HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 — Russia Roster Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2012, 04:48 PM
KevyD
Make It 30!!!!

vCash: 500
Months ago, I mentioned that Semin was a bad idea for not only the Russian National team but also for an NHL team. I described him as poison.

Of course, all the Russian hockey fans came out of the woodwork and told me that I was crazy, that I knew nothing about hockey and that NHL teams would be chomping at the bit to get the Russian sniper.

Well, it is July 13th and no one wants Semin - as per Michael Tkaikos' article in today National Post refering to him as a "loser, "the ultimate coach killer" and "poison".

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...exander-semin/

So... Where are the Semin apologists now?

Old
07-14-2012, 01:14 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
Months ago, I mentioned that Semin was a bad idea for not only the Russian National team but also for an NHL team. I described him as poison.

Of course, all the Russian hockey fans came out of the woodwork and told me that I was crazy, that I knew nothing about hockey and that NHL teams would be chomping at the bit to get the Russian sniper.

Well, it is July 13th and no one wants Semin - as per Michael Tkaikos' article in today National Post refering to him as a "loser, "the ultimate coach killer" and "poison".

Doan is a coach killer too, right? He hasn't signed yet either...

Old
07-14-2012, 04:19 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:

Semin is a good idea for the Russian national team, he actually plays well in short tournaments as he proved in the last World Championship...

82 games in an NHL season + playoffs is not up Semin's ally however as he has, from what I can tell, a love-hate relationship with the NHL. He seems to want to be an NHL player, but at the same time, he doesn't really like the NHL style of game as per his ill-fated 2008 interview re: Crosby and the NHL.

I'm not a fan of Semin..at this point I think NHL GMs are correct in offering Semin nothing longer than a year. I wouldn't offer him anything...I think Semin's best bet is to return to the KHL and be happy, lots of money tax free, easier schedule, more international games...and he won't have to see everyday the face of the NHL, Sidney Crosby.

Old
07-14-2012, 10:27 AM
espo*

Let him eat cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Semin is a good idea for the Russian national team, he actually plays well in short tournaments as he proved in the last World Championship...

82 games in an NHL season + playoffs is not up Semin's ally however as he has, from what I can tell, a love-hate relationship with the NHL. He seems to want to be an NHL player, but at the same time, he doesn't really like the NHL style of game as per his ill-fated 2008 interview re: Crosby and the NHL.

I'm not a fan of Semin..at this point I think NHL GMs are correct in offering Semin nothing longer than a year. I wouldn't offer him anything...I think Semin's best bet is to return to the KHL and be happy, lots of money tax free, easier schedule, more international games...and he won't have to see everyday the face of the NHL, Sidney Crosby.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:53 AM
MaxV

Semin plays with MUCH more motivation for the National Team then he does for the NHL teams.

I've actually been pleased with his play for the NT for the most part. And not only offensively, he has put good effort on the defensive end for the NT as well.

Old
07-25-2012, 08:01 AM
Fulcrum

Summer NT prospect camp, to be held in mid-august.

GOALIE
Igor Bobkov
Sergei Bobrovsky
Andrey Vasilevsky
Ilya Ezhov
Anton Khudobin

DEFENDERS
Vyacheslav Voinov
Dmitry Kulikov
Maxim Goncharov
Dmitry Orlov
Eugene Ryasensky
Anton Belov
Yuri Alexandrov
Kiselevich Bogdan
Maxim Chudinov
Alexey Marchenko
Nikita Pivtsakin
Andrei Zubarev

FORWARD
Evgeny Dadonov
Artem Anisimov
Andrei Loktionov
Evgeny Grachev
Vladimir Zharkov
Sergei Shirokov
Ilya Zubov
Yevgeny Kuznetsov
Vadim Shipachev
Evgeni Ketov
Egor Averin
Evgeny Bodrov
Igor Makarov
Anton Burdasov
Sergei Kalinin
Kirill Petrov
Vladimir Tarasenko

Surprised that Tikhonov is not there, probably still injured..

Old
07-25-2012, 08:17 AM
Hockeysemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
Summer NT prospect camp, to be held in mid-august.

