HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks re-sign RFA F Dale Weise to 1-Year, $615,000 Deal (1-Way)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-25-2012, 04:39 PM
  #51
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat
 
Eddy Punch Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chillbillyville
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lush View Post
It's strange seeing contracts that aren't 7 figures these days
Yeah, seems so old school. remember when Captain Kirk signed that eye popping million dollar contract? Think that was the Canucks first seven digit contract.

Meh, nothing wrong with being a hundred-thousandaire I suppose.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 05:15 PM
  #52
Cool Hand Goof*
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
So many forwards...wtf are we going to do if we land Doan?
kill them?

Cool Hand Goof* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 05:19 PM
  #53
Petey Cee
reel gud
 
Petey Cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King goof View Post
kill them?
Put them in the battledome to compete for the roster spots

Petey Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 05:21 PM
  #54
Cool Hand Goof*
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
I feel like I'm one of the few that's happy he's back.

He has room to become a very good and effective 4th liner. He just played his first full NHL season, and he's still pretty young (turns 24 in August).
nah im pretty happy , hes healthy young and proven he can put up some points

people also dont remember when volpatti went down there wasnt many players standing up for anyone , dale jumped right into a boston beef that he wasnt even a real part of and ended up scrapping with horton for 2 minutes

he may not win alot of fights but the guy sticks up for his teammates

Cool Hand Goof* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 05:22 PM
  #55
4thlinegrinders
Registered User
 
4thlinegrinders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 888
vCash: 100
good, he can actually play unlike some of the 4th liners we've had in the past few years

4thlinegrinders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 05:28 PM
  #56
Pseudonymous
Registered User
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King goof View Post
nah im pretty happy , hes healthy young and proven he can put up some points

people also dont remember when volpatti went down there wasnt many players standing up for anyone , dale jumped right into a boston beef that he wasnt even a real part of and ended up scrapping with horton for 2 minutes

he may not win alot of fights but the guy sticks up for his teammates
Yeah you gotta love when one of your teammates makes the player who just ran you over feel EVEN BETTER about himself.

Ive always thought that was the biggest load of crap, its always coming from older people or people who have never fought a day in their life... usually comes from the announcers/play by play guys who has gotten it into the fans heads that it means something.

to be honest, if i lost a battle, i would not want my buddy to go in there and also get his ass kicked. i rather him NOT fight. and i would probably be mad at him for boosting his ego even more

on the other side, if i beat somebody up and then his buddy jumped in and i beat him up too, i'd feel like god

i couldn't stand when Bryan Allen fought every game and continued to lose em all and i hate watching Weise fight, i sure hope hes picked up some better fighting skills in this off season.

Pseudonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 05:54 PM
  #57
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 21,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
Yeah you gotta love when one of your teammates makes the player who just ran you over feel EVEN BETTER about himself.

Ive always thought that was the biggest load of crap, its always coming from older people or people who have never fought a day in their life... usually comes from the announcers/play by play guys who has gotten it into the fans heads that it means something.

to be honest, if i lost a battle, i would not want my buddy to go in there and also get his ass kicked. i rather him NOT fight. and i would probably be mad at him for boosting his ego even more

on the other side, if i beat somebody up and then his buddy jumped in and i beat him up too, i'd feel like god

i couldn't stand when Bryan Allen fought every game and continued to lose em all and i hate watching Weise fight, i sure hope hes picked up some better fighting skills in this off season.
It was a piece of crap when you're 'Oreo' standing around on the ice watching Ehrhoff getting ***** slapped.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 05:57 PM
  #58
Pseudonymous
Registered User
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
It was a piece of crap when you're 'Oreo' standing around on the ice watching Ehrhoff getting ***** slapped.
Well its true, there are some who are so far in the wrong direction like Oreo. lol

But for the most part, most players will come over and make sure things dont happen, i'd rather a player like Dale Weise stand in the middle and separate like Kassian did when people were going after malhotra

I just don't like watching our players get their faces smashed and boost that bruisers ego even more. And nobody likes to watch a teammate lose a fight either

Pseudonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 06:00 PM
  #59
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 21,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
But for the most part, most players will come over and make sure things dont happen, i'd rather a player like Dale Weise stand in the middle and separate like Kassian did when people were going after malhotra

I just don't like watching our players get their faces smashed and boost that bruisers ego even more. And nobody likes to watch a teammate lose a fight either
Fair enough. Though in the case of Lappy, I'm glad he has continued to show he's been willing to 'get his nose dirty' and not be afraid to stick up for his teammates (considering the 'agitating style' he plays).

