All Purpose Trades/UFA/Roster Discussion Thread (Happy DVM?) Part III

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2012, 09:47 AM
airforceones25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
"... part of deal." surely means it's Ryan+ for Couturier.
Ryan + Sbisa for Couturier and a pair of Schenn's lol

The universe will explode.

Old
07-25-2012, 09:49 AM
Emerald Duck

Almost every Flyer proposal includes the same pieces: Read, Mezsaros and either a pick or prospect like Cousins or Laughton. Even Voracek seems off the table these days.

If Matt Read as a 25-yr old rookie has so much value and upside, then why do Flyer fans keep trying to move him in a trade ? You'd think he could be their future #2C when Briere moves on (either Read or Schenn), and Couts could be the prime piece to get a bona-fide 1st line winger to play with Giroux (whether Ryan or someone else). If Read was a 20 yr old rookie coming off a 20 goal campaign, then Philly wouldn't want to trade him either. Who knows for sure if his rookie campaign was just the beginning for what he can do or a career highlight when he's out of the league in a couple of years ?

Last time I checked, Philly's problem wasn't scoring goals, it was trying to improve on the blueline to help Bryz. While I'm happy that Nashville was able to keep Weber, why would Philly want to trade Mez, who they insist is a young top 4 dman on most teams ?

Instead of packaging a 3/4C, 4/5D coming off back surgery and a pick/prospect together that may or may not pan out, buffing it up, and hoping it lands a top line forward under contract for multiple years, Philly should consider moving Couts+ a smaller piece and get the type of player they think they need to compete with NYR and Pitt today.

I understand why Philly fans want to move quantity for quality, but why they expect us to happily provide our own lube is hilarious. At least admit that we don't make good trading partners and move along. It feels like we're just talking with displaced Maple Leaf fans hoping that the winters are a little milder in Philly

Old
07-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDucky View Post
How about

To Anaheim:
LEAFSTROLL

To Toronto:
Exit Dose
Ducks DVM

I'm on a 35+ contract. Nobody's gonna trade for that cap hit.

Old
07-25-2012, 11:10 AM
duxfan8

I read a good tweet this morning from Dan Rosen:
Quote:
The Flyers have swung and missed at Weber, Nash, Suter and Parise. They still have eyes on Doan and Ryan. They can't go 0-for-6, right?
If they keep cheaping out on offers for good players, they will go 0 for 6 (or 1 for 6 if Doan signs). They will eventually have to pay up. Couts has to be available if B. Schenn is not. If we deal Bobby for anything like what Columbus got, I'll be really upset

Old
07-25-2012, 11:13 AM
mightyquack
Reverse Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDucky View Post
How about

To Anaheim:
LEAFSTROLL

To Toronto:
Exit Dose
Ducks DVM

If Exit Dose leaves, I leave

Old
07-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Jesus Teemu

I have faith in Murray here. He really hasn't done too badly with trades imo.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:31 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfan8 View Post
I read a good tweet this morning from Dan Rosen:

If they keep cheaping out on offers for good players, they will go 0 for 6 (or 1 for 6 if Doan signs). They will eventually have to pay up. Couts has to be available if B. Schenn is not. If we deal Bobby for anything like what Columbus got, I'll be really upset
Philadelphia could've used Suter or Weber more than anybody.

If they didn't offer up guys like Couturier and Schenn for Weber, they sure as hell won't for Ryan. They don't have to make a move. They have an extremely talented, and more importantly young corps.

As far as dealing Bobby goes, he won't be dealt. If he is dealt, it's because someone felt the pressure to overpay and offer up a second-line center, a middle-six winger, and a high draft pick or a solid prospect.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

As I've said before, I prefer keeping Ryan ans seeing if Bonino and/or Holland can do the job. Its why we have a farm system and now have two guys knocking on the door. So, I'm good if nothing ever happens with Ryan.

But if BM thinks he has to deal now then he better hold out for top dollar. If the Flyers don't like it then too bad. We aren't their farm team.

Old
07-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Emerald Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
As I've said before, I prefer keeping Ryan ans seeing if Bonino and/or Holland can do the job. Its why we have a farm system and now have two guys knocking on the door. So, I'm good if nothing ever happens with Ryan.

But if BM thinks he has to deal now then he better hold out for top dollar. If the Flyers don't like it then too bad. We aren't their farm team.
LOL I agree 100% !!!

Old
07-25-2012, 01:49 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Ryan + Sbisa for Couturier and a pair of Schenn's lol

The universe will explode.

Schenn+Schenn+Couturier

for Ryan+Sbisa?

I'm a big fan of Bobby and Luca but I think I'd give this one my stamp of approval.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:09 PM
gradeAducksfan

Do you guys/girls really think the Ducks have a team that can be a contender next year?

Thoughts please....

Old
07-25-2012, 02:18 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradeAducksfan View Post
Do you guys/girls really think the Ducks have a team that can be a contender next year?

Thoughts please....
As long as RPG bounces back to being the top players in the game and Hiller is on his game from the start, I'd be willing to put money on the Ducks making the playoffs.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Jesus Teemu

I don't think they're a playoff team unless they get big contributions from the younger players.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Nab77

Quote:

Thoughts please....
With 3 youngsters in the top 6, no.

