HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wake Up and Play Now

Old
04-22-2006, 07:30 PM
RGF

vCash: 500
Wake Up and Play Now

Overall, the game was a disaster! Prucha and 2nd Line scoring was a non-factor since the team commited an atrocious amount of penalties. Penalties were the pervasive theme of this contest. No one should be complaining, everyone should just accept the team played poorly, theres nothing you can do when you take that many penalties and allow that many PPGS. The game was over after 2_

However, I thought the Rangers played pretty well at even strength (in the short minutes there were) I liked Hollweg's play a lot esp after Janssens hit Kaspar, and Hollweg layed him out and made the point of fighting him. Kaspar had a lot of good hits too. Lundy, can't be too upset. A couple of those PP goals were beautiful, and considering hes been out so long he did fine with the shots he should have saved. Jagr, its too bad he hurt himself, and I know some say Renney had no business putting him out there but Jagr hurt himself there, no need for an awkard reach jab at a player going against the grain of your shoulder (its either going to be a sprained shoulder or wrist)

I think this will be a good wakeup call for them. I thought they played great in the 1st. Everyone can see there is something waiting to be unleashed by the team, its so close just got to play smart to start winning. I truly believe if the penalties were down and a couple more kills NYR could have won that game in Even Strength hockey.

No excuses no over analyzing the game folks. Just plained s*cked, I think theyll be vastly improved Monday, with or without Jagr. W or L this team is gaining valuable experience for the future, not just next year but Monday_

Last edited by Draft Guru: 04-22-2006 at 07:52 PM.
RGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 07:33 PM
nyrangerfan214

im not sure man, although a lot of the devils goals were on the PP, they`ve just been playing kickass hockey. without jagr 100% i, and if we dont shape up i really think we could be sweept.

nyrangerfan214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 11:52 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
This team just isn't scoring at all right now and haven't been for the last 6 games. No one has any confidence right now........I seen nothing different today than the last 5 games.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 11:54 PM
GraveyTrain09

pathetic.

GraveyTrain09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Osminator

Looks like the Rangers' "Mighty Ducks Movie Team" impression will not have a happy ending, instead they'll go down in flames...

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 11:59 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator
Looks like the Rangers' "Mighty Ducks Movie Team" impression will not have a happy ending, instead they'll go down in flames...
I think they will have a Hollywood ending. Gotta face some controversy to make the big screen. Jagr hurt= the controversy. Hollywood ending= Hollywood(Hollweg) holding up the cup

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 12:07 AM
Osminator

This years Rangers are perfect for a new Mighty Ducks sequel:

Sandis Ozolinsh: He's got a knuckle-puck, but can't play defense to save his life

Tom Poti: A natural born geek who probably loves to read about hockey rather than play it

Michal Rozsival: The "Bad Boy" on the team with his countless hooking, holding penalties

Petr Sykora: He's got the skills... but doesn't show up. Lets the NY Mighty Ducks down when they need him the most

Blair Betts: They found him in a trash can, thought he could win face-offs, but couldn't when it counted

Marcel Hossa: Living in the shadows of his superstar brother, bound to make it better than Marian, but is a complete failure

Most Rangers prospects: Looking for their move to become unsung heros and contribute, instead they will be taking orders of BigMacs in about 5-10 years

Special Appearances by:

Fedor Federov: A Russian rock-star who couldn't play hockey to save his life

Kevin Weekes: Well, he tried. Apart from some spectacular saves, he failed. Will operate a tabacco farm with Gordon Bombay in Barbados

Old
04-23-2006, 12:09 AM
Osminator

ooops... forgot to mention that

Tom Renny: fondles one of the Rangers ice girls and will get 15 years in prison for grave bodily harm. He writes a book in prison titled "Mein Kampf: Line combos in NY"

Old
04-23-2006, 12:12 AM
Osminator

*kiddin* LOLOLOL ... I'm just crying on the inside

Old
04-23-2006, 02:55 AM
sickboy35

Quote:

Sandis Ozolinsh: He's got a knuckle-puck, but can't play defense to save his life

Tom Poti: A natural born geek who probably loves to read about hockey rather than play it

Michal Rozsival: The "Bad Boy" on the team with his countless hooking, holding penalties

Petr Sykora: He's got the skills... but doesn't show up. Lets the NY Mighty Ducks down when they need him the most

Blair Betts: They found him in a trash can, thought he could win face-offs, but couldn't when it counted

Marcel Hossa: Living in the shadows of his superstar brother, bound to make it better than Marian, but is a complete failure

Most Rangers prospects: Looking for their move to become unsung heros and contribute, instead they will be taking orders of BigMacs in about 5-10 years

Special Appearances by:

Kevin Weekes: Well, he tried. Apart from some spectacular saves, he failed. Will operate a tabacco farm with Gordon Bombay in Barbados

you forgot that his music makes john tess seem talented!

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 03:51 AM
tpb209

it seems a lot of people have been really doom and gloom no matter what this team does. Even if we lose this series the team has been way above expectations so i dont know what people are complaining about.

tpb209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 03:55 AM
Czech Your Math

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim8778
it seems a lot of people have been really doom and gloom no matter what this team does. Even if we lose this series the team has been way above expectations so i dont know what people are complaining about.
I'd just like to see a real hockey team play real hockey. If the team is too tired or injured to do so, and the refs are too intimidated by Buttman to let a hockey game break out, then I guess many of us will be a bit disappointed.

Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 08:43 AM
The New Originals

Quote:

Special Appearances by:

Tom Renny: fondles one of the Rangers ice girls and will get 15 years in prison for grave bodily harm. He writes a book in prison titled "Mein Kampf: Line combos in NY"

The New Originals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 10:00 AM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Sooner or later Renney is going to be the one to blame.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 02:47 PM
tpb209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math
I'd just like to see a real hockey team play real hockey. If the team is too tired or injured to do so, and the refs are too intimidated by Buttman to let a hockey game break out, then I guess many of us will be a bit disappointed.
I know what you are saying I would also like to see 60 solid minutes of hockey without bad calls or lazy penalties.

tpb209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Fletch

What's Prucha going to do...

playing on the bottom two lines anyways? He's a 23 year old kid and does Renney expect him to really elevate Betts' game, or is he just burying him because he doesn't have the confidence in him to play even strength on a second line?

And the Ranger played well at even strength (or did they?), because they didn't play much at even strength. And even when they did, they committed penalties because they were either stupid, beat, or outworked - so I'm not sure they played that great at even strength.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 03:48 PM
shoothepuck

The wake up will be for a NY Ranger to score the first goal on Monday

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
And even when they did, they committed penalties because they were either stupid, beat, or outworked
I don't think they took many penalties because they were beat or outworked (I'm actually struggling to think of one that was that way)... but they were stupid, I'll grant that.

Discipline is as much a part of the game as anything else.

However, we're talking to leading up to the stupid penalties, they worked hard and played the Devils very very well.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote