HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poile

View Poll Results: Will Poile be fired before the season starts?
Yes 13 15.29%
No 72 84.71%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-26-2012, 12:09 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
poile being fired is a pipedream
The only reason Poile should be fired is if he failed to act in accordance with the guidelines set by ownership or failed to maximize the resources alloted him. Brett Wilson's revelation that the team made a $104million offer to Weber leads me to think the team put forth a competitive offer when looked at as a whole, but Shea then went looking for a bigger short term payday.

101st_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 12:42 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
The only reason Poile should be fired is if he failed to act in accordance with the guidelines set by ownership or failed to maximize the resources alloted him. Brett Wilson's revelation that the team made a $104million offer to Weber leads me to think the team put forth a competitive offer when looked at as a whole, but Shea then went looking for a bigger short term payday.
Well of course, he'd be moronic to do otherwise and go agaisnt his bosses wants/needs. People forget Poile isn't the ultimate decision maker behind our franchise as much as ppl like to think he is, it goes much higher up/complex than him. But the point is Poile has made all the right moves, yes even with Suter. So Poile being fired is a pipe dream.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:03 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
Well of course, he'd be moronic to do otherwise and go agaisnt his bosses wants/needs. People forget Poile isn't the ultimate decision maker behind our franchise as much as ppl like to think he is, it goes much higher up/complex than him. But the point is Poile has made all the right moves, yes even with Suter. So Poile being fired is a pipe dream.
Suter is a strange situation. If we take Weber at his word, even he was surprised that Suter left. In that light not trading Suter's rights for something prior to draft day is somewhat reasonable because there seemed to be an expectation that we'd retain him before subsequently getting outbid by the Wild. It sucks, but it's part of the game. The caveat here is if Poile was authorized to structure the deal with more front loading or bonuses than he did, then he miscalculated and created a mess. With the lack of evidence of what kind of structure he offered and how that compares to what he was authorized I'm not jumping on the fire Poile caravan. If he failed to maximize the resources alloted and cost the owners money as some here have claimed, I have little doubt that the owners will take action about it.

101st_fan is online now   Reply With Quote