HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge III

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

vCash: 500
If I was killed at a Coldstone Creamery, I think that would a higher being's way of saying, "We need you your soul somewhere else. I hope you enjoyed the cookie dough."

Old
07-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
We're you worried about flying in an airplane before 9-11? Now lots of people are more cautious and watch their surroundings. That's all. Have a good day.
Lots of people became more cautious and watch their surroundings based on such events that have happened before 9-11.

There is the WTC attack in 1993
Quite a few school shootings took place over the last 20 years. One of those school shootings took place about 15-20 miles from where the movie theater shooting took place at Colmbine High School.

Some people could aruge that others have not become more cautious after 9-11 and what took place down in Tucson in 2011 is a prime example. There was no law enforcement presense at Giffords event before the shooting which is odd seeing that the president always has protection.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:54 PM
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post

I can say without hesitation however that had someone (preferably several) been carrying (other than the perp.) this clown could have had his red hair the night of the incident, courtesy of a bullet, or better yet "bullets" to the head!
I just got a chilling vision of multiple "carrying" vigilantes retaliating against this guy in a gas-choked foggy theater, bullets whizzing everywhere, trying to figure out who all the idiot clown shot at and who got hit when the vigilantes missed, or took each other out not knowing which person firing a gun was the clown in the darkness and confusion.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyOldMan View Post
I just got a chilling vision of multiple "carrying" vigilantes retaliating against this guy in a gas-choked foggy theater, bullets whizzing everywhere, trying to figure out who all the idiot clown shot at and who got hit when the vigilantes missed, or took each other out not knowing which person firing a gun was the clown in the darkness and confusion.
I just got a chilling vision of the military shooting at innocent people and the people can't shoot back because guns were made illegal.

We don't need the extremes in control.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 07-23-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old
07-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
We're you worried about flying in an airplane before 9-11? Now lots of people are more cautious and watch their surroundings. That's all. Have a good day.
Nope and I'm not now either. I think your wording says a lot though, you asked that question as if my answer was a forgone conclusion, as if it was a near certainty that I would be worried about flying in a post 9/11 world.

It would seem you make no distinction between the exception and the rule. Personally I will not give exceptions the time of day, you may think that's reckless but when we both die of heart disease in 30-40 years perhaps you'll understand my thought process.

Old
07-23-2012, 05:37 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Well, you can relax. The nation is what we have made it and the chance of that happening is all but nil, of course so is chance of some clown never acting out in this way again (because of the threat of said "vigilantes").

Last edited by kihekah19: 07-23-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old
07-23-2012, 05:44 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Nope and I'm not now either. I think your wording says a lot though, you asked that question as if my answer was a forgone conclusion, as if it was a near certainty that I would be worried about flying in a post 9/11 world.

It would seem you make no distinction between the exception and the rule. Personally I will not give exceptions the time of day, you may think that's reckless but when we both die of heart disease in 30-40 years perhaps you'll understand my thought process.
Agreed. Analyze the law of averages, or lean on faith; whatever works. The way folks overreact is the very reason the cowardice of terrorism is practiced.

Old
07-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
If I was killed at a Coldstone Creamery, I think that would a higher being's way of saying, "We need you your soul somewhere else. I hope you enjoyed the cookie dough."
I have psychic powers and I can say with %100 certainty you will not be killed in a Coldstone Creamery. Now go enjoy some cookie dough!

Quote:
Psshh no need to worry...I can reliably hit static paper targets at my local gun range, I'm pretty sure taking out a heavily armed gunman in head to toe ballistic gear firing away in a dark crowded theater full of hysterical people and tear gas shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I just got a chilling vision of the military shooting at innocent people and the people can't shoot back because guns were made illegal.

We don't need the extremes in control.
Are you just making random statements? I don't see a post in this entire thread where someone advocates making guns illegal.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
The way folks overreact is the very reason the cowardice of terrorism is practiced.
This a thousand times over!

