HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brandon Prust to Montreal [4 years, $10M]

Old
07-19-2012, 10:32 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I actually do!
You work at Bell?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 11:11 PM
not quite yoda

I do.

we own part of the habs and the leafs

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Takashi

http://www.nhlpa.com/news/headlines/...er-in-montreal

Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Hugo Sham

might be bring back a bit of this

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/53434

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 06:54 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
might be bring back a bit of this

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/53434
These fights sucked.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:16 PM
Takashi

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...t-garder-prust

Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 01:04 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Only in montreal would a brandon prust thread stay alive for 24 days and counting.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 08:13 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Only in montreal would a brandon prust thread stay alive for 24 days and counting.
And somehow this bothers you ?
Personnaly i think this is great news...and long time overdue for a change in the Habs mentallity of being bullied around in the NHL.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 08:21 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
And somehow this bothers you ?
Personnaly i think this is great news...and long time overdue for a change in the Habs mentallity of being bullied around in the NHL.
Prust is a nice player to have but if we are expecting him to turn this team around we are in serious trouble.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 08:26 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Prust is a nice player to have but if we are expecting him to turn this team around we are in serious trouble.
Dont be silly ! Its the START of a new way in Habsland.
Who said he was going to change the Habs all by himself ? You ?

DONT **** WITH THE HABS ! I LOVE IT.

Old
07-25-2012, 08:26 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I forgot there is so much to talk about during the off-season after the draft/first couple weeks of free agency is over..

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 08:33 AM
bhuya71

Quote:
He won't obviously turn the team around but what he provides has a snowball effect.

His toughness (plus Therrien and Bergevin's philosophy) and fearlessness allows for Moen and White to toughen up their games and consequently Armstrong

His pking ability frees up minutes for offensive minded players i.e. Pleks, Gio, Eller.

His style is defined and he fits his role perfectly. No more forwards thrown into limbo i.e. palushaj, darche, etc. who are either not gritty bottom 6 players or are more skill players expected to play a grinder's game

His willingness to protects teammates creates chemistry and a sense of camraderie that goes missing when teammates puss out and don't protect their homies

So ya he may not turn our team around himself but his presence and consequently what it does to our depth chart should at least turn the team's philosophy and character around some more

Now teams will be coming into the Bell Centre facing an insane home crowd and a few tough customers who won't take crap i.e. White, Moen, Armstrong, Prust, Cube... lol I almost forgot we had Cube

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 08:36 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
He won't obviously turn the team around but what he provides has a snowball effect.

His toughness (plus Therrien and Bergevin's philosophy) and fearlessness allows for Moen and White to toughen up their games and consequently Armstrong

His pking ability frees up minutes for offensive minded players i.e. Pleks, Gio, Eller.

His style is defined and he fits his role perfectly. No more forwards thrown into limbo i.e. palushaj, darche, etc. who are either not gritty bottom 6 players or are more skill players expected to play a grinder's game

His willingness to protects teammates creates chemistry and a sense of camraderie that goes missing when teammates puss out and don't protect their homies

So ya he may not turn our team around himself but his presence and consequently what it does to our depth chart should at least turn the team's philosophy and character around some more

Now teams will be coming into the Bell Centre facing an insane home crowd and a few tough customers who won't take crap i.e. White, Moen, Armstrong, Prust, Cube... lol I almost forgot we had Cube
Excellent post lad !!

Old
07-25-2012, 09:07 AM
yianik

Quote:

Absolutely. We often talk about the Bruins and we often get into a debate about whether we are talking about becoming a goon team and questioning whether it works because Bruins players still get dirty hits made on them and so forth. To me, the main thing about Bruins toughness is that since they do have several real tough guys the team has a culture of playing tough. Playing tough isnt primarily about fights, its about hitting the other team hard, going into the corners and the other nasty places on the ice, not shying away from the physical part of the game. Look at Horton, when he was in Florida he was a very good player but I thought he was a bit soft, but after coming to Boston I think he developed into a power forward because he developed a more physical game. Id love to see that in Montreal, where our nucleus of real toughs affects the whole team so that even the smaller guys or players we dont consider tough hit more and harder and dont shy away from the nasty places on the ice but instead throw themselved headlong into them, and yes, not put up with crap from the other team. Then teams playing us will feel the bruises as they mount up during the game and will get tired out from our physical play etc. Having skill is still primary, but a tough physical game can also affect the outcome of games when its added onto having a core of skilled players.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:

And those 5 players give an edge on players like Bourque, Gio, Eller, Plekanec, Emelin, Subban, Gorges who are badasses but who wont fight.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You work at Bell?
Close enough.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 10:13 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
And those 5 players give an edge on players like Bourque, Gio, Eller, Plekanec, Emelin, Subban, Gorges who are badasses but who wont fight.
I think our team toughness is pretty decent, we lack the heavyweight some think are important, but the only guys who play afraid of contact are Kaberle and Diaz right now. No offense to the cube but I wish we got a more physically intimidating defender for that role, Boullion is as tough as anyone but at this point in his career he has to pick his spots.

