HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Other Chicago Sports Thread Part XI: The Rios Walkoff, Kustok Last-Night-Pied Edition

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2012, 05:56 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Other Chicago Sports Thread Part XI: The Rios Walkoff, Kustok Last-Night-Pied Edition

Other one was >1000.

And... go.

Last edited by BBH: 08-04-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old
07-24-2012, 06:14 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quintana tonight: 8IP, 1ER

Sox lose 2-0

Old
07-25-2012, 07:19 AM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Quintana tonight: 8IP, 1ER

Sox lose 2-0

Old
07-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Illinihockey

Hammels off the market, increases demand for Garza

Dodgers trade one of their best young pitchers for Hanley Ramirez

Braves trade for Dempster is officially dead. I hope your arm falls off today Ryan.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:46 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Braves trade for Dempster is officially dead. I hope your arm falls off today Ryan.
Pretty sure someone should screen cap this post and submit it for inclusion in any online article about the phrase "cutting off your nose to spite your face."

Yeah, let's hope Dempster ruins his career so we get absolutely nothing back for him!

Old
07-25-2012, 02:36 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Cal Ripken's 61 year old mother was abducted, but found safely this morning. Who the **** kidnaps a 61 year old woman? Idiot.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:41 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Sox up 6-2 on Minnesota, looking to finish off a sweep. Peavy hasn't been all that sharp but has been able to get out of 2 huge jams.

Old
07-25-2012, 03:39 PM
madgoat33

rios is still on fire.

Old
07-25-2012, 04:21 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Cal Ripken's 61 year old mother was abducted, but found safely this morning. Who the **** kidnaps a 61 year old woman? Idiot.
Especially not the Iron Man's mom. I mean who wants to deal with this guy

Old
07-25-2012, 04:56 PM
RayP

Unless MLBN cut the clip short, that was the most pathetic ovation Ichiro could have possibly got in his first AB as a visitor. Absolutely pathetic.

Old
07-25-2012, 05:05 PM
RayP

From Rotoworld:

Quote:
According to FOX Sports' Jon Paul Morosi, at least one team has expressed interest in Alfonso Soriano.
Soriano has a .918 OPS and 19 home runs in 70 games since May 1 and there aren't many power-hitting outfielders being made available this summer. So it's feasible that the Cubs will be able to find a trade partner. But they'll probably have to eat most of the nearly $42 million remaining on the 36-year-old's current deal.
Would be a tricky deal. If we really have to eat most of that deal, is it worth doing? While I'm not a huge fan, I've always read he is a good teammate and good in the locker room. He's playing some of the best defense since he has been here, with improve reads off the bat, and is crushing it at the plate. If we're going to have to eat 80% of that deal and not get anything in return... Is it worth it?

If anything I would say we only eat $X amount of his contract, but ask for nothing in return, and see how much you might be able to save. However, I don't have a clue what $X could be.

Old
07-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
From Rotoworld:

Would be a tricky deal. If we really have to eat most of that deal, is it worth doing? While I'm not a huge fan, I've always read he is a good teammate and good in the locker room. He's playing some of the best defense since he has been here, with improve reads off the bat, and is crushing it at the plate. If we're going to have to eat 80% of that deal and not get anything in return... Is it worth it?

If anything I would say we only eat $X amount of his contract, but ask for nothing in return, and see how much you might be able to save. However, I don't have a clue what $X could be.
There is no reason to deal him and eat all of his salary unless we are gettting a couple of good prospects for him. He's producing, he's not blocking anyone, why trade him for nothing?

Old
07-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
I have it on good authority that it's the Dodgers.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:24 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

The Sox have great interest in Zack Greinke. Yea, that's not gonna happen.

I'd move Maholm to the Sox for Simon Castro and Pedro Hernandez. Could be bottom of the rotation/set up guys.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
The Sox have great interest in Zack Greinke. Yea, that's not gonna happen.

I'd move Maholm to the Sox for Simon Castro and Pedro Hernandez. Could be bottom of the rotation/set up guys.
Ya you'd have to think the best you could get for Maholm is one or two young pitchers that project to be bullpen arms. At $6.5 mil it may be more worth it to just hold on to him for next season, trade him then.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:31 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Ya you'd have to think the best you could get for Maholm is one or two young pitchers that project to be bullpen arms. At $6.5 mil it may be more worth it to just hold on to him for next season, trade him then.
You're not going to get impact prospects for him, obviously. Castro and Hernandez aren't big time guys. They're decent pieces.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:32 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Grienke for Danks, straight up. DONE

Actually, **** that. Grienke is a headcase

Old
07-26-2012, 11:37 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Apparently the Sox think they can flip Floyd and move those prospects to get Greinke. Considering he'd be one of the worse, notable pitchers on the market, I highly doubt that's going to happen.

