Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Hallo I am Visiting Norway

Old
07-21-2012, 08:06 AM
waltdetroit

vCash: 500
Hallo I am Visiting Norway

I am Visiting Norway and will be in Oslo, Bergen, & take the boat to Trondheim starting August 16 to September 1. Will there be any hockey and/or arenas I should see? Where are the best places to buy Jerseys? I like the Trondheim jersey. Thanks

waltdetroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:53 PM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltdetroit View Post
I am Visiting Norway and will be in Oslo, Bergen, & take the boat to Trondheim starting August 16 to September 1. Will there be any hockey and/or arenas I should see? Where are the best places to buy Jerseys? I like the Trondheim jersey. Thanks
Well there are no hockey played in august, but i guess u can buy jerseys. I do not know where u can buy those jerseys. Sry. In Oslo there is 1 big club and that is Vålerenga if and in Trondheim u got Rosenborg hockey. Bergen got Bergen flyers, but that team isnt in the eliteleague (get league).

TollefsenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 06:17 PM
waltdetroit

Takk TollefsenFan

Old
07-27-2012, 05:39 PM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Takk TollefsenFan
No problem mate If u got some other question, then just ask

Ill move to the Oslo area myself U should visit Drammen when ur in Oslo. Drammen is a small town 30-40 mins away from Oslo Drammen got Norways oldest brewery (Aass bryggeri) I mean Beer, booze and hockey is a good combo

Old
07-30-2012, 09:20 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Bring loads of cash. **** is expensive here.

Unfortunatelly the season doesn't open until mid september. You could probably catch a few pre-season games, tho. I know Rosenborg will be hosting a pre season tournament in Trondheim at the end of august. Rosenborg will play Aalborg (DK) at Aug 31st and Stavanger Oilers (NO) at Sep 1st.

Regarding jerseys: Hockey is a smallish sport in Norway and very few clubs have their own stores or even webshops. You might be able to find the Vålerenga uniform in "vålerenga sjappa" in Oslo. If you want to buy Rosenborgs jersey, send me a pm and I'll see if I can hook you up.

As for Trondheim, the team that used to play in black, red and yellow are bankrupt. They have been "replaced" by Rosenborg, who play in similar plain black and white jerseys to the soccer team also named Rosenborg (that you might be familiar with if you follow european soccer).

Old Trondheim IK uniforms:

Current home uniforms:

Current away uniforms:

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:12 AM
waltdetroit

Takk igjen TollefsenFan - jeg elsker hockey & øl!
I will try to get to Dammen if time allows

Old
12-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

They also have their own hockey team: Drammen River Rats. They have black or brown jerseys if I recall right. How did the expedition go? I once went to a bar in the US called 99 bottles of beer on the wall. Beer # 99 was Aas bryggeri. "If you're not by your Ass by now, this is an excellent Norwegian brew".

Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 04:28 PM
waltdetroit

I Had a wonderful time in Norway. Oslo, Bergen, Alesund, hurdi gruten to Trondheim, train back to Oslo. I took many pictures, especially in Frogner Park of the statues. I did get a Rosenborg Ishockeyclubb Jersey (Sturm) from Daniel who works there.

I am planning to return someday during winter and go to Tromso, see the Northern Lights, and watch some norwegian hockey

God jul og Godt Nyttår til alle Norges ishockey fans

Old
12-21-2012, 06:49 PM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
I Had a wonderful time in Norway. Oslo, Bergen, Alesund, hurdi gruten to Trondheim, train back to Oslo. I took many pictures, especially in Frogner Park of the statues. I did get a Rosenborg Ishockeyclubb Jersey (Sturm) from Daniel who works there.

I am planning to return someday during winter and go to Tromso, see the Northern Lights, and watch some norwegian hockey

God jul og Godt Nyttår til alle Norges ishockey fans
Nice to hear from u again. Im so happy that u had a good time in Norway

God jul og godt nyttår til deg også