HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Possible Line Combos

Old
07-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

vCash: 500
my quick take

18-16-13 - it worked towards the end of the season, i believe they try it out to start
71-17-19 - gives Foligno a chance to show out, while giving him something to prove, protects RyJo a bit with Dubi and helps him mature
42-10-15 - grit, some goal scoring
22-24-9 - allows 22 to play up and down as matchups dictate and keeps his legs fresh

we roll three lines with Vinny moving in and out in different situations to spell RyJo, or move AA into the middle if necc...I feel like this gives us a lot of flexibility

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Dubinsky's best hockey was played with Anisimov as his center and Callahan on the opposite flank. When he's on his game, his forecheck is tenacious and causes dmen to either take a big hit, or force the puck.

Although he's solid on face-offs, he doesn't have the IQ, or vision to play that position. He was much more effective at LW. Dubinsky would take draws, and flip to LW.

He's going to be a fan favorite in no time. I'm excited about Nash, but Dubinsky was a terrific Ranger who I got to watch develop and mature from his days in Hartford. He's the kind of guy that will do anything to win, and that attitude will ultimately rub off on his new teammates.
Another ringing endorsement of Dubinsky. It's good to hear. Every NYR fan has emphasized the guy's work ethic and tenaciousness. Sounds nothing but good.

With all of the new forwards and very green players (Atkinson, Johansen), I can't imagine that line combinations will be settled until the season is well underway. If Umberger, Brassard and Prospal end up being well represented on the ultimately determined first line, then it's going to be a long, long season. I hope that Dubinski, Atkinson, Anisimov and Foligno each show better first line capabilities better than the remnants of the 30th place team in the NHL.

Umberger and Brassard as first liners is really a scary proposition.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
my quick take

18-16-13 - it worked towards the end of the season, i believe they try it out to start
71-17-19 - gives Foligno a chance to show out, while giving him something to prove, protects RyJo a bit with Dubi and helps him mature
42-10-15 - grit, some goal scoring
22-24-9 - allows 22 to play up and down as matchups dictate and keeps his legs fresh

we roll three lines with Vinny moving in and out in different situations to spell RyJo, or move AA into the middle if necc...I feel like this gives us a lot of flexibility
My quick take -
I stop reading when people use numbers instead of names

Old
07-26-2012, 03:28 PM
blahblah

The thing that surprises me. With the forwards we have added, we seem to be wanting to put Brassard and Cam together. On the top line no less.

Does anyone but me really question that logic?

This team isn't going to be built out outscore you. Brassard is the least competitive guy that you want to put into the top six, Cam is the least experienced. Why are we trying to build what we aren't? That line screams I want to put the most skilled guys together to force offense.

If you are going to do that, at least put them on the second line playing 17 minutes a night against lesser players. I have no desire to see Cam and Brassard playing 20 minutes against some of the other teams top lines.

How this team is going to get the most goals while giving up the least is putting big competitive bodies out there and forechecking like hell to keep the puck in the offensive zone. I can see Brassard/Cam being decent match up against certain teams in the league. But Detroit, SJ, etc? No thanks. Why do you want to pair the smallest guy on the team with someone who isn't very big or physical himself? I've always felt Brassard plays smaller than he is.

Brassard and Cam is a combo that is going to be going up and down the ice like crazy. We'll be giving up as many, probably more, scoring chances than we get.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 03:29 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
My quick take -
Especially when we have 3 new forwards.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Roadman
Moving On

If you distill down what it sounds like to me, and yes it has been said, we have 3 #2 lines. Not enough skill to ice a true top line, built enough that the third is better than a usual checking line.

So we are going really have to roll 4 lines. Not only that but going to have to get scoring from each line. Don't have to get top line numbers from any line but have to get something from each. Both a curse nd a blessing. Opposition won't have to target that top unit but will have pay attention all around.

Should be a lot of fun to watch. Has the makings of a real "fan favorite" group.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:06 PM
JrussJacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Ansimov-Dubi-Foligno
Johansen-Brassard-Atkinson
Umby-Letestu-Jenner(yeah hes gonna make the team this year)
gillies-mackenzie-boll

Johnson-Wiz/Murray(seriously johnson is the PERFECT mentor for muray)
Tyutes-Niki
Aucion/Wiz-Moore/Savard

book it now. obviously it'll change around but i really think dubi and foligno together are gonna be special, they play a similiar style and would be interesting to seee if they could feed off each other. second line lets johan and atkinson grow together. The umby jenner line provides energy and grit and then the 4th is a grinding line. The johnson murray pairing would only be in certain situations not every game but i think its setting up for a insane pairing in the future. Tyutin and nikitin have shown a lot of potential after last season and then of course aucoin the vet to mentor a younger fringe ahl/nhl dman.
Not bad but how the hell can you leave Dorsett out of the lineup? After his season last year, no way he sits. He will be on the 3rd line BOOK IT. Id put money that some point in his career, he will hit 20 goals.

JrussJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:31 PM
cbjfaninmo
I know nut-ting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
My quick take -
10-4 :grin:

cbjfaninmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjfaninmo View Post
10-4 :grin:
What's that, a defense pair I suppose?

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:38 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrussJacket View Post
Not bad but how the hell can you leave Dorsett out of the lineup? After his season last year, no way he sits. He will be on the 3rd line BOOK IT. Id put money that some point in his career, he will hit 20 goals.
I completely blanked out dorsett he'll definitely have a huge impact this season. Gillies or boll wont make the cut i bet. He would be good with umby and jenner... Real physical line.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:43 PM
JrussJacket

Quote:
I completely blanked out dorsett he'll definitely have a huge impact this season. Gillies or boll wont make the cut i bet. He would be good with umby and jenner... Real physical line.
Hey it happens

I like what Ive seen so far out of Jenner, I just wonder if he wouldnt benifit more by some time in the AHL. I agree that he is not far off though.

Old
07-26-2012, 04:45 PM
End of Line
Human After All

I'll take a stab at this.

Umberger-Brassard-Atkinson
Dubinsky-Anismiov-Prospal
Foligno-Johansen-Dorsett
Boll-MacKenzie-Letestu
Gillies

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.

Last edited by End of Line: 07-27-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Changed
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 05:03 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Hey it happens

I like what Ive seen so far out of Jenner, I just wonder if he wouldnt benifit more by some time in the AHL. I agree that he is not far off though.
Seems like hes really starting to grow his game a bit. Like getting his basics down like skating and positioning. Those were the main drawbacks if i remember right and he had the same amount of pts last season than the seasom before with 20 less games.
Im really excited about johan and atkison the most. Johans been living with his trainer and hes bulked up. And atkinson was on track for a 50+ pt season at the rate he was at last yr. They definitely don't need to be on the top line though. A foligno dubi dorsett cpuld be a tough first line. With ansimov/johan/atkinson being #2 woth johan and ansimov interchanging. Lines 1&3 would be super tough gritty scoring lines. #2 would be our energy scoring line and #4 wpuld be our checking gritty line.

Old
07-26-2012, 05:12 PM
JrussJacket

Quote:
Seems like hes really starting to grow his game a bit. Like getting his basics down like skating and positioning. Those were the main drawbacks if i remember right and he had the same amount of pts last season than the seasom before with 20 less games.
Im really excited about johan and atkison the most. Johans been living with his trainer and hes bulked up. And atkinson was on track for a 50+ pt season at the rate he was at last yr. They definitely don't need to be on the top line though. A foligno dubi dorsett cpuld be a tough first line. With ansimov/johan/atkinson being #2 woth johan and ansimov interchanging. Lines 1&3 would be super tough gritty scoring lines. #2 would be our energy scoring line and #4 wpuld be our checking gritty line.
Its gonna be one hell of a training camp! I started to post what I thought the line up might look like, but then erased it bout 10 different times. There is just so many possibilities and options....Which is a good thing!

One thing is for certain: If your not bringing your A game, you wont play! Because the guy right behind ya is gonna be bringing it!

We say it every year, but this year more then any! Gonna be a really interesting training camp!

Old
07-26-2012, 05:14 PM
36kap36

Quote:
He definitely could use some more time down, why rush him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post

Foligno-Dubinsky-Johansen
Prospal-Anisimov-Letestu
Gillies-MacKenzie-Dorsett
Boll
Again I will stress how it does not make sense to shove Johansen on the wing, he is a center, put him in the AHL if he doesn't make the cut as a center (which is likely in my eyes), but don't try to change his position just so he stays on the roster.

