HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Bobby Hunting [All Bobby Ryan Discussion | Part VI]

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-25-2012, 02:55 PM
  #101
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Only Ryan wasn't playing with Getzlaf and Perry. Nash would probably add a few points but not much. How many times do you see a player increase his point totals when they switch teams?
so listen if Nash would make more goals and points with the same
team as B.Ryan that means hes better than Ryan right?
because he hit 40 goals in his career twice and hit 38 goals once
and the rest he always was above 30.
Ryan only hit 35 goals once and hes in a much better team then Nash.
even if hes 3yrs younger, he still hasn't accomplished 2x40 goal yrs
and a 38goal yr.
Nash list was a list of 6 teams. Rangers, Flyers, Bruins, Wings, Pens, Sharks.
now don't get me wrong maybe hes 7.8 mil a year but
if all 6 teams didn't give more then a Dubinsky and a couple of decent players
its because Nash wasn't worth more than that in trade value.
id say 4 of these teams were interrested in Nash but didn't want to give their top
core players for him.
being 3yrs younger and accomplishing one 35goal year with a better team doesn't make you a better value.... if his contract isn't as expensive as Nash its prob because hes not as good..
Yes Nash was pushing CBJ against the wall but in reality if those 6 teams weren't ready to give up any of their very good players.
i REALLY doubt any team will give up any of their very good players for B.Ryan.

so please stop with Ryan is worth more.. just because of age and the NTC ...
its not a good enough reason. so please accept the fact that ryans value
isnt what you want it to be. im sorry but youl hve to deal with it

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 02:58 PM
  #102
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstickytoes View Post
so listen if Nash would make more goals and points with the same
team as B.Ryan that means hes better than Ryan right?
because he hit 40 goals in his career twice and hit 38 goals once
and the rest he always was above 30.
Ryan only hit 35 goals once and hes in a much better team then Nash.
even if hes 3yrs younger, he still hasn't accomplished 2x40 goal yrs
and a 38goal yr.
Nash list was a list of 6 teams. Rangers, Flyers, Bruins, Wings, Pens, Sharks.
now don't get me wrong maybe hes 7.8 mil a year but
if all 6 teams didn't give more then a Dubinsky and a couple of decent players
its because Nash wasn't worth more than that in trade value.
id say 4 of these teams were interrested in Nash but didn't want to give their top
core players for him.
being 3yrs younger and accomplishing one 35goal year with a better team doesn't make you a better value.... if his contract isn't as expensive as Nash its prob because hes not as good..
Yes Nash was pushing CBJ against the wall but in reality if those 6 teams weren't ready to give up any of their very good players.
i REALLY doubt any team will give up any of their very good players for B.Ryan.

so please stop with Ryan is worth more.. just because of age and the NTC ...
its not a good enough reason. so please accept the fact that ryans value
isnt what you want it to be. im sorry but youl hve to deal with it

You're still rambling about nothing. Lol

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:01 PM
  #103
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie
 
TheNeutrality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 7,952
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstickytoes View Post
so listen if Nash would make more goals and points with the same
team as B.Ryan that means hes better than Ryan right?
because he hit 40 goals in his career twice and hit 38 goals once
and the rest he always was above 30.
Ryan only hit 35 goals once and hes in a much better team then Nash.
even if hes 3yrs younger, he still hasn't accomplished 2x40 goal yrs
and a 38goal yr.
Nash list was a list of 6 teams. Rangers, Flyers, Bruins, Wings, Pens, Sharks.
now don't get me wrong maybe hes 7.8 mil a year but
if all 6 teams didn't give more then a Dubinsky and a couple of decent players
its because Nash wasn't worth more than that in trade value.
id say 4 of these teams were interrested in Nash but didn't want to give their top
core players for him.
being 3yrs younger and accomplishing one 35goal year with a better team doesn't make you a better value.... if his contract isn't as expensive as Nash its prob because hes not as good..
Yes Nash was pushing CBJ against the wall but in reality if those 6 teams weren't ready to give up any of their very good players.
i REALLY doubt any team will give up any of their very good players for B.Ryan.

so please stop with Ryan is worth more.. just because of age and the NTC ...
its not a good enough reason. so please accept the fact that ryans value
isnt what you want it to be. im sorry but youl hve to deal with it
I think most of the Ducks fans are perfectly fine with that. But then you have to deal with the fact, that Ryan won't be traded. Murray said what he wants for Ryan. If nobody offers what he wants, he'll just keep him.

TheNeutrality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:06 PM
  #104
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeutrality View Post
I think most of the Ducks fans are perfectly fine with that. But then you have to deal with the fact, that Ryan won't be traded. Murray said what he wants for Ryan. If nobody offers what he wants, he'll just keep him.
yea i completely agree and i never said Murray will trade him.

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:06 PM
  #105
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,846
vCash: 500
Anaheim - Minnesota

To

Bobby Ryan

To

Devin Setoguchi
Charlie Coyle
Cal Clutterbuck

This is almost more of a "Value of" thread. There are many Anaheim fans who don't want to trade Ryan, and many Wild fans who don't want to trade Seto, Coyle, and Clutterbuck. But trying to settle an internal debate.

Not really asking whether this trade would happen; more asking whether the "value" of this proposal is fair for both teams.

Thoughts?

nickschultzfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:08 PM
  #106
Force951
Registered User
 
Force951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 50
Doesn't work for the Ducks. Holland is a better option for our 2C hole then Coyle, and there isn't enough of an overpayment to ignore that.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:08 PM
  #107
Force951
Registered User
 
Force951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstickytoes View Post
so listen if nash would make more goals and points with the same
team as b.ryan that means hes better than ryan right?
Because he hit 40 goals in his career twice and hit 38 goals once
and the rest he always was above 30.
Ryan only hit 35 goals once and hes in a much better team then nash.
Even if hes 3yrs younger, he still hasn't accomplished 2x40 goal yrs
and a 38goal yr.
Nash list was a list of 6 teams. Rangers, flyers, bruins, wings, pens, sharks.
Now don't get me wrong maybe hes 7.8 mil a year but
if all 6 teams didn't give more then a dubinsky and a couple of decent players
its because nash wasn't worth more than that in trade value.
Id say 4 of these teams were interrested in nash but didn't want to give their top
core players for him.
Being 3yrs younger and accomplishing one 35goal year with a better team doesn't make you a better value.... If his contract isn't as expensive as nash its prob because hes not as good..
Yes nash was pushing cbj against the wall but in reality if those 6 teams weren't ready to give up any of their very good players.
I really doubt any team will give up any of their very good players for b.ryan.

So please stop with ryan is worth more.. Just because of age and the ntc ...
Its not a good enough reason. So please accept the fact that ryans value
isnt what you want it to be. Im sorry but youl hve to deal with it
tldr

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:09 PM
  #108
CodeBlue*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Minny would probably have to add a 1st rounder.

CodeBlue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:09 PM
  #109
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,286
vCash: 500
Last 3 years..

Ryan: 100g - 192pts
Nash: 95g - 192pts

Why is Nash so much better than Ryan now? Because he's paid more? Or is it because he gets 1st unit powerplay time and Ryan doesn't? I'm confused.

So the player that is 3 years younger and nearly 3million a year cheaper without a NTC/NMC that produces the exact same amount and doesn't register any 1st unit PP time is worth less?

News to me...

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:09 PM
  #110
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
A blockbuster with players who could use a change of scenery and give them a shakedown.

Sharks get a #1 starter, clear upgrade on Niemo. Also Ryan who would be a great replacement for Marleau if hes moved or an upgrade over Clowe. Getting Hiller and Ryan would make them that much more of a contender in the west.

