HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators match offer sheet issued to Weber (Teams' releases are in post #335)

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Viller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedog2735 View Post
I would like to see us sign Voracek and then save our cap space for a defenseman at the deadline, maybe Enstrom if the Jets aren't in the playoff hunt.

We don't need to trade assets for a Bobby Ryan type. All it would be would be trying to add a more well-known name because we didn't get Weber. Unnecessary.
So your ok with a mediocre season and whimper in the 2nd round (or worst) again then?

Old
07-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Viller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post
If that is true one thing to consider is that cash is allowed to be part of NHL trades. Anyone acquiring Weber after July 24, 2013 won't get away with only paying the $1 mil salary for the 13-14 season. Nashville will ask for, and receive all or most of the $12 mil sb for that league year.
Trading cash in the NHL hasn't been allowed in oh.... 8 years now? lol

And Weber will never be a Flyer unless 3 teams are involved, mark my words.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:01 PM
FlyersCup08

Quote:
If that is true one thing to consider is that cash is allowed to be part of NHL trades. Anyone acquiring Weber after July 24, 2013 won't get away with only paying the $1 mil salary for the 13-14 season. Nashville will ask for, and receive all or most of the $12 mil sb for that league year.
Wow you just need to leave.

Cash is not allowed to be a part of a trade under the current CBA, in case it wasn't clear why your entire post is laughable.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:05 PM
hXc Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viller View Post
So your ok with a mediocre season and whimper in the 2nd round (or worst) again then?
I'm not confident that even with Bobby Ryan they wont just whimper in the 2nd round again anyway.

I dont think adding offense is our problem, I think we need Bryz to play like a goalie and we need to fill the holes in our defense.

With Weber gone I dont see it happening this year.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:05 PM
nwpensfan

To those telling Flyers fans to watch out other teams are going to start poaching via RFA offer sheets, you really have no clue!! What Holmgren did was a smart aggressive and legal move to sign a great defenseman, nothing more and all GM's in the league understand. They probably all secretly wish they had the backing of an owner to pull off such a move!!

As a Pens fan I am glad that the Preds matched but I also know that your GM will still do something to make your team better and that bums me out!! Looking forward to PO's next year and a rematch!!

Old
07-24-2012, 07:07 PM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Trading cash in the NHL hasn't been allowed in oh.... 8 years now? lol

And Weber will never be a Flyer unless 3 teams are involved, mark my words.
Oh, well Nashville might be in deep do-do then.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:12 PM
hXc Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpensfan View Post
To those telling Flyers fans to watch out other teams are going to start poaching via RFA offer sheets, you really have no clue!! What Holmgren did was a smart aggressive and legal move to sign a great defenseman, nothing more and all GM's in the league understand. They probably all secretly wish they had the backing of an owner to pull off such a move!!

As a Pens fan I am glad that the Preds matched but I also know that your GM will still do something to make your team better and that bums me out!! Looking forward to PO's next year and a rematch!!
I'll gladly take a rematch...definitely dont want to see the Rangers in the playoffs next season unless they're riddled with injuries

Old
07-24-2012, 07:12 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Some comic relief for you all:

Old
07-24-2012, 07:14 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Oh, well Nashville might be in deep do-do then.
By July 1st, 2015 they will have paid him $55 million dollars. That's half his contract. He gets $55 million over the course of the last 11 years.

Weber is a Predator for life. He will never be traded unless he specifically goes in and says, "Trade me because I'm not playing here anymore." There is little chance they trade him after paying 25% of his contract in one year and even less chance they trade him after paying 50% of it over three.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:25 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
If it comes with better trolling then what you're offering, I'd consider it.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:33 PM
BernieParent

Quote:

I appreciate your supportive two cents on the matter, even though I'm sure you had to wash your hands in scalding water afterwards. Penguins and Flyers came by their hatred honestly; that is, on the ice. Here's to more hostilities in the new season!

Old
07-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Icedog2735

Quote:
I don't think personally that adding Bobby Ryan improves this team enough to get us past the 2nd round.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Viller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
By July 1st, 2015 they will have paid him $55 million dollars. That's half his contract. He gets $55 million over the course of the last 11 years.

