HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash+S. Delisle+cond. 3rd to NYR for Dubinsky+Anisimov+Erixon+2013 1st (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
If anyone cares, here's a video of a Dubi interview today in Columbus.

Old
07-25-2012, 08:08 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgirl View Post
One of the main CBJ problems in my mind is that they haven't sucked bad enough over the years. Go back and look at the drafts. Judge where that initial talent drop-off was projected to be. Double-check where the CBJ picked. Almost every year it was the spot after the drop-off. They ended up picking 6th most years. Where would they be had they won the Crosby sweepstakes? They had the same number of balls in the pot. They have never won the draft lottery either but have been pushed down multiple years.

Everyone always thinks they suck (and they have) but they have never truly bottomed out (until this past season when they still got screwed, although I think Howson wanted Murray anyway).

And stupid MacLean overrode his scouts and didn't pick Kopitar or Phanuef. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
They also have drafted really poorly.

07-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

The only 1st overall draft they got (when they picked Nash) was after a trade with Florida. They never were given the 1st overall draft so they have been unlucky

Old
07-25-2012, 08:20 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
If anyone cares, here's a video of a Dubi interview today in Columbus.
I feel for Dubi. He says all the right things like a true pro but you can tell in his body language how upset he is.

Old
07-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
I feel for Dubi. He says all the right things like a true pro but you can tell in his body language how upset he is.
I didn't get that at all, he is as awkward of interview as he's always been.

Old
07-25-2012, 08:35 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Does he prefer right wing or left wing?

"I like both for different reasons. Left, I like coming out of my own end with my stick protecting me, and right, I like having my stick in the middle to shoot and protect the puck. So, I think over my career I've been bounced back and forth so many times that it really doesn't matter."

On having the opportunity to play with a top center like Richards:

"It's exciting. Obviously over the years in Columbus we've tried different combinations and sometimes it worked. There were some good seasons in there personally and a couple good ones where we almost been pretty close to making the playoffs. But this is a world-class team and (there are some) top centermen on any team in the league, so it's exciting
."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...ced/56489722/1

Old
07-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I feel for Dubinsky. At the end of that video when the guy says "One of the newest Columbus Blue Jackets, Brandon Dubinsky...", I feel like Dubi is just staring at the camera and hearing that, and just thinking to himself, "**** MY LIFE".

Old
07-25-2012, 08:41 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

In a nut shell, as cruel as this sounds, Dubinsky did this to himself.

Sure he wasn't the one to be given the contract, but at the same time he laxed in his progression. He didn't continue to develop into the two way forward we all thought he could be. I don't think it was because of a lack of effort, it's just the skill amount of skill isn't to the level we assumed it would be.

If he could have continued to grow I think he would have stayed as an untouchable.

07-25-2012, 08:43 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
I feel for Dubinsky. At the end of that video when the guy says "One of the newest Columbus Blue Jackets, Brandon Dubinsky...", I feel like Dubi is just staring at the camera and hearing that, and just thinking to himself, "**** MY LIFE".
He looked really dejected in that whole interview, imo. Like WTF is going on.

Hes like the backend here is good, and Im thinking to myself hes gonna miss Mcd, Girardi, Staalsy, DZ.....

Old
07-25-2012, 08:52 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

I wonder if Artie and Dubi's new wives are excited about relocating to Columbus?

Well at least the 2 of them have each other and will know Prospal there.... Let's just hope they are keeping an eye on Tim Erixon so he doesn't harm himself.

Old
07-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
really sucks for him.. he goes from the biggest market plus of the best teams that was in the ecf that he's been with for 8 years to a very small market that was the worst team. I would be ****ing pissed of to no limit. Feel bad for dubi i hope he some how gets traded to a good team.

Old
07-25-2012, 09:06 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
In a nut shell, as cruel as this sounds, Dubinsky did this to himself.

Sure he wasn't the one to be given the contract, but at the same time he laxed in his progression. He didn't continue to develop into the two way forward we all thought he could be. I don't think it was because of a lack of effort, it's just the skill amount of skill isn't to the level we assumed it would be.

If he could have continued to grow I think he would have stayed as an untouchable.
Yup

If Dubi had a season like 25 goals and 25-30 assists for like 50-55 points, then I bet he would still be here and someone like Hagelin would have been gone the other way with AA, Erixon and a 1st.

Old
07-25-2012, 09:07 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Yup

If Dubi had a season like 25 goals and 25-30 assists for like 50-55 points, then I bet he would still be here and someone like Hagelin would have been gone the other way with AA, Erixon and a 1st.
I don't even think we would have been looking to get Nash honestly. Our offense probably would have been a little better if we took the Dubi from 2 years ago and put it with this team.

Old
07-25-2012, 09:21 PM
OverTheCap

Dubi has matured a lot since he first came up, he's saying all the right things although I'm sure he's disappointed. He really enjoyed being a Ranger and said multiple times that he wanted to be a Ranger for life.

He is handling the trade much better than Jeff Carter did when he was traded to Columbus, he went MIA and wouldn't speak to the media for 4 days after the transaction.

Old
07-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Would be interested in evidence in this. Don't think it's right for player to have involvement in upper management either.
Yea - that's a complete reach. I've never heard that anywhere.

I feel like you didn't want to deal Dubi and Anisimov so you're really being overly pessimistic about Nash. You're free to dislike the deal, but Nash is the real deal - which he's shown throughout his career. I'd say two things.

1. Give the guy a shot - he IS that good.

2. Wait to see the finished product. When the season starts (whenever that is), you may come to find that this team is better and more prepared for an extended playoff run. I expect to see at least another forward and defenseman added...

Old
07-25-2012, 09:49 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Ola is right, very rarely do players in their draft year make the WJ Canadian team, yet perform with high standards in them. Stamkos had 1g in 7 games as a 17 yr old in his WJC year.
I brought up the WJC as just anothe example of Nash's lack of production in either playoffs or best-on-bests. While his poor WJC might be excuseable, his two Olympiads and the one playoff series don't give any indication that Nash can deliver in big spots in the postseason.

I don't care how dominant he "looked" to some in Vancouver in 2010. He scored a garbage goal in a blowout against Germany, had two assists in a blowout against Norway and had a goal in a blowout against Russia.

Old
07-25-2012, 09:57 PM
nevesis

Some of you people are insane.

Dubinsky is paid AFTER taxes, $56,640.91 dollars PER WEEK TO PLAY PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY.

That is more than most people make in a year. He just spent many years playing in the greatest city, biggest market in the world, and now he's moving elsewhere.

He REALLY will be fine. Some in the thread act like his parents and family were just abducted and his dog killed in front of him.

He lives the fantasy life we all wish we could live. I think he's going to be fine.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:01 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Because a team drafted him, and he didnt prove a damn thing in the NHL yet. Thats for starters. I think the rule right now is a joke, and I think the players that use it are usually jokes.

Perfect example of what goes around comes around.
Entitled to your opinion. What Erixon did was perfectly legal and Calgary was amply compensated.

Erixon didn't pick Calgary. Calgary picked him. The chance is small, but every GM in every sport has to entertain the idea that they can't keep every draft pick.

It happens in baseball all the time. Eli Manning did it. Eric Lindros did it. IIRC both Mike Rupp, Van Ryn, and Nick Boynton did it as well.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:01 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post

Dubinsky is paid AFTER taxes, $56,640.91 dollars PER WEEK TO PLAY PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY.

That is more than most people make in a year. He just spent many years playing in the greatest city, biggest market in the world, and now he's moving elsewhere.

He REALLY will be fine. Some in the thread act like his parents and family were just abducted and his dog killed in front of him.

He lives the fantasy life we all wish we could live. I think he's going to be fine.
Plus in 3 short years he'll be able to sign with any team of his choosing (granted they want his services)... Not like he got Jeff Cartered.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Plus in 3 short years he'll be able to sign with any team of his choosing (granted they want his services)... Not like he got Jeff Cartered.
I wouldn't mind getting Jeff Cartered

#stanleycup

Old
07-25-2012, 10:03 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Entitled to your opinion. What Erixon did was perfectly legal and Calgary was amply compensated.

Erixon didn't pick Calgary. Calgary picked him. The chance is small, but every GM in every sport has to entertain the idea that they can't keep every draft pick.

It happens in baseball all the time. Eli Manning did it. Eric Lindros did it. IIRC both Mike Rupp, Van Ryn, and Nick Boynton did it as well.
Also stresses the importance of the draft interviews... Really have to get a feel for the demeanor of the player and get a sense for whether or not the player would be eager to play for your franchise.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:06 PM
McMonster

Really gotta feel bad for anyone put in that position. To go from a contending team in New York to a $#%$ team in Columbus has to really suck. Especially for a guy who was well-liked by his teammates and fans.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:06 PM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
he looks slimmer
that's the thing I noticed most too.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:10 PM
McMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post

Yea well not everything in this world is about money. Still must be tough to be in Brandon's position regardless of what kind of money he's making.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:14 PM
pld459666

Quote:
I'm definitely not complaining, but I don't like the way he left.
Sorry, but Nash could not have handled this situation any better.

He spoke to the GM about the direction the team was headed, found out they were in for another rebuild, he did not want to spend his prime year on a rebuilding team and offered Howson an opportunity to advance that rebuild by privately asking out.

That's a very classy way of asking out.

Howson messed this whole thing up when he went public with the request.

Nash did everything you would want from a player that no longer wanted to be where he was.

No deal got done at the deadline, what did Nash do? Played.

Did he complain? No

Did he go to the media? No.

What on gods green earth could you not like about the way he handled this?

Closed Thread