HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Possible Line Combos

Old
07-25-2012, 10:55 PM
Robert
Foligno family

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Ansimov-Dubi-Foligno
Johansen-Brassard-Atkinson
Umby-Letestu-Jenner(yeah hes gonna make the team this year)
gillies-mackenzie-boll

Johnson-Wiz/Murray(seriously johnson is the PERFECT mentor for muray)
Tyutes-Niki
Aucion/Wiz-Moore/Savard

book it now. obviously it'll change around but i really think dubi and foligno together are gonna be special, they play a similiar style and would be interesting to seee if they could feed off each other. second line lets johan and atkinson grow together. The umby jenner line provides energy and grit and then the 4th is a grinding line. The johnson murray pairing would only be in certain situations not every game but i think its setting up for a insane pairing in the future. Tyutin and nikitin have shown a lot of potential after last season and then of course aucoin the vet to mentor a younger fringe ahl/nhl dman.
Close, this is so early for projections I post under protest..

The lines will be determined by chemistry and skill to score, it will take time; ice time might be the only definition of top lines.

That said, Foligno will not be a top ice time getter, he will get third line time as he will be a skilled agitator type ( I know his family history), that said he is a winner based on family history even if third line time.

Ansimov, Dubi and Brassard will be our most experienced top six with skill to score, they should get the most ice time... all the rest will be second to them..

I'm hoping Johansen steps up to his draft status and replaces Brassard but that is up to Johansen...

More later.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:50 PM
N o o d l e s

I play with the Jackets a lot in NHL 12 and I put

Anisimov - Dubinsky - Letestu

on a line together and they're a sweet scoring line. My most productive line actually. In case you guys were wondering

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:53 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by N O O D L E S View Post

on a line together and they're a sweet scoring line. My most productive line actually. In case you guys were wondering
I think it would be awesome if Scott Howson said something like this!

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:58 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:

Letestu is an experienced gamer, under rated by many including me.... he could be a factor in our playoff run!

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 12:04 AM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
I think it would be awesome if Scott Howson said something like this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Letestu is an experienced gamer, under rated by many including me.... he could be a factor in our playoff run!
I could be Scott Howson the way I run the Jackets in GM mode

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 01:15 AM
candyman82

Quote:
I could be Scott Howson the way I run the Jackets in GM mode
Hell, I've had Dubinsky on my franchise for three years now

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 01:42 AM
thebus2288

Umberger-Dubinsky-Brassard
Prospal-Anisimov-Atkinson
Foligno-Johansen-Letestu
Boll-Mackenzie-Dorsett

Gillies-AudyMarch/Calvert

Johnson-Aucoin
Tyutin-Nikitin
Wisniewski-Moore

Erixon-Savard

Bobrovsky-Not Mason

thebus2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 08:37 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus2288 View Post
Umberger-Dubinsky-Brassard
Prospal-Anisimov-Atkinson
Foligno-Johansen-Letestu
Boll-Mackenzie-Dorsett
These forward lines do not look right. I don't think you are getting the most out of our players.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 09:21 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Anisimov is probably best suited for the 3rd line as his defensive play and skating are quite good, but don't rely on him for offense.

Unless the trade lit a fire under his butt and he comes out like a house on fire

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 09:54 AM
thrillermiller89

umberger-brassard-atkinson
dubs-johansen-foligno
prospal-anisimov-dorsett
gillies-dmac-letestu

jj-wiz
tyutin-nikitan
erixon/moore-auccoin

bob
mason (perhaps trade mason for khabbibulin--he's russian and has 1 year left, plus he would be the perfect veteran presence in net to mentor bob)

thrillermiller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 10:02 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillermiller89 View Post
umberger-brassard-atkinson
dubs-johansen-foligno
prospal-anisimov-dorsett
gillies-dmac-letestu
I like that top line even less. If either Brassard or Atkinon are on the top line, or in this case both, I'm going to reject it.

Frankly, I want Brassard and Johansen to anchor the 4th line playing 12+ minutes a night.

Old
07-26-2012, 10:14 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I like that top line even less. If either Brassard or Atkinon are on the top line, or in this case both, I'm going to reject it.

Frankly, I want Brassard and Johansen to anchor the 4th line playing 12+ minutes a night.
I am pretty sure we are going to camp with Brassard as the 1C. His to lose IMO.

