HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Chicago Sports Thread X: Ventura costs Sox another

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2012, 04:28 PM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
what a waste of those awesome jerseys for a team that's going to be awfully mediocre until rose comes back near 100%.

Old
07-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Illinihockey

Gordon Wittenmyer ‏@GDubCub
Dempster says would prefer more options (read Dodgers)

Paul Sullivan ‏@PWSullivan
Dempster says he’s considering his “options,” and will take his time to make a decision. Sez Cubs did not “blindside” him, but media did.

Demp: “I have a pretty good idea of where I want to go.” Wouldn’t discuss Braves/LA. Willing to take til deadline to decide.

Old
07-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Really?

Mohammed < Asik
Gibson now > Gibson then
Butler now > Brewer
Teague > Lucas
Hinrich > Watson
Belinelli > Korver
Radmonovic > Scalabrine ()

The only place the Bulls downgraded their bench at was the backup center position. The offense will not suffer at all, and the Bulls' system will still enable them to bring tremendous effort and execution to the defensive end of the floor every night.

Once Rose is back, they are going to make a run. It's going to be a Bulls/Heat ECF.
Gibson now > Gibson then - probably about the same
Butler now > Brewer - not true at all
Teague > Lucas - Teague replaces Watson not Lucas at least until Rose comes back
Hinrich > Watson - Hinrich isn't better than Watson
Belinelli > Korver - no, he's not. Not even close to as good of a shooter

Old
07-24-2012, 04:40 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Gordon Wittenmyer ‏@GDubCub
Dempster says would prefer more options (read Dodgers)

Dempster says he’s considering his “options,” and will take his time to make a decision. Sez Cubs did not “blindside” him, but media did.

Demp: “I have a pretty good idea of where I want to go.” Wouldn’t discuss Braves/LA. Willing to take til deadline to decide.
If I'm the Braves, I pull the offer and say F you, Dempster. If you're not sure by now, we don't want you around our club with that attitude.

Last edited by RayP: 07-25-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old
07-24-2012, 04:56 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Really?

Mohammed < Asik
Gibson now > Gibson then
Butler now > Brewer
Teague > Lucas
Hinrich > Watson
Belinelli > Korver
Radmonovic > Scalabrine ()

The only place the Bulls downgraded their bench at was the backup center position. The offense will not suffer at all, and the Bulls' system will still enable them to bring tremendous effort and execution to the defensive end of the floor every night.

Once Rose is back, they are going to make a run. It's going to be a Bulls/Heat ECF.
Backup PG:
Hinrich > Watson

That's true. Unfortunately, Hinrich is the Starter next year. I was never a big Watson fan though so I was glad to see him go.

Backup SG:
Butler < Brewer

Brewer is the much more experienced player who has shown great success in shutting down good offensive players. Butler shoots about as poorly and I don't think has the same athleticism as Brewer does. Butler probably has Brewer's ceiling but Brewer is there now.

Backup SG/SF:
Belinelli = Korver

Belinelli hasn't done much. He started on a terrible team so he was able to put up some points but he is not a very efficient scorer like you would like coming off the bench. He doesn't shoot open threes nearly as well as Korver but hopefully he can be a little better at the defensive end.

Backup PF:
Taj = Taj

Gibson had a great year last year. He's probably at his peak. He's not really all that young (turned 27 in June) so I wouldn't count on any significant improvement.

Backup C:
Milic < Asik

This is definitely the biggest loss of them all. Asik statistically was one of the best defensive Centers in the league last year. Darko is a marginal, recently Amnestied player who will probably be back in Serbia in a year or two.

Teague is a 29th overall pick. So there's a chance he never does anything of note in the NBA. Remember 2011's 29th overall pick? PG Cory Joseph? Of course not. Most 29th picks don't do anything. Lucas at least played his way into the NBA- securing himself a nice contract so you gotta give him that.

I really don't care about 12th man. Losing Brewer and Asik is going to hurt. Our 2nd unit could come in and bring great defensive play with those two plus Gibson and Deng usually being on the court with them. I don't think their replacements will give us the same defensive presence that made the Bulls so tough to play against.

I understand though that the Bulls are gearing up for 2013 Free Agency, so let's hope we can get a big fish then. As for this year, lost cause, hopefully they can play their way into a low playoff seed and we'll see what happens.

Old
07-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Illinihockey

The Bulls aren't going to have free agent money next year, not sure where people are getting this. It will be 2014 when Deng comes off the books that they'll have cap space.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:21 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Quote:
The Bulls will wear their 90s black alternate with the red pinstripes this year!
I'm going to customize a Jordan one.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:24 PM
RayP

Should have gone back to the one thats in cursive. That was a classic jersey.

Last edited by RayP: 07-24-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old
07-24-2012, 10:19 PM
RayP

Pirates got Wandy without giving up anything notable, and the Astros are picking up 13.3M of the remaining 30M he is owed. I like that deal a lot for them. Wandy is pretty underrated, and should only improve in that park, as righties won't have the short porch to take advantage of against him.

Old
07-24-2012, 11:12 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Should have gone back to the one it's cursive. That was a classic jersey.
I have a Jordan one of those.

Old
07-24-2012, 11:20 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

^ me too. Was a hand-me-down from my cousin.

I guess all the throwbacks for next year are 90s jerseys, so unfortunately it wasn't an option.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:10 AM
RayP

Dodgers get Hanley and Choate for Nathan Eovaldi.

Great deal for LA if you ask me. If a change of scenery and new lead voice is what he needed, they will have a great offense. If they can get a Garza, Dempster, or someone similar... they'll be legit WS contenders.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:15 AM
RayP

Quote:
If I'm the Braves, I pull the offer and say F you, Dempster. If you're not sure by now, we don't want you around our club with that attitude.
If you haven't seen already, Wren said he is moving on from a Dempster deal... I have always loved Dempster, but we just got hosed out of a great prospect because of him being indecisive even after he said he'd be ok with the Braves. It's really leaving a very bitter taste for me, to be honest.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:26 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Robbery for the Dodgers, couldn't believe it when I heard it. I still can't.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Illinihockey

Hammels off the market, increases demand for Garza

Dodgers trade one of their best young pitchers for Hanley Ramirez

Braves trade for Dempster is officially dead. I hope your arm falls off today Ryan. Its officially Allen Webster or bust for Dempster.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:

Great deal for LA if you ask me. If a change of scenery and new lead voice is what he needed, they will have a great offense. If they can get a Garza, Dempster, or someone similar... they'll be legit WS contenders.
Its a good gamble for the Dodgers but Hanley is no longer a sure thing. He's been bad the past 2 seasons.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:36 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Its a good gamble for the Dodgers but Hanley is no longer a sure thing. He's been bad the past 2 seasons.
Even while bad, he's still an above average hitter at either SS or 3rd. And the Dodgers have been playing garbage at both positions all year. This makes them a lot better, and that is without Hram snapping out of it. If he does, wow.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:40 AM
RayP

Quote:
It's definitely a gamble, but few in the league are as talented as Hanley. Sometimes a change of scenery and new voice can do wonders. I have nothing to base this off of, but with a similar skill set to Kemp, I can see the two really clicking together and having a great time while playing great.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:41 AM
RayP

Get LaHair playing 3B today, so they can trade him to New York to fill in for A. Rodriguez.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Illinihockey

I'm beside myself about this Dempster thing. I know its his right but man did he screw the Cubs.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:44 AM
RayP

Quote:
I'm beside myself about this Dempster thing. I know its his right but man did he screw the Cubs.
Same here, it really is irritating. Honestly, with a bush move like that, I'm not sure I'd welcome him back next year even if he wanted (which I think he did)... **** him after this, I'm pissed.

Olney is reporting that the Dodgers are "increasingly confident" they'll be able to get Dempster. Well yeah, no ****, he said he'd prefer the Dodgers or Braves, and then said no to the Braves after a deal was in place. They'll practically get him for free at this point.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:50 AM
digdug41982

Yeah, I'm not as mad about Dempster because I never got my hopes up that he was going to waive his NTC. BUT, after this, his career as a Cub should be over for the simple fact that we want winners here, not losers. If he couldn't see adding a good young starting pitcher to the rotation was going to make the team better now and in the future then he isn't on board with the plan. See ya.

Old
07-25-2012, 11:00 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Yeah, I'm not as mad about Dempster because I never got my hopes up that he was going to waive his NTC. BUT, after this, his career as a Cub should be over for the simple fact that we want winners here, not losers. If he couldn't see adding a good young starting pitcher to the rotation was going to make the team better now and in the future then he isn't on board with the plan. See ya.
Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly, but he did say he would waive his NTC for both the Dodgers AND the Braves.

Old
07-25-2012, 11:02 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly, but he did say he would waive his NTC for both the Dodgers AND the Braves.
Well yeah, that is true. I guess I should be mad that he said that and I am, just not as much as others because i was honestly surprised he even came out and said that. Coming into the season, I thought there was zero chance he'd waive the NTC. I don't know what his deal is but he has made it clear that he doesn't want to be a part of making the Cubs a winner.

Old
07-25-2012, 11:06 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Well yeah, that is true. I guess I should be mad that he said that and I am, just not as much as others because i was honestly surprised he even came out and said that. Coming into the season, I thought there was zero chance he'd waive the NTC. I don't know what his deal is but he has made it clear that he doesn't want to be a part of making the Cubs a winner.
I would have been perfectly fine if he never said he'd be willing to be moved to a contender, and stayed with us all season. It's just so damn irritating that he said yeah, you can move me for prospects, and yeah the Braves are fine with me... Then to only say, nah, I changed my mind, when his stamp is needed to finalize a deal. A deal that would have been incredible for the Cubs no less.

Closed Thread