HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Need help for new skates

Old
07-23-2012, 11:54 AM
CanFan05

vCash: 500
Need help for new skates

In need of some much needed advice!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

I had a pair of Bauer X40's 8.0D and they were hurting on the side of my big toe and my feed would feel numb at the end of a game.

I've been skating for a year and a half (never skated before) and I didn't think it was worth it to shell out the big bucks on a top of the line pair of skates.

I recently went to LHS to try a new pair of skates (the sales poeple don't work for a comission over there) . The top of my foot is a bit high and the clerk measured my foot (8.0D).

I tried CCM 6.0 and Bauer Supreme 6 and One60 (the really good at the begining of this post was explaining that supreme has a wider forefoot). I only tried those two because the guy said that Reebok and Easton are not made for my foot (because the top of my feet is thick) and I could get lacebite.

CCM's weren't confortable so I skipped them early.

I loved the One60 but I tried the 8.5D and I had a full finger in the back of heel which is not good from what I understand. He then said I should try a 7.5 in the Supreme because I had a lot of space in the back of my heel.

The clerk was explaining that Supreme 6 and One60 is exactly the same fit. He didn't
have a One60 in size 7.5D but he made me try a Supreme 6 and they felt fine, except the fact that i felt the weight of my body on my ''inner big toe mound'' which is the bone underneath my big toe. The guy punched the skate out a bit and it felt a bit better. He told me that I could punch 'em out more if I buy them and that insoles (superfeet) would help a lot.

The side of my big toe didn't seem to hurt with the Supreme 6 and I walked a lot with them in the store. Only bothers me that I felt pressure on the bone underneath my big toe and I just don't want to end up with another problem.

I asked the guy if I could maybe bake them to brake them in more easily and he said that I shouldn't because they weren't made for baking.

Also, I was wondering if profiling the skate could give me more stability on the ice? The guy said that some profiles make the blade touch the ice a bit more and that could help me....

So can any of u give me some much needed advice?

Thanks a lot!

CanFan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 12:35 PM
esidebill

I'm almost 100% sure you can bake either the One60 or Supreme6

esidebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 02:22 PM
AIREAYE

please don't post and create a new thread.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:56 AM
CanFan05

Does anybody have more advice please?

Thanks a lot!

CanFan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 01:15 PM
OpenIceHit42

Quote:
Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
I'm almost 100% sure you can bake either the One60 or Supreme6
Yes you can bake the One 60's. I have them and had them baked.

OpenIceHit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 07:25 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

hey question here, wondering if people could help me out. which hockey brand/skate is best for wide or flat feet? i know you can get different widths but im looking for comfort. currently i have bauer vapor x15's regular width (with superfeet), but they are still too narrow. i recently tried my dads bauer flexlites, and i loved them. now im considering the bauer nexus line. so does anyone have experience with wider skates that are pretty comfy? thanks!

keppel146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 07:34 PM
AIREAYE

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1099867

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 09:51 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Pumps are overrated...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 08:08 AM
esidebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Pumps are overrated...
The Pump works! I tried the Nexus line. They are for a higher arch for sure. I don't have flat feet, but a fairly low arch and I had an annoying bumping in the middle of my arch with the Nexus.

esidebill is offline   Reply With Quote