HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers re-sign Jakub Voracek (4 years, $4.2M per)

Old
07-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

vCash: 500
how can someone be "awful" at offer-sheeting? It is not like they lose anything.

In fact, even if the OS isnt won, they still win by keeping the player away from rivals.

Mkoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:10 AM
dre2112

$4.25M for a 22 year old kid that hasn't really had the chance to shine and still managed ~50 points in each of the last 3 seasons? I'd take it any day of the week and so would the 29 other teams.

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Voracek is definitely not better than the bolded.

I'd say JVR is the best comparison.
I said better than OR comparable to those players.

Voracek scored 50 points at 20 years old, 46 points are 21 years old and 49 points at 22 years old. Hes a good 2 way player and like I said, he's significantly younger than most of those guys.

Ladd is 4 years older and only has 1 season better than Voracek's 50 point season. I would not trade jake for Ladd.

Fisher is 10 years older than Jake and has a career high of 53 points. He also signed his contract when the cap was lower so the percentage his cap hit used was higher and at the time, he had never broken 50 points, something Jake did when he was 20. I would not trade Jake for Fisher.

Versteeg is 4 years older and signed a contract a few days ago for slightly more than Jake. He had a career high 54 points last season. Having seen both Voracek and Versteeg in Philly, I think most Flyers fans would say we would rather have Jake.

Callahan has a career high 54 points and signed his deal before he ever scored 50. Callahan brings a lot to the table other than points so I will agree that he is more valuable than Jake.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:12 AM
NYVanfan

totally fair deal, esp considering it burns a year of UFA.
guy scored 5 pts as a 20-YO ...he's going to light it up over this contract

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:12 AM
FeedingFrenzy

It is far easier to trade a signed player..Voracek will be gone b4 the season starts. His time in Philly is almost over.Packaged to the West for some Dman help.

FeedingFrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:13 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingler View Post
He is dynamic player but he was just as dynamic with Columbus as he is with Philly. Don't think he IS worth the contract now but Philly probably pay for potential and in 2-3 times he could be worth it or more

I'm probably more surprise at the length than at the dollar figure. Philly should have bought out more years of UFA with that per year amount. Its like Philly pay for his potential yet once he realizes his potential, the team would have to pay him even more. This contract clearly favors Voracek, IMO

I think this is Philly getting scared of retaliation offer sheet from...say Nashville. They don't want to wait and end up paying more

I agree 100%.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:15 AM
crane

I'd love to have Voracek locked up on this contract with the Pens. Sucks he's with Philly, they've got a great group of forwards.

crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:15 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Fair deal. Perhaps a little more than I was expecting to see, but considering the length it's a good deal.

However, It makes me quite appreciative of Couture and Pavelski's contracts. Giroux is going to get absolutely paid in a couple of years.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Krishna

The terrible trolls are out. Must be summer break for them.

Good signing

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
how can someone be "awful" at offer-sheeting? It is not like they lose anything.

In fact, even if the OS isnt won, they still win by keeping the player away from rivals.

He's awful since he wanted Weber bad (look up the interviews after Nashville matched it, you can find it on TSN), he was clearly disappointed. If he wanted Weber he should've offered more or he should've just stayed out of it.

Weber is gonna ask for a trade anyways within 3 years, probably after next season. Then he can package Voracek and some other pieces for him.

Would make sense since he 1: wants Weber. 2: Seems to like to trade players signed +4 years.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Good deal for Voracek and the Flyers

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:19 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Looks like a deal that will pay for his high potential and hope he reaches it. Looks high now, but could be a steal in a couple of years.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:20 AM
trickster

This is excellent value.
5 years and 7 months younger than Grabovski... Same games played, Voracek has just 20-ish fewer points than Grabovski...
Leafs inked Grabo at 5.5 while Voracek - who will be their top line rw with Jagr gone - to 4.25.

Anyone who thinks this is bad value has not watched Voracek enough.

I bet he gets 70points this year.

trickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gretskidoo

I can't believe Dallas has Eriksson until 2016 for the same cap hit.

gretskidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
He's awful since he wanted Weber bad (look up the interviews after Nashville matched it, you can find it on TSN), he was clearly disappointed. If he wanted Weber he should've offered more or he should've just stayed out of it.

