HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Nash for Bods, Korpi, Stone and a #1??

Old
07-23-2012, 02:41 PM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

vCash: 500
Nash for Bods, Korpi, Stone and a #1??

Isn't that pretty much what the Rangers gave up for him? If only Howson were still allowed to accept phone calls from GMDM!!

AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

What??????

I don't see how any of this is revelent at this point. Nash has been traded and Phoenix was never on his list.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

That package isn't as valuable IMO. Dubinsky and Anisimov have hit 50 & 45 (respectively). Erixon has the notoriety of being a 1st round draft pick. Nash didn't put us on his list anyway.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

Does this make it safe to say Doan has ruled out NYR then? Or theyve ruled out him

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

They still have 7.something in cap space.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:55 PM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoyote View Post
Does this make it safe to say Doan has ruled out NYR then? Or theyve ruled out him
Rangers still eyeing Doan per NY media (KatieStrong). Rangers still way under the cap, but they now have 7 first/second line forwards. Doaner's a 3rd liner if he goes to NY and would the Rangers offer 4 years/$30M+ for a 35 year old 3rd liner? Doubt it.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZviaNJ View Post
Rangers still eyeing Doan per NY media (KatieStrong). Rangers still way under the cap, but they now have 7 first/second line forwards. Doaner's a 3rd liner if he goes to NY and would the Rangers offer 4 years/$30M+ for a 35 year old 3rd liner? Doubt it.
This was my train of thought as well. 7.5 mil seems like a bit much for the role theyd ask him to play

Old
07-23-2012, 04:56 PM
manisback121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoyote View Post
Doan and Nash are on NY's list based upon the local media. You guys gotta get the ownership under control...show up at Jami son's house with oozies and a forced trip to the bank to get the cashier's check for 170mil then to GB's to pay.

I cannot fathom as a devils fan having Nash and Doan across the Hudson. It's bad enough Philly's poaching Weber. But you guys gotta make it stop!!!!!

manisback121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Bandit34

Quote:
Isn't that pretty much what the Rangers gave up for him? If only Howson were still allowed to accept phone calls from GMDM!!
I hope you dont post this on the main board.

Ranger's package is much more valuable than this package. Nothing compares except for the first round picks.

Bandit34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:11 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit34 View Post
Ranger's package is much more valuable than this package. Nothing compares except for the first round picks.
I disagree, but I'll admit that my opinion is homeristic, and optimistic. I don't think Maloney would want to take on that contract though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manisback121 View Post
I cannot fathom as a devils fan having Nash and Doan across the Hudson. It's bad enough Philly's poaching Weber. But you guys gotta make it stop!!!!!
I don't think Doan really wants to play out East! He grew up as a big Alberta farm boy, he now has his 200+ horse ranch here in AZ which he loves and will keep, I just don't see him playing for a team out East, his heart wouldn't be in it. And he escapes from the desert during the off-season, so it wouldn't be much of an argument to say he can come back during the off-season! IMO, he won't leave the Pacific division. Heck, one team that nobody mentions, but may have a chance (if everything falls apart in Glendale) is Anaheim. They could sign Doan and trade Ryan for the missing pieces to make a cup run...

I speculated in the past about trading Summers to the BJs, now that they have acquired Erixon, I serious doubt they have any interest...

Last edited by DesertDawg: 07-23-2012 at 06:28 PM.
DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Bandit34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
I disagree, but I'll admit that my opinion is homeristic, and optimistic. I don't think Maloney would want to take on that contract though.
There's nothing wrong with being proud of what you have but if you ask people around the league they would likely say:

Anisimov > Boedker
Dubinsky > Korpikoski
Erixon > Stone (based on potential)
Rangers 1st < Phoenix 1st (hopefully other way around)

Not that this is a major issue of disscussion because of like you said Maloney won't want that huge contract, the fact that the trade already occured, and he didn't want to come here.

Bandit34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:22 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

That may end up being a comparable or even better package but right now, at this moment, it has nowhere near the same value. Especially because Columbus isn't worried about the salary cap.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

I also just don't think we are in a position to be giving up forward depth like that for a player that might turn out to be overpaid and past his prime.

Old
07-23-2012, 07:50 PM
DesertDawg

What bothers me is that the BJs played Nash on the right side because their lack of RWers and then they didn't acquire 1 in the trade.

and Bandit, what kind of fan are you? We all know our players are better then theirs! Boedker will have a break out year since he finally has a center to play with! GMDM will get one for Korpi too! And Stone will make the squad some time this year! And the 1st will only be the 30th pick!

Well I got all the homerisms out of except for Gormley for the Calder, Yandle for the Norris, and Torres for the Lady Bing...

Last edited by DesertDawg: 07-23-2012 at 09:45 PM.
DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:18 PM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit34 View Post
I hope you dont post this on the main board.

I iniitially had Hanzal instead of Korpi and Gormley in place of Summers......but felt that was too expensive for the Yotes.

Old
07-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
I iniitially had Hanzal instead of Korpi and Gormley in place of Summers......but felt that was too expensive for the Yotes.
You mean Stone not Summers? But Summers seems the best equivalent.

Dubinsky = Vermette
Anisimov = Boedker
Erixon = Summers
1st = 1st

Of course CBS fans hate Vermette but statistically those are better equivalents (even if Stone has greater potential than Summers, the 1st-round-pick tag makes Summers more valuable in trade discussions).

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll View Post
You mean Stone not Summers? But Summers seems the best equivalent.

Dubinsky = Vermette
Anisimov = Boedker
Erixon = Summers
1st = 1st

Of course CBS fans hate Vermette but statistically those are better equivalents (even if Stone has greater potential than Summers, the 1st-round-pick tag makes Summers more valuable in trade discussions).
Anisimov is more established than boedker at this point. I think Boedker will end up with better numbers in the long run though.

Old
07-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Gwyddbwyll

He's 2 years older so yeah he's going to be more established. Boedker's similar to where Anisimov was 2 years ago though. Anisimov also hasnt really progressed over those 2 years. But clearly has upside similar to that of Boedker.. I think he's the best comparable Coyote.

Or we could flip it around and use another former 1st rounder in Korpikoski who is 2 years more established than Anisimov but less potential.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 10:28 AM
SundherDome
Jhonas is an Ewok

As eluded to by others Nash had a list of teams. I believe teams had a list as well and it probably wasnt as big as nashs' list. To take that cap hit for that long and to lose the current depth and future depth, i just see why a team would do it. Id guess 27 teams were out on him after hearing the intial wants from howson

SundherDome is offline   Reply With Quote