Weber is a Predator for life. He will never be traded unless he specifically goes in and says, "Trade me because I'm not playing here anymore." There is little chance they trade him after paying 25% of his contract in one year and even less chance they trade him after paying 50% of it over three.
I dont see Weber pulling this kind of stuff. So yeah, hes a predator or wherever they will be in 5 years, for life.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:37 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
I don't think he's trolling. Ask yourself, has the team gotten better since last year? I say no, but the offseason is not over and I'm willing to see how it plays out.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Viller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedog2735 View Post
I don't think personally that adding Bobby Ryan improves this team enough to get us past the 2nd round.
It doesn't at all. They need a #1 Dman, its pretty clear. Theres no options available, even next summer, theres nothing out there.

And remember also, next summer will have the new rules in so Flyers will have no more leverage on other teams. (aka Snyder money wont matter anymore)

Old
07-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
It sounds to me that Poile wanted Schenn and Couts and not one or the other which to me is way uncalled for... hence the offersheet which Poile and the ownership took umbrage too and felt the Flyers pushed them around. Kind of an unfair characterization considering we were just leveraging the chip we had which was deep pockets. From Holmgren's standpoint he was offended that Poile perhaps wouldn't budge on Couts and Schenn and Poile was offended that we opened the vault on him. All things considering the both of them drove a hard bargain and should consider it a draw from a personal level. If Poile is ******** then that is on him for walking around with his boxer's on backwards mimimicking his butt buddy Howson!
In my opinion in this thing Poile just comes off like an old stubborn man. They're gonna pay through the teeth just to make a point.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 07-24-2012 at 08:05 PM. Reason: "through"
Old
07-24-2012, 07:45 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
I don't think he's trolling. Ask yourself, has the team gotten better since last year? I say no, but the offseason is not over and I'm willing to see how it plays out.
But the team changed immensely over the past off-season with the addition of several high-ceiling rookies and other young players. Teams like that don't have to make big splashes in the following off-season to advance as a competitive squad.

Paul Holmgren swung mightily for the fences, without giving up these young players, this July and struck out. I applaud his effort to significantly upgrade the team while preserving the superior young core.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Larry44

Quote:

Well, we know that Weber met with Vancouver, San Jose, Detroit and New York and all discussed the options: offer sheet, trade and sign, etc. Weber just chose the Flyers ended up a Pred.

Nothing lost, respect gained, let's move on.

Bouwmeester? Maybe.

The guy I think they should look at is younger: Cody Franson. RFA with Toronto. Unhappy about his ice time last year. I think he could be acquired in trade. RHS. Plays the point. Etc.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:01 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
You might want to look at the rest of his work this evening.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Viller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
Im not trolling anyone. Its reality. The Flyers are a worst team than last year, what do you expect to happen?

edit: So you are insunuating that im trolling the Flyers board? I have a ****ing Flyers temple in my basement. So yeah...
edit2: Feel like I need to explain here, the Flyers aren't a bad team, far from that. But they aint a Cup contender by any means. Thats all Im saying.

Last edited by Viller: 07-24-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old
07-24-2012, 08:05 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Im not trolling anyone. Its reality. The Flyers are a worst team than last year, what do you expect to happen?

edit: So you are insunuating that im trolling the Flyers board? I have a ****ing Flyers temple in my basement. So yeah...
Ouch! What was that? I think that was a piece of the sky falling.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:07 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by hXc Chris View Post
I'll gladly take a rematch...definitely dont want to see the Rangers in the playoffs next season unless they're riddled with injuries
You kidding? Their legs will be gassed and faces swollen with puck marks while their coach shouts at them to man up.. They gave up depth, so I predict they'll be too tired to make it past the 2nd round

Old
07-24-2012, 08:07 PM
laundryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Some comic relief for you all:

Seriously, beyond glad Weber won't be on the Penguins any time soon

Old
07-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
I don't think we're worse than last year, but I can't say we're better...unless both Schenns, Read, and Couturier all become sexygood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
You kidding? Their legs will be gassed and faces swollen with puck marks while their coach shouts at them to man up.. They gave up depth, so I predict they'll be too tired to make it past the 2nd round
Yeah, the Rangers have a VERY demanding style. They just got lucky injury-wise this year. It was only the year before where their "block EVERYTHING" system cost them Callahan for the playoffs.

I'm not terribly worried about them, because I'd be surprised if they have the same good fortune two years running.

07-24-2012, 08:16 PM
Swiper the Fox

Nashville still can't afford him
i still think, holmgren will do whatever it takes to get weber
(its clear he don't want to play there)

he's dealt richards and carter away pretty easily............ I'm thinking something is coming down the pipe with this still
if nashville can get some of the bodies in the flyers system that is better than the first rounders they were gonna get, they'll be a better team and so will the flyers

Closed Thread