I actually think this Nash trade could be great for Brass. Sit him down, tell him "It's your team up front now." See how he handles the pressure and if it pushes him to play to his potential. Could make or break him, but hey if it breaks him we could trade him and bring up 4th line center Ryan Johansen.

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Dubinsky's best hockey was played with Anisimov as his center and Callahan on the opposite flank. When he's on his game, his forecheck is tenacious and causes dmen to either take a big hit, or force the puck.

Although he's solid on face-offs, he doesn't have the IQ, or vision to play that position. He was much more effective at LW. Dubinsky would take draws, and flip to LW.

He's going to be a fan favorite in no time. I'm excited about Nash, but Dubinsky was a terrific Ranger who I got to watch develop and mature from his days in Hartford. He's the kind of guy that will do anything to win, and that attitude will ultimately rub off on his new teammates.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I'm kind of wondering if either of Dubinsky or Foligno can play RW. We know Umberger can, but we don't know about those two, and somebody's going to have to move over.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Disclaimer: Am posting this opnly to play the game, which is a fun one. I fussed with the combos only a little, and have no idea if I even like them myself. But I think it's a lineup that hasn't been posted yet. Also, wings are just that, with no eye to RW vs LW.

RJU-Brass-Dubi
Foligno-AA-Cam
Vinny-Letestu-Dorse
Gillies-DMac-Johan

Old
07-26-2012, 12:06 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
I am pretty sure we are going to camp with Brassard as the 1C. His to lose IMO.
I'm pretty sure that no one is penciled in on anything yet. I'm certainly not willing to even consider Brassard for anything yet. There are three players that got added into the mix for a top six spot. We got bigger up the middle for a reason. Hand Brassard the job against the top centers in the West? No thanks. I'll be honest, he's more like 3rd or 4th on depth chart for center at this moment in time. I backed Brassard last year when he was still competing when this team was out of it. Having said that what he gave still wasn't good enough.

To me the only thing for certain at forward is Dorse on the third line.

DSL's lines are closer to what I am thinking. That second line looks good to me, he's not the first to suggest it. I'll be honest, this is the top six I'd go with if I was the coach and opening night was tomorrow.

RJ Dubinsky Prospal
Foligno Anisimov Atkinson

That is a top six that would compete. Having said that, Brassard would be on the top PP unit.

Last edited by blahblah: 07-26-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old
07-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Prospal-Brassard-Umberger
Dubi-AA-Atkinson
Foligno-Letestu-Dorsett
Gillies-DMac-Boll

Wiz-Johnson
Tyutin-Nikitin
Aucoin-Moore/Savard/Erixon (Murray back to Everett to dominate and captain the WJC team)

Bob
Mase

Yes, I left out Johansen. I am a firm believer in giving him top minutes at center somehow, so if he is still a little off from playing in our top 6, he NEEDS to be in the AHL. He's got the size to handle the aggressiveness of the AHL, and he can get the minutes he needs. However, if he proves that he is a difference maker in our top 6, he should stay.

And with the acquisition of Erixon and drafting of Murray, I'd have to believe that one of Moore or Savard gets dealt before the season or early in the year.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that no one is penciled in on anything yet. I'm certainly not willing to even consider Brassard for anything yet. There are three players that got added into the mix for a top six spot. We got bigger up the middle for a reason. Hand Brassard the job against the top centers in the West? No thanks. I'll be honest, he's more like 3rd or 4th on depth chart for center at this moment in time. I backed Brassard last year when he was still competing when this team was out of it. Having said that what he gave still wasn't good enough.

To me the only thing for certain at forward is Dorse on the third line.

DSL's lines are closer to what I am thinking. That second line looks good to me, he's not the first to suggest it. I'll be honest, this is the top six I'd go with if I was the coach and opening night was tomorrow.

RJ Dubinsky Prospal
Foligno Anisimov Atkinson

That is a top six that would compete. Having said that, Brassard would be on the top PP unit.
One of the things I was talking about when I wrote that I wasn't convinced yet of the lineup I posted was Brassard in the top pivot spot. As I have said any number of times, there's no CBJ player in the team's history I don't think on whom I've run so hot and cold - additionally, when I began to warm to his play last year, it was not in a top-line kind of role (longer story I won't go into).

That said, I think I'd be willing to line him up along those couple of big bodies and see what happens. This is perhaps because I like Dubi as a guy who might take draws but plays primarily on the wing, rather than lines up at center.

EDIT:
Interested by LSpeed's lines - honestly with many of the proposed combos - should be interesting to watch how it all shakes out.