Ducks downgrade in net but get a top 4 rugged D to add some grit to their young and rather soft blueline and a playmaking winger.
the two best pieces go to the Sharks. This is funny and a deal the Ducks wouldn't make...ever. When did Clowe become a playmaking winger? Actually this is very funny.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:10 PM
  #111
HockeyShack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 313
vCash: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstickytoes View Post
so listen if Nash would make more goals and points with the same
team as B.Ryan that means hes better than Ryan right?
because he hit 40 goals in his career twice and hit 38 goals once
and the rest he always was above 30.
Ryan only hit 35 goals once and hes in a much better team then Nash.
even if hes 3yrs younger, he still hasn't accomplished 2x40 goal yrs
and a 38goal yr.
Nash list was a list of 6 teams. Rangers, Flyers, Bruins, Wings, Pens, Sharks.
now don't get me wrong maybe hes 7.8 mil a year but
if all 6 teams didn't give more then a Dubinsky and a couple of decent players
its because Nash wasn't worth more than that in trade value.
id say 4 of these teams were interrested in Nash but didn't want to give their top
core players for him.
being 3yrs younger and accomplishing one 35goal year with a better team doesn't make you a better value.... if his contract isn't as expensive as Nash its prob because hes not as good..
Yes Nash was pushing CBJ against the wall but in reality if those 6 teams weren't ready to give up any of their very good players.
i REALLY doubt any team will give up any of their very good players for B.Ryan.

so please stop with Ryan is worth more.. just because of age and the NTC ...
its not a good enough reason. so please accept the fact that ryans value
isnt what you want it to be. im sorry but youl hve to deal with it
Nash is the better player, but he also has a huge cap hit, and a bunch of years of that hit. He also has a no trade/no movement which means he gets to control who and what he is traded for.

Ryan on the other hand, has a better cap hit and does not have a no trade clause so he can be traded to anyone.

To me, Ryan has more trade value than Nash due to those factors.

HockeyShack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:15 PM
  #112
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Last 3 years..

Ryan: 100g - 192pts
Nash: 95g - 192pts


Why is Nash so much better than Ryan now? Because he's paid more? Or is it because he gets 1st unit powerplay time and Ryan doesn't? I'm confused.

So the player that is 3 years younger and nearly 3million a year cheaper without a NTC/NMC that produces the exact same amount and doesn't register any 1st unit PP time is worth less?

News to me...
if Bobby Ryan doesn't get 1st PP then hes the one to blaim.
if Nash was in ANA he'd be easily on the first wave PP.
anyways why you only be counting the last 3 years in stats..?
did Bobby Ryan hit 2x40goal years? with a 38goal year in his career?
nahh don't think he did and on top of it hes in a much better team.
Nash is more expensive because he accomplished way more.
6 teams on a NTC. none of them offered more then Dubinsky ect...
please take off your Biased goggles...
look at Nash points next year with Rangers we will see if he is only
going to hit 30 goals..

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:16 PM
  #113
Nab77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 312
vCash: 500
Granlund
Clutterbuck
Cuma
1st

For value only, Minnesota has no use for Ryan they're top heavy as is.

Nab77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:17 PM
  #114
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,125
vCash: 50
From the Canucks I'd imagine something around Edler or Schneider.


From the Jets I'd offer Enstrom +

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:19 PM
  #115
Force951
Registered User
 
Force951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
From the Canucks I'd imagine something around Edler or Schneider.


From the Jets I'd offer Enstrom +
Before we signed a bunch of UFA defensemen it might have been talked about. But now we already have too many dmen. Also we have no need for Schneider.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:19 PM
  #116
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,060
vCash: 500
It's Ryan's fault that he plays behind Perry and one of the best PP players ever in Selane? Nash would be in same situation here.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:22 PM
  #117
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
It's Ryan's fault that he plays behind Perry and one of the best PP players ever in Selane? Nash would be in same situation here.
your telling me if Nash was in ANA he'd play on the 2nd wave hahahhahah
wow you really need to take off those biased Ryan goggles...

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:23 PM
  #118
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstickytoes View Post
if Bobby Ryan doesn't get 1st PP then hes the one to blaim.
if Nash was in ANA he'd be easily on the first wave PP.
anyways why you only be counting the last 3 years in stats..?
did Bobby Ryan hit 2x40goal years? with a 38goal year in his career?
nahh don't think he did and on top of it hes in a much better team.
Nash is more expensive because he accomplished way more.
6 teams on a NTC. none of them offered more then Dubinsky ect...
please take off your Biased goggles...
look at Nash points next year with Rangers we will see if he is only
going to hit 30 goals..
Nobody can ever take you serious from now on. Its quite obvious you don't watch the Ducks. They have this player i'm sure you never heard of him... let me help you out his name is Teemu Selanne. Ring a bell? He's that bum that's been top 5/10 in PP goals since hes been alive.. Yeah sorry Nash wouldn't get 1st PP time either...

