HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Bobby Hunting [All Bobby Ryan Discussion | Part VI]

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-25-2012, 03:41 PM
  #126
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Nobody can ever take you serious from now on. Its quite obvious you don't watch the Ducks. They have this player i'm sure you never heard of him... let me help you out his name is Teemu Selanne. Ring a bell? He's that bum that's been top 5/10 in PP goals since hes been alive.. Yeah sorry Nash wouldn't get 1st PP time either...

Tell me all about Rick Nash's accomplishments that happed 4+ years ago!

You get zero respect from me!
for the record bobby ryan has more PP goals in the last
4 years then Nash does so your reason doesn't work here.
4 years ago when nash hit 40 goals he had only 6 in PP.
3 and 4 years ago Ryan hit 11 and 12 goals in PP. out of 30-35 goals...

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:45 PM
  #127
nycbruins*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
Before we signed a bunch of UFA defensemen it might have been talked about. But now we already have too many dmen. Also we have no need for Schneider.
You don't need eller because you signed souray & allen?

Man, ducks fans are funny in trade proposal threads.

We don't need a 25 year-old allstar because we got 2 washed up older guys. Perfect logic.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:45 PM
  #128
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPain View Post
Oh please stop with the weak and selective arguments that Nash is better than Ryan.

The facts are easy to see...Nash is 3 years older, paid 3 extra millions per year, hasn't accomplished for his team, and most importantly, he's in his prime while Ryan isn't even there yet. Ryan still has upside and the fact he didn't get any 1st PP time Vs Nash getting plenty is an important factor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
What does Ryan have to do with anything if Nash would be on our top PP unit? Take off your stupid goggles.

First: Perry>Nash so he's not going to take his spot.

Depending on where Getz plays on top unit is the deciding factor where Nash would slot. He's not going to supplant Selanne on PP. Unless he drops off, Selanne is still one of the top players in the game on the PP. If Getz went back to the point, then Nash would probably would be on top unit. It's not far fetched by any means. Basically Nash would be in same situation that Ryan is now.
WHETHER NASH HAS MORE PP TIME. HE HAS LESS GOALS IN PP THEN RYAN DOES IN THE LAST 4 YEARS.
when Nash hit 40 goals 4 years ago he only had 6 PPG....
all of your arguments about PP time doesnt work here sorry...
try another reason please

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:47 PM
  #129
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 17,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
You don't need eller because you signed souray & allen?

Man, ducks fans are funny in trade proposal threads.

We don't need a 25 year-old allstar because we got 2 washed up older guys. Perfect logic.
No, we don't need to trade our first line winger to get a player in a position we already have big numbers in, not to mention Lindholm and Vatanen being close to the NHL.

The whole point of trading Ryan would be to get a #2 center and offensive help, not a top pairing dman.

It's not a case of Edler not being a good player, because he's very good, it's a case of there not being a fit in Anaheim right now, and defence isn't a hole that Anaheim currently has.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:47 PM
  #130
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstickytoes View Post
your telling me if Rick Nash was in ANA the coach wouldn't try Getzlaf
with Nash on the PP?
anyways even if Nash gets more PP time does that seriously affect the fact
that Ryan never hit a 38 or more goal year in his whole career?
cmon man stop trying to give these reasons which we both
know isn't valid enough to explain why ryan didnt hit what Nash did.
please stop trying to defend your point. especially if your going to use reasons
like that..
Reasons like what? Proving how dense you are? You try and tell us about the team we follow when apparently you have zero clue what you are talking about.

All you care about is what Nash did 4+ years ago which was minisculey better. Why hasn't Nash scored more goals than Ryan the past 3 seasons. Now you are trying to hold Ryan hostage when he has only played 4 full seasons. LMAO

Nash scored 40 goals 4 years ago. Guess that qualifies him as the more valuable asset. lol.


Last edited by airforceones25: 07-25-2012 at 04:10 PM.
airforceones25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:49 PM
  #131
MajorPain
Registered User
 
MajorPain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
This is getting retarded!

So Ryan produces more goals on the 2nd PP while Nash produces less with more PP time on the 1st PP...and to you that means it shouldnt be factored in...

Hate to break it to you buddy but it makes it even worst for your case.

MajorPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:50 PM
  #132
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstickytoes View Post
WHETHER NASH HAS MORE PP TIME. HE HAS LESS GOALS IN PP THEN RYAN DOES IN THE LAST 4 YEARS.
when Nash hit 40 goals 4 years ago he only had 6 PPG....
all of your arguments about PP time doesnt work here sorry...
try another reason please
Ewww and you think that bum() can play on our 1st PP.

It's completely relative to the situation. If you give Bobby Ryan that ice time like Nash recieves he can score extra goals and maybe just maybe he would have your 2 40 goal seasons that you have such a hard on for.

airforceones25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:53 PM
  #133
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
You don't need eller because you signed souray & allen?

Man, ducks fans are funny in trade proposal threads.

We don't need a 25 year-old allstar because we got 2 washed up older guys. Perfect logic.
Allen is 31. That's old and washed up?

And the point is more that the defense isn't where the hole is. Why would the Ducks trade their best chip and not address their actual issue (2C) while at the same time insuring they now have to trade a free agent they just signed (Allen, Beauchemin) or one of their young building blocks (Sbisa, Fowler)? Plus they block Vatanen.

No, the Ducks don't "need" Edler. They need a 2C. Eller would be a luxury that would require getting rid of players who committed to the Ducks and wouldn't provide nearly as much value to the team as a center would. Try to actually evaluate team needs other than your own.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:54 PM
  #134
Force951
Registered User
 
Force951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Fair enough. I could trade you buff and you could turn him forward again?
Doesn't help us, especially since he is being paid like a top pairing dman, not a 2nd line wing.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:54 PM
  #135
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps
 
billybudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPain View Post
Oh please stop with the weak and selective arguments that Nash is better than Ryan.

The facts are easy to see...Nash is 3 years older, paid 3 extra millions per year, hasn't accomplished much for his team, and most importantly, he's in his prime while Ryan isn't even there yet. Ryan still has upside and the fact he didn't get any 1st PP time Vs Nash getting plenty is an important factor.

To be fair when comparing stats, you'd have to take Nash's 1st 4 full seasons Vs Ryan's 1st 4 and when you do, it's actually Ryan that has more goals.
Ryan win a Richard in those 4 seasons? Nope. Because it wasn't the same league. Goals were harder to come by. Talk about selective...

billybudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:54 PM
  #136
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstickytoes View Post
WHETHER NASH HAS MORE PP TIME. HE HAS LESS GOALS IN PP THEN RYAN DOES IN THE LAST 4 YEARS.
when Nash hit 40 goals 4 years ago he only had 6 PPG....
all of your arguments about PP time doesnt work here sorry...
try another reason please
How does that have to do with anything Ive said? Maybe you're quoting the wrong person? All I said was your comment about Ryan being on the 2nd unit is his own fault? That's a stupid statement. It's his fault that he's behind one of the better wingers in the game? Or because he's behind arguably one of the greatest PP players ever? No idea where you are going with this. Unless you're assuming im getting involved in your silly little Nash vs Ryan debate? Quote the right people and the confusion would be eliminated.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:58 PM
  #137
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
Ryan win a Richard in those 4 seasons? Nope. Because it wasn't the same league. Goals were harder to come by. Talk about selective...
8 years and 7 seasons ago he tied for a trophy... This make his more valuable now? LMAO

airforceones25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:00 PM
  #138
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,263
vCash: 300
Ryan is pretty easily the more valuable asset. Better player? Maybe not, maybe so, but his solid cap hit, age, and term make him the more manageable player.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:00 PM
  #139
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 17,363
vCash: 500
But.....you still want Ryan, right?

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:00 PM
  #140
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
Ryan win a Richard in those 4 seasons? Nope. Because it wasn't the same league. Goals were harder to come by. Talk about selective...
If we are going to be selective, only his first two seasons were harder. His third season was MUCH easier than this last year due to the post-lockout crackdown and his 4th was almost as much easier. Call it a wash.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:01 PM
  #141
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,246
vCash: 500
Its become Ryan vs Nash when IMO it's pretty simple. If both players were on Ryan's contact, I'd probably take Nash but it's close. When factoring in both players contracts and that one had a NTC, it's not even close. That simple.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:01 PM
  #142
Force951
Registered User
 
Force951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 50
Not the best place to get information, but the ESPN article on it has some good stats.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story...tter-rick-nash

Ryan scored more than Nash at both even strength and on the power play this past season, tallying 2.0 points per 60 minutes at even strength and 4.2 on the power play, compared to 1.9 and 3.3 for Nash. A case could be made that the surrounding cast around Ryan was superior to the one playing with Nash, but for the fifth-highest cap hit in the league, shouldn't Nash elevate the play of those around him?

Rel Corsi Ryan Nash
2007-08 7.6 5.6
2008-09 16.5 5.9
2009-10 16.8 2.9
2010-11 14.2 4.5
2011-12 5.9 -0.1

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:05 PM
  #143
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,287
vCash: 500
Nobody said Ryan was better. They said he was more valuable. We showed you the production, salaries, contract clauses and ages of the players to prove our point. All you care about is some season 4 plus years ago that he scored 38 goals or 40 goals. Congratulations.

You then try an knock Bobby Ryan because he hasnt scored 38goals. Lol.. He has been in the league half as many years and has yet to recieve the same amount of playing time on the 1st PP unit which would theoretically increase his goal totals.

You my friend are terrible at debates.

airforceones25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:05 PM
  #144
MajorPain
Registered User
 
MajorPain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
Ryan win a Richard in those 4 seasons? Nope. Because it wasn't the same league. Goals were harder to come by. Talk about selective...
You can't be serious here! You mean that year where 3 players won the trophy, the one year considered by many to be the weakest for goal scorers (only 41 goals for the 3 leaders)?!

MajorPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:10 PM
  #145
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
How does that have to do with anything Ive said? Maybe you're quoting the wrong person? All I said was your comment about Ryan being on the 2nd unit is his own fault? That's a stupid statement. It's his fault that he's behind one of the better wingers in the game? Or because he's behind arguably one of the greatest PP players ever? No idea where you are going with this. Unless you're assuming im getting involved in your silly little Nash vs Ryan debate? Quote the right people and the confusion would be eliminated.
all im trying to say is that Rick Nash is much more of an impact player then Ryan is.
if he was in ANA the coach would for sure try him with Getzlaf.
Rick Nash is better than Ryan. He accomplished more with a much worse team.
the players Ryan plays with are way better then Nash's line mates.
On top of that if Ryan plays on the 2nd line then hes not going up against the best
defensive pair on the other team hes playing against which is supposed to be much more of an advantage because playing with a player like selanne like you said should
make him alot better to make points and score right?

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:13 PM
  #146
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,287
vCash: 500
Mr.... Nobody cares how good Rick Nash is/was! All we are saying is that Bobby Ryan is more valuable! Please understand that! THANK YOU!

airforceones25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:17 PM
  #147
BergyWho37
Registered User
 
BergyWho37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Reasons like what? Proving how dense you are? You try and tell us about the team we follow when apparently you have zero clue what you are talking about.

All you care about is what Nash did 4+ years ago which was minisculey better. Why hasn't Nash scored more goals than Ryan the past 3 seasons. Now you are trying to hold Ryan hostage when he has only played 4 full seasons. LMAO

Nash scored 40 goals 4 years ago. Guess that qualifies him as a better player. lol.
Its just as funny hearing your rant .. Wait and see dude !! Now that Nash has teammates you mite be suffer from foot in mouth disease

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:20 PM
  #148
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Nobody said Ryan was better. They said he was more valuable. We showed you the production, salaries, contract clauses and ages of the players to prove our point. All you care about is some season 4 plus years ago that he scored 38 goals or 40 goals. Congratulations.

You then try an knock Bobby Ryan because he hasnt scored 38goals. Lol.. He has been in the league half as many years and has yet to recieve the same amount of playing time on the 1st PP unit which would theoretically increase his goal totals.

You my friend are terrible at debates.
OMG FOR the last time his PP TIME doesnt defend your point!!!!!!!!!! what dont you get in that!?
Nash has less goals on PP then ryan does!!!
Ryans Teamates are wayyyyyyyy better then Nash's teamates.
you have to be ignorant if you think the opposite

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:25 PM
  #149
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstickytoes View Post
OMG FOR the last time his PP TIME doesnt defend your point!!!!!!!!!! what dont you get in that!?
Nash has less goals on PP then ryan does!!!
Ryans Teamates are wayyyyyyyy better then Nash's teamates.
you have to be ignorant if you think the opposite
You said Bobby Ryan has never scored 38 goals before. I said put him on the 1st PP unit and he has an extremely good shot at it. What can't you understand? Do you want me to youtube it so you can hear it because you obviously aren't reading it. What does the fact that Rick Nash not being able to produce on the PP have anything to do with Ryan trying to score 38 goals. Lol

And for the love of god what does having scored 38 goals have to do with being more valuable? I'm done with you. Have a blessed day.

airforceones25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:27 PM
  #150
duxfan8
Registered User
 
duxfan8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Bobby Ryan is younger, still has potential, and is on a better contract than Nash. He should definitely get more than Nash.
And he didn't handcuff the team with a formal trade request

duxfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.