HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Pominville, with one "m"

Old
07-25-2012, 11:24 PM
SoFFacet

vCash: 500
I don't really understand how the Lucic incident indicts Pominville. Plenty of other captains including Ovie, Sid and Liddy, wouldn't have fought either.

SoFFacet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:25 PM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltenlava26 View Post
I agree. I like my team captains a little more vocal and physical on the ice.
Pom did have a great year statistically and was the most consistent player all year. I have learned to appreciate him a little more than I have in recent years.
Pominville is consistently one of the more vocal players on the Sabres' bench. If you like your captain more "vocal," Pominville's a solid choice.

As for physical play - come on, now. What a cliche that is. Lidstrom. Sakic. Yzerman. A few Sabres: LaFontaine. Drury. Briere. Barnes. None of them are particularly physical players; they are, however, consummate professionals who approach the game the way you'd like a captain to do so.

Seriously, I'm beginning to believe any hate for Pominville as the team's captain stems from him not growing a grizzly beard come playoff time.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 01:10 AM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFFacet View Post
I don't really understand how the Lucic incident indicts Pominville. Plenty of other captains including Ovie, Sid and Liddy, wouldn't have fought either.
Everyone failed. Time to get over it.(Not just you per se.)

enrothorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 01:56 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
Pominville is consistently one of the more vocal players on the Sabres' bench. If you like your captain more "vocal," Pominville's a solid choice.

As for physical play - come on, now. What a cliche that is. Lidstrom. Sakic. Yzerman. A few Sabres: LaFontaine. Drury. Briere. Barnes. None of them are particularly physical players; they are, however, consummate professionals who approach the game the way you'd like a captain to do so.

Seriously, I'm beginning to believe any hate for Pominville as the team's captain stems from him not growing a grizzly beard come playoff time.
So unreasonable. I mean, the Kings won the cup and look at Brown's crappy beard.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:53 AM
zbubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
What a nice thing to say but with Pomminville as our captain we missed the playoffs when we shouldn't of missed the playoffs. Some of that responsibility is on Pomminville so I am not 100% satisfied.
He should have played goal and the other 8 starting positions lost due to injury, simultaneously.

zbubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 12:04 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbubble View Post
He should have played goal and the other 8 starting positions lost due to injury, simultaneously.
He could just never leave the ice! Take one shift as 1st C, then stay on for a 2nd shift at RW, then shift 3 on the top D pairing. All while also being in goal.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 12:06 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

If Pominville can't assist himself on 3 goals a game and fight everyone on the other team at the same time with one arm and a blindfold, he's clearly unfit for captaincy.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 01:09 PM
michaelsaas

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltenlava26 View Post
I agree. I like my team captains a little more vocal and physical on the ice.
Pom did have a great year statistically and was the most consistent player all year. I have learned to appreciate him a little more than I have in recent years.
I agree but I think players like Ott, Scott and Kaleta, etc lessen the need for that type of captain.
Overall I am think Pomiminvimille is a great player and am satisfied with him as our captain

michaelsaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrothorne View Post
He's been here long enough. Unless you have legit brain issues, there's no reason to keep misspelling it.
Regier / Regehr / Hodgson / Ehrhoff have had their share of misspellings as well in the past...

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:50 PM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Regier / Regehr / Hodgson / Ehrhoff have had their share of misspellings as well in the past...
And Regier is the only one who has been here longer. I don't see it misspelled quite as often. Plus, you don't watch him 80+ times a year on tv, see his jersey out in public and at games, and he isn't talked about as much.

enrothorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 06:40 PM
moltenlava26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
If Pominville can't assist himself on 3 goals a game and fight everyone on the other team at the same time with one arm and a blindfold, he's clearly unfit for captaincy.
Yup that's exactally what I want! How did you know?

But seriously, I understand he is not a tough guy or will ever be in the top 50 in total checks but at some point, when you put on that C, you need to play out of character.

I dont need Poms to eat rusty nails for pre game meals or get tattoos from places which reuse needles but when the goalie gets run, I expect something more.

Would he have gotten his a$$ beat...most likely, but what if he had a George mcfly moment, and by some miracle, knocked "biff" lucic down or out? Pom would have went down as the greatest captain in sabres history for that one "dare to be great" moment.

Maybe you and I look at what wearing the C means differently? I value heart, leadership, and toughness when needed, but that's just my opinion.

moltenlava26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 07:56 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

Thank you moltanlava26, you put it better than I. I would have been happy with a turtle, an immediate fall down, a complete clutch and grab, just something.

First off, he was the Captain of the Sabres, he watched his goalie get creamed by a goon, he was on the ice, he leisurely skated up to the scrum like it was a normal after whistle hassle, never face washed anyone, let alone give one indication he was pissed and going to go after Lucic. Nada, nothing. I'm sorry but show some sort of emotion that our star goalie, your teammate for over 7 years, and there was nothing in regards to emotion from.

Or Vanek. Wears an A.
Or Myers. The Future.
Or Sekera.
Or Gaustad.

Before you rush to defend Pomms, rewatch the hit on Miller first and THEN tell me everything I wrote above isn't 100% accurate.

That's why several of us keep mentioning the Lucic hit. That one episode showed the true character of so many Sabres, and it was awful.

Sorry, beating a dad horse but a real leader would've done something. Lindstrum would've done something. Sakic would've done something. You mention guys like this but there is a difference, other teams respect the teams that these guys captained, they don't respect the Sabres players, and with good reason. Btw, our goalie got ran the next game, and Miller got ran his first game back....coincidence????

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 09:01 AM
AlexanderMogilny89

Jason Pominville robs Ovechkin and scores 3/27/12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJO-4pVTvzs

This play other than the goal against Ottawa is my favorite. It also has captain written all over it. I would hope that he is the captain when they hoist the 1st cup and win the 1st pro. championship ever in Buffalo history.

AlexanderMogilny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 04:25 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Gilbert Perrault

SuperNintendoChalmrs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Herman Hessian

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsaas View Post
players like Ott, Scott....,
two t's, huh ?

Herman Hessian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 09:43 PM
SabresBills2012

Just trade him for Ryan.

SabresBills2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 01:30 AM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBills2012 View Post
Just trade him for Ryan.
I can't tell if you're joking or not after the thread you made today...

I am proud to have Jason Pominville as our captain. I wanted Vanek at first before last season, but now it's so easy to see that Pominville was the right choice.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 06:02 AM
Blitz
With the #2 pick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970 View Post
I don't see too many people spell Pomminville, but, people spelling Meyers is beyond annoying. And it still happens often.
The main board is the worst for it (not surprising)... the one that drives me even crazier than Pomminville, Erhoff, & Meyers is when people talk about Luke Adams - I wish it was just a typo, but it never is.

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 06:50 AM
DixonWard15

one of the most underappreciated Sabres ever imo

DixonWard15 is offline   Reply With Quote