OR

Rock/Brock
Punk/HHH
Cena/Taker

Old
07-25-2012, 11:09 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
So if Cena wins the rumble, and Punk drops the title to the Rock...wouldn't Rock then have to retain at the chamber? For some reason I don't think the Rock will have any other matches between the rumble and WM, so that rules that out. They could do a lot of things with these 3 guys between now and WM29, I like that.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

vCash: 133
Exactly why I think Cena WON'T win the Rumble. He'll win his shot in the Chamber. This way, Rock doesn't have to complete in one.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:13 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice 31 View Post
Exactly why I think Cena WON'T win the Rumble. He'll win his shot in the Chamber. This way, Rock doesn't have to complete in one.
I think I like that better. Plus it might keep the title on Punk a bit longer...even though I see him losing clean to Super Cena very soon. Nobody retains the title cheap like that over Cena and gets away with it

Old
07-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I think I like that better. Plus it might keep the title on Punk a bit longer...even though I see him losing clean to Super Cena very soon. Nobody retains the title cheap like that over Cena and gets away with it
I still think CM Punk is losing the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble to The Rock, but John Cena just isn't going to win the Rumble. It'll all lead to a number one contender Elimination Chamber match with John Cena winning and becoming number one contender for the WWE Championship against The Rock.

Old
07-25-2012, 01:46 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
I still think CM Punk is losing the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble to The Rock, but John Cena just isn't going to win the Rumble. It'll all lead to a number one contender Elimination Chamber match with John Cena winning and becoming number one contender for the WWE Championship against The Rock.
I thought the chamber matches were for the WWE and Heavyweight titles usually? I guess if they have one huge chamber match for a no1 contender spot it works just fine. That way the rumble winner could be a guy like Rhodes, to go on and compete for the heavyweight title at Mania.

If Punk carries the title all the way to January, I don't think it makes much sense for him to defeat the Rock.

Old
07-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

Quote:
I thought the chamber matches were for the WWE and Heavyweight titles usually? I guess if they have one huge chamber match for a no1 contender spot it works just fine. That way the rumble winner could be a guy like Rhodes, to go on and compete for the heavyweight title at Mania.

If Punk carries the title all the way to January, I don't think it makes much sense for him to defeat the Rock.
They've had number one contender chambers before. It's not often, but it's not unusual.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:22 PM
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan

vCash: 450
Will they ever put another WM in Canada?

Old
07-25-2012, 02:59 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheamusfan View Post
Will they ever put another WM in Canada?
If they did I would assume Vancouver, Montreal, and Toronto would be the top contenders for a WM

Old
07-25-2012, 03:02 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

If Rock does beat Punk at the rumble wouldn't that set up a Punk Rock 2 because Punk gets a rematch so would they have it at the chamber?

Old
07-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

I'd guess the follow up for the Chamber would be...

Raw Chamber to determine Number One Contender
World Championship Elimination Chamber
Divas Match
The Rock (c) vs. CM Punk - WWE Championship

Old
07-25-2012, 04:52 PM
FromTheSide

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
The chamber match is always FOR the title not for the #1 contender spot to get a chance at the title.

Has rock actually ever been in a elimination chamber match? I can't recall that he has.

Old
07-25-2012, 07:23 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
The chamber match is always FOR the title not for the #1 contender spot to get a chance at the title.

Has rock actually ever been in a elimination chamber match? I can't recall that he has.
See: RAW Elimination Chamber Match, 2011.

Old
07-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post

Not always.

And no.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Metrangerfan711
Gotta Believe!

