Notices

Why All The Whining About Officiating?

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2003, 12:18 PM
sfbruin

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=sarge88]

Sometimes I think that you are simply taking the contrarian point of view just to have something to do.

QUOTE]

Bingo.

Old
12-01-2003, 12:21 PM
sfbruin

Because the officiating sucks eggs, that's why. Not just for the Bruins, but mainly in the East and/or aginst teams that play a old school trap.

This holier than thou thing is way past irritating. That seat on Walsh's bench did wonders for your hat size. It's back on the ignore list for you.

Old
12-02-2003, 07:16 AM
Jeff from Maine

sf...

sf...

you could hav summed those last 2 posts up in one reply.

And BTW...the ignore thing is probably your best bet...My Holier Than Thou act aint disappearing brother. So you are certianly making the wisest choice. Good decision.

Its the way to go here...and I plan on being Holier Than EVER over the next few months

Catch ya next summer....

Later

Old
12-02-2003, 07:47 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine
sf...

And BTW...the ignore thing is probably your best bet...My Holier Than Thou act aint disappearing brother. So you are certianly making the wisest choice. Good decision.

Its the way to go here...and I plan on being Holier Than EVER over the next few months

Catch ya next summer....

Later
Jeff, trying to convince people that the officiating in the NHL does not suck is going to be a tough task. But Sarge and SfBruin have you pegged. You just take a contrarian view point to everything whether you are right or wrong and whether you know it or not.

I hate to break it to you, but the Bruins arent the only team that piss and moan about officiating. EVERY team does it. I know you are the expert on all things hockey, but it does. Why is it you constantly call for accountability, yet it is not OK to expect it from the officials? Give me a break.

Finally, do you ever think about posting your opinions as a matter of proven fact? They are your opinions...ease up on the exclamation points. I also love it how you pick your battles. Numerous excellent points were made during this thread, especially by DKH and you simply ignored it like you ALWAYS do when you are proven inaccurate.

Old
12-02-2003, 08:28 AM
Jeff from Maine

You Obviously Have Read NOTHING...

You have obviously read NOTHING that I wrote!

Had you done so, you would have SURELY noticed that I have stated that NHL officiating in general is BAD!

And I have further stated that it is FAR from just th B`s who experience this.

As far as accountability, I am all for it with the reffs. But until an effective system that DEMANDS aacountability is put intoplace, then dont expect it to magically happen! Officials MUST be held accountable.

But if you call a kangaroo court or peanut gallery of players a process of accountability, then you certainly cannot be reasoned with.

How is a bunch of teams complaining about the officiating a means of accountability? Its NOT!

Its a bunch of babies who are whining! Thats my opinion.

I`ll save my All Knowing/expert of all thats hockey mantra for other more worthwhile topics.

As far as a matter of proven fact...I dont claim it if it isnt so.

I actually learned how to post like this from you Bruwinz I read what were obviously deemed acceptable posts, and I copied your way of wording things so that insults and matter of fact statements are veiled well!

Its serves you well...so I figured, "Why reinvent the wheel, when I can just copy the methods of others?"

And as far as picking my battles....dont we all?

And BTW...PROVE where I was proven to be inaccurate.

You wont find it!

Later

Old
12-02-2003, 08:40 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:

Had you done so, you would have SURELY noticed that I have stated that NHL officiating in general is BAD!

As far as accountability, I am all for it with the reffs. But until an effective system that DEMANDS aacountability is put intoplace, then dont expect it to magically happen! Officials MUST be held accountable.

But if you call a kangaroo court or peanut gallery of players a process of accountability, then you certainly cannot be reasoned with.

How is a bunch of teams complaining about the officiating a means of accountability? Its NOT!

I`ll save my All Knowing/expert of all thats hockey mantra for other more worthwhile topics.

I actually learned how to post like this from you Bruwinz I read what were obviously deemed acceptable posts, and I copied your way of wording things so that insults and matter of fact statements are veiled well!

Its serves you well...so I figured, "Why reinvent the wheel, when I can just copy the methods of others?"

You wont find it!

Later
Well the most glaring inaccuracies of your post is that you make it out like the Bruins are the only ones complaining which is simply untrue. Second, you made it out like the Bruins dont skate hard and thats why they dont get calls...and you made this point AFTER the Nashville game where they skated extremely hard, so that was inaccurate. So there, I proved it.

As far as posting like me...well they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I appreciate it, but keep working on it and you might get there some day. I just think everyone is sick of you bashing all things Bruin. The Bruins comlaining deviates no more or less from the rest of the NHL norm.

The only reason this is blown up in people's minds is because of the comments Thornton made. I have Center Ice, guys complain non stop. They do it in baseball, football, basketball, tennis...EVERY FREAKIN SPORT! Forsberg does it, Mario does it, Bertuzzi does it, Marino did it, Bird did it, Neely did it. IT IS A FACT OF SPORTS LIFE! You just simply use it as part of your anti-Bruin crusade which becomes more painfully transparent by the day.

Old
12-02-2003, 08:42 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
knock it off boys ...

PM each other.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
12-02-2003, 10:22 AM
sfbruin

Quote:
sf...

Catch ya next summer....

Later
Hmm... ok 'brother'. I come back to Central ME every summer -- we'll have to 'get together'. I'm curious to see how big your head actually is.

Old
12-02-2003, 05:15 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:

You wont find it!

Later
Jeff, I hope your sticking around because I for one like your input- even when we disagree; and your 'exchanges' with BJ are often better than the Broons games

Closed Thread