HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Offer Sheet Matched. Weber signed to Nashville for 14 years

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2012, 03:37 PM
PFL615

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
That's worrying to say the least. Even if you're 100% that the team would match, you should atleast go through some possible scenario's.
I wouldnt believe it. He is not dumb and dumber like his Weber agents. He would not admit to shopping Weber now that he they are tied for 27 mil

Old
07-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Very interesting press conference.

Poile says we have to be patient and it sounds like we are going into the season as is.

Old
07-25-2012, 03:38 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
That's worrying to say the least. Even if you're 100% that the team would match, you should atleast go through some possible scenario's.
you really expect poile to admit that we were shopping Weber now that he's ours for 14 years??

get real... you know Poile was shopping him at some point... the widely reported word was poile kept demanding Couturier++ and holmgren wouldnt budge and so threw the bomb OS....

Old
07-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Fair enough guys. Didn't expect him to go into detail or anything, perhaps just saying that they were discussing other options/scenarios. That would have been enough for me. Sometimes I wonder why I expect so much out of press conferences.

Old
07-25-2012, 03:41 PM
predfan98

I heard very little of it. but I did hear Shea say, now we just need to go get some more pieces....

DUDE... you just got 1/6th of the payroll... man up and play like it and don't spin this tired bs all year. where do you think the $ is coming from?

Old
07-25-2012, 03:42 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post
Very interesting press conference.

Poile says we have to be patient and it sounds like we are going into the season as is.
Trotz said that they still want a top 4 d-man above all, but if season began today, they would use Josi...but it sounds like their preference is still to add before training camp.

Also, Trotz, Poile, and Weber all confirmed Predators interest in Doan, and all have spoken with him. Feel like they have as good of a chance as anyone.

Old
07-25-2012, 03:43 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
I heard very little of it. but I did hear Shea say, now we just need to go get some more pieces....

DUDE... you just got 1/6th of the payroll... man up and play like it and don't spin this tired bs all year. where do you think the $ is coming from?
Whether or not we go out and get pieces to Weber's liking he is here to stay unless the team wants to get rid of him. That's the silver lining here. It isn't like last summer when it was more of a "go get more pieces or lose me" situation.

Old
07-25-2012, 03:47 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Whether or not we go out and get pieces to Weber's liking he is here to stay unless the team wants to get rid of him. That's the silver lining here. It isn't like last summer when it was more of a "go get more pieces or lose me" situation.
true, I just hear it as an "excuse that we are not winning". I just hope he really takes the leadership and leads the team.... I don't think he was doing it last year. I think emotionally he just was too distracted by this and suter all year.

Old
07-25-2012, 03:59 PM
PFL615

Quote:
true, I just hear it as an "excuse that we are not winning". I just hope he really takes the leadership and leads the team.... I don't think he was doing it last year. I think emotionally he just was too distracted by this and suter all year.
I really think we are going to see a different Weber next year. I just have a feeling Suter was bringing him down because of the comments at the all star game and him having one foot out the door.

Old
07-25-2012, 04:02 PM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

vCash: 200
at what page of this thread does the conversation start where preds matched the offer ? Should have a whole new thread up in cases like this....too many pages...

Old
07-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Weber, Trotz, Poile all mention Doan as a target. Now that is interesting. Trotz says they want another top 4 d man (poile says patience) Weber says he would like to see more pieces added.

I think a top 4 d man is a must. Hopefully happens. I truly believe Philly was Weber's first choice, but staying in Nashville wasn't a problem to him. Not his first choice but a decent option. I do think he is going to have BIG questions to answer regarding his agents.

Old
07-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrail View Post
at what page of this thread does the conversation start where preds matched the offer ? Should have a whole new thread up in cases like this....too many pages...
Too much moderation, there was a separate thread, but it was merged into this one after 10 posts. I guess it's nice to have 3 Preds reps as Mods on HF... but to be honest guys, you go a little overboard sometimes. HF moderation is starting to get silly.

Old
07-25-2012, 04:07 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrail View Post
Page 24, post #585

Old
07-25-2012, 04:09 PM
PFL615

Quote:
I don't think its that. I think Weber is highly driven on winning. I think he is saying Preds brass please do not give up on making this team better now that you signed me. Please don't roll your sleeves down now. I cant blame him for that.

Old
07-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
I truly believe Philly was Weber's first choice, but staying in Nashville wasn't a problem to him. Not his first choice but a decent option.
His first choice was big guaranteed money with a possible lockout coming, and a huge lifetime contract before the new CBA limits them.

