HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Offseason Thread IV: Vorassic Park

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2012, 11:10 PM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
http://capgeek.com/free_agents.php?y...1&fa_type_id=2

2013 Free Agents.

I'll start.

Enstrom.
Enstrom, Corey Perry, Edler would be my main priorities.

Lesser guys...or at the right price, Whitney, Penner, Malhotra

Old
07-25-2012, 11:42 PM
Brozgalov

For all those talking about Giroux needing a goal scoring RW.... Corey ****ing Perry... I can't see how ANA would let him leave, but he would be crazy good on a line with Hartnell/Giroux...

Having said that I think G/V will be magic this season and we should probably spend the money on D instead..

I vote Enstrom too.

Old
07-26-2012, 12:14 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2minutes4slashing View Post
I feel keeping both Rinaldo and Sestito dressed for alot of these games are important , tell ya why... Im sure some will disagree but...

I was pissed and embarrassed about what the Pens did in the last week of the season and in 2 of the playoff games with the bullying and cheap-shot tactics .. there's nothing that makes my blood boil more then when I see guys out there on the ice in those situations that arent either prepared to fight back or cant defend themselves during those "line brawls" Im not hat big of a Lavi fan as it is but if that were Keenan, Barber, Hitch, or heck even the Cake Baker , then one of those coaches would have made sure the team was ready for something like that to break out .. even with a few games vs the Rags in the past year, the flyers got embarrassed physically.
.. This team as constructed , no matter what alot of us think are not that "team" tough when it comes to the extra curricular stuff that goes on with games with the Pens, Sens and Rangers and now potentially the Sabres ... Now Asham replaces Prust on the Rags , Prust use to punish the Flyers , Ash got Schenn up high with a cheap hit, someone needs to address that other then Hartsy and Max Talbot . Heck even Max ( and bless his heart I love the guy) lost some of that ***** "edge" he had in years past when he came to Philly last year.....

Ok Ramble over .. point is I wish this team had a few more "a$$holes" that can do more then just agitate
I think we have more then a few guys who can take care of themselves. I know everyone was pissed off at the way those cheapshots went down in the Pens series, but I believe the Flyers handled it the right way. Players have long memories. You take a number and you move on. Looking for payback in a playoff series you had full control of is not the best way to handle it.
Asham is a pro and outside of that incident with Schenn has been a pretty honest player his whole career. i wish we still had him over that useless slug Jody Shelley.
Kunitz, Asham and even Malkin(cant forget what he did to Grossman) will be dealt with this season. Players dont forget.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:21 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Am I the only one who doesn't want Enstrom? Maybe at the deadline if he can be had for relatively cheap, but we don't need a defenseman of his mold right this second. Perhaps after kimmo retires, but even then, Enstrom is not nearly as good defensively or positionally as kimmo.

I'd rather try our luck at Bogosian or Kulikov than trade anything of value for Enstrom.

Old
07-26-2012, 03:36 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
How do you really feel?
I'd type an answer, but I'm too busy slowly dying. If Holmgren traded like 5 of our good players for one good player...maybe I'll live. Otherwise, I'm doomed to die. Such is a world of toughfighter83 logic. If you don't pay insane prices/gut your team for above average talent, you die. Woe is me.

See you on the other side, strange/creepy internet people.

07-26-2012, 06:55 AM
Psuhockey

I hope this offseason finally drives home the point to the Flyers that in today's NHL you have to build thru the draft. No team can count on free agents anymore. Great ones seldom come available and there are too many teams on the few that do. Instead of trading away picks, acquire some. High end prospects are currency. If the Flyers had a better system, they could have packaged prospects and rosters players to close the Weber deal without gutting the team. The Flyers should never deal a first round pick again.

Old
07-26-2012, 07:52 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
I hope this offseason finally drives home the point to the Flyers that in today's NHL you have to build thru the draft. No team can count on free agents anymore. Great ones seldom come available and there are too many teams on the few that do. Instead of trading away picks, acquire some. High end prospects are currency. If the Flyers had a better system, they could have packaged prospects and rosters players to close the Weber deal without gutting the team. The Flyers should never deal a first round pick again.
Agree. We should begin stockpiling prospects and picks. Last year would have been a good start, instead we traded a 2nd rounder for Kubina and then didn't even play him in the playoffs.

Old
07-26-2012, 07:57 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I think we have more then a few guys who can take care of themselves. I know everyone was pissed off at the way those cheapshots went down in the Pens series, but I believe the Flyers handled it the right way. Players have long memories. You take a number and you move on. Looking for payback in a playoff series you had full control of is not the best way to handle it.
Asham is a pro and outside of that incident with Schenn has been a pretty honest player his whole career. i wish we still had him over that useless slug Jody Shelley.
Kunitz, Asham and even Malkin(cant forget what he did to Grossman) will be dealt with this season. Players dont forget.
Asham isn't a Pen anymore but I also wish he was still a Flyer.