GOALIE
Igor Bobkov
Sergei Bobrovsky
Andrey Vasilevsky
Ilya Ezhov
Anton Khudobin

DEFENDERS
Vyacheslav Voinov
Dmitry Kulikov
Maxim Goncharov
Dmitry Orlov
Eugene Ryasensky
Anton Belov
Yuri Alexandrov
Kiselevich Bogdan
Maxim Chudinov
Alexey Marchenko
Nikita Pivtsakin
Andrei Zubarev

FORWARD
Evgeny Dadonov
Artem Anisimov
Andrei Loktionov
Evgeny Grachev
Vladimir Zharkov
Sergei Shirokov
Ilya Zubov
Yevgeny Kuznetsov
Vadim Shipachev
Evgeni Ketov
Egor Averin
Evgeny Bodrov
Igor Makarov
Anton Burdasov
Sergei Kalinin
Kirill Petrov
Vladimir Tarasenko

Surprised that Tikhonov is not there, probably still injured..
And no Burmistrov?

Old
07-25-2012, 09:30 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulle View Post
And no Burmistrov?
Ya, I'm a little surprised at Burmistrov's exclusion as well... I guess he still has some work to do to get in the coach's good books.

Old
07-25-2012, 09:43 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulle View Post
And no Burmistrov?
He left with a bit of a scandal that he himself created, when he said that no one talked to him when they cut him. Whether it's true or not, not exactly a good start with coaches, it didn't need to be said to the media- esp. considering the team went on to win. So he looks like the bad guy.

Old
07-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Yakushev72

Quote:

Semin is just the latest target among those Canadian fans and journalists who just can't seem to get by without finding a Russian scapegoat to blame their woes on. The Washington Capitols are a very mediocre team that doesn't belong in the race for a Stanley Cup, but because they haven't won one, the presence of Semin is convenient for those who don't want to lay the blame on a Canadian. Everybody understands the situation - it was Vladimir Konstantinov who said, in referring to Canadian referees, that "they hate us (Russian players), and we hate them." With individual exceptions, it has pretty much always been a hate-hate relationship.

Semin has already made a fortune to last a lifetime in the NHL, and I would love to see him move to the KHL. In the KHL, he could get a huge paycheck and pay little or no taxes. He is a big name player, which could have the effect of encouraging other big name Russian players to jump to the KHL. He could focus his efforts to a greater degree on the national team, where he can clearly contribute. If no one signs him, then he is free to go to the KHL, so I hope that that is what he is maneuvering for.

Old
07-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Yakushev72

Quote:
Ya, I'm a little surprised at Burmistrov's exclusion as well... I guess he still has some work to do to get in the coach's good books.
Burmistrov hasn't performed well enough to have a lock on an NT spot. He had about 10 or 11 goals at Winnipeg last year - that makes him more of a candidate for the AHL than it does a NT candidate.

Old
07-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
Burmistrov hasn't performed well enough to have a lock on an NT spot. He had about 10 or 11 goals at Winnipeg last year - that makes him more of a candidate for the AHL than it does a NT candidate.
I'm growing tired of your BS. You have the annoying habit of inventing things left right and center. Where did I write he's a lock for the National Team? Find me where I wrote that. He is however a terrific young player with a great deal of upside who in my estimation quite deserving of an invite to a summer developmental camp.

Old
07-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Mr Writer

Andrei Lakotinov 39 games 3 goals 7 pts.. I guess that makes him a candidate for the ECHL and not the NHL or a spot on the NT. I mean seriously guy...in the future just ignore anything I write, because it's just not worth it, it's not worth it discussing anything of substance with you.

Old
07-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Yakushev72

Quote:
I'm growing tired of your BS. You have the annoying habit of inventing things left right and center. Where did I write he's a lock for the National Team? Find me where I wrote that. He is however a terrific young player with a great deal of upside who in my estimation quite deserving of an invite to a summer developmental camp.
Mr. Writer, growing tired of BS? That's a huge irony! You were the guy who invented the premise that there is a lot of talk among high level IIHF and Federation officials about creating an U23 tournament. Presumably, the stewards of international hockey resources were whispering among themselves that there is a keen interest among hockey fans around the world to know which country had the best team of players born between 1990 and 1994. Why couldn't you have just said "wouldn't it be interesting to have a summer tournament between international teams of U23 players?" Please don't accuse me of being a BS'er after you cooked up one like that.

