HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bernier has asked for a trade.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
He's just piggy backing off of what local Toronto and Columbus have tweeted in regards to Bernier.

http://twitter.com/Berger_BYTES/stat...39898836004864

http://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/226651056162082816
I think you are right as well as others...Eklund is ****ing useless. Unfollow.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Shellz

That tweet is just as useless.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
That tweet is just as useless.
Dreger just tweeted that Burke has not been in discussions with LA.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Yes, he is not quoting an "anonymous source" or even saying he "is hearing rumors." Dreger actually quoted Burke as saying he has not been talking to L.A. about Bernier.

That carries a lot of weight in my book. (Well, unless Burke says Dreger is full of **** and he never talked to him.)

Old
07-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Shellz

GMs lie...its not the first time.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:21 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont View Post
dreger just tweeted that the leafs aren't even chatting with LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Yes, he is not quoting an "anonymous source" or even saying he "is hearing rumors." Dreger actually quoted Burke as saying he has not been talking to L.A. about Bernier.

That carries a lot of weight in my book. (Well, unless Burke says Dreger is full of **** and he never talked to him.)
Dreger is the least inside of all the 'insiders' up here in my opinion, especially for the TSN crew. Usually, he just repeats what Bob tells him. He breaks the odd deal, but usually lower end ones, not the bigger stuff, which is something a Bernier deal would be.

Besdies, Burke's done that before where he'll tell a reporter he's not doing this or that, then turn around and do the opposite.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
He's also played the last two years in New Jersey, so i assume he's settled in there with family, and has a guaranteed two more years in New Jersey to boot, plus he's played 61 total games the past two years, which is a lot more than Bernier's 41. Additionally, with Broduer now 40 years old, he'll likely need a lot more rest than a 25 year old Jonathan Quick. Where do you think Hedberg gets to play more?

Additionally, Hedberg was a UFA this year. He resigned with New Jersey on July 2nd, so clearly he feels the best place is New Jersey and took a NTC to guarantee it.

Doesn't shock me at all that Hedberg would remain in New Jersey.
I feel like I should expand on this. He moved his family to NJ this offseason, even though it's been two years. He had to be absolutely sure before he did anything, which is why I think - no, I'm sure - he wouldn't waive.

Ilkka Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Dreger is the least inside of all the 'insiders' up here in my opinion, especially for the TSN crew. Usually, he just repeats what Bob tells him. He breaks the odd deal, but usually lower end ones, not the bigger stuff, which is something a Bernier deal would be.

Besdies, Burke's done that before where he'll tell a reporter he's not doing this or that, then turn around and do the opposite.
Perhaps, but I'm following McKenzie as well and he's busy tweeting about wine and rock bands lately.

If someone has a direct source, it most definitely is worth posting here. I am not going to assume Burke lies every time he opens his mouth.

Old
07-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Perro

Quote:

I don't think to anyone other than king's fans the potential Bernier trade will be considered a "blockbuster". Seens like the type of trade Dreger could break.
All i know is he has an inside track on me and most on here, I'll take his word.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 12:17 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:

Wasn't it last week or so that it was being widely reported that they had talked, and that Burke offered Kumelin, and DL said Frattin and they walked away?

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:

I think him breaking the Weber offer sheet was pretty big. He knows his stuff.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Eklund an insider......

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:04 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I think him breaking the Weber offer sheet was pretty big. He knows his stuff.
Dreger is definitely big and he's broken lots of stories and deals. If he has been told by Burke that LA and the Leafs haven't spoken, I believe Dreger. I even believe Burke is telling him the truth!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 05:25 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Will JB end up going to Isles or the Oilers when the deal goes down?

I don't believe the Oiler rumors but the Isles?

We should hang on to him until the deadline but who knows.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 05:44 PM
KingCanadain1976

Heres my take of what i think is going on. The leafs want to go after a top center as well as get goalie help. The players van wants for loungo are some of the same ones they want for rumoured to be Ryan Getzlaf. The leafs think if they can get bernier it would be for players ducks dont want. The rumours were they offered frattin and a 3rd. Dean is holding out for a 1st The leafs countered with a 2nd I think dean was thinking it over Now with blue jackets entering with a offer ( just my guess but i think its either nyr 1st or la 1st back our choice with mason ) which is a better offer. I think theres no way burke wants to give up a frist So i think burke may counter with another prospect. I think dean knows bb is out on loungo now in the drivers seat wants the frist. just my opinion hoping bj up this again i like the idea of him going there alot more then the leafs

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Will JB end up going to Isles or the Oilers when the deal goes down?

