HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Fight Announcements & Rumors - Part 6

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
I like it because I love watching Sylvia get wrecked.

Old
07-20-2012, 06:23 PM
m9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post

What a waste for Cormier.

Why?
Because there are no other options, and at least Sylvia is a name who has been winning fights.

Old
07-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
Because there are no other options, and at least Sylvia is a name who has been winning fights.
So you don't like the fight itself, you just like it better than any other fight they could make? If that's the case, I see where you're coming from but there's nothing to actually like about the fight. Sylvia is not a good fighter.

Old
07-20-2012, 07:01 PM
DeathFromAbove

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn View Post
I like this. This was the best fight they could put together for Cormier since Fedor wasn't going to happen.

Old
07-20-2012, 07:26 PM
m9

Quote:
So you don't like the fight itself, you just like it better than any other fight they could make? If that's the case, I see where you're coming from but there's nothing to actually like about the fight. Sylvia is not a good fighter.
I like it because it is the best possible fight they could make. Sylvia is a former champ who has been winning fights and is a name.

I don't know what else you are looking for in an answer. Who did you want Cormier to fight?

Old
07-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
I like it because it is the best possible fight they could make. Sylvia is a former champ who has been winning fights and is a name.

I don't know what else you are looking for in an answer. Who did you want Cormier to fight?
There aren't many guys out there and no matter who they put against Cormier, it's going to be a mismatch. I think someone like Kharitonov would be better than Sylvia.

Old
07-20-2012, 07:44 PM
DeathFromAbove

Quote:
There aren't many guys out there and no matter who they put against Cormier, it's going to be a mismatch. I think someone like Kharitonov would be better than Sylvia.
Rumor is that Kharitonov will be joining the UFC shortly.

Old
07-20-2012, 08:41 PM
m9

Also, since Kharitonov got bounced from the tournament it doesn't make much sense for him to fight the winner. It had to be an outside guy, IMO.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
alan belcher ufc ‏@alanbelcherufc

My next fight will be the biggest of my career! I may be taking a trip down south, very south. #UFC #belcher4champ
https://twitter.com/alanbelcherufc

Vitor Belfort is supposed to fight on the next Brazil card...so it seems like Belcher will face him on that card, UFC 153.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
https://twitter.com/alanbelcherufc

Vitor Belfort is supposed to fight on the next Brazil card...so it seems like Belcher will face him on that card, UFC 153.
Should be a great scrap. I wonder where that leaves Weidman though? If they aren't going to give him the next title shot right away, he's kind of in no man's land for the time being. I guess Boetsch if he isn't out too long because of his foot or winner of Bisping/Stann are options but not until later this year.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:51 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Should be a great scrap. I wonder where that leaves Weidman though? If they aren't going to give him the next title shot right away, he's kind of in no man's land for the time being. I guess Boetsch if he isn't out too long because of his foot or winner of Bisping/Stann are options but not until later this year.
Weidman is better than all those guys.

Belfort had his chance and was embarrassed.

No way he deserves another shot right away.

Old
07-24-2012, 12:04 AM
kurt
the last emperor

vCash: 400
How fat will Tim Sylvia be? Better or worse shape than his last fight (which was actually pretty good by Tim Sylvia standards)?

Old
07-24-2012, 12:07 AM
Peter Griffin

The Sylvia rumour got shot down by Dana didn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Liquor
Weidman is better than all those guys.
I agree and I think he deserves the next title shot. But if they aren't going to give it to him right away, I would've liked to see him face Belcher for the #1 contender spot, but that doesn't appear to be the plan. Hopefully that means Weidman will be getting the next shot as there aren't a whole lot of short term options for him.

Old
07-24-2012, 01:40 AM
m9

Silva might as well fight Weidman next. Weidman is only going to get better and Silva is only going to get older, so the longer he waits the worse it will get.

I'm really curious what the odds would be for Weidman/Silva. Weidman can't be more than +200 can he?

Old
07-24-2012, 01:42 AM
m9

Quote:
The only other fight that makes sense for Weidman IMO is Franklin. Franklin wants to fight a guy in the title mix (ie not Cung Le) and this would be signature win for Weidman if he could beat Franklin.

Last edited by m9: 07-24-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old
07-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Frank the Tank
The Oiler Tankers

Quote:
The only other fight that makes sense for Weidman IMO is Franklin. Franklin wants to fight a guy in the title mix (ie not Cung Le) and this would be signature win for Weidman if he could beat Weidman.
I wonder if the UFC wants to get back into the situation of a few years ago where Franklin keeps eliminating all of Anderson's potential title contenders and has no chance of getting a 3rd shot himself.

Old
07-24-2012, 10:55 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
I wonder if the UFC wants to get back into the situation of a few years ago where Franklin keeps eliminating all of Anderson's potential title contenders and has no chance of getting a 3rd shot himself.
When were they in that situation?

He stopped Okami from getting a title shot but that's the only time he's beat one of Anderson's potential title contenders that I can recall.

Old
07-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Frank the Tank
The Oiler Tankers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
When were they in that situation?

He stopped Okami from getting a title shot but that's the only time he's beat one of Anderson's potential title contenders that I can recall.
A mixture of poor memory and word choice on my part. I forgot that after his 2nd loss to Silva the UFC stopped putting him in middleweight fights of relevance and instead put him in light heavyweight or 190/195 lb catchweight fights. I meant to say that the UFC did not take the chance of having guys like Cote, Leites, Maia, and Sonnen fight Franklin before they fought Silva.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:54 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
The Sylvia rumour got shot down by Dana didn't it?

Quote:
I'm really curious what the odds would be for Weidman/Silva. Weidman can't be more than +200 can he?
He can and he will. My guess is minimum +250, and likely approaching +300.

Quote:
The only other fight that makes sense for Weidman IMO is Franklin. Franklin wants to fight a guy in the title mix (ie not Cung Le) and this would be signature win for Weidman if he could beat Franklin.
I understand what you're saying, but I'm not a fan at all. Weidman should get the next title shot, and IMO it's not terribly close. Bisping just lost to the guy who has lost to Anderson twice, and Weidman just smoked a guy who I could easily see beating Bisping. Beating Franklin proves nothing to me about Weidman, and if Franklin beats him he's not getting the title shot. I've always been a fan of giving the guy with the best chance of winning the shot, and in this case it's Weidman. The winner of Bisping/Stann can fight the winner of Belcher/Vitor, and there's your next number one contender.

Old
07-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Belfort vs Belcher confirmed for UFC 153

Quote:
MMAjunkie.com today confirmed with sources close to the two fighters that Vitor Belfort (21-9 MMA, 10-5 UFC) and Alan Belcher (18-6 MMA, 9-4 UFC) have verbally agreed to meet on the main card of this fall's UFC 153 event.
http://mmajunkie.com/news/29851/alan...-in-brazil.mma

Belfort better not get injured again. That should be a great fight.

Some good match ups in the MW division if everything plays out like most people are speculating.

Silva vs Weidman
Bisping vs Stann
Belfort vs Belcher
Lombard vs Munoz
Franklin vs Le

Old
07-24-2012, 10:21 PM
m9

^I am cool with Weidman getting the shot, but if Silva takes some time off then you have to get Weidman another fight. Franklin, Boetsch, whoever.

Old
07-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
^I am cool with Weidman getting the shot, but if Silva takes some time off then you have to get Weidman another fight. Franklin, Boetsch, whoever.
With Boetsch injured and Franklin almost guaranteed to fight Cung Le in China, what about Weidman vs Rashad?

If Weidman wins, Silva can't say anything about him not being a big enough name and not being a true contender. If Rashad wins, that will be a huge fight.

Old
07-24-2012, 11:09 PM
m9

Quote:
With Boetsch injured and Franklin almost guaranteed to fight Cung Le in China, what about Weidman vs Rashad?

If Weidman wins, Silva can't say anything about him not being a big enough name and not being a true contender. If Rashad wins, that will be a huge fight.
I don't think they would want to waste a top contender though by having one guy lose. I think they would put both guys on paths to get a title shot within 2 fights.

Old
07-25-2012, 01:33 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
I don't think they would want to waste a top contender though by having one guy lose. I think they would put both guys on paths to get a title shot within 2 fights.
Yeah I would prefer this. I'd love to see both Weidman and Rashad be the next two guys to fight Anderson. Assuming Bisping beats Stann you could line up Weidman/Anderson and then have a rematch of Bisping and Rashad for the next shot.

Old
07-25-2012, 01:47 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Belfort vs Belcher confirmed for UFC 153

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29851/alan...-in-brazil.mma

Belfort better not get injured again. That should be a great fight.

Some good match ups in the MW division if everything plays out like most people are speculating.

Silva vs Weidman
Bisping vs Stann
Belfort vs Belcher
Lombard vs Munoz
Franklin vs Le
What about Boetsch?

Closed Thread