36kap36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 05:16 PM
BJfan
NobodyBeatsTheWiz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post

Foligno-Dubinsky-Johansen
Prospal-Anisimov-Letestu
Gillies-MacKenzie-Dorsett
Boll
Unbelievable that we just signed our 13 forward to a 2yr/million per yr contract. Nice job Scotty

BJfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 05:19 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36kap36 View Post

Again I will stress how it does not make sense to shove Johansen on the wing, he is a center, put him in the AHL if he doesn't make the cut as a center (which is likely in my eyes), but don't try to change his position just so he stays on the roster.
Some players are just better at different positions. Just cause he was a stud center inthe whl doesn't mean he will in he nhl. This is half joking half serious... But he always develops better on the wing in nhl 12 lmao

Old
07-26-2012, 05:22 PM
JrussJacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36kap36 View Post

Thats the problem, he is not eligable for the AHL. He is to young. He wasnt strong enough or defensively responsible enough to play center in the NHL last year, so they put him at the wing.

Old
07-26-2012, 05:34 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Thats the problem, he is not eligable for the AHL. He is to young. He wasnt strong enough or defensively responsible enough to play center in the NHL last year, so they put him at the wing.
He will be eligible this year, turns 20 July 31.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 05:59 PM
wahsnairb

Prospal - Brassard - Umberger
Atkinson - Anisimov - Johansen
Dubinsky - Letestu - Foligno
Gillies/Boll - Mackenzie - Dorsett
Gillies/Boll
Jenner

Johnson - Wisniewski
Tyutin - Nikitin
Aucoin - Murray
Erixon
Moore
Savard
Prout

Bob
Mason

Can justify later when I am not at work. That is, at the very least, going to be a frustrating team even if it isn't a good team.

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Crede777
Deputized

I think it will be really fluid. I think starting out:

Umberger - Brassard - Atkinson (Worked a bit last season, it's 2nd line A)
Prospal - Dubinsky - Anisimov (Previous NYR line, it's 2nd line B)
Foligno - Mackenzie - Dorsett (Grit, speed, scoring)
Boll/Gillies - Letestu - Johansen (Sheltered minutes, Letestu and Johansen are interchangable at center.)

Johnson - Wisniewski
Tyutin - Nikitin
Aucoin - Murray/Erixon
Moore/Savard

Bobrovsky
Mason

Do we still have Russell or Boyce? It's a shame Mayorov is in the KHL he'd look good on this roster I think. Also, I think Murray gets 9 games but don't know if he'll get sent back to Everett.

Last edited by Crede777: 07-26-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Byrral

Dubinsky-Brassard-Umberger
Prospal-Anisimov-Atkinson
Foligno-Dmac-Dorsett
Gillies-Johansen-Letestu
Boll

Johnson-Wiz
Tyutin-Niki
Erixon-Aucoin
Moore

Bob
Mason

Last edited by Byrral: 01-07-2013 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Spelled Joey's name wrong
Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 07:06 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Based on what I've seen of everyone:

Prospal-Anisimov-Dubinsky
Foligno-Johansen-Letestu
Boll-Mackenzie-Dorsett

Calvert/Gillies/Kubalik

Johnson-Wiz
Tyutin-Nikitin
Aucoin-Moore

Erixon-Savard (Send Murray back to juniors unless he takes a spot away from someone in camp)

Bobrovsky-Goalie to be named later (hopefully)

In the top two, one possible flip would be Umby and Dubinsky. I like the idea of the space Dubinsky might generate for Brass and Cam.

It's interesting to look at these lines and see what kind of players stick out. In the past, the energy/physical guys stuck out. Now, the pillow fighters stick out. Brass and Johansen (and to some extent Umby), I'm looking at you.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 07:08 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJfan View Post
Unbelievable that we just signed our 13 forward to a 2yr/million per yr contract. Nice job Scotty
Well, yeah, I guess if that lineup were right? Truth is, we don't know where Boll will end up. at $1m per, I don't really care a lot. We're paying more than that to Commodore who's somewhere on a beach.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 07:33 PM
36kap36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
Based on what I've seen of everyone:

Prospal-Anisimov-Dubinsky
Foligno-Johansen-Letestu
Boll-Mackenzie-Dorsett

Calvert/Gillies/Kubalik

Johnson-Wiz
Tyutin-Nikitin
Aucoin-Moore

Erixon-Savard (Send Murray back to juniors unless he takes a spot away from someone in camp)

Bobrovsky-Goalie to be named later (hopefully)

In the top two, one possible flip would be Umby and Dubinsky. I like the idea of the space Dubinsky might generate for Brass and Cam.

It's interesting to look at these lines and see what kind of players stick out. In the past, the energy/physical guys stuck out. Now, the pillow fighters stick out. Brass and Johansen (and to some extent Umby), I'm looking at you.
Never thought about that...I like it!

36kap36 is offline   Reply With Quote