. The third pairing is good two-way and it wouldn't surprise me to see Deschenes jump into Nickerson or McCabe's spot. In nets, McDonald could arguably be the top goalie at the tournament if he's on his game, and Landry gives him good assurance as a backup. Team Atlantic looks solid and has great depth. If the rule isn't in place, and they take Blanchard over MacSween, and Whiffen over Landry, this could be one of the first times I remember the whole team being drafted except for the underagers. They surely should compete for a medal.

Saw this quote from the head coach
But they also must keep in mind the provinces the players are from and fill those holes as well. Itís a completed puzzle and more than simply finding the very best fit with the skill sets needed on each line in each position.

Sounds as if the rule is still in place to take players from all provinces

I heard that Maccallum had an excellent camp and MacDonald had to leave as he was sick.
The team is not named until late November so there is lots of time for the coaches and scouts to see the players in action

Old
07-20-2012, 09:54 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Saw this quote from the head coach
But they also must keep in mind the provinces the players are from and fill those holes as well. Itís a completed puzzle and more than simply finding the very best fit with the skill sets needed on each line in each position.

Sounds as if the rule is still in place to take players from all provinces

I heard that Maccallum had an excellent camp and MacDonald had to leave as he was sick.
The team is not named until late November so there is lots of time for the coaches and scouts to see the players in action
I think Deshene will be playing u-16 this year as he did not have a great year as a U-16 last year as an under ager, there are lots of players that can make team Atlantic on D before he does.

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:49 AM
gocatsgo
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
Thats really strange on the Smallman's behalf.. But it was their choice and not ours so what can you do
I know Spencer Smallman and his parents very well. He wasn't invited to camp... he and his parents wish he was because he wants to plays for team Atlantic.

Someone would be smart to invite him to try out.

gocatsgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 02:02 PM
localfan

Gibson was invited late, but then, he ended up getting mono so couldn't go to camp. In his place was Nick Welsh (U/A). So Gibson might still have a crack at making the team as well.

Old
07-24-2012, 04:44 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

When does the tourney start ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 05:51 PM
hockeyfan1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
When does the tourney start ?
December 29th 2012-January 4th 2013

Old
07-24-2012, 05:53 PM
hockeyfan1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocatsgo View Post
I know Spencer Smallman and his parents very well. He wasn't invited to camp... he and his parents wish he was because he wants to plays for team Atlantic.

Someone would be smart to invite him to try out.

I agree but I think if you don't participate in the Atlantic Challenge Cup the chances are slim to be invited...Crazy

Old
07-24-2012, 06:01 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
December 29th 2012-January 4th 2013
Thanks, it's on TSN right ?

Old
07-24-2012, 07:07 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
U17's? Helllll no if those dates are right. That'd be during the U20's

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Breakfast of Champs

Quote:
The final will be, doubt many/if any others are.

Breakfast of Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 07:51 PM
IslandScouter

Alex and Kameron should be leader on this team as returning players, how did they look?

IslandScouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 09:39 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakfast of Champs View Post
The final will be, doubt many/if any others are.
Okay, maybe, maybe team atlantice makes it.

Old
07-24-2012, 10:13 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy98 View Post
Alex and Kameron should be leader on this team as returning players, how did they look?
Again I only seen one game, but Kielly and Gallant, along with Bishop IMO were the best forwards there. Should definetly be leaders for this team.

Old
07-25-2012, 07:29 AM
localfan

Quote:
I agree but I think if you don't participate in the Atlantic Challenge Cup the chances are slim to be invited...Crazy
Mason only participated in U15 and Alex Anthony was never on any team. Not sure about the other provinces. I don't think it matters if you were in HPP or not. I think it more depends if you were drafted by the Q, IMO. Not that the respective Hockey branches would admit to that one though.

Old
07-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Q7scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by localfan View Post
Mason only participated in U15 and Alex Anthony was never on any team. Not sure about the other provinces. I don't think it matters if you were in HPP or not. I think it more depends if you were drafted by the Q, IMO. Not that the respective Hockey branches would admit to that one though.
With that being said has their ever been any player drafted to the Q this year or in recent years that were not invited to try out for team Atlantic?

Old
08-02-2012, 09:47 AM
localfan

Do you mean a player who HAS played for the HPP all three years?

I'm sure there are players that don't get the invite as they have had that 10 player rule so obviously they can't invite everyone, even if they are drafted by the Q.

Old
08-02-2012, 09:50 AM
localfan

All I was trying to say was that just because your kids plays HPP for the three years leading up to Team Atlantic, doesn't mean he's a shoo-in for an invite for the selection camp. The HPP isn't necessarily a guarantee you will be chosen. Heck, maybe your kid doesn't play any years of HPP and all of a sudden, he's selected after a year of midget.

Old
08-02-2012, 12:57 PM
hockeyfan1977

I was under the impression if you didn't play at the Atlantic challenge cup your chances of being selected are very slim. certainly does not guarantee you will be invited to tryouts either

Old
08-03-2012, 07:46 AM
Q7scout

Quote:
I was under the impression if you didn't play at the Atlantic challenge cup your chances of being selected are very slim. certainly does not guarantee you will be invited to tryouts either
Sounds very sketchy.....you would think the best players at the time would be invited to play regardless of where they played before.