The use of the term "lock" was my own, and the fact is I never attributed it to you. My opinion is that Burmistrov is potentially a talented NT future prospect, but he hasn't produced enough yet to "lock up," or earn, an NT roster spot. I will continue to express my opinions, whether you find them tiresome or not.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Mr Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
Mr. Writer, growing tired of BS? That's a huge irony! You were the guy who invented the premise that there is a lot of talk among high level IIHF and Federation officials about creating an U23 tournament. Presumably, the stewards of international hockey resources were whispering among themselves that there is a keen interest among hockey fans around the world to know which country had the best team of players born between 1990 and 1994. Why couldn't you have just said "wouldn't it be interesting to have a summer tournament between international teams of U23 players?" Please don't accuse me of being a BS'er after you cooked up one like that.

The use of the term "lock" was my own, and the fact is I never attributed it to you. My opinion is that Burmistrov is potentially a talented NT future prospect, but he hasn't produced enough yet to "lock up," or earn, an NT roster spot. I will continue to express my opinions, whether you find them tiresome or not.

Express all you want, but ignore me and I shall extend the same courtesy towards you.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:31 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

Every one please calm down, this is the last warning.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:09 AM
Grabovski
Грабовский правил

My predictions on Team Russia 2014:
Kovalchuk - Malkin - Radulov
Ovechkin - Datsyuk - Semin
Yakupov - Burmistrov - Kuznetsov
Kulemin - Tarasenko - Morosov
Zherdev

Kulikov - Markov
Tyutin - Volchenkov
Orlov - Nikitin
Kulyash

Bryzgalov
Varlomov
Bobrovsky

Old
08-15-2012, 08:06 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabovski View Post
My predictions on Team Russia 2014:
Zherdev

Kulikov - Markov
Tyutin - Volchenkov
Orlov - Nikitin
Kulyash

Bryzgalov
Varlomov
Bobrovsky
I am sure even more than 99,9% that he will not make a team.

Old
08-22-2012, 05:43 AM
Paxton Fettel

looks very weak on paper

Old
08-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Mr Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton Fettel View Post
looks very weak on paper
I agree with you on that assessment. First two lines can play, after that, either not that good or not yet ready for the big time. Goaltending is in worse shape than ours and the defense is horrid... eks. Oh well, Sochi is fast approaching...we all know crap can happen in a one game winner take all scenario, so there are no guarantees. It will be fun though.

Old
08-28-2012, 06:49 AM
hockeywoot

Anisimov

Kulikov - Markov
Voynov - Volchenkov
Orlov - Emelin
Tyutin

Bryzgalov
Varlomov
Bobrovsky

Old
09-19-2012, 03:33 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Olympic Team:
Ovechkin - Malkin - Radulov
Kovalchuk - Datsyuk - Semin
Yakupov - Burmistrov - Morozov
Kulemin - Kuznetsov - Tarasenko
Zherdev

Kulikov - Markov
Nikitin - Tyutin
Orlov - Voynov
Volchenkov

Varlamov
Bryzgalov
Bobrovsky

Old
09-25-2012, 07:38 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 17 23 View Post
Olympic Team:
Ovechkin - Malkin - Radulov
Kovalchuk - Datsyuk - Semin
Yakupov - Burmistrov - Morozov
Kulemin - Kuznetsov - Tarasenko
Zherdev

Kulikov - Markov
Nikitin - Tyutin
Orlov - Voynov
Volchenkov

Varlamov
Bryzgalov
Bobrovsky
Nikitin is a joke on bigger rinks. Marozov is not anywhere near as good as he was just a couple of years ago, so no chance.

Old
09-27-2012, 04:02 PM
antidotevsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
Nikitin is a joke on bigger rinks. Marozov is not anywhere near as good as he was just a couple of years ago, so no chance.
very funny to see posts those from North America who knows nothing about russian hockey)
Burmistrov can't even get to the WC even not Olympics.
Nikitin Tyutin - no chance for both of them

Old
10-01-2012, 08:55 AM
MaxV

Burmistrov still has upside to improve his offensive game, so it's not out of realm of possibility.

Closed Thread