Old
07-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:

Thoughts please....
The current lineup is:

DSP-Getz-Perry
Cogs-Koivu-Selanne
Ryan-Bonino-Palmieri
Winnik-Holland-Staubitz
Beleskey

Beauchemin-Fowler
Sbisa-Allen
Lydman-Souray
Guenin

Hiller
Fasth

I'd put us somewhere between 7-11. basically we are currently a very mediocre team with a decent shot at playoffs. No way in hell we would get past 1 round of playoffs though. Another 2nd line center would make us a lock for the playoffs and adding a 2nd line center + a top six winger makes us a contender IMO.

My wish: trade Lydman as part of a package for Malone or sign Doan (but Doan is almost definitely not happening).

Trade Cogs and picks/prospects to Columbus for Brassard.

Malone-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Brassard-Palmieri
DSP-Koivu-Selanne
Winnik-Bonino-Beleskey/Staubitz

Beauchemin-Fowler
Sbisa-Allen
Lindholm/Vatanen-Souray
Guenin

If fowler or Sbisa can take another step, that's a contending roster IMO.

Old
07-25-2012, 03:22 PM
mightyquack
Reverse Tank

I'd say very mediocre is a bit harsh on the team tbh. Yes our top 6 could be better, but we have a good d corps and some forwards who are capable of scoring points [Getz, Perry, Ryan, Teemu and to a lesser extent Saku]. If some of our younger players like Bonino, Palmieri and DSP continue their development we're in a good position, especially if Hiller is at 100% not a top contender, but a good solid team.

Old
07-25-2012, 03:28 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Who knows what'll happen if we made the playoffs. The slate is wiped clean. I'd say we are a playoff team though.

Old
07-25-2012, 03:38 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Contender, no. Possible playoff team.

Old
07-25-2012, 04:30 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

It all depends on our younger pieces imo. Difficult to say how DSP, Palmieri, Bonino, (Holland), (Etem) will do it. We also need Hiller close to Vezina calibre like pre-allstarbreak in 2010/11.

Our defense should be way better this year.

Old
07-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Duck View Post
Almost every Flyer proposal includes the same pieces: Read, Mezsaros and either a pick or prospect like Cousins or Laughton. Even Voracek seems off the table these days.
Read, Mezsaros and a pick is the new Ryder, Halak and a 2nd that used to get thrown around here everytime Habs fans wanted to trade for somebody. Most reasonable Flyers fans realize there won't be a deal without Schenn or Couturier but the ones on the trade forums can't seem to get it through their heads.

Old
07-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Paul4587

Quote:

Thoughts please....
With the current lineup we could finish anywhere between 5th and 13th again. It depends on how the bounces go this year, in 10-11 we had career years from virtually everyone and last year we had the opposite. If I were to guess I'd say we'll be competing for a late playoff spot.

Old
07-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I can actually understand Philly fans not wanting to part with either of them for Ryan. Last year Schenn was seen by some as the best prospect not in the NHL. And Couturier had spent large portions of his pre-draft time as the presumptive #1. So there's a lot of potential upside.

But there's this strange selective hearing going on. They quote Philly sources stating that Holmgren is not willing to part with Schenn or Couturier. OTH, there's also Philly sources (not sure if same or other) saying that Murray is insisting on one of those two. As well as multiple sources from around the country regarding other teams that the centerpiece for Ryan is always a young center.

So how can they conclude that Murray will accept packages around defensemen, wingers, and picks? If you take some Philly sources as gospel that those two are non-starters, why don't you also take as gospel that a Ryan trade will require a center?
The last time Couturier was considered the consensus #1 heading for the 2011 draft was before the 2010-2011 season started. It's always been a huge myth that he had a Fowler-esque fall, he fell steadily all year long and then dropped two spots from his consensus pre-draft ranking. There's obviously tons of upside with him still, but their love for those two does border on ridiculous. Flyers fans wouldn't have traded the both of them for Shea Weber, which I would've in a heartbeat. And they think either is more valuable than Ryan, which is just as ridiculous.

And they don't listen to that because Flyers fans live in their own world. There was a guy who posted 6 or 7 spreadsheets that "proved" why the Preds couldn't match. And obviously we see the rest in Ryan threads.

Old
07-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I can actually understand Philly fans not wanting to part with either of them for Ryan. Last year Schenn was seen by some as the best prospect not in the NHL. And Couturier had spent large portions of his pre-draft time as the presumptive #1. So there's a lot of potential upside.

But there's this strange selective hearing going on. They quote Philly sources stating that Holmgren is not willing to part with Schenn or Couturier. OTH, there's also Philly sources (not sure if same or other) saying that Murray is insisting on one of those two. As well as multiple sources from around the country regarding other teams that the centerpiece for Ryan is always a young center.

So how can they conclude that Murray will accept packages around defensemen, wingers, and picks? If you take some Philly sources as gospel that those two are non-starters, why don't you also take as gospel that a Ryan trade will require a center?
Because they still want their shiny new toy. Accepting that they can't get it without giving up one of Schenn or Couturier means they don't get that toy at all.

Old
07-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Schenn+Schenn+Couturier

for Ryan+Sbisa?

I'm a big fan of Bobby and Luca but I think I'd give this one my stamp of approval.
It's a terrible deal for Philadelphia.

Old
07-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

According to some guy named Carchidi (don't know how reliable he is), Murray was asking for Schenn and Courts. Lol sweet.

Closed Thread