We aren't going to win pound for pound matchups with say the Bruins but we can't be looking to anyway, I'm more happy we have a ton of heavy hitters who won't back down.

Of course we still lack high end talent but this team can be good at grinding it out if for once the defense stays relatively healthy.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:36 AM
Habitant le colon

Having Prust in our team shall we challenge Eller to be an offensive minded center and Plekanec the checking line center ???

Pacioretty DD Cole
Bourque Eller Gionta

Prust Plekanec Moen : is this can be a shutdown line, swaping Eller and Plekanec once a while to disturb opponent ??

White Gomez Armstrong
Nokelainen

Last edited by Habitant le colon: 07-25-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 10:38 AM
bhuya71

[QUOTE=Et le But;52940287]I think our team toughness is pretty decent, we lack the heavyweight some think are important, but the only guys who play afraid of contact are Kaberle and Diaz right now. No offense to the cube but I wish we got a more physically intimidating defender for that role, Boullion is as tough as anyone but at this point in his career he has to pick his spots.

We aren't going to win pound for pound matchups with say the Bruins but we can't be looking to anyway, I'm more happy we have a ton of heavy hitters who won't back down.

Of course we still lack high end talent but this team can be good at grinding it out if for once the defense stays relatively healthy.[/QUOTE]

With a good system and an elite goalie, this will actually work well for once since we have the players to do so now! Thats how we have done it in the past with our previous conference finals run!

Old
07-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Et le But

Quote:
With a good system and an elite goalie, this will actually work well for once since we have the players to do so now! Thats how we have done it in the past with our previous conference finals run!
Well we are still missing a sniper as effective on form as Cammalleri and a Hamrlik-esque two way minute eater, but I think this team right now could be effective in the playoffs. The problem is getting there...

Old
07-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
Having Prust in our team shall we challenge Eller to be an offensive minded center and Plekanec the checking line center ???

Pacioretty DD Cole
Bourque Eller Gionta

Prust Plekanec Moen : is this can be a shutdown line, swaping Eller and Plekanec once a while to disturb opponent ??

White Gomez Armstrong
Nokelainen
Absolutely not.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Andy

Quote:

Pacioretty DD Cole
Bourque Eller Gionta

White Gomez Armstrong
Nokelainen
Have people on these boards lost their minds? Why the hell would you play Plekanec with two scrubs. This whole toughness, size, character ******** has gotten out of hand in Habs land that they have forgotten about Skill.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 10:54 AM
bhuya71

Quote:
Well we are still missing a sniper as effective on form as Cammalleri and a Hamrlik-esque two way minute eater, but I think this team right now could be effective in the playoffs. The problem is getting there...
Agreed we gotta take the PHX or NSH approach if we want to even sniff a chance at POS and that starts by great coaching, buying in, Carey Pricing, and scoring by committee!

Lets hope the HABS have a great precamp retreat to get some gelling going... personally I would take them all to a strip club and let them get to know their brothers of course that won't work but might as well get them used to the MTL staple

Old
07-25-2012, 12:11 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:

Pacioretty DD Cole
Bourque Eller Gionta

White Gomez Armstrong
Nokelainen
What next, Pacioretty on the fourth line?

Plekanec is the team's most experienced and complete center and last year's poor season should not make us forget he's also a very good scorer. Plekanec had a 69pt season when he was Desharnais' age after all.

Plekanec on the 3rd line is 5m$ spent to shut down opponents and score 30pts while getting criticized and run out of town. Plekanec on the 2nd line with actual good players is 5m$ well spent to shut down opponents and score 50+pts. Its very bad asset management.

If Plekanec plays on the third line its going to be in a few years, he will be great there then, when he's slower due to age and loses his quickness on the offense. Right now he's still at an age when he can put up points and should be given every chances to do so.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Have people on these boards lost their minds? Why the hell would you play Plekanec with two scrubs. This whole toughness, size, character ******** has gotten out of hand in Habs land that they have forgotten about Skill.
Plekanec Moen and Prust have been qualified with defensive skill ... I only said shall we put them together to create a shutdown line to then put Gionta and Bourque with Eller once a while to disturb the opponent ... what is the misspoint of that ? we have a holy damned defensive team can we just explore some aspect of it ... Moen and Prust ; named them scrubs if you wish so but they bith can keep away the opponent from scoring ! Plekanec is an ELITE DEFENDER and a great passman but i do think that we will have to use his defensive skill unless one of Gionta or Bourque became a scoring fury sniper a la Cammalleri !!

Pacioretty DD Cole won,t move as for the bottom foward it would be somewhere around Armstrong White Gomez (yeah he will play : DARN) and Nokelainen and Blunden (perhaps Geoffrion too)

So it left : Bourque Gionta / Prust Moen between one of Eller or Plekanec ... if we are in transition mode we have to test both combination to see what happen and succed for the team sake not for the player rank !!

Last edited by Habitant le colon: 07-25-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote