HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Stanley Cup DVD - Released Today! (7/24)

Old
07-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Shootmaster_44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorPenguin View Post
Any info for us canadians? Im visiting edmonton and i cant find it anywhere. I checked bestbuy, futureshop, hmv and chapters/indigo. No luck. Can anyone help?
Even Amazon.ca doesn't have it. My guess is that it hasn't been released in Canada or is a NHL.com exclusive. If you're in Edmonton, you might want to take a look at Game On Sports. I've never noticed DVDs/BluRays there but they are the official Oilers store, so if it is a NHL exclusive in Canada, they might be the only place to buy it.

But really, if HMV at West Edmonton Mall doesn't have it, I doubt it is available in Canada. They are the biggest HMV in Western Canada (as far as I know) and only second to the one on Yonge Street in Toronto. You may have to break down and order it online like I did.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Is Canada region 1 NTSC?

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:04 PM
cneil99

I'm in Calgary and can't find it either, don't know what to do

cneil99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
My blu-ray copy is on its way from Amazon. Will be here tomorrow.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:28 PM
EmperorPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
Even Amazon.ca doesn't have it. My guess is that it hasn't been released in Canada or is a NHL.com exclusive. If you're in Edmonton, you might want to take a look at Game On Sports. I've never noticed DVDs/BluRays there but they are the official Oilers store, so if it is a NHL exclusive in Canada, they might be the only place to buy it.

But really, if HMV at West Edmonton Mall doesn't have it, I doubt it is available in Canada. They are the biggest HMV in Western Canada (as far as I know) and only second to the one on Yonge Street in Toronto. You may have to break down and order it online like I did.
Thanks for the info. I broke down and ordered it on amazon.ca. It said i should get it in 7 days, just in time for me to arrive home.

EmperorPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:31 PM
bcking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
You may have to break down and order it online like I did.
Has the teamlastore shipped your dvd already? I ordered from them too the same day the kings won. I haven't got any email or order update saying that it has been shipped.

bcking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Best Buy in Irvine has them out front on display.

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:50 PM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

Just purchased mine from Best Buy MV! Can't wait to watch it.

BehindEnemyLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 09:13 PM
ru4reals

Watching it right now! Finishing up the first disc! Simply awesome!

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

At Dicks Sporting Goods El Segundo, 34.99 for the br/DVD ouch!

Old
07-24-2012, 09:50 PM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Seed

Well.. that was epic.

Couple of thoughts:

Make sure to check out the extended locker room celebration on the DVD. Aside from all the obvious cool stuff, around 2 minutes in Voynov's flag-waving is hilarious.

Someone really should have prepped me for Helene Elliott, so I'll prep you all. Scary.

I was really, really happy they used such a wide variety of announcers for various goal calls (i.e. less Doc Emrick in the Final - more Nick, Hughson and Strader).

The ending was fabulous as others have said, but the whole thing was really, really well done. Just wish it were about 10 1/2 hours longer.

It was great seeing Quick being 1. relaxed and 2. self-deprecating about that Morris red line goal. Gold.

Next year's games vs. the Canucks, Blues, Sharks, Coyotes and Devils are going to be SO much fun.

- T

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

There was a line at Frys several hundred long but at Dicks you just walk up...and he'll sign anything and more than one copy too, within reason...Greene I mean.

Old
07-24-2012, 10:01 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

I was left wanting more on on the actual documentary side of things as I felt it was too much "here's a goal" and not enough of the game within the game, especially because you know they have a ton of awesome stuff from micing up the players but they really hold back.

Think about how they used to mic up Lawrence Taylor and other bad-***** in the NFL...you get classic moments that add to the LT legend such as him going crazy telling that guy "You better hope I don't get back in there or I'm going to kick your bleepy bleep bleep...." The NHL seems to pull the plug right before it gets juicy, making you think all these guys ever say is "C'mon boys!".

The extras are plentiful but this disc will do nothing for those of you hoping to clear space out on your DVR anytime soon. Hopefully there will be a box set containing full games later on. I just feel the documentary doesn't do a good job of capturing the intensity of the games...doesn't even show the Hanzal board or Smith hack on Brown, even though they sell the "Get in Mike Smith's head" angle.

The NHL guys are definitely not NFL Films, not even close. Still, you need to buy this thing. Do it now though before it goes to standard, above $30 price tag.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:58 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Watching the DVD now... so epic.

Watch the second goal of game 3 in the finals. That pass Kopi receives is fluttering about an inch off the ice when he burries it. Hadn't noticed that until now. An unreal display of grace under pressure.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 12:39 AM
Maynard

My biggest complaint, nothing from Lombardi. Not one interview, they don't even mention him. Lame.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:55 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post

So I went and picked up the blu-ray this morning, then I drove down to Sharkeez in Newport for a "secret" appearance by this bad boy right here.

Pretty damn good day!
God damn mother****er I must find one of these 'secret' appearances! Why can't these *******s do one somewhere closer than an hour away from me! Come on... Burbank is nice...

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 01:09 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
At Dicks Sporting Goods El Segundo, 34.99 for the br/DVD ouch!
Yeah tell me about it! Oh well! Awesome video regardless!

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 01:33 AM
Maynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
I was left wanting more on on the actual documentary side of things as I felt it was too much "here's a goal" and not enough of the game within the game, especially because you know they have a ton of awesome stuff from micing up the players but they really hold back.

Think about how they used to mic up Lawrence Taylor and other bad-***** in the NFL...you get classic moments that add to the LT legend such as him going crazy telling that guy "You better hope I don't get back in there or I'm going to kick your bleepy bleep bleep...." The NHL seems to pull the plug right before it gets juicy, making you think all these guys ever say is "C'mon boys!".

The extras are plentiful but this disc will do nothing for those of you hoping to clear space out on your DVR anytime soon. Hopefully there will be a box set containing full games later on. I just feel the documentary doesn't do a good job of capturing the intensity of the games...doesn't even show the Hanzal board or Smith hack on Brown, even though they sell the "Get in Mike Smith's head" angle.

The NHL guys are definitely not NFL Films, not even close. Still, you need to buy this thing. Do it now though before it goes to standard, above $30 price tag.
Agreed. To me it seemed like something FS West would put together. I haven't seen all the bonus stuff yet so maybe it gets better.

I'd buy it again 100 times, it's a must have for Kings fans but I was hoping for a more unique experience.

Old
07-25-2012, 01:34 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Can anyone tell if the Blue-ray is region free since i'm in Sweden that would be region 2.

It should be written on the back cover.

Edit: **** not available outside USA and Canada????????????????? Nice talking about world premiere then this.

This sucks

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
There's no way I'll get my copy within next week, and next week I'm off for 20 days of relax in Tuscany. However, I wish some good guy will make a torrent of it...I want to watch it on the beach.

Albi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Can anyone tell if the Blue-ray is region free since i'm in Sweden that would be region 2.

It should be written on the back cover.

Edit: **** not available outside USA and Canada????????????????? Nice talking about world premiere then this.

This sucks
Don't worry, I had the same problem here in Italy, but you only need to buy a bluray player region free.

Albi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 05:34 PM
lak4ever

Bestbuy in Burbank and Glendale are sold out of the blu-ray combo.

The frys in Burbank had a bunch in stock. On sale for $19.99

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 05:56 PM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

Just ordered from Amazon, should be here Friday.

Why does the Bluray product have 2 discs?

DoktorJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 07:23 PM
HTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorJeep View Post
Just ordered from Amazon, should be here Friday.

Why does the Bluray product have 2 discs?
The 2nd disk is a standard DVD. I was confused too.

HTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 07:46 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Well.. that was epic.

Couple of thoughts:

Make sure to check out the extended locker room celebration on the DVD. Aside from all the obvious cool stuff, around 2 minutes in Voynov's flag-waving is hilarious.

Someone really should have prepped me for Helene Elliott, so I'll prep you all. Scary.

I was really, really happy they used such a wide variety of announcers for various goal calls (i.e. less Doc Emrick in the Final - more Nick, Hughson and Strader).

The ending was fabulous as others have said, but the whole thing was really, really well done. Just wish it were about 10 1/2 hours longer.

It was great seeing Quick being 1. relaxed and 2. self-deprecating about that Morris red line goal. Gold.

Next year's games vs. the Canucks, Blues, Sharks, Coyotes and Devils are going to be SO much fun.

- T
Did her face break (even more) when AEG and Dean won a cup!?!

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote