HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash+S. Delisle+cond. 3rd to NYR for Dubinsky+Anisimov+Erixon+2013 1st (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
a NMC is the same thing as a NTC with 1 big exception...in a NMC you can NOT be sent to the minors without your permission, in a NTC you CAN.
Okay, I know where to go with my questions in the future. Thanks!

Old
07-25-2012, 02:03 PM
GamerZX101

I love guys who want to be here. Nash can be an all-time Rangers great.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

My man! Sammy!

Old
07-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Rangerfans

Mitchell >>>> Nash

Since he has such a high % in puck possession.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

I want the press conference already!!

Last edited by Tony D63: 07-25-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old
07-25-2012, 02:07 PM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Quote:
Nash did NOT publicize that he wanted out. First it was rumored that Nash was available for the right price. Everyone just assumed that Howson wanted to rebuild. Then HOWSON goes on TV and tells the world that Rick Nash asked for a trade a month or 2 ago or whatever it was at that point.

Howson was a frikkin idiot for doing that. Nash never said anything publically till the organization threw him under the bus like that on TV. and afterwards he did some lame ass job of explaining it as "helping the team rebuild by getting them assets" basically...he's been rebuilding his entire career...hes got maybe 6 or 7 great years left in him. A rebuild, with this organization, will likely take that entire time span. By that team telling him point blame that he has zero chance of ever winning anything with this organization, he had no choice but to ask for a trade.

What would any of us do in the same situation? Suck it up, knowing that as a professional athlete your goal is to win the cup, and know that you will not have a chance of that happening in your lifetime?

I dont blame him 1 bit. Frankly, I dont blame anyone one bit for doing things within the rules. Why is it a big deal that Erixon forced himself to NY? That's where he wanted to be. Either that, or get nothing for him. Calgary ended up getting more for him than they would have if he just walked like Schultz did. The CBA needs to close these loopholes, that's really what it comes down to. Particularly the college kids.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
He should've thought about that before signing a long term contract with them then.

Perhaps he may request a trade in the future if the team sucks? I don't know.

Maybe Nash should've played better. Maybe he should've lived up to his hype in Columbus the media had given him. His point totals certainly don't reflect him as a guy who should be entitled for trade demands.
Rick Nash options upon being a UFA:

A. Re-sign with the team that drafted me first overall in 2002 on the hopes and promise of getting more elite talent to build a contender. If this doesn't happen, I can always ask for a trade in which CBJ gets very valuable assets in return for me

B. Sign with another team, CBJ loses me for nothing in UFA and gets Parise'd

Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but Nash did CBJ the favor of the century by re-upping with them. Since after all hockey is a team game, I'm not sure how much better you wanted him to do in Columbus while playing with that cast of 3rd liners.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
lol.

Gets put on Crosby's line to start Olympics, ends up on 4th line in Olympics and was 12th in team scoring.
he and crosby had 0 chemistry. He had the same amount of points as Corey Perry and Patrick Marleau, more points than Joe Thornton, and only finished 2 points behind Getzlaf, Crosby, Iginla, Heatley, etc, and 3 points behind Toews who led that team in scoring.

It's such a convenient thing to say oh he finished 12th on the team in scoring, and ended up on the 4th line.

Who cares? He scored 5 points in 7 games, and won a gold medal. You could also say Sidney Crosby was the 6th leading scorer in that tournament. Does that mean Pavol Demitra who was #1 is better than him?

Michal Handzus had more points than Patrick Kane. Whats the significance there?

In a short tournament, where you have ZERO time to practice and gain chemistry, it's all a crap shoot.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billionaire Bot View Post
Imagine if John Mitchell had been there instead!
And they still would've won Olympic Gold.

Old
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
he and crosby had 0 chemistry. He had the same amount of points as Corey Perry and Patrick Marleau, more points than Joe Thornton, and only finished 2 points behind Getzlaf, Crosby, Iginla, Heatley, etc, and 3 points behind Toews who led that team in scoring.

