HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Wrestlemania 29 - All discussions/predictions here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-25-2012, 10:40 AM
  #26
The Last Baron*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,149
vCash: 500
Cena/Rock II
Austin/Punk
Taker/Brock

OR

Rock/Brock
Punk/HHH
Cena/Taker

The Last Baron* is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 11:09 AM
  #27
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,503
vCash: 50
So if Cena wins the rumble, and Punk drops the title to the Rock...wouldn't Rock then have to retain at the chamber? For some reason I don't think the Rock will have any other matches between the rumble and WM, so that rules that out. They could do a lot of things with these 3 guys between now and WM29, I like that.

chuckdobbins is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 12:05 PM
  #28
Dean Ambrose
Moderator
k
 
Dean Ambrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,417
vCash: 133
Exactly why I think Cena WON'T win the Rumble. He'll win his shot in the Chamber. This way, Rock doesn't have to complete in one.

Dean Ambrose is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 12:13 PM
  #29
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,503
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice 31 View Post
Exactly why I think Cena WON'T win the Rumble. He'll win his shot in the Chamber. This way, Rock doesn't have to complete in one.
I think I like that better. Plus it might keep the title on Punk a bit longer...even though I see him losing clean to Super Cena very soon. Nobody retains the title cheap like that over Cena and gets away with it

chuckdobbins is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 12:37 PM
  #30
Dean Ambrose
Moderator
k
 
Dean Ambrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,417
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I think I like that better. Plus it might keep the title on Punk a bit longer...even though I see him losing clean to Super Cena very soon. Nobody retains the title cheap like that over Cena and gets away with it
I still think CM Punk is losing the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble to The Rock, but John Cena just isn't going to win the Rumble. It'll all lead to a number one contender Elimination Chamber match with John Cena winning and becoming number one contender for the WWE Championship against The Rock.

Dean Ambrose is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 01:46 PM
  #31
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,503
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice 31 View Post
I still think CM Punk is losing the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble to The Rock, but John Cena just isn't going to win the Rumble. It'll all lead to a number one contender Elimination Chamber match with John Cena winning and becoming number one contender for the WWE Championship against The Rock.
I thought the chamber matches were for the WWE and Heavyweight titles usually? I guess if they have one huge chamber match for a no1 contender spot it works just fine. That way the rumble winner could be a guy like Rhodes, to go on and compete for the heavyweight title at Mania.

If Punk carries the title all the way to January, I don't think it makes much sense for him to defeat the Rock.

chuckdobbins is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 01:56 PM
  #32
Dean Ambrose
Moderator
k
 
Dean Ambrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,417
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I thought the chamber matches were for the WWE and Heavyweight titles usually? I guess if they have one huge chamber match for a no1 contender spot it works just fine. That way the rumble winner could be a guy like Rhodes, to go on and compete for the heavyweight title at Mania.

If Punk carries the title all the way to January, I don't think it makes much sense for him to defeat the Rock.
They've had number one contender chambers before. It's not often, but it's not unusual.

Dean Ambrose is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 02:22 PM
  #33
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan
 
The Shockmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,837
vCash: 450
Will they ever put another WM in Canada?

The Shockmaster is online now  
Old
07-25-2012, 02:59 PM
  #34
InUtero
Oilers!
 
InUtero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmonton AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,864
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheamusfan View Post
Will they ever put another WM in Canada?
If they did I would assume Vancouver, Montreal, and Toronto would be the top contenders for a WM

InUtero is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 03:02 PM
  #35
InUtero
Oilers!
 
InUtero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmonton AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,864
vCash: 50
If Rock does beat Punk at the rumble wouldn't that set up a Punk Rock 2 because Punk gets a rematch so would they have it at the chamber?

InUtero is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 03:11 PM
  #36
Dean Ambrose
Moderator
k
 
Dean Ambrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,417
vCash: 133
I'd guess the follow up for the Chamber would be...

Raw Chamber to determine Number One Contender
World Championship Elimination Chamber
Divas Match
The Rock (c) vs. CM Punk - WWE Championship

Dean Ambrose is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 04:52 PM
  #37
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 22,618
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
The chamber match is always FOR the title not for the #1 contender spot to get a chance at the title.

Has rock actually ever been in a elimination chamber match? I can't recall that he has.

FromTheSide is online now  
Old
07-25-2012, 07:23 PM
  #38
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4
 
TheMurdocktor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
The chamber match is always FOR the title not for the #1 contender spot to get a chance at the title.

Has rock actually ever been in a elimination chamber match? I can't recall that he has.
See: RAW Elimination Chamber Match, 2011.

TheMurdocktor is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 08:16 PM
  #39
Dean Ambrose
Moderator
k
 
Dean Ambrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,417
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
The chamber match is always FOR the title not for the #1 contender spot to get a chance at the title.

Has rock actually ever been in a elimination chamber match? I can't recall that he has.
Not always.

And no.

Dean Ambrose is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 02:13 PM
  #40
Metrangerfan711
Gotta Believe!
 
Metrangerfan711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 100
vCash: 500
I mean it could possibly be like Austin vs The Rock II where Austin best The Rock again! But of course The Rock was the champion at the time, but again the storyline was different but of course the best bet is Cena wins title at mania against The Rock but don't be surprised if WWE throws a curveball here and surprises everyone by doing something different.

Metrangerfan711 is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 02:35 PM
  #41
Dean Ambrose
Moderator
k
 
Dean Ambrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,417
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrangerfan711 View Post
I mean it could possibly be like Austin vs The Rock II where Austin best The Rock again! But of course The Rock was the champion at the time, but again the storyline was different but of course the best bet is Cena wins title at mania against The Rock but don't be surprised if WWE throws a curveball here and surprises everyone by doing something different.
Austin's not going to be there for the exact same reason he wasn't there this year. Austin is not an idiot. He's a smart man, especially when it comes to business and Austin knows what he's done for the business. Austin should not return unless he's the MAIN EVENT of the WrestleMania he's returning to. This WrestleMania will be stacked with The Rock, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker and Triple H, more stacked than it was last year -- Austin won't be there. Maybe 30...but that's a BIG maybe.

Dean Ambrose is offline  
Old
07-28-2012, 12:43 PM
  #42
Metrangerfan711
Gotta Believe!
 
Metrangerfan711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice 31 View Post
Austin's not going to be there for the exact same reason he wasn't there this year. Austin is not an idiot. He's a smart man, especially when it comes to business and Austin knows what he's done for the business. Austin should not return unless he's the MAIN EVENT of the WrestleMania he's returning to. This WrestleMania will be stacked with The Rock, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker and Triple H, more stacked than it was last year -- Austin won't be there. Maybe 30...but that's a BIG maybe.
Nooooo, I meant Cena. Vs Rock II could be like Austin vs Rock II at Wrestlemania 17. I didn't say Austin was going to be there but the way I worded it, I could understand why you interpreted it the wrong way. My bad.

Metrangerfan711 is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 03:47 PM
  #43
Metrangerfan711
Gotta Believe!
 
Metrangerfan711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 100
vCash: 500
All Purpose Wresltmania 29 Thread- Tickets, Traveling, Questions..etc

I know everyone is already making threads about WM 29 but can we have an official thread that has everything. So I declare this as the official Wrestlemania All Purpose thread where questions about tickets, traveling or anything else will be discussed and answered. So to start off, who is going? I know I am!

Metrangerfan711 is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 04:15 PM
  #44
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,503
vCash: 50
I was very tempted to get tickets, but couldn't justify the cost. Especially when I take into consideration that I am almost certain that Super Cena goes over clean in the main event. It's still tempting though

chuckdobbins is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 04:17 PM
  #45
Dean Ambrose
Moderator
k
 
Dean Ambrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,417
vCash: 133
I was going to go, but I'll probably be on vacation around that time anyways. I'll wait until they're in Toronto.

Dean Ambrose is offline  
Old
08-02-2012, 05:31 PM
  #46
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,419
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I was very tempted to get tickets, but couldn't justify the cost. Especially when I take into consideration that I am almost certain that Super Cena goes over clean in the main event. It's still tempting though
tickets arent even on sale yet

trueblue9441 is offline  
Old
08-02-2012, 08:27 PM
  #47
Metrangerfan711
Gotta Believe!
 
Metrangerfan711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 100
vCash: 500
Anyone doing the travel package?

Metrangerfan711 is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 12:12 AM
  #48
Gibsons Finest
Beast
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon/Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,364
vCash: 500
I'm clearly in the minority, but really don't see Rock/Cena for WM and Rock/Punk for the Royal Rumble. Rock-Cena was done, was supposed to be a one shot thing, and the feud appears to be over in every fashion. Meanwhile, Punk-Rock seems like something that could be great, and I don't think we see them put Punk in a RR title match where everyone knows who the winner will be. I see Punk dropping to some transitional type around Survivor Series and that guy losing to Rocky. Followed by Punk winning the RR and, well, you know the rest.

Gibsons Finest is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 08:15 AM
  #49
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,503
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
tickets arent even on sale yet
Then I don't know what the hell I am thinking of Maybe I'm thinking back to WM28 prices, and equating them to 29, thinking I wouldn't pay that much? No clue.

But now that you mention it...I have to at least consider it

chuckdobbins is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 12:40 PM
  #50
Dean Ambrose
Moderator
k
 
Dean Ambrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,417
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
I'm clearly in the minority, but really don't see Rock/Cena for WM and Rock/Punk for the Royal Rumble. Rock-Cena was done, was supposed to be a one shot thing, and the feud appears to be over in every fashion. Meanwhile, Punk-Rock seems like something that could be great, and I don't think we see them put Punk in a RR title match where everyone knows who the winner will be. I see Punk dropping to some transitional type around Survivor Series and that guy losing to Rocky. Followed by Punk winning the RR and, well, you know the rest.
It was a one time thing, but this is WWE. You think Vince remembers it was supposed to be a one time thing? Cena will either win the Rumble/Chamber and become number one contender to The Rock, and Punk will go against Triple H and finally be put over. Just the way I see it unfolding.

Dean Ambrose is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.