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 06:03 PM
  #60
Pseudonymous
Registered User
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Fair enough. Though in the case of Lappy, I'm glad he has continued to show he's been willing to 'get his nose dirty' and not be afraid to stick up for his teammates (considering the 'agitating style' he plays).
I like when Lapierre fights. and also more importantly, hes getting better with each fight. and lapierre actually swings. weise looks like hes just trying not to lose too badly by dodging . lol

also good that lapierre is able to back up his words when push comes to shove, like you said

Pseudonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 06:08 PM
  #61
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 21,633
vCash: 500
lol - just had a bad flashback memory Garth Butcher's "fighting technique" when you were talking about Allen fighting....

Butcher - though he answered the bell every single time - wasn't particularly adept at fighting. His technique was to bang his head into the other guys fists.

Craig Coxe was one the best at this (tired out Bob Probert in his prime with this tactic).

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 06:10 PM
  #62
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,776
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
Yeah you gotta love when one of your teammates makes the player who just ran you over feel EVEN BETTER about himself.
I have to disagree. As much as I hate fights after clean hits, I hate to see our star players get their clocks cleaned and not have anyone do anything about it. Especially when it's that punk Marchand who even Tanev could beat up.

Weise I thought was very good at what he did cause he was smart about it e.g. going after Horton in Boston, then trying to fight McQuaid even though he probably knew he'd lose taking Boston to 5 defenseman for 5 minutes would have been good for us.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 06:12 PM
  #63
Pseudonymous
Registered User
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
I have to disagree. As much as I hate fights after clean hits, I hate to see our star players get their clocks cleaned and not have anyone do anything about it. Especially when it's that punk Marchand who even Tanev could beat up.

Weise I thought was very good at what he did cause he was smart about it e.g. going after Horton in Boston, then trying to fight McQuaid even though he probably knew he'd lose taking Boston to 5 defenseman for 5 minutes would have been good for us.
I agree, i dont like seeing somebody do nothing about it too! i like to see somebody/ANYBODY other than weise fight that battle. And there isn't just fights that you can do in response. You can go out and level a guy the next shift. However the canucks never seem to get them back

I guess if its the playoffs and you can't risk having any of your other more valuable players in the penalty box for 5 minutes and the only fringe nhler you have is weise , i guess its good he'll throw them. but to be honest, most fringe nhlers will , including volpatti, and i rather never see it unless it is a questionable hit and somebody is answering the bell. WHen it comes to protecting our players or change the momentum, i rather not see weise fight

the cases where weise should fight aren't that common.

if our star player gets real badly hurt from somebody during the season, i dont care if our good player sits for 5, i want to see kassian or bieksa fight. its not a crucial game, its not the end of the season and we aint a fringe playoff team


Last edited by Pseudonymous: 07-25-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Pseudonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 01:27 AM
  #64
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Van!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
All of this. I don't get why some people didn't want him back. He still has a few more years to improve & become a mainstay on a 4th line.
Approx 50% of people are below average intelligence.

craigcaulks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 01:30 AM
  #65
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Van!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post

Craig Coxe was one the best at this (tired out Bob Probert in his prime with this tactic).

gloves off, helmet off, sleeves up. The battles with Detroit were awesome, Kocur/Probert v Stanley/Coxe et al.

craigcaulks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:12 AM
  #66
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 21,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
gloves off, helmet off, sleeves up. The battles with Detroit were awesome, Kocur/Probert v Stanley/Coxe et al.
Yup. They sometimes talk about boxers who have a "glass jaw" (can't take a punch without getting knockout out). Coxe could take punches seemingly all day long.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.