Tell me all about Rick Nash's accomplishments that happed 4+ years ago!

You get zero respect from me!

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:24 PM
  #119
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,125
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
Before we signed a bunch of UFA defensemen it might have been talked about. But now we already have too many dmen. Also we have no need for Schneider.
Fair enough. I could trade you buff and you could turn him forward again?

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:27 PM
  #120
McLovin25
Eberle=Clutch
 
McLovin25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,225
vCash: 500
id do pavelski+demers + 2nd for ryan and a 7th

McLovin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:27 PM
  #121
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 17,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstickytoes View Post
if Bobby Ryan doesn't get 1st PP then hes the one to blaim.
if Nash was in ANA he'd be easily on the first wave PP.
anyways why you only be counting the last 3 years in stats..?
did Bobby Ryan hit 2x40goal years? with a 38goal year in his career?
nahh don't think he did and on top of it hes in a much better team.
Nash is more expensive because he accomplished way more.
6 teams on a NTC. none of them offered more then Dubinsky ect...
please take off your Biased goggles...
look at Nash points next year with Rangers we will see if he is only
going to hit 30 goals..
Nash wouldn't get 1PP time in Anaheim.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:32 PM
  #122
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Nobody can ever take you serious from now on. Its quite obvious you don't watch the Ducks. They have this player i'm sure you never heard of him... let me help you out his name is Teemu Selanne. Ring a bell? He's that bum that's been top 5/10 in PP goals since hes been alive.. Yeah sorry Nash wouldn't get 1st PP time either...

Tell me all about Rick Nash's accomplishments that happed 4+ years ago!

You get zero respect from me!
your telling me if Rick Nash was in ANA the coach wouldn't try Getzlaf
with Nash on the PP?
anyways even if Nash gets more PP time does that seriously affect the fact
that Ryan never hit a 38 or more goal year in his whole career?
cmon man stop trying to give these reasons which we both
know isn't valid enough to explain why ryan didnt hit what Nash did.
please stop trying to defend your point. especially if your going to use reasons
like that..

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:33 PM
  #123
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps
 
billybudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Last 3 years..

Ryan: 100g - 192pts
Nash: 95g - 192pts

Why is Nash so much better than Ryan now? Because he's paid more? Or is it because he gets 1st unit powerplay time and Ryan doesn't? I'm confused.
Well, one reason would be that Anaheim's opposition's entire pregame briefing probably doesn't devote itself to "how we're going to cover Bobby Ryan," something that likely was happening with Nash for most of his career. Something that needs to be considered when one looks at Nash's numbers in comparison to other players with similar numbers.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:38 PM
  #124
MajorPain
Registered User
 
MajorPain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
Oh please stop with the weak and selective arguments that Nash is better than Ryan.

The facts are easy to see...Nash is 3 years older, paid 3 extra millions per year, hasn't accomplished much for his team, and most importantly, he's in his prime while Ryan isn't even there yet. Ryan still has upside and the fact he didn't get any 1st PP time Vs Nash getting plenty is an important factor.

To be fair when comparing stats, you'd have to take Nash's 1st 4 full seasons Vs Ryan's 1st 4 and when you do, it's actually Ryan that has more goals.


Last edited by MajorPain: 07-25-2012 at 03:45 PM.
MajorPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:39 PM
  #125
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstickytoes View Post
your telling me if Nash was in ANA he'd play on the 2nd wave hahahhahah
wow you really need to take off those biased Ryan goggles...
What does Ryan have to do with anything if Nash would be on our top PP unit? Take off your stupid goggles.

First: Perry>Nash so he's not going to take his spot.

Depending on where Getz plays on top unit is the deciding factor where Nash would slot. He's not going to supplant Selanne on PP. Unless he drops off, Selanne is still one of the top players in the game on the PP. If Getz went back to the point, then Nash would probably would be on top unit. It's not far fetched by any means. Basically Nash would be in same situation that Ryan is now.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.