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 07-26-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 12:30 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Yes, I left out Johansen. I am a firm believer in giving him top minutes somehow,
I don't buy that line of thinking. Never have, never will. For any player.

He needs minutes. He doesn't need to be scratched for 20 games. He needs to be put in position to succeed and develop. We also need to win games.

I think that can all be accomplished, while removing the pressure from Johansen.

Old
07-26-2012, 12:35 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
That said, I think I'd be willing to line him up along those couple of big bodies and see what happens. This is perhaps because I like Dubi as a guy who might take draws but plays primarily on the wing, rather than lines up at center.
I have no issue looking at him up there. I also want this team to ice it's most competitive player. Brassard is not in the top six of our most competitive forwards. Manny wasn't competitive in all areas of him game, he eventually figured it out. If Brassard does something similar, then all bets are off.

I'll be honest, despite Brassard's "vision" I find him to be a bit of a moron in the offensive zone. He's either lazy or he hasn't figured out what works to score goals, despite the fact he has the "tape" of what worked. This kid should have had a 25+ goal season by now. No one is holding him back but himself.

Old
07-26-2012, 12:55 PM
FlaggerX

Okay, I think it will go this way if nothing else changes

Umberber-Brassard-Atkinson played well together at the end of last season

Letestu- Johanssen-- Prospal RyJo plays Center here or in Springfield.

or

Foligno -Letestu- Prospal if RyJo starts the season in the AHL. He's a center, has the

Anisimov - Dubinsky - Dorsett/ or Foligno if RyJo sticks We need a checking line, preferably one that can score a bit.

Boll/Gilles -MacKenzie - Russell/Dorsett

Which leaves an intriguing possibility. Suppose Calvert and Boone Jenner show up in camp and really show out? Again nothing that is too great a stretch though I expect Boone will at least start in Springfield How about this for an energy line?

Calvert-Jenner-Dorsett, with brings speed, a lot of moxie and m more then average skill for an energy line. Does Boll even make the team?

FlaggerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
He's either lazy or he hasn't figured out what works to score goals, despite the fact he has the "tape" of what worked. This kid should have had a 25+ goal season by now. No one is holding him back but himself.
Agree. When I warm to Brassard, it's usually because of what he's doing out there that has little to do with scoring. Somehow, he's never translated all facets of his game together.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 01:02 PM
thebus2288

Quote:
These forward lines do not look right. I don't think you are getting the most out of our players.
HUH? The lines like that would be for the reason of getting the most out of them. Its 3 2nd lines that each have a good mix of "everything" that can be put out at any time without being a defensive liability along with some interesting offensive skills put together. And the 4th is just plain awesome. I'd have them start the majority of the games.

thebus2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 01:14 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus2288 View Post
HUH? The lines like that would be for the reason of getting the most out of them. Its 3 2nd lines that each have a good mix of "everything" that can be put out at any time without being a defensive liability along with some interesting offensive skills put together. And the 4th is just plain awesome. I'd have them start the majority of the games.
With all due respect, that 4th line blows. I've already listed my thoughts on Brassard. With as much depth as we have at center, I'm not sure Johansen earns a spot on this roster at center.

I do not think you've created lines that put player in positions to succeed nor do I think you've presented our best top six to the rest of the league. I also think you've artificially increased the roles of some player and decreased the roles of others, to the detriment of the team as a whole. You have created no match up problems for other teams.

Having said that, we have camp to go and a lot will be revealed their. But of the lineups suggest, at forward I give you a solid D. Your second line is the only think saving me from making that a F.

I appreciate your input, but as I said I don't like what was proposed.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:32 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Close, this is so early for projections I post under protest..

The lines will be determined by chemistry and skill to score, it will take time; ice time might be the only definition of top lines.

That said, Foligno will not be a top ice time getter, he will get third line time as he will be a skilled agitator type ( I know his family history), that said he is a winner based on family history even if third line time.

Ansimov, Dubi and Brassard will be our most experienced top six with skill to score, they should get the most ice time... all the rest will be second to them..

I'm hoping Johansen steps up to his draft status and replaces Brassard but that is up to Johansen...

More later.
I disagree sir. I think folignos going to be one of the players to take control of this team. Hes already stated he wants to be the guy the coach calls on in every situation. He very capable of putting up 60+ pts. Hes already a 50pt player on a 2nd-3rd line. Now hes got an a chance to snag a top spot and hes going to do whatever takes to get it.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote