HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

2012 Minnesota #4 Prospect

View Poll Results: Who is the #4 Minnesota Wild Prospect?
Brett Bulmer 4 3.10%
Raphael Bussieres 0 0%
Tyler Cuma 1 0.78%
John Draeger 0 0%
Mathew Dumba 64 49.61%
Adam Gilmour 0 0%
Matt Hackett 6 4.65%
Erik Haula 0 0%
Steven Kampfer 0 0%
Darcy Kuemper 0 0%
Johan Larsson 33 25.58%
Mario Lucia 0 0%
Zack Phillips 3 2.33%
Jason Zucker 18 13.95%
Other (please explain) 0 0%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-24-2012, 10:58 PM
  #101
JamesRanger
Registered User
 
JamesRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Plymouth
Country: United States
Posts: 711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeNachos View Post
IMO above average dmen and forwards are a lot easier to come by these days than a goalie.
I disagree. We picked up Theodre for nothing two years ago. You simply don't pick up skaters like that for nothing in FA.

JamesRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 11:23 PM
  #102
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,858
vCash: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRanger View Post
I disagree. We picked up Theodre for nothing two years ago. You simply don't pick up skaters like that for nothing in FA.
Jose is not above average, he posted best numbers of his career here since like 00-01.

Foxlockbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 12:01 AM
  #103
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,257
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxlockbox View Post
Jose is not above average, he posted best numbers of his career here since like 00-01.
didn't he win an award at some point, though? Then suck immediately afterward? Goalies. Can't trust em.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 12:23 AM
  #104
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,858
vCash: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
didn't he win an award at some point, though? Then suck immediately afterward? Goalies. Can't trust em.
Yeah I remembered wrong his Vezina season was 01-02.

Foxlockbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 12:24 AM
  #105
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 500
Bussieres seems to be the most underrated prospect, i think he was a steel in the second round.

WildFinn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 12:26 AM
  #106
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,858
vCash: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFinn View Post
Bussieres seems to be the most underrated prospect, i think he was a steel in the second round.
I'd say underrated if he doesn't go somewhere around 8-10, but bringing him up at this point is silly, no way he is ahead of anybody in the titanium top 8.

edit: Scrap that he won't go before 10-12 and that just speaks something about our prospect pool.

Foxlockbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 01:11 AM
  #107
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic
 
Jaykay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFinn View Post
Bussieres seems to be the most underrated prospect, i think he was a steel in the second round.
I don't know if I'd call him a second round steal, but good pick? probably.

Jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 07:20 AM
  #108
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3
 
SphinX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxlockbox View Post
Yeah I remembered wrong his Vezina season was 01-02.
He got the Hart that year aswell.

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 07:42 AM
  #109
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,858
vCash: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
He got the Hart that year aswell.
Still 10 years later he was and is below average goalie.

Foxlockbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 07:53 AM
  #110
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3
 
SphinX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxlockbox View Post
Still 10 years later he was and is below average goalie.
No doubt.

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 10:50 AM
  #111
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 13,296
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeNachos View Post
I voted for Hackett solely on the premis that decent goalies are hard to come by these days and its nice to know we have a plan for the future.
I have the exact opposite view on goaltending. It's not like 20-30 years ago, where only a select few were truly quality goaltenders... You can find a decent goalie now in so many ways it's crazy. Sure it's a position of importance, but it's no longer a position of much value.

TaLoN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:10 AM
  #112
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
I think a lot is lost in translation between the pro-goalie and anti-goalie camps. I'd have to say that what the pro-goalie camp usually says is the right reasons for the wrong conclusion while the anti-goalie people have the right answer for all the wrong reasons. Ultimately, there still are elite talents in net that are just better than what other teams can hope to have. These goalies are capable of stealing games on their own and as an individual are quite rare and valuable to have. However, the difference between an elite goalie and a decent goalie isn't what it used to be. Maybe a decent goalie gives up bad goals on occasion, maybe they don't steal a game when the rest of the team is slacking, maybe they have slightly worse stats than those elite guys. However, those decent goalies are still pretty good. They're not consistently a liability. You're not winning because of that decent goalie, but you're also not winning in spite of him. But there's a ton of those decent goalies. Almost every team has at least a decent goalie on the roster. He's a guy that's good enough.

The reason why goalies aren't exactly hugely valuable is because almost everyone has one (or can get a passable one) and each team only has room for one starter at the position. Even the starter/backup system itself encourages this behavior. This offseason is a bit of an anomaly in goalie values as there's more teams than usual who need goalies while the supply is pretty weak this year. Most years there's a guy like Theodore who is simply out of a job because no one still needs a goalie right now, and not because he's some horrible liability.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:29 AM
  #113
Generic User
Dynamic as they come
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 6,575
vCash: 500
Voting Zucker until he isn't an option anymore. Though Johan, Hackett and Dumba are close for me. I am assuming Johan and Dumba get ranked before Zucker though.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:32 AM
  #114
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Voting Zucker until he isn't an option anymore. Though Johan, Hackett and Dumba are close for me. I am assuming Johan and Dumba get ranked before Zucker though.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I know where my Dumba vote is turning next poll.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:42 AM
  #115
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 9,836
vCash: 500
^^ Guessing Phillips

Yeah, those 63 Dumba votes can go any one of 5 different places now.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:51 AM
  #116
LemaireisGOD
Registered User
 
LemaireisGOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nowhere, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 728
vCash: 500
Hackett...

I think he's the most NHL ready goaltender we have, and I don't think he's that far off. That's no slight to Dumba, Zucker or Bulmer; but I think Hackett is at the very least above average and I'm still not sure the others are going to really be able to shine at the NHL level.

LemaireisGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 01:48 PM
  #117
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,257
vCash: 50
know who was supposed to be elite? the monster.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.