HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Thomas Greiss

Old
07-24-2012, 01:27 PM
LeeIFBB

vCash: 500
I forgot how much we everyone loves Greiss. Or maybe it's how much everyone hates Niemi?

Both leave a lot to be desired.

LeeIFBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 01:43 PM
pappaf2

I would love to see Greiss get more starts this year. The guy has some skills and I think if he gets the chance to start more than just a couple games he'd do well. Watching Nemo's inability to control the puck make me want to hurl.

pappaf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Dicdonya

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohosaregood View Post
You gave me an instant reminder of the goal he let in while he was doing his crab walk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pJ57Nkpn9Q at 1:52

This one?

Dicdonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeIFBB View Post
I forgot how much we everyone loves Greiss. Or maybe it's how much everyone hates Niemi?

Both leave a lot to be desired.
Most of it stems from how both goalies are misused to an extent. Niemi is overworked and Greiss is underworked. Niemi will continue to start during struggles and Greiss will sit regardless of his performance level after a start. Greiss has more skills as a goalie than Niemi but Nemo has pretty much the perfect mentality for a goalie that somewhat makes up for his deficiencies in his skills.

If anything, the numbers from both goalies last year should give Greiss more opportunities than he got this past season. That should help both goalies since Niemi will be better served to start fewer games overall by about a dozen. Greiss should be seeing every third game throughout the season.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:08 AM
sharski

^I honestly hope DW and TMac have had long discussions on what the hell Tmac is doing with his goalie starts

unless Greiss is the best faceoff charter in the history of the game, I don't see how TMac doesn't see that Greiss deserves ~10 more starts/season

sharski is offline   Reply With Quote