Old
07-26-2012, 08:27 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Old
07-26-2012, 10:22 AM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Agree. We should begin stockpiling prospects and picks. Last year would have been a good start, instead we traded a 2nd rounder for Kubina and then didn't even play him in the playoffs.
Exactly. No more trading for players...(trading away is fine) just sign ufas. we could have had 4 defenseman (out of 5 of our firsts counting Sbisa.) coming up in the minors.

People say we can't develop a defenseman...i say we don't know because we don't have any picks to find out...the one guy we picked is working out for ANH. Our scouting is pretty good if you ask me...

Old
07-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Exactly. No more trading for players...(trading away is fine) just sign ufas. we could have had 4 defenseman (out of 5 of our firsts counting Sbisa.) coming up in the minors.

People say we can't develop a defenseman...i say we don't know because we don't have any picks to find out...the one guy we picked is working out for ANH. Our scouting is pretty good if you ask me...
Honestly Sbisa has not been anything to write home about. Looking back on that draft missing out on MDZ was brutal. NO way will Sbisa ever be that type of player.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:21 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Asham isn't a Pen anymore but I also wish he was still a Flyer.
Asham signed with the Rangers, which means he has been a member of every Atlantic Division team during his career.

07-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Jack de la Hoya

So, with Jake signing, and assuming Pronger goes on LTIR at the start of the season, this is what we're looking at?

Quote:
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Danny Briere ($6.500m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.750m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Eric Wellwood ($0.580m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m)
Jody Shelley ($1.100m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Bruno Gervais ($0.825m)
Andreas Lilja ($0.738m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Michael Leighton ($0.900m)
BUYOUTS
Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,721,944; BONUSES: $2,705,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $8,478,056
Flip Wellwood and Feds perhaps. It still seems like we're missing a middle-six forward--I'm not thrilled with that 3LW situation. Assuming, for the moment, that neither Doan nor Semin are coming here, who's the next best UFA option?

The defense is what it is, at this point. Unless they throw an offer sheet at one of the big names left.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Asham signed with the Rangers, which means he has been a member of every Atlantic Division team during his career.
I never understood how Asham could not catch on with a team for the long haul. He is a hard player to play against, will fight and for a 4th liner can put up some goals.

He won me over with his play during our stanely cup run.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
So, with Jake signing, and assuming Pronger goes on LTIR at the start of the season, this is what we're looking at?

Flip Wellwood and Feds perhaps. It still seems like we're missing a middle-six forward--I'm not thrilled with that 3LW situation. Assuming, for the moment, that neither Doan nor Semin are coming here, who's the next best UFA option?

The defense is what it is, at this point. Unless they throw an offer sheet at one of the big names left.
If you have andres mezaros on your 3rd pairing your defense can't be too bad. If NJ can get to the cup finals with their D , then ours is more than adequate.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Senators just waived Bobby Butler. Could be another bottom-six option. He played well a few years back.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:55 AM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post

Not many options left after Doan and Semin. Mostly old men:

LW:
Huselius
Holmstrom
Brunette
Sturm

RW:
Fehr (could be decent option)
A. Kostitsyn

Old
07-26-2012, 12:20 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
We still don't have Weber. Just thought I'd remind everyone.
Crap. I was hoping if no one said anything he'd show up at training camp. Thanks for ruining it for everyone.

Old
07-26-2012, 12:43 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Andrei Kostitysn would be nice for cheap.

Old
07-26-2012, 12:45 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
If you have andres mezaros on your 3rd pairing your defense can't be too bad. If NJ can get to the cup finals with their D , then ours is more than adequate.
see goaltending.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:05 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Anyone know what happened to Fehr this year?

I hadn't been paying attention to him, but I thought a 15-15 performance was bound to happen in Winnipeg at the very least. Apparently not.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:23 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Anyone know what happened to Fehr this year?

I hadn't been paying attention to him, but I thought a 15-15 performance was bound to happen in Winnipeg at the very least. Apparently not.
I think it was a virus.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:10 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Honestly Sbisa has not been anything to write home about. Looking back on that draft missing out on MDZ was brutal. NO way will Sbisa ever be that type of player.
Sbisa would be our top defensive prospect right now (because we are that bad). He might not be a #1...but he's playing 3-4 as what a 22 yr old? He's got a few years of developing still to do.

4 of "our firsts" were used on d, and 3 of them are playing in the NHL. It would be nice to have that depth is all I'm saying. Carle cost us 2 firsts basically, and he's gone now. Pronger is retired...there is 4 firsts out the door, and half a year of versteeg.

We need to start paying the piper and build up our prospect depth.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:17 PM
waldo17

trade voracek, throw out a few offer sheets, boom offseason done

Old
07-26-2012, 02:22 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Looks like Semin to Carolina; 1-year, $7M.

Closed Thread