HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

2012-2013 News Around the NHL thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Tuco

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickOlax View Post
You guys sound just like all the fans of other teams who bashed us in JBo trade, Horton trade, Wideman trade, Frolik trade etc. I've heard so many times how "Florida got fleeced" or "Panthers are a joke".

I actually feel this is a pretty fair and decent trade for the Jackets. We never know what the other offers were for sure, but imo this is pretty fair. Nash is a bit overrated, even though a very good player. Dubinsky and especially Anisimov are good parts for their offense and Erixon has good potential. The 1sti rounder probably will be in the 20-30 range, but is still either a good part for trading or potentially a good prospect.

All in all just glad this trade finally took place so we can all move on from all the Nash discussions.

-L-
That's because we used to get fleeced in most of our trades . Luckily it doesn't seem like that anymore.

Old
07-24-2012, 04:34 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
You guys sound just like all the fans of other teams who bashed us in JBo trade, Horton trade, Wideman trade, Frolik trade etc. I've heard so many times how "Florida got fleeced" or "Panthers are a joke".

I actually feel this is a pretty fair and decent trade for the Jackets. We never know what the other offers were for sure, but imo this is pretty fair. Nash is a bit overrated, even though a very good player. Dubinsky and especially Anisimov are good parts for their offense and Erixon has good potential. The 1sti rounder probably will be in the 20-30 range, but is still either a good part for trading or potentially a good prospect.

All in all just glad this trade finally took place so we can all move on from all the Nash discussions.

-L-
Because we have been?

Thank god not any more.

I said b4 I empathize with cbj and truly hope this ends up being an even win win trade.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:46 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Semin to Carolina for 1 year done. And they say the NW division is the most improved?

Old
07-26-2012, 03:03 PM
MickOlax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
That's because we used to get fleeced in most of our trades . Luckily it doesn't seem like that anymore.
Yeah before Tallon yeah, but I meant the early trades from Tallon. We got bashed from virtually every trade outside of Santorelli and Soupy. And yet the only trade that was a bit of a headscratcher was the second Wideman trade when we only got a 3rd pick and some useless Jake Hauswirth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Because we have been?

Thank god not any more.

I said b4 I empathize with cbj and truly hope this ends up being an even win win trade.
Yes we have, but that was the time before Tallon. At the start of DT's reign we still got "fleeced" in trades as per all the other HFBoards users. A good example was the Frolik trade.

I honestly feel that it wasn't a too bad trade for the Jackets. Surely, Rangers got easily the best player in the trade so they could be considered winners right now. But the reality is that Nash was gone anyway so getting two solid top 6 forwards and a D-man with good potential, plus a 1st rounder is a good way to boost the organizational depth which they really lack.

The point is, the Jackets we're basically bound to lose that trade since no team would have or could have given them a better player in return than Nash, but IMO they couldn't have lost that trade by a much more smaler margin.

That's all for now about the Blue Jackets.

-L-

Old
07-27-2012, 10:52 AM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
Semin to Carolina for 1 year done. And they say the NW division is the most improved?
1 year, 7 million. I said anything less than 6.5 and people were dreaming. Wow, the SE has really got some talent going into next season.

Old
07-27-2012, 10:56 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Yeah before Tallon yeah, but I meant the early trades from Tallon. We got bashed from virtually every trade outside of Santorelli and Soupy. And yet the only trade that was a bit of a headscratcher was the second Wideman trade when we only got a 3rd pick and some useless Jake Hauswirth.

Yes we have, but that was the time before Tallon. At the start of DT's reign we still got "fleeced" in trades as per all the other HFBoards users. A good example was the Frolik trade.

I honestly feel that it wasn't a too bad trade for the Jackets. Surely, Rangers got easily the best player in the trade so they could be considered winners right now. But the reality is that Nash was gone anyway so getting two solid top 6 forwards and a D-man with good potential, plus a 1st rounder is a good way to boost the organizational depth which they really lack.

The point is, the Jackets we're basically bound to lose that trade since no team would have or could have given them a better player in return than Nash, but IMO they couldn't have lost that trade by a much more smaler margin.

That's all for now about the Blue Jackets.

-L-
Good points. And again as hockey fan, nothing would make me happier then the trade being even in retrospect 2 yrs from now.

Old
10-24-2012, 12:02 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
So it looks like the Islanders are going to be moving to Brooklyn. As a Brooklyn boy, and Islander fan from when I was a kid, its good to see them stay. The only thing I read was that the Barclay Center would only seat a bit over 14k for hockey games, so Im sure some renovations are going to be made, even though the Islanders averaged under that last season.

Old
10-24-2012, 12:58 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I was very glad to hear this news. I was born on Long Island and most of my family still lives there, so I've always had a soft spot for the Islanders. I would have been very upset had they moved elsewhere, so I'm glad they're staying very closeby and should easily attract a bigger fanbase. Especially with a probable bright future for them.

Old
10-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Howboutthempanthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
I was very glad to hear this news. I was born on Long Island and most of my family still lives there, so I've always had a soft spot for the Islanders. I would have been very upset had they moved elsewhere, so I'm glad they're staying very closeby and should easily attract a bigger fanbase. Especially with a probable bright future for them.
So does this change anything for Islander fans? I mean, forgive my ignorance but does this add Brooklyn fans to the Islander fan base or does it turn into all Brooklyn fans and no Islander fans. I don't understand the specific dynamics. I guess what I want to know is does this hurt Islander fans more than it helps them or not at all?

Old
10-24-2012, 07:10 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
So does this change anything for Islander fans? I mean, forgive my ignorance but does this add Brooklyn fans to the Islander fan base or does it turn into all Brooklyn fans and no Islander fans. I don't understand the specific dynamics. I guess what I want to know is does this hurt Islander fans more than it helps them or not at all?
Brooklyn definitely has TONS of more Rangers fans than Islanders fans since the Rangers because it's right across the river from Manhattan, the Rangers have a longer history, and the Rangers have been much more successful over the last decade or so than the Islanders. However, if the Islanders become competitive, I can see more people gaining interest in them.

With Nassau Coliseum being basically a dump and many fans having so much trouble getting there from The City, this is only a good thing for the team. They'll always be second to the Rangers though.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:53 AM
IceManCat
Tank Disarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
From what I've been able to gather Islanders fans LOVE the move. Apparently they were on the brink of getting shipped to Canada, this move to Brooklyn solidifies their stay in New York. Brooklyn is also part of Long Island, the jerseys,uniform, colors and logo will stay exactly the same as well as the team name.

Old
10-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Hockeycast

vCash: 794
This isn't really news but since there's the lockout there isn't much else to post so here's a video that i'd really would appreciate you watching, i think you'll enjoy it
Thanks

Old
01-09-2013, 11:33 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Leafs GM Burke fired according to Bob McKenzie:

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Toronto Maple Leafs have apparently fired Brian Burke as general manager. Working on official confirmations.
edit: Also, mods could edit the title to fit the current season or a new thread could be in place.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Howboutthempanthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Leafs GM Burke fired according to Bob McKenzie:

edit: Also, mods could edit the title to fit the current season or a new thread could be in place.
I just heard. WTF?!

Old
01-09-2013, 12:18 PM
RainingRats

I'm surprised it took so long. He's done nothing for the Leafs. Reminds me of when we had terrible GMs

Old
01-09-2013, 12:20 PM
ShootIt

"Trading for Luongo, Burke?

GTFO."

Crazy if true. At least let him finish out the new season

Old
01-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Definitely Luongo related. Either Luongo is heading to Toronto very soon, or he's not going to be traded to Toronto. What makes sense to me is that Toronto ownership wants Luongo, and Burke didn't, or at least not at the price Vancouver is asking for. Finally this Luongo saga will end though.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:25 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Definitely Luongo related. Either Luongo is heading to Toronto very soon, or he's not going to be traded to Toronto. What makes sense to me is that Toronto ownership wants Luongo, and Burke didn't, or at least not at the price Vancouver is asking for. Finally this Luongo saga will end though.
That's what I was thinking. Imagine a world where Brian Burke doesn't overypay for a star player and gets fired for it. haha, geez

Old
01-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
That's what I was thinking. Imagine a world where Brian Burke doesn't overypay for a star player and gets fired for it. haha, geez
Heh, well when you've already given up so much of your future, I guess he painted himself into a corner.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Lol, wow. I mean, it's not like he did all that much, but man did he have a mess. Still, if you're gonna be ok with giving that much up for Kessel, give him more time. We'll find out more soon enough.

01-09-2013, 01:04 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I'm surprised that this wasn't done quite awhile ago, but I'm also surprised that this was done now. Something definitely is fishy about this, but I'm sue the rumors of Luongo to Toronto play some kind of role in his decision. I bet the streets of Toronto are going nuts right about now.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Carolina traded Anthony Stewart & picks to the Kings for Kevin Westgarth.

Looks like we'll see a Parros/Westgarth tilt on Opening Night!

-ghoste

Old
01-30-2013, 03:09 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Cam Jansen was waived by Jersey, he's more of a spark plug and will go with anyone.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:22 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Cam Jansen was waived by Jersey, he's more of a spark plug and will go with anyone.
I remember having conversations about him last year. I actually looked up his stats this year last night, and he had only dressed 3 out of their first 4 games. I think most came to conclusion last year that he would be a welcome addition on the team.

Not sure if Tallon would pick him up with just having signed Parros. We will see if Dale is ready to admit he made a mistake with Parros.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:08 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I'm more interested in Zach Boychuk, who the Canes just put on waivers. I wouldn't be surprised if he got picked up by someone.

Closed Thread