Weber is gonna ask for a trade anyways within 3 years, probably after next season. Then he can package Voracek and some other pieces for him.

Would make sense since he 1: wants Weber. 2: Seems to like to trade players signed +4 years.
Why do you think Weber wants to play with the Flyers? Because his agent said so on talk radio after he signed the OS?

Weber wanted a lifetime contract and he got it. He'll finish his career in Nashville.

As for Holmgren, he wanted Weber but he didn't want to give up his young stars or totally break the team's finances. So he gave it his best shot. I wouldn't have offered Weber more, personally.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Kingler

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
Looks like a deal that will pay for his high potential and hope he reaches it. Looks high now, but could be a steal in a couple of years.
Yes good in a couple of years, lead him straight to Unrestricted free agency.

Year alone or dollar amount alone, its not a bad contract. Together, IMO, not very good. If its 6 years, i think its a fair contract for both parties

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Feels more like an UFA contract than a RFA contract to me.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Feels more like an UFA contract than a RFA contract to me.
The last year is a UFA deal.. Good deal

Old
07-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Blueland89

How can that be overpriced with the new cap

Blueland89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:25 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickster View Post
This is excellent value.
5 years and 7 months younger than Grabovski... Same games played, Voracek has just 20-ish fewer points than Grabovski...
Leafs inked Grabo at 5.5 while Voracek - who will be their top line rw with Jagr gone - to 4.25.

Anyone who thinks this is bad value has not watched Voracek enough.

Grabo contract is all UFA years, and Voracek covers only RFA years.

I don't like some of the comparison, like the Ladd, Versteeg, becuase those contracts coverered a lot of UFA years.

The best comparison is JVR, but Philly signed him to his current contract too..

Not saying its a bad deal money wise, but I just don't like that the deal takes him right to UFA status, a 2-3 year deal would have been better for the Flyers, so they keep control of him after the contract.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:26 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingler View Post
Yes good in a couple of years, lead him straight to Unrestricted free agency.

Year alone or dollar amount alone, its not a bad contract. Together, IMO, not very good. If its 6 years, i think its a fair contract for both parties
No problem with going to a UFA for me especially if he reaches his potential.

loadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:26 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couter View Post
I said better than OR comparable to those players.

Voracek scored 50 points at 20 years old, 46 points are 21 years old and 49 points at 22 years old. Hes a good 2 way player and like I said, he's significantly younger than most of those guys.

Ladd is 4 years older and only has 1 season better than Voracek's 50 point season. I would not trade jake for Ladd.

Fisher is 10 years older than Jake and has a career high of 53 points. He also signed his contract when the cap was lower so the percentage his cap hit used was higher and at the time, he had never broken 50 points, something Jake did when he was 20. I would not trade Jake for Fisher.

Versteeg is 4 years older and signed a contract a few days ago for slightly more than Jake. He had a career high 54 points last season. Having seen both Voracek and Versteeg in Philly, I think most Flyers fans would say we would rather have Jake.

Callahan has a career high 54 points and signed his deal before he ever scored 50. Callahan brings a lot to the table other than points so I will agree that he is more valuable than Jake.
agreed on all your points. Vocacek has great speed as well. He's a very good talent pretty much any team would be happy to have and I would like him more than everyone you talked about with the exception of the last.

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Krishna

Why do people on here seem to think RFA means you are supposed to sign for 25% less?

Old
07-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Grabo contract is all UFA years, and Voracek covers only RFA years.

I don't like some of the comparison, like the Ladd, Versteeg, becuase those contracts coverered a lot of UFA years.

The best comparison is JVR, but Philly signed him to his current contract too..

Not saying its a bad deal money wise, but I just don't like that the deal takes him right to UFA status, a 2-3 year deal would have been better for the Flyers, so they keep control of him after the contract.
Three years would have taken him to UFA as well--right? He has 4 years of service already.

Two years would have been pretty risky for the Flyers--if he does what they expect, and jumps to 60+ points this year, they'd be looking at a much bigger payout.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:28 AM
BigAndy32

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickster View Post
Lol, I'll gladly take that bet!

BigAndy32 is offline   Reply With Quote