HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-season Armchair GM Thread Part VII

Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
I think the reality is we just don't have many trade assets since DW isn't willing/able to blow the team up. I bet we just get tweaks the next 2 seasons until the big contracts expire. I.e., more or less a stay-the-course approach for 2 seasons.
I would have expected the same. But DW did come out and say that we need wingers and speed. I sure am hoping he stays true to his word and fixes that problem.

You are definitely right about the tradeable assets part. At this time though, the only players on the team I would really consider untouchable are Couture, Burns and Vlasic. Everyone else could be had if the return was 'right'.

Personally, I would like to add Thornton to the untouchable list because I don't see us winning without him. But I definitely understand that he would be the one Shark who would most likely get the biggest overpayment.

07-26-2012, 10:02 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnderFunk View Post
Voracek signs in Philly, 4 years @ $4.25 million per
No wonder it took so long, Flyers fans were hoping for a million less, with $4M as the upper boundary.

Closed Thread