Old
07-23-2012, 06:51 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Psshh no need to worry...I can reliably hit static paper targets at my local gun range, I'm pretty sure taking out a heavily armed gunman in head to toe ballistic gear firing away in a dark crowded theater full of hysterical people and tear gas shouldn't be a problem.

Your point is valid for those that respond with flight. However, the "fight or flight" response dictates that there are those who can and will perform as your sarcastic example indicates. It is not for everyone and the decision to carry a firearm is not to be taken lightly.

We must always remember that this country was built by all types of men, including those with the form of courage and conviction that allows them to fight.

Old
07-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Your point is valid for those that respond with flight. However, the "fight or flight" response dictates that there are those who can and will perform as your sarcastic example indicates. It is not for everyone and the decision to carry a firearm is not to be taken lightly.

We must always remember that this country was built by all types of men, including those with the form of courage and conviction that allows them to fight.
That is not true, fight or flight dictates how a person reacts, it does not dictate results. Choosing to "fight" does not mean you're going to be particularly successful at it.

Old
07-23-2012, 07:43 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
I have psychic powers and I can say with %100 certainty you will not be killed in a Coldstone Creamery. Now go enjoy some cookie dough!
However, I would seriously avoid Chipotle if I were you.

Old
07-23-2012, 07:50 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
That is not true, fight or flight dictates how a person reacts, it does not dictate results. Choosing to "fight" does not mean you're going to be particularly successful at it.
Perhaps I misunderstood you, or you've misunderstood me.

Success in anything is not guaranteed. There are those (even if armed) that will choose flight, there would also be those that would freeze and many that would panic and miss their target. The adrenaline rush of the hunter about to take his first prey is often a heart pounding, heavy breathing experience that results in failure. That is why it is not to be taken lightly on an individual basis and all the more reason for experience with firearms..... something this country for all its weaponry lacks.

Old
07-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Funny how things present themselves...in a series of mouse clicks completely unrelated to this discussion, I happened upon
this book: Liars and Outliers

Old
07-23-2012, 08:07 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Funny how things present themselves...in a series of mouse clicks completely unrelated to this discussion, I happened upon
this book: Liars and Outliers

"Trust no man"

Hell, just look at my avatar!

Old
07-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:

"Trust no man"

Hell, just look at my avatar!
I don't understand, what are you quoting?

Old
07-23-2012, 08:33 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
I don't understand, what are you quoting?
Nothing in particular, the Bible is full of trust no man oriented verses, the book you presented is about trust. I (apparently mistakenly) felt it was a fine set up for my attempt at poking fun at what could be perceived as a wary looking canine.

Old
07-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

RIP Sherman Hemsley

You were movin on up in Hollywood and now you are movin on up in heaven.

Old
07-25-2012, 03:35 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
RIP Sherman Hemsley

You were movin on up in Hollywood and now you are movin on up in heaven.
Who?

Old
07-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Who?

Old
07-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Who?
George Jefferson!!

Old
07-25-2012, 04:09 PM
doaner

Quote:
George Jefferson!!
I'm young. Haha. Didn't watch the show.

Old
07-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Yeah I was barely old enough to remember most of it. As an adult I can appreciate the significance of the show from a racial standpoint but mostly I just thought it was funny, George Jefferson was a crack up!

Old
07-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah I was barely old enough to remember most of it. As an adult I can appreciate the significance of the show from a racial standpoint but mostly I just thought it was funny, George Jefferson was a crack up!
Most of you here at HF make me feel real old. I know of wany too many old tv shows.

The ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Trapper John MD
Dallas
St. Elsewhere
Sliver Spoons
Small Wonder
MASH
All In The Family
Webster
Too Close for Comfort
Welcome Back Kotter
Three's Company
Good Times
Different Strokes
The facts of Life

Old
07-25-2012, 06:05 PM
krepitch
Coyote Fan

Quote:
Me, too.

Watching some clips today reminded me of how funny it was, but now that I'm older I can recognize the social importance of the show.

Closed Thread