HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Russia hockey video thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-10-2012, 04:56 PM
  #126
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulle View Post
Agree or Disagree? post your top ten list

I'm close to your rankings, but I would rank the top 10 most skilled as follows:

1. Valery Kharlamov
2. Pavel Datsyuk
3. Sergei Makarov
4. Sergei Fedorov
5. Evgeny Malkin
6. Vyacheslav Fetisov
7. Pavel Bure
8. Aleksandr Mogilny
9. Vladimir Krutov
10. Tie: Aleksei Kovalev/Aleksandr Maltsev

I gave Kharlamov the edge over Datsyuk because of his superior speed, balance and all-around skating ability. I left Ovechkin off because I thought that he fell short of the top 10 in skill, although I would definitely rank him as one of the 10 best Russian players of all-time.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 04:43 AM
  #127
VMBM
Registered User
 
VMBM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
I'm close to your rankings, but I would rank the top 10 most skilled as follows:

1. Valery Kharlamov
2. Pavel Datsyuk
3. Sergei Makarov
4. Sergei Fedorov
5. Evgeny Malkin
6. Vyacheslav Fetisov
7. Pavel Bure
8. Aleksandr Mogilny
9. Vladimir Krutov
10. Tie: Aleksei Kovalev/Aleksandr Maltsev

I gave Kharlamov the edge over Datsyuk because of his superior speed, balance and all-around skating ability. I left Ovechkin off because I thought that he fell short of the top 10 in skill, although I would definitely rank him as one of the 10 best Russian players of all-time.
Fetisov at #6 is an interesting choice. Don't get me wrong, I probably have him #1 Soviet hockey player all-time, but I don't know if he was among the most skilled (talking about dangling, speed, stickhandling etc.).

I like Krutov on the list, even though I bet many have an image of a 'power forward' in their head, when thinking of him. Anyway, great hands, great speed, great 1-on-1 ability.

VMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:02 AM
  #128
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMBM View Post
Fetisov at #6 is an interesting choice. Don't get me wrong, I probably have him #1 Soviet hockey player all-time, but I don't know if he was among the most skilled (talking about dangling, speed, stickhandling etc.).

I like Krutov on the list, even though I bet many have an image of a 'power forward' in their head, when thinking of him. Anyway, great hands, great speed, great 1-on-1 ability.
You wouldn't think a defenseman would normally fall within that group, but I included him because I thought he was a special case. I have a lot of video of him that shows an unusual ability to stickhandle and control the puck while skating at top speed. I realize that his choice is debatable

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 04:13 AM
  #129
kiluj
Registered User
 
kiluj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Samara, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
hehe, I just saw new video from mulle.

kiluj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 11:07 AM
  #130
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiluj View Post
hehe, I just saw new video from mulle.
What can you say? The guy is a complete freak.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 08:38 AM
  #131
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiluj View Post
hehe, I just saw new video from mulle.
Advocaat could have use him in the 2012 Euros

Anyway here is some other video i done:







(You need an North American IP to see this because EMI Music policy)

Hockeysemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 05:13 AM
  #132
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
And some Evgeni Malkin Highlights


Hockeysemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 10:40 AM
  #133
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulle View Post
And some Evgeni Malkin Highlights

Who says Russian forwards won't equal those of other countries in Sochi? There is plenty of explosive talent, as your video clips show. Thanks again, Mulle.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 08:29 AM
  #134
BMann
Registered User
 
BMann's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Watford
Country: England
Posts: 1,166
vCash: 500
Great videos Mulle.

The great Vsevolod Bobrov was an excellent forward as well as ice hockey player too. A bit above Pavel. It's all about co-ordination for him and drills that make him the wonderful player he is.

BMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 05:25 AM
  #135
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Super Serie 2012 Russia Tribute


Hockeysemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 08:14 PM
  #136
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Pavel Bure Canucks highlights


Hockeysemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 06:49 PM
  #137
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Tribute for the upcoming KHL season


Hockeysemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 12:23 PM
  #138
DrPabloRamirez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nevidzany, ZM
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 297
vCash: 500
video: USA 18 - Russia 18

2012 Memorial Ivan Hlinka group game

USA U18 - Russia U18 (2nd period) http://youtu.be/wop_pJuebE4

USA U18 - Russia U18 (3rd period) http://youtu.be/YE-LD1wZxsg

USA U18 - Russia U18 (overtime) http://youtu.be/A3HkbOlwwiM

DrPabloRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 09:07 PM
  #139
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPabloRamirez View Post
2012 Memorial Ivan Hlinka group game

USA U18 - Russia U18 (2nd period) http://youtu.be/wop_pJuebE4

USA U18 - Russia U18 (3rd period) http://youtu.be/YE-LD1wZxsg

USA U18 - Russia U18 (overtime) http://youtu.be/A3HkbOlwwiM
Thanks

Hockeysemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 09:07 PM
  #140
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Another tribute to Russian hockey


Hockeysemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 05:14 AM
  #141
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
I'm close to your rankings, but I would rank the top 10 most skilled as follows:

1. Valery Kharlamov
2. Pavel Datsyuk
3. Sergei Makarov
4. Sergei Fedorov
5. Evgeny Malkin
6. Vyacheslav Fetisov
7. Pavel Bure
8. Aleksandr Mogilny
9. Vladimir Krutov
10. Tie: Aleksei Kovalev/Aleksandr Maltsev

I gave Kharlamov the edge over Datsyuk because of his superior speed, balance and all-around skating ability. I left Ovechkin off because I thought that he fell short of the top 10 in skill, although I would definitely rank him as one of the 10 best Russian players of all-time.
How you guys always manage to forget Bobrov???

1. Vsevolod Bobrov

And Maltsev was waaay better than Kovalev can ever dream to be.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 06:27 PM
  #142
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
14 minutes of Pavel Datsyuk awesomeness


Hockeysemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 04:48 AM
  #143
kiluj
Registered User
 
kiluj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Samara, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Great video.
It would be cool to see a video with his steals&intercepts only.)

kiluj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 04:29 PM
  #144
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
One year since the tragic accident in Yaroslavl, still hard to believe...


Hockeysemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 10:50 AM
  #145
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulle View Post
Advocaat could have use him in the 2012 Euros

Anyway here is some other video i done:







(You need an North American IP to see this because EMI Music policy)
I believe the Capitals released Semin because they couldn't stand the heat. The NA hockey press, for whatever they're worth, adopted him as their whipping boy, and the Capitals caved in to the pressure. Good luck in finding a player that gives them the offensive power that Semin did, unless Kuznetsov decides to come over whenever or if the NHL decides to resume playing.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 10:56 AM
  #146
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
How you guys always manage to forget Bobrov???

1. Vsevolod Bobrov

And Maltsev was waaay better than Kovalev can ever dream to be.
Bobrov played in the 1950's. Its hard to say that he is the greatest Russian hockey player of all time when you consider the level of competition that he played against. Europe hockey overall was comparatively weak in the 1950's, so I will stand by rankings and not include Bobrov among the top 10.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 10:59 PM
  #147
Robotic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 765
vCash: 500
Kovalchuk has to be knocking on door if not top 10...Ovechkin too.

Robotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 12:18 PM
  #148
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiluj View Post
Great video.
It would be cool to see a video with his steals&intercepts only.)
challenge accepted


Hockeysemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 03:24 PM
  #149
Bure
Registered User
 
Bure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulle View Post
challenge accepted

Cool stuff, it's crazy how he can just sneak up and grab the puck with such ease.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 03:44 PM
  #150
kiluj
Registered User
 
kiluj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Samara, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulle View Post
challenge accepted

Great
Thanks!

kiluj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.