It's such a convenient thing to say oh he finished 12th on the team in scoring, and ended up on the 4th line.

Who cares? He scored 5 points in 7 games, and won a gold medal. You could also say Sidney Crosby was the 6th leading scorer in that tournament. Does that mean Pavol Demitra who was #1 is better than him?

In a short tournament, where you have ZERO time to practice and gain chemistry, it's all a crap shoot.
Thanks for saving me the time of writing this.

Old
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

What gets me really excited is the fact that he wanted to play here. That says everything you need to know.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanRanger View Post
No he wasn't.

He signed his extension with CLB almost a full year before he was set to become a UFA. CLB were fresh off their first playoff appearance and things were looking up for the franchise. Nash could have easily waited out and tested the market ala Kovalchuk but he chose to remain loyal to the franchise that drafted him. He actually took less money than what Howson offered, which again, judging by what hes making now, which only further solidifies the fact that Howson is an idiot. However, there aren't too many players who are willing to make a concession when it comes to salary.

Can't fault him for not wanting to hang around during a rebuild. These guys are competitive, they want to win. Do you think Richards would have been upset if the Flyers were a bottom feeder about to embark on a rebuild?

Come on.
Oh really? Thanks for clarifying. I was unaware that he signed his new contract while he already had a year in place.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
Mitchell >>>> Nash

Since he has such a high % in puck possession.
Depends on the team.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:

Nash played great in that tournament. His point total doesn't reflect that.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekGoalski View Post
This.

Rick Nash options upon being a UFA:

A. Re-sign with the team that drafted me first overall in 2002 on the hopes and promise of getting more elite talent to build a contender. If this doesn't happen, I can always ask for a trade in which CBJ gets very valuable assets in return for me

B. Sign with another team, CBJ loses me for nothing in UFA and gets Parise'd

Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but Nash did CBJ the favor of the century by re-upping with them. Since after all hockey is a team game, I'm not sure how much better you wanted him to do in Columbus while playing with that cast of 3rd liners.
Our own Vinny Prospal scored 4 less points then him, where is the linemate excuse for him?

Old
07-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

if you watched the olympics that year nash was one of if not the best player on team canada in that tournament.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:20 PM
JeffMangum
Debaser

Quote:
Depends on the team.
This is getting far beyond silly. We all know you intention when posting this crap.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
if you watched the olympics that year nash was one of if not the best player on team canada in that tournament.
Please post some videos of it.

Old
Kershaw

Quote:

I completely agree with you. Which is why I'm concerned Nash had a smile on his face saying he won the gold in 2010 in terms of handling the pressure in NY.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
Please post some videos of it.

30 second mark.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Nash played great in that tournament. His point total doesn't reflect that.
yeah, that's the way i remember it as well...when watching that tournament 2 guys really stood out...Nash and Iginla..neither of whom tore it up on the score sheet.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
This is getting far beyond silly. We all know you intention when posting this crap.
Sarcastic posts deserve sarcastic responses.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Man...Rick Nash has some wheels on him for such a huge guy.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:26 PM
TrojanRanger

Quote:
yeah, that's the way i remember it as well...when watching that tournament 2 guys really stood out...Nash and Iginla..neither of whom tore it up on the score sheet.
Towes was a monster in the tournament but I agree with your observation as well.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:28 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

You can't sugarcoat it when a goal scorer scores only two goals in 13 Olympic games with some of the best centers in the world.

Nash is a very good player but his performances in the last two Olympics were marginal at best.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Kershaw

I thought Toews, Morrow, Getzlaf, Perry all stood out when they weren't scoring in the Olympics. The only weak link on that Canadian team was definitely Bergeron(injured) and perhaps Seabrook. Very balanced lineup.

But yeah, as GWOW said, you can sugarcoat it all you want but Nash wasn't a prolific Olympic goal scorer.

Closed Thread