HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C/W Jonathan Drouin - Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL 2013 Draft)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-25-2012, 01:44 AM
  #151
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
He's not far from MacKinnon.
You seem to have the same views on him as me, so i'll let you answer these questions as I'm beginning to just repeat myself lol.

Not that far off MacKinnon... Elite playmaker and IQ which is second to none... Gonna be in the same mix as Barkov, Monahan, Shinkaruk soon.

RJQuack is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 01:59 AM
  #152
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
You seem to have the same views on him as me, so i'll let you answer these questions as I'm beginning to just repeat myself lol.

Not that far off MacKinnon... Elite playmaker and IQ which is second to none... Gonna be in the same mix as Barkov, Monahan, Shinkaruk soon.
Only reason he isn't in the same breath is because he was playing AAA and is from the Q...

When he left LSL thst team just crashed... He would of won the Telus cup by himself...

I like the other guys... But he's the real deal... I truly believe he can go #2.... Hell if he wants too #1...

Never have I seen so much fire in a kid...

He will always be the best player to play for LSL... And I am proud to say... He played for my team... Kid is a monster...

I know I sound crazy, but it's the truth.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 03:37 PM
  #153
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs
 
Brewsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: King County
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Really so is this going to be a 2011 type of draft where it was RNH/Lando/Larsson where they were all on the same level?

I thought it was MacKinnon...then everyone else. Granted Seth Jones is up there, Monahan, Drouin, Shink and Barkov then follow that. But is it really that close that MacKinnon won't even be a 1st overall now?

Brewsky is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 03:55 PM
  #154
shello
@WShello9
 
shello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ile-Perrot, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
Really so is this going to be a 2011 type of draft where it was RNH/Lando/Larsson where they were all on the same level?

I thought it was MacKinnon...then everyone else. Granted Seth Jones is up there, Monahan, Drouin, Shink and Barkov then follow that. But is it really that close that MacKinnon won't even be a 1st overall now?
Drouin's amazing but I doubt he fights for 1st overall, as of right now at least it'll probably be either Jones or Mackinnon

shello is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 04:01 PM
  #155
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shello View Post
Drouin's amazing but I doubt he fights for 1st overall, as of right now at least it'll probably be either Jones or Mackinnon
Drouin will rise, I just don't know if he has enough time to catch Nate... But I wouldn't be surpised if he one day caught him.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 04:28 PM
  #156
shello
@WShello9
 
shello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ile-Perrot, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Drouin will rise, I just don't know if he has enough time to catch Nate... But I wouldn't be surpised if he one day caught him.
Oh Im not denying that he will rise up a great deal, I see him going top 10-top 15, i'm a big fan. But in my honest opinion ive seen both play at least 15 times (15 for Drouin, 20 for Mackinnon) in the Q, and Mackinnon is on another level at the moment, anything can happen but I doubt it does. Drouin did great playing 33 games in the Q but he wasn't dominating as he did in AAA, and rightfully so.

shello is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 07:48 PM
  #157
bsmith14
Registered User
 
bsmith14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,369
vCash: 500
how big is Drouin right now?

bsmith14 is online now  
Old
07-25-2012, 08:06 PM
  #158
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,743
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith14 View Post
how big is Drouin right now?
I'd say around the same size as Giroux in his draft year, maybe a bit taller.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 08:09 PM
  #159
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'd say around the same size as Giroux in his draft year, maybe a bit taller.
He's certainly heavier than Giroux was/is.

bcv is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 08:11 PM
  #160
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shello View Post
Oh Im not denying that he will rise up a great deal, I see him going top 10-top 15, i'm a big fan. But in my honest opinion ive seen both play at least 15 times (15 for Drouin, 20 for Mackinnon) in the Q, and Mackinnon is on another level at the moment, anything can happen but I doubt it does. Drouin did great playing 33 games in the Q but he wasn't dominating as he did in AAA, and rightfully so.
He will this year. I expect 100 points from him.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 08:16 PM
  #161
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,743
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Drouin is exceptional. I'm hoping the Habs can land him. He's one of my favorite players in the draft, he's french, so basically everyone is happy.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 08:18 PM
  #162
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Drouin is exceptional. I'm hoping the Habs can land him. He's one of my favorite players in the draft, he's french, so basically everyone is happy.
Habs fans will want both Drouin and Duclair..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 08:20 PM
  #163
Cut and Dry Sports
@TA_Stephenson
 
Cut and Dry Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Halifax NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith14 View Post
how big is Drouin right now?
5'11, 190lbs

Cut and Dry Sports is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 08:30 PM
  #164
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,743
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Habs fans will want both Drouin and Duclair..
They want Duclaire, but he's on my ND list.

He's an ineffectual hockey player and it will only get worse the higher up he goes. I'm going to need some real improvements in his hockey sense, hockey IQ, and offensive awareness if I am going to think of him worth a high draft pick.

I think he tops out as a 3rd line player with speed and the ability to chip in ugly points.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 09:07 PM
  #165
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Snippin' Yank
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,267
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Barring injuries he goes top 5.
I will be beyond stunned if he beats out 1 of MacKinnon/Jones/Monahan/Barkov/Shinkaruk and goes top 5.

MacKinnon and Jones...it goes without saying.

Centers > wingers. Especially big ones like Monahan and Barkov.

Shinkaruk is a comparable player to Drouin, but a more proven commodity (3 CHL seasons vs 1 and half by the time 2012-13 ends) and will have the +'s of having done it in the WHL (let's face it, teams always value the O and W ahead of the Q).

Then you have Ristolainen, Lazar, Lindholm, Pulock, etc...

Drouin is probably going 7th-15th.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
07-25-2012, 09:23 PM
  #166
Revo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
They want Duclaire, but he's on my ND list.

He's an ineffectual hockey player and it will only get worse the higher up he goes. I'm going to need some real improvements in his hockey sense, hockey IQ, and offensive awareness if I am going to think of him worth a high draft pick.

I think he tops out as a 3rd line player with speed and the ability to chip in ugly points.
Absolutely, a completely ineffective player. PPG at 16 was a complete fluke, a season full of trash points.



Project however you want, but implying he is an ineffective player in the Q is way out in left field.

Revo is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 09:54 PM
  #167
Skylimit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo View Post
Absolutely, a completely ineffective player. PPG at 16 was a complete fluke, a season full of trash points.



Project however you want, but implying he is an ineffective player in the Q is way out in left field.
just check the poster location, you will understand all...

Anthony Duclair has good hockey IQ and very good vision.


Skylimit is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 11:37 PM
  #168
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
He will this year. I expect 100 points from him.
Nathan might get 90 plus but when was the last time a guy broke 100 points in his draft year in the Q?

Only 2 guys broke 100 last year.

Okay I looked it up Huberdeau in 11 but if I was going to bet on the next guy it would be Nathan.

Nathan is still the frontrunner for 13 with maybe Jones challenging him.

Hardyvan123 is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 11:57 PM
  #169
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
They want Duclaire, but he's on my ND list.

He's an ineffectual hockey player and it will only get worse the higher up he goes. I'm going to need some real improvements in his hockey sense, hockey IQ, and offensive awareness if I am going to think of him worth a high draft pick.

I think he tops out as a 3rd line player with speed and the ability to chip in ugly points.
Duclair's hockey sense is a question mark, but from January 2011 to April 2011 there was an improvement... He also improved in that regard this year... He's getting there right now it's average...

He also needs to get bigger.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 11:59 PM
  #170
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I will be beyond stunned if he beats out 1 of MacKinnon/Jones/Monahan/Barkov/Shinkaruk and goes top 5.

MacKinnon and Jones...it goes without saying.

Centers > wingers. Especially big ones like Monahan and Barkov.

Shinkaruk is a comparable player to Drouin, but a more proven commodity (3 CHL seasons vs 1 and half by the time 2012-13 ends) and will have the +'s of having done it in the WHL (let's face it, teams always value the O and W ahead of the Q).

Then you have Ristolainen, Lazar, Lindholm, Pulock, etc...

Drouin is probably going 7th-15th.
It's all on Jo, but I'm telling you, he can rise, and my will he ever... To crack the top 5 he needs to make the WJC and do well... And that's a possibility...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 12:07 AM
  #171
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
Nathan might get 90 plus but when was the last time a guy broke 100 points in his draft year in the Q?

Only 2 guys broke 100 last year.

Okay I looked it up Huberdeau in 11 but if I was going to bet on the next guy it would be Nathan.

Nathan is still the frontrunner for 13 with maybe Jones challenging him.
Nathan had 78 last year... To say he might get 12 more points is sayijg he's not gonna progress. When you look at Drouin's skill and imprved size he may also hit 100 (I'm putting MacKinnon at 105+ at this point. Maybe he'll get 106 like Nuge and Hall did

RJQuack is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 10:49 PM
  #172
hockey365
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North of MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo View Post
Absolutely, a completely ineffective player. PPG at 16 was a complete fluke, a season full of trash points.



Project however you want, but implying he is an ineffective player in the Q is way out in left field.
Revo, you can add this, How come Duclair has the EXACT SAME amount of goals as your 22???? oops!

hockey365 is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 10:51 PM
  #173
hockey365
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North of MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Nathan had 78 last year... To say he might get 12 more points is sayijg he's not gonna progress. When you look at Drouin's skill and imprved size he may also hit 100 (I'm putting MacKinnon at 105+ at this point. Maybe he'll get 106 like Nuge and Hall did
Halifax's top line will have Drouin and Mackinnon
Qc's top line will have Duclair and a great Russian and/or Sorensen

Mackinnon, Drouin and Duclair will roam around the 100 points + next season, barring injuries of course

What a year for the Q ahead!!!

hockey365 is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 11:00 PM
  #174
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey365 View Post
Revo, you can add this, How come Duclair has the EXACT SAME amount of goals as your 22???? oops!
When reading WTK's posts about Duclair, I always get the feeling he's mixing him with Patrick Walsh!

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 11:09 PM
  #175
hockey365
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North of MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Duclair's hockey sense is a question mark, but from January 2011 to April 2011 there was an improvement... He also improved in that regard this year... He's getting there right now it's average...

He also needs to get bigger.
There is no question mark on Duclair's hockey sense, this is from people who do not understand the creativity of Duclair's play. He's more of a European type of player, where he keeps the puck on his stick a little longer than average. I spoke to a couple scouts at the U-17 in Winnipeg and in Qc, they have no question on his hockey IQ. Patrick Roy has no question on his hockey IQ as well. He did set up his line-mates 35 times last season and had a differential of +38!


If you look at his monthly stats, you'll see he's been consistent every single month of last season, there was no issue prior to January. He even beat out Gregorenko for the Offensive Player of the first half of the season for the Remparts!!! I was at the ceremony when the Remparts gave him that honour!

Duclair's middle name is Consistency. What he improved is more the fact that he accepted the role Patrick gave him. At the very beginning of the season, he was struggling to accept the #2 position!

Concerning his weight, it did not bother Nugget-Hopkins who was drafter at 165lbs. According to his twitter and others who's reported on this board, he's over 180lbs right now, so he's taken care of this part.

With this said, Drouin is still a hell of a player, over Duclair??? It depends what your team needs.

hockey365 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.