HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLVI All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2012, 01:47 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 500
What has Nash ever done except being overpaid and overrated?

It could be a nice move for the Rangers but could also end up being a sidestep.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:23 PM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

1 year...$7 mil for Semin in Carolina.
That should make the tank crowd happy. Nothing left but Doan and he's probably either staying in PHX or going to NYR.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
That should make the tank crowd happy. Nothing left but Doan and he's probably either staying in PHX or going to NYR.
I would have been ok with that and send Gomez to Hamilton...but MB doesn't seem to like Semin's character.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:29 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
damn pretty surprised by the term and the team

Old
07-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

So does Carolina sign Alex Semin 1 year for 7 million dollars if they have Tomas Kaberle under contract still?

Were are the folks who said who cares about cap space !!!

Old
07-26-2012, 02:31 PM
DenverHabsFan

How about a top 6 of Staal-Staal-Ruutu-Jokinen-Skinner-Semin...

CAR just jumped way past us in the offensive category. + Good goalie.

+ Good coach.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Miller Time

Sucks that Semin went to an Eastern conference team... sucks even more that he went to a non-playoff team.

Carolina and Tampa Bay have made significant improvements this offseason, and aside from NJ, none of the playoff teams have lost anything significant (Pitt lost Staal, but replace him with Sutter while "adding" Crosby)...

playoffs in the East are shaping up to be even tougher to make than they were last year.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:37 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I would have been ok with that and send Gomez to Hamilton...but MB doesn't seem to like Semin's character.
Once again, we are not sending Gomez to Hamilton. It just won't happen.

Front office has no real reason to.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:41 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post

Habs have 6.3 left in cap space. There are reports that Doan has been offered 7 million. I didn't think the habs would send Gomez down, but looking at that, I do think it's a possibility, although unlikely. Unless one of Gionta, Gomez or Kaberle gets moved, there is no cap space for the amount they are offering Doan.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:43 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Habs have 6.3 left in cap space. There are reports that Doan has been offered 7 million. I didn't think the habs would send Gomez down, but looking at that, I do think it's a possibility, although unlikely. Unless one of Gionta, Gomez or Kaberle gets moved, there is no cap space for the amount they are offering Doan.
We shall see, and there is zero chance Doan signs here.

This isn't a good team and there is no great incentive for a guy looking to win now.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:44 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
Sucks that Semin went to an Eastern conference team... sucks even more that he went to a non-playoff team.

Carolina and Tampa Bay have made significant improvements this offseason, and aside from NJ, none of the playoff teams have lost anything significant (Pitt lost Staal, but replace him with Sutter while "adding" Crosby)...

playoffs in the East are shaping up to be even tougher to make than they were last year.

The Sens will not make the playoffs, they overachieved big time last year and so far this year they've lost alot of toughness

Old
07-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Gustave

Quote:

Let's wait for Doan to sign with someone else first, but yes, I'm starting to prepare myself to seeing Gomez in the line up. I'm having a hard time to imagine it from where I stand and it bothers me that he will still be here. The reality is in front of me; he is still on the roster and not much will change from here on end, imo.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Andy

Quote:
We shall see, and there is zero chance Doan signs here.

This isn't a good team and there is no great incentive for a guy looking to win now.
This doesn't have much to do with the chances of Doan signing, but what the pursuit means. The habs don't have that cap space to offer what they offering Doan unless they move one of Gionta, Gomez or Kaberle. It is pretty telling what they are willing to regardless of the chances of Doan signing here.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post

Carolina will be competing for a playoff spot IMO and if they don't make it at the deadline they get back assets for Semin. Win win for them

Old
07-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
The Sens will not make the playoffs, they overachieved big time last year and so far this year they've lost alot of toughness
i wouldn't be confident predicting where the sens will end up in either direction...

yes, they overachieved last year, but they did so largely on the backs of several young players performing above expectations. While it's quite possible, maybe even likely, that some of them will regress, it's also possible that some of them maintain or improve on last season.

Lats and Method add a somewhat more reliable top-9 & top-4/5 presence, and Maclean will be entering year-2, meaning the group as a whole should be more on the same page from day one.

they didn't lose any elements that could be seen as "key", imo, so I wouldn't count on them falling very far from last season.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:52 PM
The Doors

Sucks that another team in the East got better, even worse I bet now Pitt will sign Kostitsyn and have another cheap scoring threat for Malkin's wing while we sit here and flounder...

Old
07-26-2012, 02:56 PM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Let's wait for Doan to sign with someone else first, but yes, I'm starting to prepare myself to seeing Gomez in the line up. I'm having a hard time to imagine it from where I stand and it bothers me that he will still be here. The reality is in front of me; he is still on the roster and not much will change from here on end, imo.

If that's the case I'm REALLY hoping Galchenyuk has an outstanding camp and makes the team. We need someone to cheer for...

Old
07-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Obviously you have no clue since Doan alone would take up all our cap space and that doesn't include PK in the 4-5 mil range.

Old
07-26-2012, 03:01 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Carolina will be competing for a playoff spot IMO and if they don't make it at the deadline they get back assets for Semin. Win win for them
well said. very clever contract.... I doubt that he will be wearing a canes jersey in 2 years regardless of what happens this year ... nice quick fix.

Old
07-26-2012, 03:03 PM
HabsUK

Just me hoping that Semin doesn't have the greatest year so we can pick him up *cheaper* next summer?

$7 million is probably too much, still I expect Carolina to be playoff bound this season.

Old
07-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:

If that's the case I'm REALLY hoping Galchenyuk has an outstanding camp and makes the team. We need someone to cheer for...
This is exactly why I hope he's returned to the OHL for 1 year, some fans are going to basically go into the season expecting to be impressed every game.

Old
07-26-2012, 03:06 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Obviously you have no clue since Doan alone would take up all our cap space and that doesn't include PK in the 4-5 mil range.
Like I said, we shall see. It simply won't happen.

If I'm wrong, feel free to call me on it.

Old
07-26-2012, 03:08 PM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
This is exactly why I hope he's returned to the OHL for 1 year, some fans are going to basically go into the season expecting to be impressed every game.
So what are we supposed to do? Turn off the TV next season? Not every prospect is mentally weak like Lats was. It's a reasonable expectation for a 3rd overall pick.

Old
07-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Like I said, we shall see. It simply won't happen.

If I'm wrong, feel free to call me on it.
It already HAS. Why would they have Doan visit if they were not planning on offering him a contract?

Old
07-26-2012, 03:20 PM
The Doors

I doubt he would want to play here but what do people think of Arnott on a one-year deal if they lose out on Doan? Big, veteran player would form a monster line with Moen and Bourque. maybe Gio and Gomez could bring him on down. Also Mellanby would know him from STL.

Closed Thread