I don't believe the Oiler rumors but the Isles?

We should hang on to him until the deadline but who knows.
Haven't heard anything from those two teams. It's been all Columbus or Toronto. What'd you hear?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 07:56 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Haven't heard anything from those two teams. It's been all Columbus or Toronto. What'd you hear?
I had heard that the Isles have taken a big interest in JB and Clifford. I haven't heard what and really didn't put much stock into it. They seem like a poor fit to me but there you go. I haven't read anything from the Isles so it could just be smoke.

I have heard that Edm wants JB but that isn't a secret. I heard that about two weeks ago so there must not be much to it. I have been real busy so I am not around much so both rumors probably don't mean too much. I thought that they must have made the rounds already.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
How do you figure. The difference in Bernier and Hedberg's cap hit is 150k. LA currentl yhas 7mil in cap space according to capgeek. Soo how much are you plannign on paying doan?
I think us landing Doan is a long shot but if it does hinder that the njust wait till he officially joins this list of players who have blown the kings off before making the trade.
This is my bad, I thought he was paid in the 3 mil range for some reason. I like Doan on the team but I really don't want him on a rival team in the west.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:13 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Dreger is definitely big and he's broken lots of stories and deals. If he has been told by Burke that LA and the Leafs haven't spoken, I believe Dreger. I even believe Burke is telling him the truth!
It's not that we don't believe Dreger like we disbelieve Eklund, we just don't believe Burke!

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:59 PM
johnjm22

Burke is pretty straight forward and honest. If he says he's not talking with LA, then I believe him.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 12:10 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Burke is pretty straight forward and honest. If he says he's not talking with LA, then I believe him.
He's too honest for his own good.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:20 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Perhaps, but I'm following McKenzie as well and he's busy tweeting about wine and rock bands lately.

If someone has a direct source, it most definitely is worth posting here. I am not going to assume Burke lies every time he opens his mouth.
I'm not going to assume he tells the truth all the time either. Burke likes to play poker and will use the media to do it if he feels fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I don't think to anyone other than king's fans the potential Bernier trade will be considered a "blockbuster". Seens like the type of trade Dreger could break.
All i know is he has an inside track on me and most on here, I'll take his word.
I didn't say 'blockbuster' either, but I'd consider a deal which could involve a 1st round pick as a decent sized one. Dreger usually has little to do with 'breaking' those. He may have broken the Weber signing as LITN said (I don't recall who broke it so I'll take his word on it) but that's more the exception, not the norm.

I've seen a lot of Dreger on Sportsnet and now TSN. He talks in very general terms and rarely says anything shocking. If he broke a big story once, good for him, but IIRC, so did Eklund.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:34 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Quote:
Just like Morgan Rielly was the highest rated player in the draft, and Kadri is who they were targeting the whole time....

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 03:49 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
To add to that, Burke would usually lend a "no comment" or "I don't comment on rumors" if anything is remotely true. If it is an all out lie, he's a straight shooter and will say so.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 08:48 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
I'm not going to assume he tells the truth all the time either. Burke likes to play poker and will use the media to do it if he feels fit.

I didn't say 'blockbuster' either, but I'd consider a deal which could involve a 1st round pick as a decent sized one. Dreger usually has little to do with 'breaking' those. He may have broken the Weber signing as LITN said (I don't recall who broke it so I'll take his word on it) but that's more the exception, not the norm.

I've seen a lot of Dreger on Sportsnet and now TSN. He talks in very general terms and rarely says anything shocking. If he broke a big story once, good for him, but IIRC, so did Eklund.
That's exactly what he should do and that's what gives guys like Dreger, McKenzie, Friedman and a few others credibility. They are cautious with what they put out there instead of going for sensationalism and skewing their information.