You've got Greinke, Garza, Dempster, Shields, Liriano, Floyd and Maholm, not to mention Wandy and Happ have already filled some needs for teams.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:21 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Apparently the Sox think they can flip Floyd and move those prospects to get Greinke. Considering he'd be one of the worse, notable pitchers on the market, I highly doubt that's going to happen.

You've got Greinke, Garza, Dempster, Shields, Liriano, Floyd and Maholm, not to mention Wandy and Happ have already filled some needs for teams.
Floyd though inconsistant is solid #3/4 rotation guy and is under contral for 1 more year at reasonable price

Dont discount his value especially to teams looking beyond this year into next season

As for Manholm to Sox as mentioned above a few posts ,,, No thanks

Career NL Central pitcher with little experience vs AL hitters. Would be another Todd Ritchie IMO waiting to happen

Old
07-26-2012, 01:25 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Floyd though inconsistant is solid #3/4 rotation guy and is under contral for 1 more year at reasonable price

Dont discount his value especially to teams looking beyond this year into next season

As for Manholm to Sox as mentioned above a few posts ,,, No thanks

Career NL Central pitcher with little experience vs AL hitters. Would be another Todd Ritchie IMO waiting to happen
Me personally, I turn down his option for 9.5M next year. He is a mid-4 ERA guy, and I'm not paying close to 10M for that.

Maholm would be a disaster in the AL.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Me personally, I turn down his option for 9.5M next year. He is a mid-4 ERA guy, and I'm not paying close to 10M for that.

Maholm would be a disaster in the AL.
I would not unless they bring in a big $$$ pitcher via trade or UFA

Sox have no one in system that projects to be a starter ready outside of Hernandez maybe and Floyd gives them depth in rotation

Also it is likely Peavy is gone after this year (Take a look at his option)

My expectation is that KW wants Grienke at deadline and wants to extend him and have him as part of big 4 for Sox going forward using Floyd/Peavy costs to cover the extension to Grienke

Sale-Greinke-Quintana-Danks-? for 2013

I would expect in that scenario for Pedro Hernandez who Sox are high on to be the #5 starter

Doubt we get Greinke but I have no doubt that part of Kenny's plan if he were to acquire him would be to give him longterm extension

Old
07-26-2012, 01:41 PM
RayP

There is no way Greinke joins the White Sox, unless it is as a FA after this season. They have absolutely nothing to offer for a player of his caliber. The only kind of pitcher they might get, is a guy like Maholm. They don't have enough to even offer something for Dempster, even after his Braves fiasco.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
There is no way Greinke joins the White Sox, unless it is as a FA after this season. They have absolutely nothing to offer for a player of his caliber. The only kind of pitcher they might get, is a guy like Maholm. They don't have enough to even offer something for Dempster, even after his Braves fiasco.
KW is Sox GM

Never say Never ,, Though I agree that looking at what Sox have to offer I dont see anything there

Wildcard could always be John Danks ,, Could the Brewers desire him in a trade?

Injured now but if they are trading Greinke at deadline that is basically them waiving white flag and looking towards next year

Could Danks be guy that would appeal to Brewers for next year and beyond? Would Sox gamble trading away Danks after signing him longterm (Clearly they value him)

But with young lefties like Sale/Quintana in rotation right now they could make Danks expendable

Old
07-26-2012, 01:46 PM
RayP

No. Danks would not be that guy. Nor would Floyd. Only guy that MIGHT interest them would be Reed, but that wouldn't make sense for the Sox... and even then I doubt they'd consider it.

They are going to ask for, and get young and cheap talent for him. They'd be better off getting the compensatory pick for him than any trade at all with the Sox.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
No. Danks would not be that guy. Nor would Floyd. Only guy that MIGHT interest them would be Reed, but that wouldn't make sense for the Sox... and even then I doubt they'd consider it.

They are going to ask for, and get young and cheap talent for him. They'd be better off getting the compensatory pick for him than any trade at all with the Sox.
Young and Cheap talent wont sit well with Brewer fans

They are not content to return to rebuild which is exactly what that type of return on there ace pitcher would signal

Brewers have gotten major boost in revenue in recent years with success of team on field drawing fans

Trading Greinke for future hopefuls is bad signal to fanbase that already watched a superstar leave via FA (Fielder)

Closed Thread