HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part IV)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-23-2012, 06:47 AM
  #426
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Country: England
Posts: 3,831
vCash: 500
I hope they use higher color temperature lighting. The yellow bulbs make the ice piss yellow, you don't see it on TV because of white balance adjustments on the cameras.

ChipAyten is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 07:32 AM
  #427
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,769
vCash: 500
Agreed with the yellow lighting. I hope that is resolved.

Crease is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 12:05 PM
  #428
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve
 
Homeland Security's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY/FL
Country: United States
Posts: 14,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAyten View Post
I hope they use higher color temperature lighting. The yellow bulbs make the ice piss yellow, you don't see it on TV because of white balance adjustments on the cameras.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Agreed with the yellow lighting. I hope that is resolved.
Maybe Tim Thomas will stop complaining when he plays at MSG.

__________________
Homeland Security is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 11:44 PM
  #429
GregNYR19
agitator
 
GregNYR19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,059
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I love that MSG is dark, that's why I'm just curious to know if they are going to change that.
from what i understand, i do not think they will change it

GregNYR19 is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 03:19 PM
  #430
Cliffy1814
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
Has anyone heard about a sale of the seats that were just torn out?

I think it was done through steiner last time.

I cannot find anything.

Cliffy1814 is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 05:35 PM
  #431
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,396
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
Has anyone heard about a sale of the seats that were just torn out?

I think it was done through steiner last time.

I cannot find anything.
http://msg.steinersports.com/msg-artifacts/

im sure more will be there soon

trueblue9441 is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 02:15 PM
  #432
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
Has anyone heard about a sale of the seats that were just torn out?

I think it was done through steiner last time.

I cannot find anything.
Don't buy them from Steiner. Way overpriced. Wait for some idiot to sell them on the secondary market for 50 cents on the dollar, if that.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 07:03 PM
  #433
Giglio NYR15
Section 417
 
Giglio NYR15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Looks like the concrete for the upper bowl is halfway done...could possibly see seats going in by August 1st for sure.

Giglio NYR15 is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 10:57 PM
  #434
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Country: England
Posts: 3,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
http://msg.steinersports.com/msg-artifacts/

im sure more will be there soon
$150 for something the construction workers can easily steal. I'll pass... and grab a hardhat

ChipAyten is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 09:51 AM
  #435
Cliffy1814
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAyten View Post
$150 for something the construction workers can easily steal. I'll pass... and grab a hardhat
Well, the only thing I have any interest in is the seats. I know they'll be expensive, but I passed on Shea seats and Giants stadium seats and promised myself that if I ever had a similar chance to buy the actually seats I have sat in so many times I would do it.
I am figuring between $600 and $900 for a pair?
An absurd waste of money, but I am going to treat myself!

Cliffy1814 is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 01:36 PM
  #436
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
Well, the only thing I have any interest in is the seats. I know they'll be expensive, but I passed on Shea seats and Giants stadium seats and promised myself that if I ever had a similar chance to buy the actually seats I have sat in so many times I would do it.
I am figuring between $600 and $900 for a pair?
An absurd waste of money, but I am going to treat myself!
Hey man, it's your money so do what you want with it. I can see the sentimental value in that.

Dangleberry is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 02:40 PM
  #437
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,655
vCash: 50
300 & 400 Level Before Phase II:



300 & 400 Levels Demolished:



New 200 Level Steel Foundation:


GordonGecko is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 04:07 PM
  #438
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,747
vCash: 500
Time lapse just posted by the MSG Twitter.

http://www.msg.com/videos/discover-p...formation.html

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is online now  
Old
07-26-2012, 04:17 PM
  #439
Giglio NYR15
Section 417
 
Giglio NYR15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Time lapse just posted by the MSG Twitter.

http://www.msg.com/videos/discover-p...formation.html
This sucks...its about a week behind the earth cam, which already is a week behind actual progress. Wish we had baseball fever type stuff here.

Giglio NYR15 is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 04:50 PM
  #440
MessierIsGod
Registered User
 
MessierIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
300 & 400 Level Before Phase II:



300 & 400 Levels Demolished:



New 200 Level Steel Foundation:

Looking at that last pic, those first row uppers are going to have an awesome view.

Also, you can really see a big difference in the pitch or steepness of the seats between the upper and lower bowl. This maybe the only arena in the country that the upper bowl may have a better overall view than the lower bowl. I can't think of another arena where the "pitch" is so different between the upper and lower bowl.

The fact that raising the roof would be so expensive that it sort of benefited the upper bowl seating (getting closer to the ice without being much higher).

It's like transforming Metlife stadium back to Giants Stadium.

MessierIsGod is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 04:58 PM
  #441
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,655
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
I can't think of another arena where the "pitch" is so different between the upper and lower bowl.
Citi Field has a pitch difference in the same level. If you look at the field level seats behind the dugouts, there's a gradual rise for about 20 rows then the back rows suddenly rise up much more steeply

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 05:15 PM
  #442
Giglio NYR15
Section 417
 
Giglio NYR15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
If I had the money I would definitely have gotten those first row 125 a piece seats. Best seats in the house for sure.

Giglio NYR15 is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 05:23 PM
  #443
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
If I had the money I would definitely have gotten those first row 125 a piece seats. Best seats in the house for sure.
Definitely looking forward to them. Got two in row 1 and three in row 2. They should all have great views and legroom.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 05:30 PM
  #444
Rangers110
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 245
vCash: 500
I bought 4 seats in section 220 row 1 if you're interested in buying any of the games.
I will sell in groups of 2 or 4 per game.

Rangers110 is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 05:32 PM
  #445
Rangers110
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Definitely looking forward to them. Got two in row 1 and three in row 2. They should all have great views and legroom.
I got section 220 row 1, What section did you get?

Rangers110 is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 05:42 PM
  #446
MessierIsGod
Registered User
 
MessierIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
If I had the money I would definitely have gotten those first row 125 a piece seats. Best seats in the house for sure.
The $150s are even better..center ice..no net..worth the extra $25 imo.

MessierIsGod is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 05:50 PM
  #447
Rangers110
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Definitely looking forward to them. Got two in row 1 and three in row 2. They should all have great views and legroom.
I got section 220 row 1, What section did you get?

Rangers110 is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 05:59 PM
  #448
MessierIsGod
Registered User
 
MessierIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Citi Field has a pitch difference in the same level. If you look at the field level seats behind the dugouts, there's a gradual rise for about 20 rows then the back rows suddenly rise up much more steeply
Interesting..my point wss they cannot improve the sightlines (higher pitch) of both the lower and upper bowls without raising the roof. The lower bowl ended up with the same crappy sightline and less leg room. The upper bowl got the the better sightline.

MessierIsGod is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 06:17 PM
  #449
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers110 View Post
I got section 220 row 1, What section did you get?
My Row 1s are in 214 on the aisle just next to the $150 Row 1s in 213.

My Row 2s are next to you in 221.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 08:06 PM
  #450
Rangers110
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
My Row 1s are in 214 on the aisle just next to the $150 Row 1s in 213.

My Row 2s are next to you in 221.
Just curious if you had any luck selling any of the row 1 seats?
I also have 2 seats in section 115. If these gallery seats are as good as I think they will be then maybe next year I get rid of the 115's and get 2 more in row 1 in the $150.00 sections.

Rangers110 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.