I'm willing to let Shea off on this for now, he's here and he's going to be the face of this franchise for a long time. No sense in being spiteful and dragging this on, let the healing process begin and enjoy having Shea Weber locked up for the rest of his career. Now if he comes out and loafs on the ice and acts up demanding a trade next summer... then let the daggers fly!

Old
07-25-2012, 04:12 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Weber, Trotz, Poile all mention Doan as a target. Now that is interesting. Trotz says they want another top 4 d man (poile says patience) Weber says he would like to see more pieces added.

I think a top 4 d man is a must. Hopefully happens. I truly believe Philly was Weber's first choice, but staying in Nashville wasn't a problem to him. Not his first choice but a decent option. I do think he is going to have BIG questions to answer regarding his agents.
Doan is also a big christian. I have heard numerous people mention him and Fisher are good friends. Poile also elluded to Doan knowing some of the Preds players very well in his interview on 102.5

Old
07-25-2012, 04:29 PM
analogkid
Thread Killer

Now that all this is resolved I think we need to push management to make the game against Philly in December Shea Weber bobblehead night, who cares if is a Thursday? Nice little eye gouge to those __________!

Old
07-25-2012, 04:42 PM
PredsFanFromla

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogkid View Post
Now that all this is resolved I think we need to push management to make the game against Philly in December Shea Weber bobblehead night, who cares if is a Thursday? Nice little eye gouge to those __________!

I may actually get to attend this game,since my family is usually up in nashville around christmas time.

Old
07-25-2012, 04:49 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
The contract cannot be renogiated in any way except clauses
I know that. I'm not saying it can be renegotiated. I was just saying, it would be interesting if Weber had turned down not only a $104M offer from us, but one with a NTC, in favor of a Philly offer sheet with obviously no guarantees about NTC/NMC.

Old
07-25-2012, 04:54 PM
braindead

Quote:

+1, +1,+1. That line was worn out last year. Grow a pair. I want a captain that says "You can pair me with Billy ********ing Houlder and bring back Denny Lambert to anchor our first line, I'm Captain superballs and me and Pekka are gonna bring the Cup to this town repeatedly over the next 14 years."

Old
07-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

It is very reassuring to hear management say we have the money to fill holes in our roster.

I think adding a top 4 d man will be great. Adding Doan seems more likely than I originally thought. That would be fantastic.

Yandle and Jbo would be my first picks, but I would take a couple other options as well.

Old
07-25-2012, 05:01 PM
AEM6729

Quote:

I haven't listened to the conference call yet but was following it on Twitter, and it sounded like Weber's response about his agents was pretty unsatisfying: basically that what they said must just be how they feel because he had nothing to do with it.

Really bro? Those dudes are your EMPLOYEES. Their job is to represent you, and you pay them...a LOT...to do it. You can't let them run amok on the radio making you look bad then just shrug and be like "I wasn't involved in that". That's some ****ing weak sauce right there.

Obviously what his agents said on the radio reflects how Shea really feels, because if it didn't he would've gotten pissed and fired them by now. And let me be clear, it did hurt to hear those comments from his agents, but I'm not MAD about Shea's feelings themselves. I'm mad that his agents thought it was appropriate to air them on the radio as a means to pressure us not to match, and I'm mad that Shea apparently thinks that's acceptable behavior as well since he hasn't fired them or even spoken out strongly against them.

Honestly I'm more mad at his agents than anyone else in this whole scenario. They are total d-bags. I wish I knew how to contact them personally to tell them so.

Old
07-25-2012, 05:02 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
+1, +1,+1. That line was worn out last year. Grow a pair. I want a captain that says "You can pair me with Billy ********ing Houlder and bring back Denny Lambert to anchor our first line, I'm Captain superballs and me and Pekka are gonna bring the Cup to this town repeatedly over the next 14 years."
If he called himself Captain Superballs, all would be forgiven...forever. That's amazing, hahahaha.

Old
07-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Vitto79

from the outside looking in who rounds out NSH D? Do they sign a vet or two?

Defensemen
# NAME HEIGHT WEIGHT DATE OF BIRTH AGE BIRTH PLACE
7 JONATHON BLUM 6' 1" 190 JAN 30, 1989 23 LONG BEACH, CA, USA
49 RYAN ELLIS 5' 10" 179 JAN 3, 1991 21 HAMILTON, ON, CAN
75 HAL GILL 6' 7" 241 APR 6, 1975 37 CONCORD, MA, USA
59 ROMAN JOSI 6' 2" 198 JUN 1, 1990 22 BERN, CHE
8 KEVIN KLEIN 6' 1" 200 DEC 13, 1984 27 KITCHENER, ON, CAN

Old
07-25-2012, 05:14 PM
NoNecksCurse

weber - josi