I mean it could possibly be like Austin vs The Rock II where Austin best The Rock again! But of course The Rock was the champion at the time, but again the storyline was different but of course the best bet is Cena wins title at mania against The Rock but don't be surprised if WWE throws a curveball here and surprises everyone by doing something different.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrangerfan711 View Post
I mean it could possibly be like Austin vs The Rock II where Austin best The Rock again! But of course The Rock was the champion at the time, but again the storyline was different but of course the best bet is Cena wins title at mania against The Rock but don't be surprised if WWE throws a curveball here and surprises everyone by doing something different.
Austin's not going to be there for the exact same reason he wasn't there this year. Austin is not an idiot. He's a smart man, especially when it comes to business and Austin knows what he's done for the business. Austin should not return unless he's the MAIN EVENT of the WrestleMania he's returning to. This WrestleMania will be stacked with The Rock, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker and Triple H, more stacked than it was last year -- Austin won't be there. Maybe 30...but that's a BIG maybe.

Old
07-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Metrangerfan711
Gotta Believe!

Quote:
Austin's not going to be there for the exact same reason he wasn't there this year. Austin is not an idiot. He's a smart man, especially when it comes to business and Austin knows what he's done for the business. Austin should not return unless he's the MAIN EVENT of the WrestleMania he's returning to. This WrestleMania will be stacked with The Rock, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker and Triple H, more stacked than it was last year -- Austin won't be there. Maybe 30...but that's a BIG maybe.
Nooooo, I meant Cena. Vs Rock II could be like Austin vs Rock II at Wrestlemania 17. I didn't say Austin was going to be there but the way I worded it, I could understand why you interpreted it the wrong way. My bad.

Old
08-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Metrangerfan711
Gotta Believe!

All Purpose Wresltmania 29 Thread- Tickets, Traveling, Questions..etc

I know everyone is already making threads about WM 29 but can we have an official thread that has everything. So I declare this as the official Wrestlemania All Purpose thread where questions about tickets, traveling or anything else will be discussed and answered. So to start off, who is going? I know I am!

Old
08-01-2012, 04:15 PM
chuckdobbins

I was very tempted to get tickets, but couldn't justify the cost. Especially when I take into consideration that I am almost certain that Super Cena goes over clean in the main event. It's still tempting though

Old
08-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

I was going to go, but I'll probably be on vacation around that time anyways. I'll wait until they're in Toronto.

Old
08-02-2012, 05:31 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
I was very tempted to get tickets, but couldn't justify the cost. Especially when I take into consideration that I am almost certain that Super Cena goes over clean in the main event. It's still tempting though
tickets arent even on sale yet

Old
08-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Metrangerfan711
Gotta Believe!

Anyone doing the travel package?

Old
08-03-2012, 12:12 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

I'm clearly in the minority, but really don't see Rock/Cena for WM and Rock/Punk for the Royal Rumble. Rock-Cena was done, was supposed to be a one shot thing, and the feud appears to be over in every fashion. Meanwhile, Punk-Rock seems like something that could be great, and I don't think we see them put Punk in a RR title match where everyone knows who the winner will be. I see Punk dropping to some transitional type around Survivor Series and that guy losing to Rocky. Followed by Punk winning the RR and, well, you know the rest.

Old
08-03-2012, 08:15 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
tickets arent even on sale yet
Then I don't know what the hell I am thinking of Maybe I'm thinking back to WM28 prices, and equating them to 29, thinking I wouldn't pay that much? No clue.

But now that you mention it...I have to at least consider it

Old
08-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
I'm clearly in the minority, but really don't see Rock/Cena for WM and Rock/Punk for the Royal Rumble. Rock-Cena was done, was supposed to be a one shot thing, and the feud appears to be over in every fashion. Meanwhile, Punk-Rock seems like something that could be great, and I don't think we see them put Punk in a RR title match where everyone knows who the winner will be. I see Punk dropping to some transitional type around Survivor Series and that guy losing to Rocky. Followed by Punk winning the RR and, well, you know the rest.
It was a one time thing, but this is WWE. You think Vince remembers it was supposed to be a one time thing? Cena will either win the Rumble/Chamber and become number one contender to The Rock, and Punk will go against Triple H and finally be put over. Just the way I see it unfolding.

Closed Thread